Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sylphinford and Umaru having fun~

Looks like it's the Winter holiday season. Interesting. Mini Sylphinford is so adorable! Did she really believe in Santa? Lol. Ebina also had some cute momens with Umaru's bro. Good for her.

Umaru with a santa hat looks strangely adorable.
Oct 29, 2017 9:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode by far for now.

It was so heartwarming, the whole episode really. Sylphyn as a kid is something i didn't know i wanted to see. She needs to be protected at all costs!!!

Also her feeling alone was sad, UMR-san got her to think of a different approach to get friends and it worked out nicely for her, she looks genuinely happy now.

Ebina listening to Sylphyn who got her advice from UMR-san (Umaru) was also nice to see and she's opening up more and more to Taihei.

Umaru helping out her friends like that and realizing that she shouldn't be like this at her home was nice character development, Taihei leaving got me for a few seconds, that was really sad xD
Oct 29, 2017 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
That mini Sylphin <3

Super heartwarming episode, Umaru's character keeps getting better after each episode.
Oct 29, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2017
This was a really good episode, I'm really enjoying this season so far. I was never really a big fan of Umaru season 1, it felt like a lot of the comedy was really forced and I'd probably rate it like 6/10. Then comes along season 2 and within first like 2 episodes it jumps to a solid 8/10, I'm really enjoying all the character development this season with Sylphin and the others etc.
Oct 29, 2017 9:55 AM
Jul 2017
The question is, do you guys really think ebina and taihei talked about it? :)
You know what the most of us were thinking ?
Oct 29, 2017 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
Young Sylphin was really funny.
Oct 29, 2017 10:12 AM

Sep 2015
So kid form not same as Himouto (chibi) mode huh? weird.
Into the Internet!
Oct 29, 2017 10:16 AM

Aug 2017
RAYZEN1337 said:

I doubt it, Nana probably got too nervous to admit to him. In the Nana spin off manga she does tell Taihei that she loves him but that is apparently in the future at some point (I think it said 3 years in the future). However that could be interpreted in many ways, i.e they could start dating some time before that but it takes her 3 years to actually say "I love you". The writer did it on purpose to make it vague and to promote speculation.

However I feel like she might confess before the end of this season, so far she seems a lot more confident in her feelings and knows that it's not just a crush (there is a big part of the spin off manga where she tells her other friends about it and decides that she will confess to him) so she might admit to him at some point this season. Also Taihei has been blushing a lot when talking to her whereas in season 1 he spoke completely normally to her so I feel like they are building to something this season. Since there was a like 3 year gap between seasons they might not be planning to make a 3rd and if that's the case then they might resolve the Nana and Taihei situation before the end of the season (hopefully).
Oct 29, 2017 10:16 AM

Oct 2017
Ahh I really liked this episode!

Finally Ebina's getting closer and closer with Taihei, and Umaru - chan's getting kinder as the episodes go on.

Also Sylphynford was reallyyy cute being portrayed as a chibi/child version~

Really looking forward to more episodes ^^
seolhyun-chanOct 29, 2017 10:40 AM
Oct 29, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
Christmass..can't wait for it to come *_*
Afro got into the anilive quite fast lol. I don't think I would enjoy those type of events.
Sylphi is so cute when she speaks of UMR. It's nice how the four of them became good friends.

Ohoh, did Ebina confess there? Looking at their reactions the day after probably not yet. But she did tell him something, wonder what.
Oct 29, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Really enjoyed it, especially the first half.

Oct 29, 2017 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
I think this season is a big ass improvement to the first because it's actually making Umaru develop as a character and becoming more sociable towards people. Which is good and all because I think if anything this would most likely let people get more passable with the series.

Being fairly honest this is actually the best episode so far for Umaru-chan R. Like even for Christmas specials its just such a treat to watch.
Oct 29, 2017 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode. The first segment about Sylphin was way too heartwarming.

And lmao @ Umaru and her speculations over the allowance.

Ebina and Nichan are getting closer,their interaction was really cute,shipping them a little now: 3
FMmatronOct 29, 2017 12:17 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 29, 2017 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
christmas special ...hmm nice ..halloween special good has been nice too
Oct 29, 2017 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was so cute! especially when they showed Sylphin as a little kid. Also I was laughing so much when Umaru found out that her brother was only going to be gone for 2 weeks.
Oct 29, 2017 2:01 PM

Feb 2016
I literally have no problem into giving this a 10 out of 10, its miles away from first season, Major Character development, Heartwarming moments... Can't wait to see the faces of those people that disliked this anime just because Umaru was Unbearable

Amazing episode, It almost made me tear up, probably the best so far <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 29, 2017 3:24 PM
Feb 2017
It added more personality to most characters which was nice. But is took a whole 16 episodes for umaru to realize that she's selfish and oni-chan is kind.

Oct 29, 2017 4:02 PM

Aug 2014
That first segment was perfect. Just like Sylphin. I'll even forgive they're in the wrong holiday season. Ebina's gotta try harder now.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 29, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2015
Umaru's reaction to her brother's business trip announcement was gold XD.

Good episode.
ReverberateOct 29, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 29, 2017 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
Sylphin has grown on me thanks to this season desuwa. she's very very pure desuwa

meanwhile that brother x Ebina ship is sailing smoothly!

and here i thought we have a really sad moment until brother mentioned 2 weeks lol
Oct 29, 2017 6:50 PM

Nov 2013
lol i remember reading that last part in the manga, but i thought it was like 2 days ;o

anyway, Tachibana and Umaru are really great characters, i love both of them DESUWA!
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 29, 2017 7:50 PM

Apr 2017
What a cute episode I have ever watched today! I wish my christmas would be like this. It was so nice seeing Sylphyn-chan together with her friends. The new year moment was funny too. This anime never fails to make me feel relaxed. I also love the development of characters compare to its previous season.
Oct 29, 2017 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
Sylphin trying hard for the Christmas events and UMR is her dear Japanese friend :'(
Umaru realizing she's been selfish and tahei going out for a while.
Oct 29, 2017 9:01 PM
May 2017
Awww Ebina is getting each time closer to Taihei :3 I shipp them a lot
Oct 29, 2017 11:14 PM

Aug 2017
Surprisingly good episode for Umaru standards in my opinion

Sylphin has definitely gained some points in my book now that she has a more develop backstory, I just hope they do one for each of the girls (Ebina and Kirie extended backstory will give me diabetes but it´s totally worth seeing it).

I'm feeling that the story is slowly going somewhere, not like s1 when things were just too static. I´m starting to believe son!

Oct 30, 2017 12:15 AM

Jul 2016
I think mini Sylphin gave me diabetes...

Desuwa~

Desuwa~

Desuwa~
Oct 30, 2017 2:05 AM

Jun 2016
Bruuuh, Umaru made Taihei sad. Waaah. He just wanted to bake a cake for Umaru for Christmas, but at least Umaru felt she made his big brother sad. Haha.

Umaru spent the Christmas with Sylphin, Ebina, and Kirie. They had their Christmas Party which was organized by Sylphin at her house. While Taihei spent Christmas with Alex and Bomba-san at an anime concert. Haha. Alex is such a cutie.

Sylphin really owe UMR a lot for helping her make friends with them four now. Aww. She's so precious. Apparently, UMR enlighten her on how to make friends in a right way. And Sylphin battling Umaru in class was just her way on befriending her. Haha.

Young Sylphin was so cute. Waaah. Her cheeks. :3 And her first wish to Santa was to have Japanese friends. Haha. Then it turned into a console or any strange things like what Santa said. That scene with Umaru surprising Sylphin as UMR wearing a Santa costume, though. Awww. :')

Oh the struggles of Umaru and I was so scared that she'll continue to lie about getting a double allowance from Taihei. Jeez. If she did, I'm gonna hate her so much. Haha. Her debate with her own selves. Jesus. Hahaha. Weird giving a friend of yours a New Year allowance like what? Haha! Anyhoo, at least Umaru give it back.

Umaru just realized that her big brother is SUPER nice? Jesus, Umaru! And after all this time she's actually SELFISH? I wanna pinch her cheeks so bad I s2g. Hahaha. You're like the luckiest imouto to have that kind of big brother!

Taihei is going on a business trip and Umaru thought it'll be for a month or a year, then when she found out it's for 2 weeks, she made this face:

HAHAHAHAHA! Yet another gloriously hilarious episode. Hahaha! Everyone in this show will be the death of me I s2g.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 30, 2017 4:01 AM

Aug 2015
for me, this was the best episode out of both the first and second season. And i need some subtitles on the ending song
Oct 30, 2017 4:05 AM
May 2014
I liked the Christmas concert with Alex getting into it. Sylphin's childhood is also adorable. I'm excited for Kanau finally appearing next week. Still waiting on Hikari to show up at some point.
Oct 30, 2017 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
Aaww, so sweet episode. The girls are become closer even though it's just through one night.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 30, 2017 8:40 AM
Oct 2017
loved is a the best umaru
Oct 30, 2017 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Can't wait for the next episode, in it is one of my fav moments in the manga.
Oct 30, 2017 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
Sylphi makes her a lion in this second series, I'm sorry. Fun and constructive also this time, I'm loving this second season, especially because there is a lot of talk about interpersonal relationships and Umaru's growth is constant. I look forward to knowing the new character unveiled a few days ago.
Oct 30, 2017 1:08 PM

Nov 2015

Really my dude...

I lol'd so hard on that part.
Oct 30, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
RAYZEN1337 said:

I WANNA BELIEVE
but damn what a tease...

This episode was perfect. Sylphin is adorbs and Umaru is finally learning how to be more selfless. It's so good to see all this development.
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 30, 2017 6:49 PM

Sep 2015
So did Ebina confess to the brother or something :0
Oct 31, 2017 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
The best of this episode: To watch Sylphyn as a child. She was cute. Does her clothes grew up with her?
Nov 1, 2017 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
Very fun episode!
X-mas theme was early this time!
Alex was so hardcore and passionate on that idol performances with those dual light wand sabers!
It's a good thing that Umaru decided to go back at Sylphin has UMR!
That cute loli back story of Sylphin was very adorable!
Very funny part of this episode was when Umaru reversed her tears as soon as she knew that her brother would only be gone for just two weeks! haha LOLZ!
5/5.

Nov 1, 2017 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
What a heartwarming episode! The girls hanging out was fun, and that Santa outfit was really cute too. Not to mention the guys going to an anime concert LOL XD I'm glad they enjoyed at least. Plus Sylphyn as a kid was pretty cute too, and Alex with his Japanese internet friend XD I love that Umaru is becoming more self-aware about Taihei's kindness and her selfishness at the end. Hm, I wonder what Ebina talked to him about though? :O Maybe asked for love advice or something XD Either way looks like we won't get any Taihei next week which is too bad, but maybe it'll make Umaru realize how much he does for her :P
Nov 1, 2017 6:47 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Really good episode. Lots of heartwarming moments on Christmas. Little Sylphen was so adorable, all she wanted was some friends. It's too bad her brother left her all alone, but she was able to find solace in games and anime. It was nice to see Umaru go out of her way to make Sylphen's Christmas extra special.

Ahhhh I want to know what Taihei and Ebina talked about! Do you really think Ebina confessed? Maybe she asked vaguely about confessing to someone she likes so Taihei wouldn't catch on.

Looks like Umaru is realizing she treats her brother like garbage. It's good to see development this season.
Nov 1, 2017 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
Heartwarming first part... Especially with TSF's backstory, and UMR eventually visited her on Xmas! Awwww

I am still wondering what Ebina and Taihei talked about. Should be confessing or something else.

Onii chan leaving next week. Good luck Umaru. Lmao
Nov 2, 2017 4:43 AM

Dec 2016
I laughing so hard when Taihei want to go to another town and leave Umaru for just 2 Weeks.
Ryan Jonathan
Nov 2, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2009
Yup. Favorite episode of the season so far.
The previous couple of episodes made me think Umaru was becoming a little less selfish this season, and this episode she even starts reflecting on her past behavior. Our little gremlin is becoming self-aware! Btw, what she did for Sylphin was very kind. Everything with the New Year's money was hilarious, though, even if Umaru goes back to her regular ways every now and then. She may drive her brother crazy, but you can't deny those two siblings have a strong bond. Especially in the last segment of this episode, despite how it all ended lol.

Little Sylphin is adorable. Resonated with her love for fighting games and how they can bring you into this cool community of people. And she has good taste in fight sticks! "Horu." hahaha.

Nov 3, 2017 12:03 PM

Nov 2014
I'm liking this season much more than first one. All those heartwarming moments and developments.

And what's up with Ebina? I'm shipping her with Taihei so much! I know it's not this kind of anime, but I really hope they get together at some point.
Nov 3, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2017
lol Umaru, I feel how tiring it is to have that many facade. And did Ebina just confessed? Ebina probably used the "friend of a friend" 'excuse'
Nov 3, 2017 10:35 PM

May 2017
Terkhev said:
I'm liking this season much more than first one. All those heartwarming moments and developments.

And what's up with Ebina? I'm shipping her with Taihei so much! I know it's not this kind of anime, but I really hope they get together at some point.

And did Ebina just confessed? Ebina probably used the "friend of a friend" 'excuse'
Nov 4, 2017 12:51 AM

Apr 2015
Clannad pmsl

I'm clicking into the rhythm, getting better every week
Nov 6, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
The Sylphy was strong this episode. Glad she had a fun Christmas.
Nov 6, 2017 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Christmas episode! This episode was so great!
We can clearly see that Umaru is growing up! This anime will end up so nice.
So this explains a lot of things about Sylphy and why she acted like that, glad that UMR helped her to understand that and now she can be friends with Umaru ;)
So apparently Ebina revealed her feelings to Taihei :D Really nice xD Loved their reaction when they met on the next day xD
This anime is getting even better! Loving it.
Glad that they all had fun in Christmas ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 9, 2017 1:50 AM

Jul 2009
Christmas episode! Sylph and Alex have always been crazy about Japan!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

81 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 24, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

40 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2017

38 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 29, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2017

42 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 23, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

59 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 22, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.