Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 29, 2017 10:14 PM

May 2014
OMG at last :D Cant guess at how long I’ve been waiting for this, my gateway anime to the bishe world will keep on serving <3
Oct 29, 2017 10:33 PM
Mar 2016
Excited; looking forward to it.
Oct 29, 2017 10:41 PM

Aug 2015
I.AM.SO.HYPED

It was good to wake up to these news
The best thing is that it’s finally a TV anime and not yet another movie. I have high hopes for this, hopefully it’s good
Oct 29, 2017 10:45 PM
Feb 2012
i'm pretty gay for Makoto so I don't really mind this otherwise KyoAni is mostly a pass
Oct 29, 2017 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
Lovely! Always a blast to have an Anime in summer season that's already confirmed to be good and fitting for the season!
Oct 29, 2017 10:48 PM

Aug 2015
shanimebib said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:
*sigh* They Could've made a new season of Dragon Maid or Hibike. But instead they are making this γƒΌ_γƒΌ

You have to understand that unlike Free! neither of the two titles are owned by KyoAni. Besides Free! is one of the biggest franchise of KyoAni. It's anime like Free! or Chuunibyou that would generate the revenue to take up projects like Maid Dragon in the future. Although I adored Maid Dragon, I was actually worried that it might enter red. Luckily it didn't.

To put it into perspective, compare the discs sold per volume for first season:
Free! 29.1 K
Chuunibyou 15.7K
Hibike! 8.3K
Maid Dragon 3.5K

Although there are other factors involved which are often disregarded, for instances production budget, manpower used, third party/ outsourcing (not usually applicable for KyoAni as they produce anime in house), IP, TV airing slot, TV stations involved, online broadcasting, licensing, merchandises, events, theatre releases and so on.

Sales aside, Free! and Chuunibyou are owned by KyoAni. The entire profit goes to their pocket. Hibike! is owned by Takarajima. Maid Dragon is owned by Monthly Action. That itself is a bigger reason for KyoAni to go for Free! and Chuunibyou over Hibike! and Maid Dragon. However, Hibike! actually had a significant profit margin. On top of that, all of the events were basically sold out. Also, the production value allowed KyoAni to add 5 mins of new content and release recap movies in the theatres, adding more monetary values to the franchise. I think these prompted KyoAni to announce not only one but two new movies in 2018, excluding the fact that the people involved with the production of Hibike!, including a couple of renowned ones, said they loved working on it like nothing else in their career.

Unfortunately for Maid Dragon, none of these apply. I doubt whether there would ever be any sequel. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Faederwulf said:
KyoAni please stop. Give us some more Hyouka, Nichjou, or even some more K-ON.

Basically the same as above.

In fact, Maid Dragon was never that much of a big hit in Japan and it didn’t make as much of a fuss as it did overseas. So it’s not that surprising. Popularity is a thing they will always focus on in Japan lol
Oct 29, 2017 11:37 PM

Apr 2013
Faederwulf said:
shanimebib said:

From the statistics I've been checking, KyoAni seems to always have a decent net income during each fiscal year (143 mil yen in 2013, 165 in 2014). Unfortunately whoever owns KyoAni puts profit before quality. I can't say Kyoto Animation has ever been one of the most incredible studios, but they've certainly taken a dip in quality.

well, if they really want to put profit before quality KyoAni would have had adapt popular franchise that hasn't get an anime yet and make its TV series to make a lot of money. They wouldn't take a bigger risk of adapting something from their IP into an anime. But I also don't deny that KyoAni is likely to think about profit like every business should do. I guess you're just mad because the shows they've put in recent years is not to your liking or not very good and you might be right. but you're wrong to make conclusion only based on the argument "Puts profit before quality"
Oct 29, 2017 11:38 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, I never expected this franchise to end up being so big. I guess fanservice does sell. Still, it feels about enough... Will it ever end?
Oct 29, 2017 11:41 PM

Jul 2012
Faederwulf said:
shanimebib said:

From the statistics I've been checking, KyoAni seems to always have a decent net income during each fiscal year (143 mil yen in 2013, 165 in 2014). Unfortunately whoever owns KyoAni puts profit before quality. I can't say Kyoto Animation has ever been one of the most incredible studios, but they've certainly taken a dip in quality.

free! is quality, what are you talking about? smh

edit: this isn't sarcasm, i actually mean it. an anime about reaching your dreams with a dash of sports and with a loveable cast of characters. it's rare to have that especially with a huge fanbase that is fueling it's sequels and movies. i appreciate this series for how far they've come.
Oct 29, 2017 11:46 PM

Nov 2007
Halloween Image that was screened at the end of Take Your Marks screening at KyoAni & Do Event on October 28.
https://twitter.com/xqwn1/status/924103425670889473
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2017 12:09 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
Free! is great but how about a s2 of Maid Dragon instead.

Where else can they take this story exactly?
Oct 30, 2017 12:15 AM

Jan 2013
YAS YAS YAS OMG! So happy to see more of my bb Rin. T.T ♥ plot after highschool pls

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 30, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2009
shanimebib said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:
*sigh* They Could've made a new season of Dragon Maid or Hibike. But instead they are making this γƒΌ_γƒΌ

You have to understand that unlike Free! neither of the two titles are owned by KyoAni. Besides Free! is one of the biggest franchise of KyoAni. It's anime like Free! or Chuunibyou that would generate the revenue to take up projects like Maid Dragon in the future. Although I adored Maid Dragon, I was actually worried that it might enter red. Luckily it didn't.

Free! 29.1 K
Chuunibyou 15.7K
Hibike! 8.3K
Maid Dragon 3.5K

Although there are other factors involved which are often disregarded, for instances production budget, manpower used, third party/ outsourcing (not usually applicable for KyoAni as they produce anime in house), IP, TV airing slot, TV stations involved, online broadcasting, licensing, merchandises, events, theatre releases and so on.

Sales aside, Free! and Chuunibyou are owned by KyoAni. The entire profit goes to their pocket. Hibike! is owned by Takarajima. Maid Dragon is owned by Monthly Action. That itself is a bigger reason for KyoAni to go for Free! and Chuunibyou over Hibike! and Maid Dragon. However, Hibike! actually had a significant profit margin. On top of that, all of the events were basically sold out. Also, the production value allowed KyoAni to add 5 mins of new content and release recap movies in the theatres, adding more monetary values to the franchise. I think these prompted KyoAni to announce not only one but two new movies in 2018, excluding the fact that the people involved with the production of Hibike!, including a couple of renowned ones, said they loved working on it like nothing else in their career.

Unfortunately for Maid Dragon, none of these apply. I doubt whether there would ever be any sequel. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Faederwulf said:

I heard that KyoAni bought rights for Euphonimum from the previous publisher actually. Was this information incorrect?
Oct 30, 2017 12:58 AM

Mar 2016
Faederwulf said:

I agree with Hyouka..it should have second season too!

Well,I didn't expect Free get new season..good news for the fans,I guess..
Forum set made by Sereshay

Oct 30, 2017 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
Yes, totally looking forward to this!
Oct 30, 2017 1:23 AM

Nov 2016
Oh cool,another sequel, looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2017 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
THANK YOU SO MUCH KYOANI ;____; YOU MADE MY DAY
Oct 30, 2017 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
yhunata said:
Faederwulf said:

Dude, 90% of all entrepreneurs of a profit-seeking organisation will put profit before quality. Of the remaining 10%, 9% will put profit before quality so long as the the product does not actively harm its consumers. That's not a KyoAni thing. It's a business thing.

I'm well aware of this, but it's a modern and greedy approach to business. History has known many eras where creators of entertainment put quality before profit.

Mayuka said:
Faederwulf said:

edit: this isn't sarcasm, i actually mean it. an anime about reaching your dreams with a dash of sports and with a loveable cast of characters. it's rare to have that especially with a huge fanbase that is fueling it's sequels and movies. i appreciate this series for how far they've come.

It's just boys and fanservice. Even K-ON at least had a comfy atmosphere.

removed-userOct 30, 2017 3:24 AM
Oct 30, 2017 3:26 AM

Feb 2013
Faederwulf said:
yhunata said:

Dude, 90% of all entrepreneurs of a profit-seeking organisation will put profit before quality. Of the remaining 10%, 9% will put profit before quality so long as the the product does not actively harm its consumers. That's not a KyoAni thing. It's a business thing.

I'm well aware of this, but it's a modern and greedy approach to business. History has known many eras where creators of entertainment put quality before profit.

Mayuka said:

Why do you even judge something you haven't seen, I wonder
Oct 30, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Ritshiro said:
Faederwulf said:

I've seen enough of it to judge it.
Oct 30, 2017 3:36 AM

Dec 2015
SnK is for summer 2018 and now Free!! I can feel a better summer season than 2017. :3

set by taiyaki

Oct 30, 2017 3:37 AM

Feb 2013
Faederwulf said:
Ritshiro said:

I've seen enough of it to judge it.

Yeah, whatever. I guess just seeing a bunch of gifs or images gives you everything you have to know about a story now *sigh*
Oct 30, 2017 3:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
And to think I thought KyoAni were finally about to become a good studio again after Kobayashi-san but rip
Oct 30, 2017 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
Kyoto Animation has quite a bit of projects next year by the looks of it now. First time they produced a third season from what I remember. Interesting..
what is Full Metal Panic
Oct 30, 2017 3:56 AM

Mar 2014
The second season was mediocre but I'm still hyped

BRING ON THAT GAY SHIT KYOANI
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 30, 2017 5:09 AM
Jun 2014
Yes! Now to wait for Yuri on Ice S2 announcement...
Oct 30, 2017 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
I'll only be happy to see more of my favorite boys Haru and Sousuke.
Oct 30, 2017 5:18 AM

Feb 2017
Idk about apeal of sport shirtless men. If it profitable, then its ok but dont over use it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 30, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2017
WHERE IS HYOUKA SEASON 2? ARE YOU SERIOUS KYOANI!!!
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 30, 2017 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
Still next summer.... I hope it will be as great as Eternal Summer :)
Oct 30, 2017 5:29 AM

Mar 2017
Omkar_Nagwade said:

implying that dragon maid isn't as shit as free.

come, you sweet hour of death
Oct 30, 2017 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
hope it will be about college life
Oct 30, 2017 5:54 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
I wasn't saying anything about how it made them a lot of money since the entire fujoshi crowd threw all the money at the merchandise for it. That point just means that KyoAni are greedy money-hungry people and put out shows that'll guarantee them revenue rather giving more quality franchises another go. If Free! was a halfway decent show, I'd have no problem with it, but since it panders way too much to fujos it's more than earned my ire. But that's the opinion of a hetero male who's more excited for a 4th season of Highschool DxD than a 3rd season of Free!

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NexuOct 30, 2017 3:54 PM

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Oct 30, 2017 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
If 50% Off was still a thing I could find this exciting.
But since it's not.
RIp.
Oct 30, 2017 6:28 AM

Jan 2010
YASSSSSSSSSSSSS
Here take all my money KyoAni!!!!!!!!
I'm always up for more Makoto~! <3

I'm so ready for some Makoharu and Sourin!! Don't disappoint KyoAni!!

That point just means that KyoAni are greedy money-hungry people and put out shows that'll guarantee them revenue.

Who aren't greedy money-hungry people in business~?
I call it smart decision by KyoAni profit-wise! Nothing surprising there

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NexuOct 30, 2017 3:55 PM
Oct 30, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
So fucking many series to look forward to in 2018, I'm crying ;-;
Oct 30, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2014
I mean, Free! is my third favorite KyoAni show and was single-handedly responsible for getting me into anime...but do we really need three seasons and all those movies? I get that the series is a big moneymaker for everyone involved tho, so whatever.

I'll still watch it of course.
#NichijouSeason2Never
Oct 30, 2017 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
XquisiteWig said:
Oh look, a load of people judging Free! again without having actually watched it! What a surprise! -_-

IKR. The first two seasons were great. I'm a straight male, and I'm hype!
Oct 30, 2017 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
EratiK said:
Stark700 said:
Kyoto Animation has quite a bit of projects next year by the looks of it now. First time they produced a third season from what I remember. Interesting..
what is Full Metal Panic

Last I checked, they produced two seasons (not including the OVAs):
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

The upcoming fourth season isn't by Kyoto Animation studio. So yeah, it's their first time making a third TV series.
Oct 30, 2017 7:16 AM
Mar 2010
OmegaOtaku said:

I wasn't saying anything about how it made them a lot of money since the entire fujoshi crowd threw all the money at the merchandise for it. That point just means that KyoAni are greedy money-hungry people and put out shows that'll guarantee them revenue rather giving more quality franchises another go. If Free! was a halfway decent show, I'd have no problem with it, but since it panders way too much to fujos it's more than earned my ire. But that's the opinion of a hetero male who's more excited for a 4th season of Highschool DxD than a 3rd season of Free!

Hmm, but for years and years there were only shows, at least the majority, were shows that pandered a lot to male otaku. I think it's fair that female otaku get their share. And it hasn't overstayed its welcome if it still makes money for KyoAni. And besides, KyoAni has done shows other than Free!. Chuu2 is getting a new movie, and Hibike too. Violet Evergarden is something that can be enjoyed by everyone, right?

Also, you're looking at Free! from your perspective. For you it may not be quality, but for many others here, it is.

Since we're on this topic, I'll answer your question about the other shows you mentioned. Nichijou, Hyouka and Maid Dragon - these are not shows owned by KyoAni so they don't have the right to decide whether the show gets a season 2 or not. They're owned by Kadokawa and other companies so it's not KyoAni's fault if they don't get second seasons.

P.S You seem to be highly upset by this news, but please don't blame the fujoshi or female otaku. They're only supporting the shows they love.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 30, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
Nachtwandler_21 said:
shanimebib said:

Free! 29.1 K
Chuunibyou 15.7K
Hibike! 8.3K
Maid Dragon 3.5K

I heard that KyoAni bought rights for Euphonimum from the previous publisher actually. Was this information incorrect?

Yes. It is incorrect. The IP is still under Takarajima and Takeda Ayano. However, Takeda Ayano confirmed that she would love to collaborate with KyoAni while working on the story, taking inputs from them.

I never saw so much efforts being put for a TV series by KyoAni in the past. They even released a promotional of the wind orchestra version earlier today in their official youtube channel.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 30, 2017 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
Perfect timing! A continuation is needed!
Oct 30, 2017 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait!! I want view Free s3 now
Oct 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2012
Wow this stuff turned from a meme advertisement for some water to a full on franchise.

I didn't know they had those timeless movies as well, matter of fact what's a timeless movie anyways, it doesn't say its a recap.
Oct 30, 2017 9:29 AM
Feb 2012
OmegaOtaku said:
(Nichijou, Hyouka, Maid Dragon etc.) and a series that fits into a certain demographic, no less, rather one that can be enjoyed by all makes me salty?

Dragon Maid can by enjoyed by all? Whatever man, that was one of the least enjoyable, shitty anime ever. It's only not their worst because sadly Phantom World and Amagi exist.
Oct 30, 2017 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
And I came back and damn ._. what the fuck happened here.
ahneeme said:
OmegaOtaku said:
(Nichijou, Hyouka, Maid Dragon etc.) and a series that fits into a certain demographic, no less, rather one that can be enjoyed by all makes me salty?

Dragon Maid can by enjoyed by all? Whatever man, that was one of the least enjoyable, shitty anime ever. It's only not their worst because sadly Phantom World and Amagi exist.

I don't agree with that but that's really regarding on taste to be honest.
Oct 30, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Yesssss
Oh baby yesssssss

although I wouldn’t mind Hyouka S2 by 2019 either KyoAni u plebs
Oct 30, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
i never expected this show to get so popular ! Like don't get me wrong I really enjoyed to show when it started and I'm looking forward to streaming the new movie later when it pops up somewhere online but to go from a commercial(?) that nobody thought was going to go anywhere to a full blown series with 3 seasons 3(?) movies and a bunch of specials is pretty extraordinary !!
Oct 30, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
Idk how to feel about this, but sure I'll still watch it because of Makoto. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)οΌβ˜†β™ͺβ™ͺβ˜†οΌΌ(^0^οΌΌ)
Oct 30, 2017 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Ramkec said:
Wow this stuff turned from a meme advertisement for some water to a full on franchise.

I didn't know they had those timeless movies as well, matter of fact what's a timeless movie anyways, it doesn't say its a recap.

Two Timeless Medley movies are recaps of the 2nd season with new added scenes.

In the meanwhile, I am still observing how anime year 2018 just gets more and more powerful, ohohohoho!
Yes, this franchise is one of my favs, and I'm happy LIKE DAMN.
People are asking what this season could be about. Well, there're many potential things to cover:
- Haru, Makoto and Rin's studying/pro paths;
- Asahi, Ikuya, Natsuya, Nao's studying/pro paths;
- Iwatobi Hiigh School SC activities (Rei, Nagisa, Gou plotline);
- Samezuka Academy SC activities (Ai, Momo plotline);
- Sousuke's daily life outside of all of this *tears up*
If all of these things are taken in pieces and compiled together into one season, it can make it up.
OR:
- a new story with new characters (new people in Iwatobi HSSC?), but idk.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuOct 30, 2017 3:58 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
25 seconds ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.