Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2017 7:20 AM

Dec 2014
I have watched all previous DB series and planning to watch this one, but when I look at the art, it has the vibes of No Man Sky where everything get mixed together to form a creature as well as the color scheme.

It also give me the feeling of DC/Marvel's multi-verse where I didn't like also, although some were actually interesting.

Also, I was very disappointed in Bleach after Aizen arc. The arcs after Aizen was the cause of why Bleach is dying.

Wonder that is the designs are intended to be No Man Sky? The "multi-verse" will also be the same as DC/Marvel? Is DBZ be the downfall of DB series similar to Bleach?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2015
Yes, DBS is pretty bad and it looks like it was animated by a bunch of Asian child workers who earn 10 cents per hour.
Oct 29, 2017 7:49 AM

Feb 2015
It only gets better much, much later on, if you can last long enough to get that far into it.
Oct 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Its not amazing but its sometimes enjoyable. The plot moves really slow and since everything is anime original, they can get away with creating as many nonsense as they want to lengthen the series. This anime is gonna go on forever.

Oct 29, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2015
I quite like it actually. Been watching dragonball since my childhood and still liking it.
Oct 29, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
It is the worst of the series so far. The only reason I watch it is because of nostalgia, and that's basically the only reason you should really watch it cause there's nothing spectacular or noteworthy about it.

Also lol at this:
Also, I was very disappointed in Bleach after Aizen arc. The arcs after Aizen was the cause of why Bleach is dying.
Talk about random xD and Bleach isn't dying, it's dead already.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 29, 2017 8:18 AM

Sep 2017
It it good? So so
Does the new arcs fare with the old ones? Nah but some of them are pretty decent.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 29, 2017 8:20 AM

Feb 2013
It's really fun to watch.
It can't be worse than having Pan as the main character.
Oct 30, 2017 10:18 AM

Mar 2016
sometime into dbs airing the dragon ball franchise started outselling one piece again so i doubt it
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 30, 2017 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Keep living in the past purist.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 30, 2017 7:43 PM

Sep 2016
aLotQuestion said:
I have watched all previous DB series and planning to watch this one, but when I look at the art, it has the vibes of No Man Sky where everything get mixed together to form a creature as well as the color scheme.

It also give me the feeling of DC/Marvel's multi-verse where I didn't like also, although some were actually interesting.

Wonder that is the designs are intended to be No Man Sky? The "multi-verse" will also be the same as DC/Marvel? Is DBZ be the downfall of DB series similar to Bleach?

Dc's multiverse is lively and filled with activity. Super's multiverse is only ever used as a plot device. None of the universes or planets in super are really all that fleshed out so if you were hoping for something like one piece where every island has a diverse world that has dozens of visual stories to tell then you're going to be disappointed. Super's multiverse is about as barren and boring as you can get, world building of any kind is just absent.
I've surpassed your limit!
Nov 11, 2017 10:51 PM

Oct 2017
Its an average series, nothing more & nothing less. Doesn't come close to DBZ, maybe thats just nostalgia talking but that series was just so entertaining and I liked that it took itself seriously to an extent. DBS seems to be one big joke
Nov 11, 2017 10:56 PM

Jan 2012
Honestly, its not the animation that bothers me the most. But rarher the ridiciulous scale of the fights and the logic behind all super powers really has become quite stupid by now..
How I love a game
Nov 12, 2017 5:04 AM

Dec 2015
@Aardwolf94 I loved the mix of serious drama/stakes and humour of the late beginning and Super doesn't work for me either, so the problem might not even be the lack of seriousness.
Nov 12, 2017 7:39 AM

Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
It is the worst of the series so far.

Imo it's the best of the series so far lol

Nov 12, 2017 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
It's pretty good if you can get pass the horrendous first 26 episodes that worked much better in movie format. Not the best of Dragon Ball, but still far above the fanfic level writing of GT.

As of now, I'm ignoring the first arcs existences and rating it an overall 7/10
Black's arc really boosted the rate for me quite a bit besides the anime-only
ruining the fun momentarily.

If you want to get into the best version of Super however, I would HEAVILY recommend reading the manga instead, as it's far more elaborated and better written in many aspects (not to mention Toriyama is way more connected with the manga than with the anime, which took a LOT of liberties even in absolutely important parts). The anime still is really fun to watch in any case, and it comes first than the manga, so it's kinda worth to follow in a weekly basis for the sake of comparison (aka, "how is the manga going to fix that little bullshit they pulled in a certain episode").

Nov 12, 2017 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
From the story point of view, it's a downgrade from DBZ.

But still, you watch DB not for story, but simply you want too see Goku's fighting.

and also, the story isn't that bad either if you don't care about the power-logic in DB xD

Nov 12, 2017 5:10 PM

Apr 2017
unpopular opinion: GT was the second best in the series behind dragon ball

fite me
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 12, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2014
no

charlimit.....................
themanualreader@proton.me
Nov 14, 2017 4:41 AM

Sep 2016
Aardwolf94 said:
Its an average series, nothing more & nothing less. Doesn't come close to DBZ, maybe thats just nostalgia talking but that series was just so entertaining and I liked that it took itself seriously to an extent. DBS seems to be one big joke

Compared to dbz which wasn't that good in the first place dragon ball super makes gt look like a master piece.
Nov 14, 2017 10:46 AM

Oct 2017
iorn said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Compared to dbz which wasn't that good in the first place dragon ball super makes gt look like a master piece.

DBZ has nostalgia going for it + was much more serious which I preferred. Super's tone is awful

GT was crap though, no arguments there but being better than GT is not difficult.
Nov 14, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2017
db super looks like trash and has a trash story if it wasnt dragon ball nobody would watch it. it really doesnt even look professional 80% of the time
Nov 15, 2017 5:58 AM

Sep 2016
Aardwolf94 said:
iorn said:

DBZ has nostalgia going for it + was much more serious which I preferred. Super's tone is awful

GT was crap though, no arguments there but being better than GT is not difficult.
I said dragon ball super was worse than gt
Nov 15, 2017 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
iorn said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Oh sorry, didn't read it right. Anyway on that I would disagree because Pan was obnoxious and turning Goku into a kid was a horrible idea. Not to mention it just didn't feel like DB to me, DBS does even if its medicore
Nov 15, 2017 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
It's a cash cow meant to squeeze the last possible money out from the blind fans.
Nov 15, 2017 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
It's a lot better than the originals for me.

Much better pacing than the slow paced DBZ. Lots of older characters with lower power levels get screentime and aren't useless. The humor is much funnier than the old school humor from DB.
Nov 15, 2017 6:00 PM
Nov 2017
Why is yamcha back with bulma tho lol https://youtu.be/Pix1ROaJtG4
Nov 17, 2017 1:10 PM

Sep 2016
Aardwolf94 said:
iorn said:

Oh sorry, didn't read it right. Anyway on that I would disagree because Pan was obnoxious and turning Goku into a kid was a horrible idea. Not to mention it just didn't feel like DB to me, DBS does even if its medicore

> Implying that pan is anymore obnoxious as hairless cat one and two. Or more insufferable than female broly, the fantastic noodle boy, and goku's fangirl.

I'm not trying to say that gt is well written. I'm just saying that in terms of writing gt is leagues above super in every fathomable way.

Gt introduces new planets
Pretty much removes the dragon balls as a safe guard adding that much needed sense of tension the series needed.
Delves into a little bit of the history of the sayian race.
And most of all goku isn't a pansy that gets his face smacked around and Vegeta still acts like Vegeta.

Super on the other hand introduces 5 concepts.

Gods of destruction which aren't utilized in any meaningful way

Angels who do nothing.

The super dragon balls that help reinforced that none of the characters are in danger ever.

The omi-king who does nothing meaningful.

And the introduction of 7 universes I believe. Most of which have one trait that defines them. For a country or small planet that type of classification would be slightly justifiable silly, but still somewhat grounded (as loosely as it may be) in reality. But on the scale of a fucking universe no you can't just call something as big as a universe the "Justice universe" or the "beauty universe" at that point you're oversimplifying something that should have depth to the point where it's no longer believable. Having a universe with one trait defines it is like having a character that will only do, talk about, or thinking about one thing.
Nov 17, 2017 1:25 PM

Oct 2016
iorn said:
Aardwolf94 said:

> Implying that pan is anymore obnoxious as hairless cat one and two. Or more insufferable than female broly, the fantastic noodle boy, and goku's fangirl.

I'm not trying to say that gt is well written. I'm just saying that in terms of writing gt is leagues above super in every fathomable way.

Pretty much removes the dragon balls as a safe guard adding that much needed sense of tension the series needed.
And most of all goku isn't a pansy that gets his face smacked around and Vegeta still acts like Vegeta.

Angels who do nothing.

The super dragon balls that help reinforced that none of the characters are in danger ever.

And the introduction of 7 universes I believe. Most of which have one trait that defines them. For a country or small planet that type of classification would be slightly justifiable silly, but still somewhat grounded (as loosely as it may be) in reality. But on the scale of a fucking universe no you can't just call something as big as a universe the "Justice universe" or the "beauty universe" at that point you're oversimplifying something that should have depth to the point where it's no longer believable. Having a universe with one trait defines it is like having a character that will only do, talk about, or thinking about one thing.

Super will introduce new planets as well, its just a matter of time.

Current arc removes the dragon balls as safe guards because no universe no dragon balls, only thing u can say here is that they will win because they are at the end of Z.

Super already went into History about Saiyan Race with u6 saiyans planets plus the history introduced with the SSJGod.

I dont see the difference between GT Goku and Super Goku, He acts dumb when nothing bad happens and when something really really bad happens and the damage is already done he gets serious.

Vegeta always acts like Vegeta in Super and in GT we didnt see him much anyway.

The Universes were just introduced like 18 episodes ago lol

and most of the things you said might happen soon, if you think about it in Super we had 30 Episodes of the Movies that were Remake, a Tournament that introduced Universe 6, Lots of Fun Slice of Life and the Black arc, thats about it, not much has happened since we had a bunch of Slice of life episodes.
Nov 18, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2016
Maitoz said:
iorn said:

Angels who do nothing.

Current arc removes the dragon balls as safe guards because no universe no dragon balls, only thing u can say here is that they will win because they are at the end of Z.

Super already went into History about Saiyan Race with u6 saiyans planets plus the history introduced with the SSJGod.

I dont see the difference between GT Goku and Super Goku, He acts dumb when nothing bad happens and when something really really bad happens and the damage is already done he gets serious.

and most of the things you said might happen soon, if you think about it in Super we had 30 Episodes of the Movies that were Remake, a Tournament that introduced Universe 6, Lots of Fun Slice of Life and the Black arc, thats about it, not much has happened since we had a bunch of Slice of life episodes.

It's very unlikely that super will be able to give a planet any meaningful personality.

No the current arc doesn't remove dragon balls as a safe guard. Because the super dragon balls exist. And even if they didn't win I highly doubt the pride troopers would do anything other than bring every universe back considering how strong their moral compass is.

Not many actual dragon ball fans give a shit about the u6 saiyans because they aren't real saiyans they're just shitty knock offs.

Remember when Vegeta danced for Berus? Yah no that's not Vegeta.

The universes were introduced 18 episodes ago but the concept was well established near the start of the series. Speaking of which Goku's universe doesn't have any characterization

None of the slice of life filler bullshit was fun. It was just a waste of time. And black arc was just one massive bad idea. We're 100+ episodes into this anime and nothing happened.
Nov 18, 2017 5:19 PM

Feb 2017
Dragon Ball Super it's the worst thing that has happened to Dragon Ball franchise.
Nov 19, 2017 12:02 AM

Oct 2016
iorn said:
Maitoz said:

It's very unlikely that super will be able to give a planet any meaningful personality.

No the current arc doesn't remove dragon balls as a safe guard. Because the super dragon balls exist. And even if they didn't win I highly doubt the pride troopers would do anything other than bring every universe back considering how strong their moral compass is.

Not many actual dragon ball fans give a shit about the u6 saiyans because they aren't real saiyans they're just shitty knock offs.

The universes were introduced 18 episodes ago but the concept was well established near the start of the series. Speaking of which Goku's universe doesn't have any characterization

None of the slice of life filler bullshit was fun. It was just a waste of time. And black arc was just one massive bad idea. We're 100+ episodes into this anime and nothing happened.

Yep its true lol but Vegeta would have danced for beerus if it took place in DBZ either way, that was the smartest thing to do I guess, he knew his power because they told him that beerus whooped SSJ3 in 2 Hits.
Vegeta Character is the most developed one in the entire series, He is a Family man now and I dont think its out of Character.

Many people enjoyed the Slice of Life tho and Black Arc was solid until the last 3 eps or so.

And Yes the current arc does remove the DB as safe guards, if they lose they dont get the wish and the other Dragon balls along with their universe is gone, doesnt matter what u11 wishes that doesnt mean anything, we dont know their wish and Im sure it was said that Jiren needed to get some sort of wish.
Nov 19, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
It's just as bad as GT at this point.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 19, 2017 12:20 AM

Mar 2015
unpopular opinion, but any installment after original DB is mistake for me... it's not even about dragon ball anymore...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 19, 2017 1:16 AM

Jul 2014
People are way too harsh on DBS

It's basically the same shit as DBZ where characters pull shit out of their asses whatever they need to and to make things more intense

Want to talk about undeserved power ups ? DBZ is full with it

Child Gohan become million times stronger every time he need to because of rage of muh potential, 5 year old kid was stronger than Goku after he went through all of DB, little shit was throwing hands with Frieza after he got rekt by Recome in same arc, funny thing is he did nothing but jobbing after he became adult

Vegeta almost died many times to achieve SSJ but Trunks did it off screen, he is barely 7 years old

Goten and Trunks were stronger than Goku because of fusion shit and they are 6-7 years old kids

I can go until tomorrow with how many bullshit DBZ have ....

At least Super is far batter than GT, which was all about Goku and Pan
Devil_SlayerNov 19, 2017 1:20 AM
Nov 19, 2017 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
It's not A BOMB or must to watch series,Story and Power levels go beyond silly but it's Really fun to watch , If you start to watch and go beyond 2nd arc it get's better, Just watch Battle of gods and Return of F then continue with TV.
Nov 19, 2017 6:36 PM

Oct 2017
Devil_Slayer said:

It's basically the same shit as DBZ where characters pull shit out of their asses whatever they need to and to make things more intense

Child Gohan become million times stronger every time he need to because of rage of muh potential, 5 year old kid was stronger than Goku after he went through all of DB, little shit was throwing hands with Frieza after he got rekt by Recome in same arc, funny thing is he did nothing but jobbing after he became adult

Vegeta almost died many times to achieve SSJ but Trunks did it off screen, he is barely 7 years old

Goten and Trunks were stronger than Goku because of fusion shit and they are 6-7 years old kids

DBZ has nostalgia, a more serious tone and better villians to go for it. DBS just rehashes the same shit and is full of boring tournament arcs with no real stakes because everything is a joke.
Nov 20, 2017 6:02 AM

Jul 2014
^I never said Super is better than Z i was just addressing in the main point why people hate on DBS which is the power scaling

Everyone can agree DBS is mere cash grab and fan service for DB huge fan base so Toei can get more money from it

Both GT and super are story that was never meant to be told, true DB story end with Z
Nov 20, 2017 7:17 AM

May 2016
After having a DB marathon (even GT): I can say only nostalgia makes people consider ‘DBS is downhill’.
1. Accusing Toei (wasn’t this studio adapted the entire DB series?): it’s normal to try to make cash, people loved DB and they wanted more, you watched too, right?
2. Blaming animation: perhaps everybody watch in original to see HQ or I don’t know make pauses every sec??! (couldn’t you just enjoy the flow of the story/episode? :O)
3. When it comes to humor (please come up any joke from the original series which made you laugh hard!), perhaps I’m biased Beerus or Whis, but when it comes to joking DBS is the best (I like when an anime isn’t 1D but makes you entertain in a lot of ways)
4. Inconsistencies: do you really ask it after Namek’ll blow up after 5 min. through 17 or whatever number of 24 min, episodes? And same goes for the power ups?

I admit; surpassing gods is too much for me (the God of Destruction couldn’t reach UI but Goku yes, really, dude?, however e.g. blaming U6 saiyans’ development: if you recall Cabba need a few minutes to reach SSY. Everybody in the series gained level by fights, in U6 the planet of Saiyan’s still exists (and he gravitation is higher), it can makes sense that they are stronger when it comes to challenge.

DB was more or less from the era of anime’s uprise, it created something really new. DBZ unwrapped it (and Gohan’s fight vs. Cell was epic in anime history, his execution of Jr.-s, the song under it, everything), but DB, DBZ and DBS have their own virtue. You can just enjoy them.
Nov 20, 2017 1:27 PM
Aug 2011
I blame Toei for handling a lot of it poorly, even without that I think a lot of the stuff in it just plain sucks.

A lot of the character writing is horrible, same problem I have with Luffy in One Piece Goku is turning into an annoying caricature. Hell, at this point even if I do not like Luffy I still think he is more likable than DBS Goku. The "Tee hee give me strong opponents I do not care if everyone has to die for me to have my cool fight" is incredibly frustrating. This isn't about giving a fair fight and such but rather the complete lack of caring for anyone around him.

Krillin has PTSD of a bunch of people who killed him and Goku tells him, nah dude just get over it. Yeah so two of those made Goku incredibly pissed off, one where he went on a hunt to kill Drum the other made him go Super Saiyan and he treats it as a, “Yeah whatever.” If he doesn’t give a crap about anyone around him and while that was played up a bit even in the original show the levels super pushes it is annoying. Other characters have similar issues just not as bad as Goku.

The animation early on was horrible, hell I’d even say while it did get better it’s still not anything I find to be good. If you are going to use repeat stock footage at least make it look good. Sailor Moon outside of Crystal season 1 and 2 did this incredibly well. Hell, Pokemon Sun and Moon uses it for Z moves and that at least looks good. The repeat animation of recent is horrible looking and when repeated just doesn’t look good. Toei’s been getting lazy with its animation, it’s not just super. One Piece is getting bad with its animation because it prints money. Sailor Moon they tried to do this before backlash to them made them improve it with season 3. Digimon Tri has some hugely lazy corner cutting going on and it’s for something put into theaters, in theaters. The models and colors still look pretty bad in still frames to where it is embarrassing.

It’s a Toei problem, and if I judge Dragon Ball Super on its own, it would have tanked had it not been for the brand name recognition keeping it afloat because it’s a sequel to something super popular. These series deserve better than what Super, One Piece, Digimon and other properties that Toei is trying to lazily milk for money.

Why else would they just redo the movies for 26 episodes, animate them worse and give almost zero reason to justify watching them.
Nov 20, 2017 5:28 PM

Sep 2016
Devil_Slayer said:

Really the only bad character Gt had was Pan...

Super on the other hand has

Cabba, Cualifia, kale, that alien with an inflation fetish, Champa, Wies, All of the characters from the first universe to be eliminated, Zamasu , Frost and hit.

Now I'm not saying that Akira is a master writer but I know he's at least semi-decent at it. Seeing super is like watching the final season of samurai jack.
Nov 21, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2014
DBS is so sad.

What color do you predict for next form?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Nov 28, 2017 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
This series is just a case of "fuck you in the face fans, we just want more money, we would sell our grandma for a dime". I didn't watch it but come on, blue and pink hair lol what's next? It is just ridiculous, and people made fun of GT... GT is not a great series but at least is enjoyable, it had a plot and it wasn't garbage-animated. I can't conceive that it gets better in the latter episodes because the whole series' existence is pure nonsense, but whatever, if someone enjoys it better for him i guess
Nov 28, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2016
Super is great lol, ultra instinct is hype af
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
Yisus666 said:
This series is just a case of "fuck you in the face fans, we just want more money, we would sell our grandma for a dime". I didn't watch it but come on, blue and pink hair lol what's next? It is just ridiculous, and people made fun of GT... GT is not a great series but at least is enjoyable, it had a plot and it wasn't garbage-animated. I can't conceive that it gets better in the latter episodes because the whole series' existence is pure nonsense, but whatever, if someone enjoys it better for him i guess

>Admits that he doesn't watch Super.

>Calls it shit anyways.

Wew lad.

Nov 30, 2017 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
iorn said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Really the only bad character Gt had was Pan...

Super on the other hand has

Cabba, Cualifia, kale, that alien with an inflation fetish, Champa, Wies, All of the characters from the first universe to be eliminated, Zamasu , Frost and hit.

Now I'm not saying that Akira is a master writer but I know he's at least semi-decent at it. Seeing super is like watching the final season of samurai jack.

Imagine having taste as shit as this guys.

Am I right, fellas?

Nov 30, 2017 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Yisus666 said:

>Admits that he doesn't watch Super.

>Calls it shit anyways.

Wew lad.

The thing that I haven't watched it does not imply that I haven't seen enough to base my arguments. I saw, when it started that it was simply the fucking movie they released months before, but a whole season of it, later the top notch quality animation and the new random new hair colors. I haven't seen this show, yet a friend of mine told me it's plot and made no sense to me. If it's good to you that's fine, but dragon ball died with gt for me.
Nov 30, 2017 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
iorn said:
Maitoz said:

1. Vegeta literally becomes the type of person who will swallow his pride to protect his family and Earth. That’s what he did when he danced for Beerus.

2. We’ve barely scratched the surface of these Universes yet, and you’re already saying that they’re “defined by one gimmick”? Way to jump the gun.

3. The show has established a shit ton, and we’ve seen a load of new planets. Saying that there’s nothing new is dumb. This arc is the gateway to GETTING more stuff fleshed out from those other universes. A little patience wouldn’t hurt you.

4. Most real DB fans love the U6 Sayians. By the by, who died and made you the person who decides what a Sayian is and isn’t, again? Nice No True Scotsman Fallacy, though.

5. GT didn’t remove any safeguard. Even with the DB’s gone, we knew that Goku and Co. would never die.

6. Goku Black Arc > All of GT. The slice of life shit is debatably the best part of Super. Implying that any character in Super is equivocal to Pan is dumb, to say the least.

TC, don’t listen to this thread. Myanimelist is notorious for being shitty and hating everything. May I suggest that you ask the Dragon Ball Reddit this question, instead? Also, most people love Super.

Dec 1, 2017 9:52 PM

Sep 2016
1. There's not a single event that happens that justifies Vegeta's change from a badass to a pansy that's willing to dance for an oversized hairless cat. And before you say "Oh he has a family now" That didn't stop him from risking the fate of the world just so he could fight cell. at full power."

2. We've barely scratched the surface of these universes and we're likely never going to explore them in depth. It's nice to have a bit of optimism now and then but expecting Akira Toyrima to tackle world building on such a scale is utterly insane. First off Akira Toyrima was never even that good at world building in the first place. And that skill only declined when we reached z. But only once we reached namek saga did the fantastic awfulness of Akira's world building become noticeable. We spent around 31 episodes namek we know next to nothing about that planet. It was blown up wished back and never revisited in any meaningful way.

3. We haven't seen any planets all we've seen was a bunch of barren Wastlands with nothing interesting on them. Most of the planets seen in super are clearly one shots created for no other reason than to take up time. Remember the bug planet that Vegeta blew up near the start of dragon ball z? No? Of course you fucking don't because it's not important. And neither are the majority of the planets that were shown in super.

4. Okay I'm going to explain why people like the U6 sayians specifically Kale and Cualifa.

Reason one: The majority of the dbz fan base is only using them for wank and hentai material.

Reason two: Feminism.

5: That's a dumb point of course they're not going to die they're the main characters. It's the same with the universe survival arc in dragon ball super. Of course Goku is going to win he has to. Because if he doesn't the story is over.

6: I mean Zamasu is flat out retarded...His plans don't make any damn sense and the only personality he has is angst and flawed logic. Both of these things would be fine if he wasn't regarded as a serious threat. Cualifa Aka marry sue incarnate and Kale aka bullshit power boost out of nowhere.

Dec 1, 2017 9:56 PM

Sep 2016
Dragonage2ftw said:
iorn said:

1. Vegeta literally becomes the type of person who will swallow his pride to protect his family and Earth. That’s what he did when he danced for Beerus.

2. We’ve barely scratched the surface of these Universes yet, and you’re already saying that they’re “defined by one gimmick”? Way to jump the gun.

3. The show has established a shit ton, and we’ve seen a load of new planets. Saying that there’s nothing new is dumb. This arc is the gateway to GETTING more stuff fleshed out from those other universes. A little patience wouldn’t hurt you.

4. Most real DB fans love the U6 Sayians. By the by, who died and made you the person who decides what a Sayian is and isn’t, again? Nice No True Scotsman Fallacy, though.

5. GT didn’t remove any safeguard. Even with the DB’s gone, we knew that Goku and Co. would never die.

6. Goku Black Arc > All of GT. The slice of life shit is debatably the best part of Super. Implying that any character in Super is equivocal to Pan is dumb, to say the least.

TC, don’t listen to this thread. Myanimelist is notorious for being shitty and hating everything. May I suggest that you ask the Dragon Ball Reddit this question, instead? Also, most people love Super.

Of course you would tell people to go to the dbs reddit page...Most of the people there won't even be able to give a valid reason why they like the show because all of them are 12-13. That also means all criticism valid or otherwise is down-voted because the dbz subreddit isn't filled with fans it's filled with fanboys. It's about as toxic as the rick and morty fan base. Chances are if you start a thread with "I don't like____" Then you're going to get down voted unless the rest of the community feels the same way.
88shotgunDec 1, 2017 10:00 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.