Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 5, 2020 7:42 AM

May 2016
This episode didn't have any songs aside from the opening and the ending which Dia did spectacularly but I enjoyed this one the most so far~

Even though I love all of them, Dia's one of my favorite Love Live girls since she always has that mystical allure of refinement which can be kind of intimidating at times but that makes those moments where she lets her guard down to show her real feelings all the more adorable and rewarding.

Seeing her want to get closer to everyone like Kanan and Mari was cute as hell. She definitely doesn't seem like someone you can just joke around with without getting told off but I'm really glad that they regard her as a precious friend for who she is.

Sep 15, 2020 9:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Episode that fully dedicated for Dia. At last, she had a chance to shine and developed her own characters more, as a solo persona. She had a complex personality, tho. She acted as a great senpai, acted as a nice mentor, and could easily mixed up with the other peoples by her charming mentality. However, in her inner scream, she wanted to be care of by another peoples. Aquors, by Chika, and followed with the others, successfully caught up the moment and bring back more happiness to the group: Dia-chan! She deserved that new brand nickname! She was too cute, she needed more love!

What a solid story, there Its had every relaxing time that i really needed. At the end, its really suited well with the theme to breaking up for awhile from the hectic problems beyond the Love Live! and school challenged the girls had. I can't say anymore. I love some of their slice of life, and this is just an exact example of what i was searching in these serialization. More you enjoyed, more you could easily get a nice result at the end. Its nice, right?

Most highlight at these episode, when the dolphin easily mocked Dia the entire time it appeared. I can't help but laughed most of the time. However, that sea lion seems more tolerable to Dia, when Ruby did something crazy to avoid a playful sea lion, there. Lmao. Yeah, its really a nice way to lit up the heavy moments from the first third episode before. Thank you very much.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 9, 2021 7:38 PM
Nov 2018
What an adorable episode!! I love dia even more haha! Dia-chan~
Apr 19, 2021 4:43 AM

Feb 2020
Dia-chan episode. That was sweet and I really liked her solo ED. It was beautiful. :3
Nov 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2017
I like Dia.

Not only because she reminds and looks a lot like my mom, but that too lol. This was a cute and funny episode. I do quite like it when she shows her sensitive side. She just wants to be called Dia-chan, but it seems her efforts to get closer to the other members didn't come off as she had hoped.

That was sweet for Chika to tell her what makes Dia Dia and why she's loved by the other members. The icing on the cake was all of 'em at the end calling her Dia-chan. You can tell she was happy to hear that!
Mar 16, 2022 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
An episode dedicated to the owner of the best mole in the anime industry, this series is going to be in my top 5 for sure.
Mar 31, 2022 9:45 AM

Jan 2022
Mar 26, 2023 5:49 PM

May 2013
Trying to be a better person by changing yourself completely is something that hitted close to me. So you can please and befriend more. The fact that you don't seem natural either way. The fact that just it doesn't work after all. And finally the fact that you are the person that you are, forcing yourself to be more funny and make more jokes instead of being a serious person won't work... I found myself a lot in Dia place in this episode and that made me enjoy her even more... Because the closer you are to someone, the closer you can get their feelings... 

5/5 Favorite episode so far 
Tuti_Mar 26, 2023 5:57 PM

Mar 21, 12:46 PM
Oct 2022
Another good episode! 3 in a row now, so consider me impressed! This Gen of LL now has 4 episodes I’ve been able to rate 4/5- wondering if any episodes will be a 5/5 moving forward. I really enjoy character dive episodes in the LL franchise- they shine a lot more brilliantly than most episodes and always stick with me since I think they enhance each idol and the group as a whole. Dia became MUCH more endearing with this episode, especially since I felt I hardly knew her before hand (which is shocking to have felt that way when we’ve been given a lot of information about her but she still had that distance feeling). Now, she’s more personable for sure~ The only reason this episode wasn’t a 5/5 was because the third years are kind of bad friends, but the show keeps insisting otherwise. I don’t think good friends discourage mutual friends from comforting each other like Kanan did when Chika showed concern for Dia who was visibly slumped over and enduring some negative feelings. I’m surprised Chika didn’t approach her despite Kanan saying “let Dia deal with it herself”. I also don’t think it’s cute or funny when Mari and Kanan still laugh at Dia when she asks them not to. No wonder she hides all her sincere feelings- the two friends she grew up with laugh at her whenever she does! I understand a minor teasing of friends, but Dia is clearly not happy about it and even knows to request in advance that they don’t make fun of her, but they still laugh at her (even when she’s expressing she’s feeling singled out with a more formal honorific than everyone else). That’s so sad! What about Dia struggling for several days is funny to her closest friends? I hate they refused to step in to help communicate with Dia- they’re a group, and I feel like Dia shouldn’t have to shoulder all her feelings about group connections alone. Mari and Kanan were somehow even discouraging when trying to wingman Dia’s closeness with the group; they didn’t actually try to help her aside from telling her to give small talk (but not telling her how), and when she failed to get closer to them in that way, Kanan voiced that she didn’t think it was going to work from the start (rude! Why suggest it then??). I was relieved when they finally did what they should have done from the start- even though I don’t think they needed to speak on BEHALF of Dia, I think they could have just encouraged one of the other members (like Chika who was already concerned about Dia when she looked sad earlier) to tell Dia they care for her and to ask if she was doing okay. That could have helped Dia feel like the others were seeing her too (since they were, but Kanan discouraged from approaching her). Mari was my favorite before this episode but she definitely got less respect from me here, and I can’t say she is anymore. I was glad it felt like Yohane was merging more with the group here and contributing a bit more than random, irrelevant words- I still miss Yoshiko too and wish she wasn’t perma-Yohane since her recruitment episode. She seemed to like being Yoshiko too and wanted to defend it, but it’s been lost, and that worries me. Since the next up episode showed her and Riko (always a rather consistent character who is likable), I hope we get to dive more into the other aspects of those two like we just saw with Dia.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.