Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 5, 2017 6:31 PM

Mar 2009
Ehh. Didn't really like this episode too much, to be honest. Maybe it's because we spent the whole episode with Shizu, instead of Kino.
Nov 22, 2017 10:46 PM

Sep 2017
this episode felt kinda rushed to me. some parts felt like they needed some more explanation, and the emotional parts feel kinda forced. it was pretty interesting nonetheless and gave an insight into how shizu sees the world. also not enuff kino
Nov 23, 2017 1:07 PM
Dec 2015
I really liked this episode, like always, but things didn't quite add up. Why did Kino choose to a supervisor, never explained, why did the bitch straight up stab him, not super explained.

Also, Kino's action in this series are a bit of an ass move.

Dec 30, 2017 12:04 PM

May 2012
Damn that sure was quite the ending, glad he actually made it as he seemed like an interesting character from the start! The focus shift was also pretty lovely! Let's see what's next.
Jan 6, 2018 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
Nice. We get to see Shizu on his journey and met Kino on that country.

In the end, he gained a loli. A Yandere one at that.
Jan 6, 2018 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Shizu. Kino couldn't remember Shizu's name, but remembered his dog's lol.
Feb 18, 2018 11:44 AM
Jul 2016
can someone please tell me what's the name of the piano music used around 20min of the epsiode? it's when Shizu hugs T then falls. I've been looking for it for months TT_TT

please, I beg, help me find it m(_ _)m
Apr 3, 2018 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
So are travelers like old style knights? Just cruising around visiting countries? Do ost come from the same place?

So much backstory still to be revealed although I am loving the ambiguity of the countries and world at the moment.
Sep 21, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
A well enough episode. I don't mind taking a detour with Shizu. The Ship Country was interesting enough too. The people were so set in their ways that they couldn't see the consequences of their self-destructive lifestyle.

With that said, this new season really isn't captivating me like the original Kino did. I also don't like how Kino is nonchalantly breaking her 3 Day rule that became a staple of her travels.
Jan 23, 2019 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
Wait, surprised to death? - Why?
Not a bad episode, I don't mind it focusing on Shizu this episode.
I'm glad the people from the ship country went back, they only know that way of living, just like the kid said, "It feels weird not having the ground shake"
These stories could do so much more with it taking more than just 1 episode.
Feb 2, 2019 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
This was the most predictable episode of Kino's Journey so far :'V It was so obvious the other traveler visiting the ship country as soon as it was announced lol, and yeah of course the people would go down with their sinking ship and the people in charge weren't really there ehh...

Shizu getting stabbed at the end by the little girl felt random, though.

I feel like these stories are weirdly paced and not reaching their full potential of what they could be. There are certainly interesting concepts but there's something weak about the presentation and writing :/ I felt captivated by the first Kino's Journey but this series makes me feel so... neutral? I guess I don't feel anything.
May 18, 2019 10:23 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
For those who skip the ED, don’t lol.

I enjoyed having Shizu along in this episode. I think he represents some of us, those who want to help others but are unknowingly interfering with them. I can survive with Kino not taking the driver’s seat.

:( Sad to know that this story is the last in which we get to see Shizu and Kino together.
Aug 7, 2019 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
The lack of good parenting, then the lack of both formal and informal education or training to prepare children to actually live in the world. *sigh* Their ignorance is infuriating but understandable, let them sink and die on that ship, that's what they want. Same with Tifana, stab the dude who genuinely cares about you, then commit suicide because you don't know any better. Yeah, you go kid! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 10, 2020 6:28 PM

Jun 2010
Is the idea was playing Shizu as an anti-Kino who gets involved with the country he's briefly traveling through and screws things up due to his ignorance I think the results were mediocre. The reveal comes through a fat info-dump that's especially off-putting as execution because Hermes is gabbing away after something as shocking as Shizu getting stabbed. I buy that Hermes doesn't care about that but the way everything stops so he can explain everything was pretty poor. It also doesn't go all the way by allowing Shizu to survive and make it up to Ti. Kino siding with the Tower Clan was a good chance to contrast her and Shizu but it rushes past it. There was nothing clever about the reveals of the Tower Clan's nature or Ti's backstory; it's just a "you don't understand anything" twist at the end.
Dec 23, 2020 1:25 AM
Jul 2018
Good concept for an episode but the Hermes info dump was just... not the best way to go about it. Kind of uneven overall.
Apr 3, 2021 12:27 AM

Feb 2014
He could have had a kingdom, settled down for a loli, sasuga Shizu
Sep 16, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
How Shizu survived? Did Kino healed him somehow? Why the girl stabbed him? Then she want to blow up with him? And how does she have a grenade? What? The episode was fine but it went downhill when the girl went full psycho mode lol.
NurguburuSep 16, 2021 9:07 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2022 7:42 PM
Sep 2013
Man what an amazing episode, as I said it is much better than any episode of the previous series on so many levels.
The people believed that the country would remain intact because it has remained that way for years, that is, the people are ignorant and they will end up dying because of it.
I think in the end Kino declared herself to the guy, but he didn't notice because he thinks she's a boy lol

PT-BR

Cara que episódio incrível, como eu falei é muito melhor que qualquer episódio da série anterior em vários níveis.
O povo acreditou que o país se manteria intacto porque ele se manteve assim a anos, ou seja, o povo é ignorante e vão acabar morrendo por causa disso.
Acho que no final a Kino se declarou para o cara, só que ele não percebeu por achar que ela é um garoto kkkkk
Oct 8, 2022 10:26 AM
Oct 2022
Great episode, good plot twists and a nice story. Hopefully I get to see some more of these characters in future episodes.
Aug 20, 2023 11:05 PM

Dec 2020
God I love this dog.

Ship people are a lost cause. Let them die. I don't think they would survive unless someone forced them too otherwise.

I don't think the kids crazy. She's just broken lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

137 by milou1050 »»
Apr 14, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

255 by the_v1gor »»
Apr 13, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

103 by XpldFrFantasyLnd »»
Apr 6, 11:51 AM

» video game....

Videogamecoper - Dec 14, 2023

3 by ralfisagreatguy »»
Apr 3, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

133 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 11, 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.