Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 3, 2017 5:15 AM

May 2016
I mean, yeah, pretty much. Naruto prob had lower production value though.
Nov 3, 2017 6:55 PM

Feb 2017
I doubt it a lot because the first Naruto was good and way better from Black Clover actually is, Naruto in fact turned bad at Shippuden thanks to Kishimoto's and Studio Pierrot's bullsh*t in order to keep selling.

Black Clover is pretty pretty bad, and I'm surprised that there are people who defend it using other mangas like Naruto in some arguments, because of course, this manga can not defend itself. It doesn't have a single innovative idea and not even some remotely nice character to keep you waiting something from them (as in the case of Boku no Hero Academia). It's a total disaster.
CatnelacNov 4, 2017 1:35 AM
Nov 4, 2017 2:14 AM
Feb 2009
Ventus_S said:
GangsterCat said:
not really
tournament arc is just poor man's chuunin exam
and stain arc is just poor man's zabuza arc
and the current manga arc is also really awful

I actually agree to this when I watch the manga version of MHA.

I seriously don't get the hype of MHA. Maybe I was too old to appreciate stuffs like this.

PS: The current manga arc is a rip-off to Full-Metal Alchemist + Fairy Tail..

I don't think you can rip off Fairy Tail. It wasn't the first with boobs and friendship power, just the worst.
Nov 4, 2017 4:22 AM

Mar 2014
Lol, no. Part 1 Naruto was a shounen masterpiece.

FireFistYamaan said:
people don't like battle shounen a lot anymore or are tired of the typical shounen troupe. That's why Hero Academia get's so much love (much deserved) cause it's quality content.

Oh, I see, you're delusional.
Nov 4, 2017 10:56 AM
Dec 2016
ziggy_Z said:

FireFistYamaan said:
people don't like battle shounen a lot anymore or are tired of the typical shounen troupe. That's why Hero Academia get's so much love (much deserved) cause it's quality content.

i got to say, MAL dosent represent the anime comunitty anymore, ALOT of people watch anime and dont even know what his site is, or doent use it, through my time here i realized what populates MAL- weebs, so with conclusion even if people on the forums of mal dont like MHA, they can rant in theyre little site some more cuz no 1 gives a flying fuck
Nov 4, 2017 3:43 PM
Mar 2017
Maybe if they're planning to air 50 eps, we should wait to judge the entire series as a whole before drawing any concrete conclusions. As someone alluded to in a previous comment there's a reason why the manga is successful in Japan, so hopefully Pierrot can bring that reason to light and not drag it out (although flashbacks already has me worried)
Nov 4, 2017 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
damn guys youre just using black clovers fail to justify that the battle shounen era is over/shounen is shit and trying to put this crappy show on the same level as all other mainstream battle shounen ones wtf seriously black clover is build up in the worst way even the manga was constructed in some wrong way. the only plus i can see is that it manages to make me laugh at the first episode with that MCs hyperactive reactions. in no era would black clover have succeeded as a popular show if u leave out the animation qualitys
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 4, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
The argument of this topic is just plain silly.

Naruto was actually entertaining out of the gate. The first main arc especially was handled well. It pulled you in and provided a nice mix of action, character, and some suspense.

Black Clover's adaptation has none of that.
Nov 4, 2017 10:24 PM

Mar 2014
huck23231 said:
ziggy_Z said:

i got to say, MAL dosent represent the anime comunitty anymore, ALOT of people watch anime and dont even know what his site is, or doent use it, through my time here i realized what populates MAL- weebs, so with conclusion even if people on the forums of mal dont like MHA, they can rant in theyre little site some more cuz no 1 gives a flying fuck
And you're replying to me, why exactly?
Nov 5, 2017 12:54 AM
Sep 2016
Yes!!! Fight my minions! Fight!!!!!
Lovers and Haters.. Fight!!!!

I freaking LOVE the chaos this show causes...XD
Love you guys <3

More... Entertain me more dammit!!!!!!!
JudoJDNov 5, 2017 12:58 AM
1.1.Six
Nov 5, 2017 12:55 AM
Feb 2009
guulaash said:
damn guys youre just using black clovers fail to justify that the battle shounen era is over/shounen is shit and trying to put this crappy show on the same level as all other mainstream battle shounen ones wtf seriously black clover is build up in the worst way even the manga was constructed in some wrong way. the only plus i can see is that it manages to make me laugh at the first episode with that MCs hyperactive reactions. in no era would black clover have succeeded as a popular show if u leave out the animation qualitys

Nope, other way imo.
They try to justify Black Clovers failure by saying that people are just over battle shonen.
Nov 5, 2017 6:25 AM
Dec 2016
ziggy_Z said:
huck23231 said:

because hes not delusional, and what he says is true if look outside of mal.
Nov 5, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
ImNotHere said:
"Here in this thread you'll see... gale-force winds throwing feces in every direction..."

I'm just wondering where the moniker "New King of Shonen" came from, what with HeroAca already being a thing. Anyway, better hope Pierrot get their act together if Black Clover is gonna make a splash.

i don't understand either... BC is not something that make big dedicated fanbases... the manga sold low... the only thing that good is magazine ranking... it's more similiar to toriko... even WT made bigger fanbases before anime...

nelliecatalina said:
I doubt it a lot because the first Naruto was good and way better from Black Clover actually is, Naruto in fact turned bad at Shippuden thanks to Kishimoto's and Studio Pierrot's bullsh*t in order to keep selling.

Black Clover is pretty pretty bad, and I'm surprised that there are people who defend it using other mangas like Naruto in some arguments, because of course, this manga can not defend itself. It doesn't have a single innovative idea and not even some remotely nice character to keep you waiting something from them (as in the case of Boku no Hero Academia). It's a total disaster.

it has, actually...
>MC actually have no power on it's own
>MC actually coming from no name, no special genetics, no special tutor, no predecussor
>healthy rivalry
>the power totaly unique to it's world, so it's noticable
>no depression, no overly dragged drama, no misunderstood, just really stright...

but hey, it's still 5 episode... too soon to judge... 5 episode naruto also very vague too... i had to take it from manga btw...

FlareKnight said:
The argument of this topic is just plain silly.

Naruto was actually entertaining out of the gate. The first main arc especially was handled well. It pulled you in and provided a nice mix of action, character, and some suspense.

Black Clover's adaptation has none of that.

guys, it still 5 fucking episode... what do you guys expect?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 5, 2017 5:40 PM

Feb 2017
@Kuma, oh well:
> It has a power that goes beyond the understanding of everyone, this world has Grimoire with three-leaf clovers, and the four-leaf are exceptional. The protagonist has one of five-leafs, making it even more special.
> It's true, making everyone not expect something from him and making it more special because he will excel even more for that same reason.
> It's not healthy because the rivalry does not exist, they are simple childhood friends. The metaphor of rivalry doesn't work or apply to this case because the author doesn't even know how it works.
> Thanks for confirming it.
> No charisma, no personality, no identifiable characteristics, it doesn't have a single aspect that can interests anyone.

It's not so early to judge if you've read the manga, as in my case, and what you said about Naruto is totally false because in episode 3 we already knew Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi and they established relationships as well as their personalities, including their motivations for the future.

Just don't do this worse for Black Clover comparing it with another manga.
Nov 5, 2017 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
nelliecatalina said:
@Kuma, oh well:
> It has a power that goes beyond the understanding of everyone, this world has Grimoire with three-leaf clovers, and the four-leaf are exceptional. The protagonist has one of five-leafs, making it even more special.

depend what special we are talking about... the grimore is not even specially targetted for asta... it's just asta weakness strangly fit with grimore... asta, again, has no advantage on it's own...

nelliecatalina said:
> It's true, making everyone not expect something from him and making it more special because he will excel even more for that same reason.

because asta actually a hard worker, he doesn't even wait to get grimore to do 100 one finger hand stand...

nelliecatalina said:
> It's not healthy because the rivalry does not exist, they are simple childhood friends. The metaphor of rivalry doesn't work or apply to this case because the author doesn't even know how it works.

the are rival because they targetting for same goal? they are fighting fair... no hiden motive or insecurity or edginess or whatevers... does such a thing never happened to you? how sad your life is?

nelliecatalina said:
> Thanks for confirming it.
> No charisma, no personality, no identifiable characteristics, it doesn't have a single aspect that can interests anyone.

it interesting because it has no overly dragging drama, the relationship already estabilished from beginning, and there is no qrudge, or potential mental breakdown, or rondom angsty etc... surprise surprise surprise, some people also like this kind of story telling... who said no charisma? no personality? it's just intersting because it doesn't try to made up too much... simply entertaining advanture...

nelliecatalina said:
It's not so early to judge if you've read the manga, as in my case, and what you said about Naruto is totally false because in episode 3 we already knew Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi and they established relationships as well as their personalities, including their motivations for the future.

Just don't do this worse for Black Clover comparing it with another manga.

so, black clover isn't? because yes, black clover does too... do you give atention to series? also you are the one that bring other series here... not me...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 5, 2017 6:18 PM

Feb 2017
@kuma, what you mean? Hello! "The score reflects what Naruto would have gotten if it aired in 2017!" is the name of the topic, you come here babbling and don't know about it? Now I understand why everything you're saying is wrong. *sighs*

Try with a less complicated manga to understand. Oh wait, it doesn't exists.
Nov 5, 2017 6:31 PM

Mar 2015
nelliecatalina said:
@kuma, what you mean? Hello! "The score reflects what Naruto would have gotten if it aired in 2017!" is the name of the topic, you come here babbling and don't know about it? Now I understand why everything you're saying is wrong. *sighs*

Try with a less complicated manga to understand. Oh wait, it doesn't exists.

you accuse me tho, while my original post doesn't bring other series... yet you again, bring naruto... you said nobody can defend BC without bring other series, and i try and here we are... i try as hard as i can not to bring other, but yourself isn't... and there, proof everything i said is wrong... doesn't just being slippery slope "you are wrong"... you doesn't even try to refute any of my argument...

also what you mean less complicated? you mean jojo that doesn't bother to explain shit? or mindless action with lot of "waht a tweest" M. Night Shyamalan like gunmm? or trying too much to build bullshit psudoscience like FMAB, HXH, LoGH, SSY that easily skipped? or just insert "it's symbolism, it doesn't need to explain shit" like sayonara zetsubou sensei, or NGE, or "scream pshycological problem" and done like NHK?
( i don't necessary hate series above except NHK, fuck it! but that's for complitely different reason, just proving my point everything is simple with enough generalization)...
KumaNov 5, 2017 6:48 PM
Nov 5, 2017 7:26 PM

Feb 2017
@Kuma, how pitty the fact that you had to check my account and try to use my personal tastes against me just because you weren't able to defend yourself with arguments, which is silly because all the animes you mentioned are good, and if you don't liked them, you have bad taste. Poor soul.

Also, I'm not interested in answering more because I already said everything I had to say, is not my problem you're not capable to understanding it.

Black Clover is bad, this year or ten years ago. That's a true fact.
Nov 5, 2017 7:32 PM

Mar 2015
nelliecatalina said:
@Kuma, how pitty the fact that you had to check my account and try to use my personal tastes against me just because you weren't able to defend yourself with arguments, which is silly because all the animes you mentioned are good, and if you don't liked them, you have bad taste. Poor soul.

because, it's easier to give example you already know than shooting in the dark? also, lol at bad taste.... you have no better argument outside attacking person rather than the value of argument?

nelliecatalina said:
Also, I'm not interested in answering more because I already said everything I had to say, is not my problem you're not capable to understanding it.

Black Clover is bad, this year or ten years ago. That's a true fact.

then proof it... something is fact if it's proven... you doesn't even try to refute any of my previous argument... just defending behind "you don't understand" magical words... that's not how logical thinkiing works...
Nov 5, 2017 7:57 PM

Oct 2017
Well there is a pretty good chance that MHA will fall in rankings by the time we get to 8 years but if Naruto was done in a seasonal format there are points where I would rate it over MHA.

If the Sasuke retrieval arch was on its own I might have considered giving that a 9 or 10. So when you take massive series and aggregate them into one its harder to give them a higher score same for One Piece.

I mean honestly it wasn't just the fact its fresher and newer ultimately its because bones is adapting the series mostly word by word with filler being few and far between its a good adaption and at times Naruto also was a good adaption but it fell off later down the road. Not just the adaption but the story I agree the peaks so far have been higher for Naruto but the lows also were as well and I just like Deku as a protagonist more than say Naruto early on. Or Uraraka more than Sakura or Hinata.

MHA because its seasonal is less likely to fall in production quality as well I mean no ones going to tell you its original at all but we just think it was executed well and for people who value originality more or aren't a huge fan of battle shonen's I can see why you wouldn't like it as much but ultimately I do. I mean when I rate anime it isn't just the story that comes into play otherwise One Piece would be rated higher the adaption comes into play as well and One Piece has had problems much like Naruto in its adaption that soured me. Not saying it can't happen to MHA but if it does I will rate it accordingly.
Nov 6, 2017 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
Naruto is much more akin to Boku no Hero Academia than Black Clover.

To be fair the first part of Naruto is much better than BnH, it's not wonder that it stuck as one of the most popular anime of all time even after it's downfall in quality, the characters marked people so much that they kept watching/reading.
Nov 6, 2017 8:06 AM
Feb 2009
Kuma said:

at least something good
Can you name a long running show that took longer to go anywhere?
Nov 6, 2017 9:54 AM

Aug 2015
If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple as that. No need to cry over it, people have different tastes.
"I won't say you'll definitely be able to do it if you don't give up. But if you do give up, then there'll definitely be nothing." Aomine, Daiki
Nov 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
I read the manga after watching episode 1 of black clover. I dropped it somewhere around 75-80 and thanks to that I know that I'm gonna waste my time watching the entire series.

Sorry but the story is average and everytime Asta meets his brother is so cringe they always stating "I'm gonna be the next Magic Emperor bla blah.."

The good point of this series is the QUALITY ANIMATION they obviously put effort on that.

Nov 6, 2017 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
Almost to 5000s rating LOL

Man this is some good stuff you lot are dishing up

Please continue on
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 6, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2017
Maityoman said:
It's a shounen and it does it's job as a shounen. Sure it's generic, but to be honest, many shounen are. MHA is one example, it is very generic, but it has it's own beauty in simplicity and being a superhero shounen, it is something that people have wanted for a long time. People really just need to calm the fuck down. This whole rating/review culture is toxic asf. MAL is just a cesspool of haters tbh

Sorry, but i don't agree. MHA at least have his own identity, good characters and his own theme. BC doesn't offers nothing interesting or fresh (first, the magic theme shounen is so overused, we have FT, and second lacks of his own identity), +50 episodes in the first season to try so hard to be popular and Pierrot is known to make bad popular anime adaptations. I blame more Pierrot, the manga itself and the overeating people than 'haters' (when the majority that don't like are not haters, criticism ≠ haters) I prefer people saying that don't like with reasons than others that gives 10/10 to everyting because is popular/nostalgia/fanservice/the desings without watching the quality. I'm glad that MAL finally says no to this. Also the 'whole rating' (6=good unlike some that think than everyting below 8 is bad) is not bad. Greetings.
NurguburuNov 6, 2017 3:06 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 6, 2017 4:04 PM

Mar 2015
Bozzzz said:
Kuma said:

at least something good

what? A FUCKING LOT!

even currently on top steins gate taking 11 episode to investing... gintama rarely considered good it first whole year, until benizakura arc... most recent WSJ long run world trigger is weely monster before whole border system introduced around 20 episode... some clasic even much more longer... who remember original DB? nope! what people remember is DBZ! (tho personally i ironically liking original DB much more)....

Burguburu said:
Maityoman said:
It's a shounen and it does it's job as a shounen. Sure it's generic, but to be honest, many shounen are. MHA is one example, it is very generic, but it has it's own beauty in simplicity and being a superhero shounen, it is something that people have wanted for a long time. People really just need to calm the fuck down. This whole rating/review culture is toxic asf. MAL is just a cesspool of haters tbh

Sorry, but i don't agree. MHA at least have his own identity, good characters and his own theme. BC doesn't offers nothing interesting or fresh (first, the magic theme shounen is so overused, we have FT, and second lacks of his own identity), +50 episodes in the first season to try so hard to be popular and Pierrot is known to make bad popular anime adaptations. I blame more Pierrot, the manga itself and the overeating people than 'haters' (when the majority that don't like are not haters, criticism ≠ haters) I prefer people saying that don't like with reasons than others that gives 10/10 to everyting because is popular/nostalgia/fanservice/the desings without watching the quality. I'm glad that MAL finally says no to this. Also the 'whole rating' (6=good unlike some that think than everyting below 8 is bad) is not bad. Greetings.

and hero theme doesn't? i mean, first popular who estabilished popular battle shounen is kinnikuman, a hero themed battle shounen! heck, first anime astro bo pretty much also hero theme! and i liking BC character more, simply because they are much simplier and less drama... and long run is what battle shounen used to be... BnHA is the exception to taking courly adaptation...
KumaNov 6, 2017 4:17 PM
Nov 6, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
MHA still follows a lot of the bad tropes from battle shounen.

Just because Black Clover is ridiculously bad doesn't mean MHA is good.

Nov 6, 2017 9:21 PM

Nov 2013
Everyone wants to compare this trash to Naruto, but are forgetting that Naruto was actually good (at least for a while).
Nov 7, 2017 2:01 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Well... average score is quite... satanic. So good for anime with MC with demon's powers.
Nov 7, 2017 2:25 PM

Nov 2014
I don't like battle shounen much at all but this one is particularly bad. I think you are reading too much into this, battle shounens have been popular since the 80's and as long as young people are still being produced they always will be, it's just a terrible adaption.
Forum Signature
Nov 7, 2017 8:22 PM

Nov 2016
Bozzzz said:
Ventus_S said:

I actually agree to this when I watch the manga version of MHA.

I seriously don't get the hype of MHA. Maybe I was too old to appreciate stuffs like this.

PS: The current manga arc is a rip-off to Full-Metal Alchemist + Fairy Tail..

I don't think you can rip off Fairy Tail. It wasn't the first with boobs and friendship power, just the worst.

And the Most Ppopular One
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2017 9:59 PM
Jul 2010
Nope. This score only reflects what some people feel about this series. In a place that reeks of elitism and where it seems trendy to badmouth shounen, I certainly think this score mostly shows how circlejerks work. Naruto, for the most part of the first half of the series, showed great storytelling, nice characters, and good plot development. Black Clover has its issues, and I wouldn't certainly rank it as high as Naruto, but people seem too eager to dismiss it completely. The manga is pretty good, and the anime is actually improving one of its biggest problems - the pace.
Nov 8, 2017 6:13 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
That's harsh. I don't think Naruto would've scored that badly in it's first arc. You have to remember that Naruto was still a unique ninja universe that no one really tapped into, it had it's own style and world properties like the chakra system, hand signs, the ninja headbands, all shit anyone at your local middle school was talking about and sharing. If anything Naruto did the basics pretty well if just never expanded on them. And for your resident teenager being lonely and feeling outcasted was very relatable from Naruto point of view. Something I don't believe is really looked on by Asta and BC very well. Other then being a try hard shonen protag there really is no connection or grounding.

Naruto might have not gotten as popular or as beloved but I highly doubt it would've been under a 7 rating.

Milennin said:
Can someone explain to me how Boku no Hero Academia is even the slightest above any other battle shounen? Because having watched both seasons, I'm not seeing it. It's basically Naruto v.2 with a superhero theme.

Because it actually progresses on a character front. Try rewatching Naruto and see that the entire main cast is pretty damn stagnant from beginning to end (and that's pretty shit when you consider they're 12 when the story starts) other then a few tweaks. Naruto is lonely and then he's not lonely granted pretty offhandedly since we don't see connection with Team 7 outside missions yet they're the core emotion through line the entire series. Sasuke's overall revenge gets revealed and then it's just hoping from that through the entire series. Sakura really has no goals other then her love for Sasuke and maybe? being a medical ninja which just ends up sidelining her.

Forget anyone who isn't Team 7 tho we get introduced have a few moments with them and then they're gone. Lee, Hinata, Neji, all had sparks of intro and then are immediately dropped after part 1 and only brought back when the story needs them.

Where as BNHA the main character has already gone through emotional arcs that aren't just tied to his power, gained friends without it being fucking hand fisted into the narrative, and is invoking themes into the story that aren't just related to his goals but the universe he takes place in.

Not to mention the A-1 cast actually start to gain personality and let me just say the woman having goals and feelings outside a love interested already makes it vastly more interesting then old shonen.

There's more to it and obviously Naruto is done so there is more map to see how it started and where it went. But this is purely basic stuff I see the newer series doing leagues better and not very connected to Naruto other then the battle shonen and the pure tropes they all carry.
Nov 9, 2017 12:14 PM
Feb 2009
Kuma said:
Bozzzz said:

at least something good

what? A FUCKING LOT!

even currently on top steins gate taking 11 episode to investing... gintama rarely considered good it first whole year, until benizakura arc... most recent WSJ long run world trigger is weely monster before whole border system introduced around 20 episode... some clasic even much more longer... who remember original DB? nope! what people remember is DBZ! (tho personally i ironically liking original DB much more)....

S;G wasn't long-running and did develop in the first episodes.
If you say it didn't go anywhere then I'd say BC manga still hasn't gone anywhere either as there is no final result.
Don't know if you can compare Gintama, it's an episodic comedy, plus a little plot.
DBZ maybe, haven't seen, won't see ever, don't get the popularity.
World Trigger was shit, being better than it still isn't good.

Naruto in ep4, Bleach in ep2, Hero Aca in ep4 were further than Black Clover so far. This should be worse than Naruto, 1000eps to get an ending.
Nov 9, 2017 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Stripesu said:

Forget anyone who isn't Team 7 tho we get introduced have a few moments with them and then they're gone. Lee, Hinata, Neji, all had sparks of intro and then are immediately dropped after part 1 and only brought back when the story needs them.

pretty interesting claim. i remember the school in BNHA having more than 1 class, i wonder what the other classes are doing in BNHA.

seriously tho, BNHA is the shittiest battle shounen so far. idk why it's mentioned here.
Stripesu said:

Where as BNHA the main character has already gone through emotional arcs that aren't just tied to his power, gained friends without it being fucking hand fisted into the narrative, and is invoking themes into the story that aren't just related to his goals but the universe he takes place in.

this is the funniest thing i've read today.
removed-userNov 9, 2017 1:08 PM
Nov 9, 2017 1:46 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
FruitlessJuice said:
Stripesu said:

pretty interesting claim. i remember the school in BNHA having more than 1 class, i wonder what the other classes are doing in BNHA.

seriously tho, BNHA is the shittiest battle shounen so far. idk why it's mentioned here.

How is it shitty when it's already leveled the power ceiling and already has more emotional depth in the cast that isn't just "tragic backstory". A-1 already has 21 characters not including other key players why would they introduce characters that aren't going to be main stays in the series? The one character in class 1-C who made a main apperance has already been hinted at coming back into the series later so your point is irrelevant.

This isn't like Naruto where even the main 4-6 have hardly any growth in their character other then their power level. My main statement to the post wasn't even about BNHA I was just replying back to someone else.

FruitlessJuice said:
Stripesu said:

Do you find it funny because you can't understand or because you've read so much Naruto that you're brain dead for a better shonen.
Nov 9, 2017 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Stripesu said:
already has more emotional depth
keep telling your self that.
Nov 9, 2017 3:13 PM

Oct 2017
FruitlessJuice said:
Stripesu said:
already has more emotional depth
keep telling your self that.

Its a personal opinion you guys on MAL have a hard time just accepting when people have different views on fiction. Relax something like "emotional depth" isn't objective people will have different opinions regarding what they like to see in character development. She is telling herself that because she just prefers how MHA is approaching the characters and you like Naruto's.

Going back to the topic though I will say that MHA has just a better score overall because its fresher, popular and bones has a better track record than Pierrot of late that plus the seasonal format should lessen the need for filers and give the animation company the proper time to work on it.
BilboBaggins365Nov 9, 2017 3:20 PM
Nov 9, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2015
Bozzzz said:
Kuma said:

what? A FUCKING LOT!

S;G wasn't long-running and did develop in the first episodes.
If you say it didn't go anywhere then I'd say BC manga still hasn't gone anywhere either as there is no final result.
Don't know if you can compare Gintama, it's an episodic comedy, plus a little plot.
DBZ maybe, haven't seen, won't see ever, don't get the popularity.
World Trigger was shit, being better than it still isn't good.

Naruto in ep4, Bleach in ep2, Hero Aca in ep4 were further than Black Clover so far. This should be worse than Naruto, 1000eps to get an ending.

yes, the beginning of black clover is not that good... i am myself not rejecting it, but it will getting better since it made a build up... also naruto first few episode was good... it was getting worse later on...
Nov 9, 2017 5:34 PM

Mar 2016
Hulek46 said:
Well... average score is quite... satanic. So good for anime with MC with demon's powers.
so freaking true!
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Nov 10, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
I think that Shounens still have a ton of potential and if done correctly, are still some of the top shows airing today. Look at the recent masterpieces like HxH or MHA as examples.

Naruto, if aired today, would still do well. The main difference between it and this show is that Nartuo ws actually a loveable goofball character. Asta is absolutely grating on the ears. Right when I think he's done rolling his voice for a few minutes, he starts doing it again, ruining the scene. As other have said, the voice acting is just a huge barrier to entry for this show, and has kind of ruined it's potential unless they decide to change it later on.

Naruto never had that problem to me, I liked so many of the characters right from the start. They only seem cliche now because THEY started it in the first place. Yuno is basically a copy of Sasuke. Asta is a horrific imitation of Nartuo, and so on.

If this show actually had likeable characters and Asta's voice didn't make me want to kill myself, it'd be much better off.

Bottom line: If this show had launched the same year as Naruto, it would still have the awful ratings it has now.
Nov 11, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2014
ziggy_Z said:
huck23231 said:

Oh, so you're also delusional.

Jesus, stop being so cringey and bias and read what I quoted and responded with objectively -- like my actual post is.

Nov 11, 2017 1:39 PM

Oct 2017
ziggy_Z said:

FireFistYamaan said:

No it wasn't, it still had a lot of flaws and Part 2 apart from the Pain arc was complete garbage. That it somehow maintained its popularity even after the decline in quality is crazy
Nov 11, 2017 2:16 PM

Oct 2017
FruitlessJuice said:
Stripesu said:

Stripesu said:

Shittiest battle shounen and then has fucking Obito (one of the worst villians I have ever seen) as his avatar..wtf! Ok Naruto isn't the worst but definitely the most disappointing
Aardwolf94Nov 11, 2017 2:28 PM
Nov 11, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
Even though I disliked the last episode/new characters, I'm enjoying this way more than I enjoyed Naruto 11 years ago.
Hero Academia sucks too.
Nov 12, 2017 11:06 AM
Feb 2009
Shuichi2 said:
Even though I disliked the last episode/new characters, I'm enjoying this way more than I enjoyed Naruto 11 years ago.
Hero Academia sucks too.

Benjamin Button??????????????????
Nov 13, 2017 10:52 PM

Mar 2009
Doubt it. Yes, it being a series about Ninja is what initially drew people to it back then. But Part 1 also had pretty decent writing. For the most part, it was an excellent shonen. It wasn't until the Sasuke Retrieval arc that it started showing some cracks, and Kishi's classic bullshit started to appear. Of course, once Part 2/Shippuden arrived, it was all downhill from there.
Nov 15, 2017 7:40 AM
Oct 2017
Shuichi2 said:
Hero Academia sucks too.

Yes, but youtubers needed a "new Bleach" to making the "new Naruto" looking better even thought there are no differences at all in quality wise.
Dec 4, 2017 12:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
nop, i think you are mistaked!!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.