Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 28, 2017 4:20 AM

Jun 2007
Series is pretty dull, not much explanation of what is going on in any of the scenes. So far things are just happening for the sole reason 'just because'.

Soundtrack is good though!
Oct 28, 2017 5:23 AM

Dec 2014
"What the shit is going on? It doesn't make any logical sense!"
Me this episode. I mean, yeah, I can see the plot that they're trying to stick together. But it feels like they're taking hours and hours of content and ramming it into 20 minutes. That just doesn't work.
Oct 28, 2017 6:10 AM
Aug 2017
UltimaWeaponEX said:
nekrot1co0 said:
None of it is making any sense so far.

I really like people who say that there is no sense at the moment and that it is confused. You got stuck on episode 0 or what?

LDO's come to integrate Ren's life.

He is asked to prepare for important things for the future.

Some details will attack Ren's entourage. And why all this? We do not know, but you think that we will tell everything from the first episodes? it does not help to put suspense on it if you want to know everything from the beginning.
That's all. I discover the visual novel with this anime and I understand what is happening, I guess to think about the details like the words of Mercurius or the Kasumi medal is too much for a lot of people. Episode 0 is a very confusing episode, but what is happening now, omg, there is nothing difficult to understand.

The only thing I really regret is the rush that a lot of people know about the visual novel criticism, and I can understand because it's a shame. After, if the main events are present, it is just as profitable.

I guess people don't have the patience to wait for things to unfold. I means a lot of people don't even understand what happen in Shingeki no Kyojin manga now even thought it is pretty simple. I haven't read the VN and plan to read it after this but I can understand this anime.
Oct 28, 2017 7:20 AM

May 2013
Still don't know what's going on here but somehow I just can't drop this show. Aside from the confusing story I like the dark, menancing atmosphere and a villian group which remind me of Hellsing Ultimate in a way.
Oct 28, 2017 7:31 AM

Dec 2014
FireFistYamaan said:
The only thing this has going for itself is the glorious soundtrack

Seconded.

I'm still pretty lost on the series, not sure if I'll continue further.
Oct 28, 2017 7:32 AM

Sep 2015

This is just an extra bonus animated scenes for VN readers, we can't even classify this with the seasonal animes, there is no point.
Oct 28, 2017 9:25 AM
Feb 2017
The biggest problem I have right now is how Ren and Kasumi seemed to have come to terms with their situation after such bizzare circumstances. Seriously? Shouldn't the natural response be something of confusion and panic? They didn't seem to know what the heck was going on just minutes earlier in this episode. I guess this is what happens when they expect you to have known the source material.

I'm still gonna continue watching this anime just because the setting is pretty interesting. Plus, i just want to know what the heck is going on. That being said though, i have little faith in this adaptation. ^_^
Oct 28, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2017
ovy7 said:
Troll12345678966 said:
Alright so wich one of you handsome ogaku devils is goibg to explain to me what in the shit that just happend because i sure as all hell does not have a single trace of a clue!!
Line emm up boys!!
OP so epic though!

Here:
For those who didn't understand the 'Kasumi is the murderer' thing: Basically, the magic here runs on souls. The more you have, the better (the quality of souls also matter), and Ren needed souls to get more powerful. So he, unknowingly, makes Kasumi his surrogate, giving her his powers so she can murder people and get souls for him. Again, all of this was done without Ren's awareness by Mercurius so Ren can get stronger so he can fight the 'nazis'. Why? Well, it gets complicated and kinda spoilery, but if someone wants to know I'll tell them.
thank alot man, no need for spoilers
Oct 28, 2017 10:51 AM
Feb 2016
Eugenefindit said:
The biggest problem I have right now is how Ren and Kasumi seemed to have come to terms with their situation after such bizzare circumstances. Seriously? Shouldn't the natural response be something of confusion and panic? They didn't seem to know what the heck was going on just minutes earlier in this episode. I guess this is what happens when they expect you to have known the source material.

I'm still gonna continue watching this anime just because the setting is pretty interesting. Plus, i just want to know what the heck is going on. That being said though, i have little faith in this adaptation. ^_^

Kasumi has not come to terms with anything, she's just being used by the guillotine so she doesn't have an actual memory of it just like she continued to live a normal life for weeks despite killing all those people since the beginning of the series. If she had memories it would turn her into a bad person that kills others and fels nothing about it something which Kasumi is not unlike 99% of the DI cast

And about Ren, he genuinely DOES NOT CARE about the people Kasumi has killed or that Mercurius is manipulating him, he cares that it was Kasumi the one forced to do it because it interrupts his "daily life" which forces him to make a move(fight the bad guys which is the opposite of what he wants, stagnation) or be guaranteed to lose everything he's build until now. But he really doesn't give a shit about the victims and the fact that they're dead makes him care even less which is why his "solution" is just to kill them all since they're bothersome.
E96825Oct 28, 2017 11:02 AM
Oct 28, 2017 11:00 AM
Feb 2016
shiro_kai said:

This is just an extra bonus animated scenes for VN readers, we can't even classify this with the seasonal animes, there is no point.

Not at all, it's very easy to follow. People are still mixing this with episode 0 instead of paying attention to what they've been given, it's nobody's fault but their own because everything presented so far in episode 1-3 has been getting explained slowly.

And even if it was, VN readers did pay for the anime it was originally just meant to be an OVA with the final fight of a particular route.

The only thing I can grant you is the fact that Dies Irae has different routes and is only complete after you read these 4 routes while this anime is adapting only 1 of them so if you finish this you won't get Dies Irae you will just get 1/4 of Dies Irae just like watching UBW or Fate as standalones won't give you knowledge about F/SN as a whole.
Oct 28, 2017 5:27 PM
Feb 2017
E96825 said:
Eugenefindit said:

Kasumi has not come to terms with anything, she's just being used by the guillotine so she doesn't have an actual memory of it just like she continued to live a normal life for weeks despite killing all those people since the beginning of the series. If she had memories it would turn her into a bad person that kills others and fels nothing about it something which Kasumi is not unlike 99% of the DI cast

And about Ren, he genuinely DOES NOT CARE about the people Kasumi has killed or that Mercurius is manipulating him, he cares that it was Kasumi the one forced to do it because it interrupts his "daily life" which forces him to make a move(fight the bad guys which is the opposite of what he wants, stagnation) or be guaranteed to lose everything he's build until now. But he really doesn't give a shit about the victims and the fact that they're dead makes him care even less which is why his "solution" is just to kill them all since they're bothersome.

Ok. That makes more sense. But still, the studio needs to do a better job at connecting scenes together so that they make sense. I was so confused when they decided to jump from Ren and Kasumi being on the bridge to all of sudden Ren is on a park bench. You could say well the video game will help you understand. But there shouldn't be a need to. The anime needs to be able to do that on its own. I really do hope things eventually get cleared up.
Oct 28, 2017 10:15 PM
Aug 2017
UltimaWeaponEX said:
nekrot1co0 said:

I really like people who say that there is no sense at the moment and that it is confused. You got stuck on episode 0 or what?

LDO's come to integrate Ren's life.

He is asked to prepare for important things for the future.

Some details will attack Ren's entourage. And why all this? We do not know, but you think that we will tell everything from the first episodes? it does not help to put suspense on it if you want to know everything from the beginning.
That's all. I discover the visual novel with this anime and I understand what is happening, I guess to think about the details like the words of Mercurius or the Kasumi medal is too much for a lot of people. Episode 0 is a very confusing episode, but what is happening now, omg, there is nothing difficult to understand.

The only thing I really regret is the rush that a lot of people know about the visual novel criticism, and I can understand because it's a shame. After, if the main events are present, it is just as profitable.

I really like people who have seen the VN and act like everyone should know what the flying fuck is going on in the anime, including those who doesn't give a rat's ass about the VN. Lots of people are confused not just not me, so whether you like it or not, it's because the story is not making any sense :)
Oct 29, 2017 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
It's rude by the studio that the anime doesn't make much sense to the normal audience.
They can't expect that everyone played the VN before.

To me it's like Fate Stay Night on drugs with crazy nazi people that want to kill everyone

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2017 2:10 PM

Jan 2016
Come on guys, the anime is actually good...
;(
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Oct 29, 2017 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
Oh god this is exactly like Chaos;Child. So awful. MC's female friend is a psycho just like in C;C all for a "greater purpose." Only this one has nazis in it for more mass appeal, I guess. Both shows have a weird story that jumps around and doesn't make sense. At least this one's battles are slightly better. That's not exactly saying much for the show, overall.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 29, 2017 4:52 PM

Jul 2015
WILL I FINALLY FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? No... We still have to wait to figure out anything... well... dang it...

All I got is that they may be stand users... maybe... but with more human like stands... maybe... or something like that I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE BASICS BUT NOTHING IS EXPLAINED AT ALL and on top of that, this anime is giving me nothing to work with here aside from someone can cut things... that's all...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 30, 2017 12:39 AM

Oct 2017
Devil_Slayer said:

Basically all those crazy nazi were given those supernatural power by Karl Kraft "well he have many names but he goes mostly by Mercurius" it's the guy who was sitting on the throne in middle of space, however their power didn't come for free, Mercurius fucked them over and most of them have regret from the past they want to fix and he promised them to grant their wish if they wish this battle in Swahara city

As for kasumi, in Dies Irae characters have something called Holy Relics "you can count them as Nobel Phantasm" it give them supernatural power, you can power up those weapons by putting spirit inside it which require killing people, so in short the more you kill the stronger you get

I could go into more detail but post will be too long and there something they are yet to explain in the anime

You just explained better what is going in two paragraphs than this anime has done in 3 episodes(4 if you count episode 0).

Anyway it's a drop, so far, so bad, so what, so boring.
Oct 30, 2017 3:04 AM

Nov 2016
This won't get better..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2017 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
This is as far as I can go with this shit. The only thing I can do is offer my condolences to the Japanese that payed money to make this sad anime happen. Rip your wallets. Dropped.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 30, 2017 9:14 AM
Mar 2012
Wait... Mercurius stuck in a timeloop, and needs mc/side (Ren/Kasumi) to break the loop? Somehow Kasumi related to Marie...? Then Ren's dreams, sacrifices, guillotine etc kinda make sense now.
Oct 30, 2017 1:13 PM

Nov 2014
Okay, honestly, that was kind of a mess.

Kasumi gives Ren a cool looking necklace after they go on a kind of date. She tells him that he can depend on her. Kasumi gets possessed—or something—and all of her insecurities come to the surface. A dude in the universe appears, boasting about his own awesomeness. Some attacks happen. Ren talks Kasumi back to her senses, and they embrace. Also, Maria showed up again.

I didn't get most of this. It's still entertaining in a superficial way, but it's inching towards clusterfuckery.
Oct 30, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2015
I'll leave here a short summary of episode 3. I have one for all of the episodes (including 0), if anyone is interested, I may post it here. Anyway:

Ren confronts Rusalka. She tells him that he's Mercurius substitute and that they are here to make their wishes happen.

Something weird is happening to Kasumi, so Ren tries to calm her by saying he and Shirou saw her naked in the school's showers (lol). Then they have some sort of date, and Kasumi buys him a necklace that symbolizes Mercury (hm). Ren passes out again and when he makes up he goes after Kasumi. He doesn't find her and he's too scared to call her, as he doesn't want her to be involved into this. Sakurai appears and explains Ren that he, unknowingly, given Kasumi his powers so she can kill people for him (so he can get stronger). Ren finds Kasumi and she attacks Ren. Then you got that scene with Mercurius that tells us that he's behind this, and he wants an unknown ending (as he's basically omniscient). Ren tries to reach Kasumi but he gets hurt. They have a talk about if she is useless, then Ren can no longer be hurt because those are his powers and he accepted them because he doesn't want Kasumi to suffer any longer. The acceptance of his powers is shown to us in the last scene where we see a scar, similar to Marie's one, on Ren's neck.
End of episode 3.

This is basically what happened.
Oct 30, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2017
I hope dies irae in future episodes fully or better explains what the story is about because I’m sure everyone understands what’s going on but there is always at least 5 grey areas (things that are confusing also known as Why is this here what does it do?) per ep. So far I would say this anime is a 6-7/10 most of the score coming from the cool looking action but in my opinion so far the story is a let down so I hope for Eps to come they turn it around story wise while also keeping the cool looking action but also doing a better job at making the viewer understand their powers and what’s going on. 6/10 so far, hope they make me change my mind with future Eps
Oct 30, 2017 1:40 PM

Sep 2017
thesarcasticguy said:
Err... Okay. I get a little of the story but it's still confusing as hell, mainly because the anime isn't making anything clear..... Seems like only the VN people know what this is about.
I completely agree with you bud super confusing Eps so far.
Oct 30, 2017 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
I give up i tried but i haven't had any enjoyment watching this in hopes of it getting better which i highly doubt it at this rate

with everything else airing this season i can't be bothered anymore since i don't think the pay off is gonna be worth it in the end

should've just slapped on Just Read the VN first on the cover.
Oct 31, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2016
To be honest, I'm still curious about the story, so I keep wacthing it. So far, as non VN reader, I just get a little of the story.
Oct 31, 2017 8:24 PM
Aug 2017
Haven't read the VN, but Mercurius said something about repeat and deja-vu so I think the world is in a time-loop. Ren maybe subconsciously knew why Kasumi went berserk and how to stop her since this has happen before. Just a theory.
Oct 31, 2017 11:27 PM

May 2016
Lmao too much pointless dialogue. Would be nice if they pretended to give a shit about plot.
Nov 1, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
Another shit episodes lol.

Why you made my lady Rusalka looks so creepy and cut off some important Ren's questions? Rusalka is supposed to be cute and pervy at this moment

Why you made my bishie Merc acted like that?!! TF

Why Kasumi eyes aren't dull and almost emotionless that it will be cringy if she supposed to forget those incident if she has more consciousness level?

Why that seibutsu capturing scene is so abrupt and rather nonsensical?!!

I guess this anime only adapts the memorable scenes and left all the other scenes shitty. Let's see how it will look like in the end.

dat CR sub lol
Nov 4, 2017 6:02 AM

Jul 2009
Another bad episode, so that's it...dropped.
Nov 5, 2017 5:14 AM

Jul 2008
nekrot1co0 said:

Small correction, it's making less and less sense with each passing episode.
Nov 8, 2017 10:10 PM

Sep 2014
This adaptation is a mess, but I was still expecting more of Kasumi's reveal. This episode straight up butchered the whole thing. It was supposed to be intriguing, but it got so cringy that I just found myself laughing twice. =/
Nov 10, 2017 11:57 AM
Jul 2015
Whoahoho said:
I don't get it what's the deal with Kasumi that she just went amuck and started killing ramdomly, also how the hell did Ren got the neck scar, I mean what's the deal here?

I was wondering the same thing about the neck thing now. Maybe because Kasumi's killings powered up the guillotine and it was for Ren's sake as well so out of the 8 swastika seals he is now a factor ....not too sure man. Literally just rambling here hoping someone will explain haha
Nov 10, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2015
Melindypants said:
Whoahoho said:
I don't get it what's the deal with Kasumi that she just went amuck and started killing ramdomly, also how the hell did Ren got the neck scar, I mean what's the deal here?

I was wondering the same thing about the neck thing now. Maybe because Kasumi's killings powered up the guillotine and it was for Ren's sake as well so out of the 8 swastika seals he is now a factor ....not too sure man. Literally just rambling here hoping someone will explain haha

That's basically what happened, though Kasumi wasn't doing this cause she wanted to, but because Mercurius used her as a puppet for Ren to get stronger without putting himself into danger (Sakurai explained this to Ren).

The neck scar is like a sign that Ren now has complete dominion over the guillotine's powers.
ovy7Nov 10, 2017 1:00 PM
Nov 10, 2017 12:46 PM
Jul 2015
ovy7 said:

That's basically what happened, though Kasumi wasn't doing this cause she wanted to, but because Mercurius used her as a puppet for Ren to get stronger without putting himself into danger (Sakurai explained this to Ren).

The neck scar is like a sing that Ren now has complete dominion over the guillotine's powers.

Ahhh thank you. I thought that Ren was subconsciously controlling her because his powers were awakening. Makes sense now. They want to make the enemy, Ren, stronger so they can have an all out war. Interesting stuff
Jan 1, 2018 12:02 PM

Aug 2015
What am I seeing? Weird.
Feb 2, 2018 7:28 PM

May 2010
It's weird how everyone seems so confused; this really doesn't seem that much more convoluted than your typical anime. I watched the first three episodes somewhat drunk and even so they all made sense to me. Maybe it's just taking too long to get to the point? Like, lots of details are still being withheld, but isn't that what all stories do to create suspense? I'm really not understanding the reaction to this show so far.
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 30, 2020 5:24 PM

Jul 2016
Troll12345678966 said:
ovy7 said:

Here:
For those who didn't understand the 'Kasumi is the murderer' thing: Basically, the magic here runs on souls. The more you have, the better (the quality of souls also matter), and Ren needed souls to get more powerful. So he, unknowingly, makes Kasumi his surrogate, giving her his powers so she can murder people and get souls for him. Again, all of this was done without Ren's awareness by Mercurius so Ren can get stronger so he can fight the 'nazis'. Why? Well, it gets complicated and kinda spoilery, but if someone wants to know I'll tell them.
thank alot man, no need for spoilers

Kasumi just murders ahole bunch of innocents and Ren be like.

"oh hey, nothing to see here."
Dec 29, 2020 5:05 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, after the first two episodes being relatively okay, just ignore episode 0, this sure went to shit quickly.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is the VN as bad as the anime?

FireFistYK - Dec 9, 2017

12 by PunGood020 »»
Oct 10, 2023 1:23 PM

» Shinza Banshou

AkatsukiUlquiora - Dec 1, 2020

3 by InstantRamenKing »»
Apr 26, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

78 by NoviSun »»
Mar 20, 2021 12:58 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

76 by Vindicater »»
Oct 19, 2020 4:07 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

63 by Vindicater »»
Oct 15, 2020 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.