Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 27, 2017 3:38 PM

Mar 2017
Lilac is pretty cute irl not gonna lie, wonder what hang ups she's got...
Yuuta reveal as Lily-san was predictable af

I hope we won't be getting a love triangle with the convenience store guy, Yuuta and Koiwai

I'm thinking the store guy might be either Kanabe or Pokotarou but what was that about one of the guys being married irl?
Oct 27, 2017 3:40 PM

Jul 2014
I just realized this show is almost everything I've wished for out of a gaming anime (or even just anime in general). How can one single show get so many things right that numerous others have failed to do? How did it take this long for someone to think that maybe self-insert power fantasy RPG anime with harem of girls fighting over an MC's cock aren't what some people want?

All I can say is: thank god this show exists. A lot of video game/RPG fantasy/isekai anime take themselves so damn seriously and set stupidly high stakes for the sake of drama when its JUST. A. GAME. That, or they hone in on the overly technical aspects that no one cares about. Its almost like the creators of Net-juu are gamers themselves who understand what makes the gaming experience fun, and not some random otaku guy writing a trashy LN that is really just a pandering wish-fulfillment fantasy in disguise as a "gaming" story.
Oct 27, 2017 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
I am loving this show! I think it's my fave of the season.
YUUTA PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER!!
I can't wait till they meet in person omg. Next week please come sooner.
Oct 27, 2017 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
I hope next episode goes well. The PV basically spoiled it lol.
Oct 27, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2016
Wait, the game they're playing has a mechanic that fucks with your drop rate if you say you want rare loot?

wait... what. huh.

It's gonna suck when she cuts her hair. Literal perfection. Oh well.
Oct 27, 2017 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Waaah! The secret is out! This anime really don't beat around the bush. And after seeing preview I want the next episode now! (date perhaps?)

(still don't think this is a tringle thing though, Koiwai is most likely just provoking him to take an act)

btw - new pair was seen! Kanbe/Fujimoto x Lairack/blond girl (whatshername?)
Himeralda (Lailah) and Pokotarou (Koiwai) are probably married.

Anyway, this ep was also so great in terms of how MMOs work, all those real world intrusions :D

Also, Mabinogi, are they actually playing copy of that ?
Oct 27, 2017 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
Her social interactions at the store really gave me Tomoko (watamote) vibes, that was fun. And I love how he (lily) is kind of realizing who really is behind his in game partner.
Anime | Games | Music | Animals

Oct 27, 2017 5:15 PM

Nov 2012
Looks like Yuuta finally figured it out. Also, that Mabinogi cameo was unexpected lol
Oct 27, 2017 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
This series is blue balling me.
Oct 27, 2017 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
Talcon said:
Wait, the game they're playing has a mechanic that fucks with your drop rate if you say you want rare loot?

wait... what. huh.

I'm sure that's just a superstition joke. Like telling yourself you hoping nothing bad happens and it does.

Oct 27, 2017 6:18 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man this episode was great. I wasn't sure about this anime after episode one, but I'm hooked now. I will say the characters were overly happy about mtx in a MMO. Although, it looked to be all cosmetic (like skins in overwatch) so I guess I can understand that.
Oct 27, 2017 6:40 PM

Dec 2013
Man if she actually cuts her hair I'm going to be so mad

[size=90]Signature by Nate-chan[/size]
Oct 27, 2017 7:17 PM
Oct 27, 2017 7:36 PM

Jul 2015
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME. Not only can I not escape freaking dabbing in anime, but now I have to deal with LOOT BOXES. The whole game is now ruined, at least the anime is still good. (Nah, it ain't that bad, at least not in all cases)

Okay, but seriously, don't wait in front of the dang counter for five minutes that's so awkward, at least go browsing or pretend to browse or something...none of that is important THAT ENDING WAS GREAT. Things are starting to click. I look forward to more.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 27, 2017 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
If this ends up as a love triangle between the store clerk, the halfie and the Christmas cake, I'm dropping it. It should at least be expected that a store clerk would know to dispose of expired goods.
Oct 27, 2017 8:11 PM

Nov 2016
Good episode,finally I'm starting to get invested into this show and the plot also moved a bit more forward.

Sakurai seems to have an idea about Hayashis real identity.

And Morioka is rather ropular with the guys,good for her xD

Now I'm really interested to see where this will go.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 27, 2017 8:22 PM
Apr 2015
This leaves me wanting for more!!

It was nice seeing Moriko go out and interact, though the interactions are all in the convenience store, hahaha.
Oct 27, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
Each time I hear "fruits de mer" (seafood) it makes me giggles, what a weird name for a game.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Oct 27, 2017 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
I thought the guy already knew he was playing with a girl.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Oct 27, 2017 10:59 PM

Jun 2016
We finally got to see who's the person behind Lilac and she's beautiful and seems so kind. It's like she's falling in love with men who's nice with her. That's just my feeling because for a moment there we saw her like being so jealous with Lily being partners with Hayashi. But when Kanbe-san's suddenly complimented her, it's like she switched to Kanbe. Hehe. Idk anymore, but I like her. She's so cute.

Moriko and that convenience store guy Kazuomi finally talked to each other and ugh they look so cute together. So happy for Moriko since she finally talked to someone about the MMO game she loves. Haha. I feel her.

I'm honestly wheezing and freaking out right now. Sakurai really is in love with Moriko. It's so obvious and I'm honestly squealing. Kyaaaa!

Koiwai went to that convenience store to try if he'll see Moriko and HE DID. Kazuomi (the convenience store guy) was eavesdropping and he looks jealous. Hehe. Moriko did recognize and remember Koiwai-san Aww. Then Koiwai made Sakurai jealous by getting her number and e-mail. Hahaha. Dyiiing.

OHMYGOD. AND JUST LIKE THAT, SAKURAI ALREADY FIGURED OUT WHO'S THE PLAYER BEHIND HAYASHI. OHMYGOOOOD. I'M SCREAMING. This episode is sooo good.

5/5 for this episode and from 8/10 for this anime to 9/10. Gaaaaaaaah! Can't wait for the next episode. <3

OHMYGOD. But she still looks so good, I mean it fits her. :D Now she looks cleaner.
TheDoggoneGirlOct 27, 2017 11:04 PM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 27, 2017 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
TheDoggoneGirl said:

OHMYGOD. But she still looks so good, I mean it fits her. :D Now she looks cleaner.

Yeah I guess she does look good, Morimori Chan always look good, but there was a really good appeal with her long and messy look.

Oct 27, 2017 11:36 PM

May 2015
More fun! And we got to see who Lilac is IRL. And the guild master likes her old outfit...So who would the guild master be?

Wow, they actually showed what happens when one character is standing in the same spot as another character.

Lol Desire Sensor. We Monster Hunters know what that is.

Hmm...I wonder if Koiwai also plays the MMO...

Wait...Koiwai...and Sakurai...going for Moriko? You know what that means?

TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:31 AM
Oct 27, 2017 11:36 PM
Oct 2010
Annick said:
I thought the guy already knew he was playing with a girl.

No, in fact both of them assumed they were the gender of their characters.
Oct 27, 2017 11:43 PM

Oct 2015

NOoo muh christmas cake :( gotta say she looked really good with short hair too.
rizuxizuOct 27, 2017 11:48 PM
Oct 28, 2017 12:03 AM

Jun 2016
RedCloudNinja said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

Yeah I guess she does look good, Morimori Chan always look good, but there was a really good appeal with her long and messy look.

I agree with you. It's like her trademark in the show and now it makes her look like a typical character.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 28, 2017 12:20 AM

Aug 2010
Many things covered on their off-line lives, this is starting to get interesting, especially the ending, cant wait for next episode~

idk why but i can see myself possibly rooting for morimori x that koiwai guy lol though it probably wont happen since she's too nervous around him :P
Oct 28, 2017 12:24 AM

Dec 2013
blue-y said:
Many things covered on their off-line lives, this is starting to get interesting, especially the ending, cant wait for next episode~

idk why but i can see myself possibly rooting for morimori x that koiwai guy lol though it probably wont happen since she's too nervous around him :P

Anything other than Morimori X Sakurai and I'm dropping this show.

Oct 28, 2017 12:28 AM

Dec 2013
TheDoggoneGirl said:
RedCloudNinja said:

I agree with you. It's like her trademark in the show and now it makes her look like a typical character.

Well I guess her getting the more typical look is some sort of symbolism to her "recovery" from her NEET status.
Her messy, unruly and long hair representing the messy NEET lifestyle she's put herself in.
And the short hair is likely gonna be her look once she's been "recovered" (of course by Sakurai, any one else and as I said before I'm dropping this).

Oct 28, 2017 12:44 AM
Jul 2015

I like that image of those 2.

Mori-Mori looks so pretty, cool and mature like her age, while Sakura-chan looks like a young, innocent and good-looking pretty boy. Perhaps Sakura-chan is in his mid 20s.

LOL I am now following Koiwai's habit of calling Yuuta, "Sakura-chan", from his name Sakurai, but it's a fitting nickname, as he's both an Ikemen in real life and a cute Moe Bishoujo in his online Avatar as Lily. Hope they get together in the end.
CoolitzHubertXVIOct 28, 2017 12:56 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 28, 2017 1:21 AM

Dec 2011
Really good episode this week.Seems like Morioka is going to have a love triangle or even square..
Also the ending was nice with Yuta discovering her in the game.
kaitonicOct 28, 2017 1:47 AM
Oct 28, 2017 3:06 AM
Jul 2015
Koiwai calls Sakurai with the nickname "Sakura-chan", and Sakura is a flower with the color pink, and he uses a pink keyboard, and his game character Lily has Pink Hair. Pink is his fav color.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 28, 2017 3:51 AM
Dec 2016
Looks like Lily/Yuuta finally figured out Hayashi's identity!
As for Yuuta's friend, I think he's going to set up Morioka and Yuuta for the date.
The guild is finally starting to come together IRL!
Oct 28, 2017 4:10 AM
Oct 2017
UglyBarnacle said:
Its almost like the creators of Net-juu are gamers themselves who understand what makes the gaming experience fun, and not some random otaku guy writing a trashy LN that is really just a pandering wish-fulfillment fantasy in disguise as a "gaming" story.

Most likely, I've hunted down the source material and it's just a short webcomic about 8 pages-long, the staff who decided to make an anime out of it crafted almost all of it from scratch, they had to have an interest in gaming to even bother, imo

I'm a bit bummed that this Seafood Online (yes) is using gambling :( I can remember a time when we payed a few coins for the costume thing we wanted and that was it. Nasty nasty marketting plan >:( But heh, it's realistic I guess.....
This show is doing very good, it's simple and accurate and yes it's stunning that it took so long for this to happen to gaming anime. I'm glad for almost everything it's doing

Also I guess the green elven person is confirmed as a woman as they're engaged with fisherman and live together, by Japanese law that means straight couple, and i don't expect this show to pull off actual transgender material (who knows)
Oct 28, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2015
Lily is a cute, what a great cast of characters.

The story is moving at a very nice pace, I hope the other 6 episodes left keep the level because this anime is fantastic so far.
Oct 28, 2017 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
It's been a while I've watched such a simple, but cute romance like this. I love it so far <3
Oct 28, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2015
Ahh this anime is so fun. I just watched the episode and I can't wait for more. Now we wait to episode 10 where Morioka will discover that Lily is Yuuta.
Oct 28, 2017 8:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That ED song is just so amazing to hear, my favorite for this season.

Lily-chan looks so cute in anything she wears although I much prefer her default pinkish attire, it really suits her more imo.

Seems like Lilac may be onto something regarding Hayashi/Mori.
I feel like Kanbe is the cash register guy, idk he mentioned playing the game too and they both have green type hair. I'm hoping to see a bit more Mori and Yuuta next episode, really want them to go out already. That PV where they call Mori a 30 year old NEET, I really hope they don't make fun of Hayashi/Mori for being a NEET.

Oct 28, 2017 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
Morioka is like myself when I finally find someone in RL who's into anime lol
Oct 28, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
Amburu-Hime said:
UglyBarnacle said:
Its almost like the creators of Net-juu are gamers themselves who understand what makes the gaming experience fun, and not some random otaku guy writing a trashy LN that is really just a pandering wish-fulfillment fantasy in disguise as a "gaming" story.

Most likely, I've hunted down the source material and it's just a short webcomic about 8 pages-long, the staff who decided to make an anime out of it crafted almost all of it from scratch, they had to have an interest in gaming to even bother, imo

I'm a bit bummed that this Seafood Online (yes) is using gambling :( I can remember a time when we payed a few coins for the costume thing we wanted and that was it. Nasty nasty marketting plan >:( But heh, it's realistic I guess.....
This show is doing very good, it's simple and accurate and yes it's stunning that it took so long for this to happen to gaming anime. I'm glad for almost everything it's doing

Also I guess the green elven person is confirmed as a woman as they're engaged with fisherman and live together, by Japanese law that means straight couple, and i don't expect this show to pull off actual transgender material (who knows)

I couldn't help but laugh like a maniac at the gambling segment because it so accurately describes my experience with the games I have played/currently play. I've always had an addiction to Asian MMORPGs which 99% of the time have a gacha element that encourages irresponsible gambling.

It also applies to phone games as well, like FEH and FGO which are arguably the absolute worse when it comes to addictive gacha. The gag about Lily being the type to keep throwing money until she gets what she wants was hilarious but painfully reminded me of my own FEH habits. This anime just speaks to me on so many levels and I frigging adore it.
Oct 28, 2017 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Things are coming TOGETHER!!!! I’m so ready for everything ...
I’m sorta sad that this will only have 10 episodes as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2017 2:39 PM
Jul 2017
The moment I saw the Mabinogi ad cameo, this 100% became a show that I could strongly relate to. I've played as a character of the opposite gender and spent plenty on gachapon for cosmetic equipment (because fashion). I also discovered that an IRL friend was in the same guild as mine in a similar way when Yuta was making connections with the scenario that Moriko described.
Oct 28, 2017 5:11 PM

Dec 2009

LOL that login.

UGH this hit me with all of the fucking reality . . . Literally my life...

Nice to see stuff is rolling along at a steady pace =^.^=
GenesisAriaOct 28, 2017 5:25 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 28, 2017 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
I'm so glad I checked this one out of boredom!! I always wanted an anime like this, a love story from gaming 'n all <3
Oct 28, 2017 8:07 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Arrrggghghhh too cute! Sakurai suspects Hayashi's true identity!!! Now I can't wait for next week. ;-;

And her new hair looks lovely; can't wait to see her restart her life in a positive way. =) (Hopefully with Sakurai)
Oct 28, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2017
I love this series and can't wait for the next one to come out. Old WOW player of old I like series like these especially because they aren't kids playing. Wish I could find the manga to fill in some of the blanks. All I can find is scanlations up to chapter 5 (when Hiyashi joins the guild which did fill in some gaps like he's level 20 when everyone else is over 100 more the most part). Been a while since I was so excited for a series!!!!
Oct 28, 2017 11:20 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
MsShawnPhx said:
I love this series and can't wait for the next one to come out. Old WOW player of old I like series like these especially because they aren't kids playing. Wish I could find the manga to fill in some of the blanks. All I can find is scanlations up to chapter 5 (when Hiyashi joins the guild which did fill in some gaps like he's level 20 when everyone else is over 100 more the most part). Been a while since I was so excited for a series!!!!

If you want to look ahead, here are the raws: http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=27
But yea, sadly no one has been translating them. Seems like in the raws, they focus more on the gaming aspect in the beginning than showing real life stuff.
Btw, once you reach past chapter 15, you are allowed one free chapter a day.
Oct 29, 2017 5:43 AM

Feb 2013
So glad I tried this out when it was still at two episodes this season. I was curious if it was gonna be okay because as a MMO player, that made me want to try it out lol; it turned out better than I expected though, and loving this setup. It's not the usual "OP MC stuck in a MMO and all the girls wants his dick" :v

A lot of us just wants the slice-of-life feel to it and gaming and perhaps cute little relationships that go with it (coz it happens in gaming too: like I met my bf in an MMO and we've been together for 3 years) because so many people can relate to it! The fact this touches on the real life aspect of MMO-gaming is what's so appealing about this little series.

We have six more episodes and I hope this show would open the door for more like it!

Oct 29, 2017 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
I really hope it won't go the love triangle route.
Oct 29, 2017 10:40 AM
Jul 2017
This anime looks like it'll be the BDOS (big disappointment of the season) as well as the GPOS (guilty pleasure of the season).

It's a disappointment because I was hoping for something more than just a simple romance. Morioka is dealing with many issues: the dull stresses of middle age, emotional isolation, workplace issues, trust in technologically-mediated socializing, and financial fragility, to begin with. It looks like this series is going to explore none of these, and settle for having a handsome man solve everything.

It's a guilty pleasure because I can appreciate a good romance, and the MMORPG elements are relatable. Plus, Morioka is kinda cool.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Oct 29, 2017 10:45 AM
Jul 2017
RedCloudNinja said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

Well I guess her getting the more typical look is some sort of symbolism to her "recovery" from her NEET status.
Her messy, unruly and long hair representing the messy NEET lifestyle she's put herself in.
And the short hair is likely gonna be her look once she's been "recovered" (of course by Sakurai, any one else and as I said before I'm dropping this).

Sigh, I dropped "Gamers!" over a similar issue. I probably won't drop this one, but still... I hope she at least keeps a compromise appearance.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.