Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Guild Girl and her coworker doing promotion interviews, the thieving rhea backs off after imagining GS smashing him.
Onto the capita with the gang for a gob quest by the swordmaiden.
Oct 27, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
We definitely haven't seen the last of that scout guy.

Lolol Orcbolg's jokes help with hangovers haha xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 27, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2012
In the page were he is at the table with his team. You can see the dwarf sawing something. From the quest were they defended the farm he got a lot of gold, but because gold coins are heavy he bought some gems. Now he is sawing them in the lining of his clothes. This was common practice for travelers because you can't get pick pocketed this way.
Oct 27, 2017 9:50 PM
Jan 2013
Damn....
this gonna be an epic arc.... i mean gold (sexy) adventurers, orc *cough'rapes'cough*, oblivious pack of orc fodders... now this is a decent buildup chapter...
Oct 28, 2017 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
Adviel said:
The dwarf bought some gems... Now he is sawing them in the lining of his clothes.

Let's be honest here, those could very well have been his pants he was sewing. Nothing on the scene suggests he was hiding stuff, and considering this world is based on RPGs they probably have a bank system for adventurers. They can't all be hiding bags of gold on their clothes or burying them.
Oct 28, 2017 11:40 PM

Apr 2012
AnotherGuy said:
Adviel said:
The dwarf bought some gems... Now he is sawing them in the lining of his clothes.

Let's be honest here, those could very well have been his pants he was sewing. Nothing on the scene suggests he was hiding stuff, and considering this world is based on RPGs they probably have a bank system for adventurers. They can't all be hiding bags of gold on their clothes or burying them.

It's just a tit bit from the book it doesn't mean anything I just found it nice that they put it in the manga.
Oct 29, 2017 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
Adviel said:
It's just a tit bit from the book

There's a GS book?! (now I know there is, just googled it). Is it any good/better than the manga? Might check it out.
Nov 4, 2017 5:54 AM

Sep 2014
I feel bad for guild girl...xd Loved when she admitted she likes him ^^
Nice instant cure for hangover lol.
Finally meeting the Sword Maiden, this should be interesting /o/
Nov 16, 2017 10:29 PM

Nov 2013
The part with the promotion interview was a nice change of pace. And the scout guy sure was a prick and he will most likely be trouble for the group later.

I'm curious how serious and urgent the problem is, when they are summoned by such a bigwig.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 18, 2017 4:46 AM
Feb 2013
leNerd said:
So the scout guy drew a dagger and tried to kill cow girl, and they just let him go after that?
I hate shit like this, its so illogical, at least jail the guy if you dont kill him
He will return later to ruin everything because this shit way of storytelling is predictable and stupid

I think that was his imagination doing a 'what if...'
Dec 4, 2017 4:01 AM
Jun 2015
leNerd said:
So the scout guy drew a dagger and tried to kill cow girl, and they just let him go after that?
I hate shit like this, its so illogical, at least jail the guy if you dont kill him
He will return later to ruin everything because this shit way of storytelling is predictable and stupid

Are you retarded?
Dec 16, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2015
Funny. It's cool to know that the guild girl likes him and it's good to see the chibi scenes.
Feb 28, 2018 3:41 AM

Apr 2016
From my observation,I think when scout guy picturing him attacking guild girl and get punched by Goblins Slayer,it's a scout skill/ability to predict an outcome just a moment later.Scout role is to look out for clues and hints so it make sense if it's a skill and not just a mere imagination.Probably just an imagination but it would be a cool scout ability and he is aiming for sapphire anyway even if he is just a fraud,he is smart on the outside.He needs to work more on forging his document lol.Other participants look fine and hard working people.They will pass most likely.Its funny how priestess saw happy and chatty women and then said there won't be any goblins coming in this town,lmaooo.Poor girl, experience a tragedy infront of her must ruin her mind.
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Apr 9, 2018 3:55 PM

Apr 2011
leNerd said:
Spirit_Bamb said:

Are you retarded?

Do you suck dicks on a regular basis?

He didn't attack her.
Nov 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
The entire event with the scout really rubbed me the wrong way. The Guild did just about the worst thing you can possible do in that situation. Any suspicion of wrong doing should be a separate event that should never have entered into a promotion interview because he never should have been given the opportunity to go to the interview. The punishment system also appears arbitrary and excessively punitive. A truth telling miracle is an extremely dangerous power. The entire situation resulted in a dangerous brew that has made the scout an enemy, when all that could have been avoided with a better system or a more responsive system.
Dec 11, 2018 6:59 PM

Dec 2014
Phaetons_Folly said:
The entire event with the scout really rubbed me the wrong way. The Guild did just about the worst thing you can possible do in that situation. Any suspicion of wrong doing should be a separate event that should never have entered into a promotion interview because he never should have been given the opportunity to go to the interview. The punishment system also appears arbitrary and excessively punitive. A truth telling miracle is an extremely dangerous power. The entire situation resulted in a dangerous brew that has made the scout an enemy, when all that could have been avoided with a better system or a more responsive system.

but the guild girl-chan specifically said it before the interview, that even if the adventurer was strong. that reason alone is not enough for a rank up.

scout is an asshole, lying on the report and tricking his team mates so he can have more money.
you want a guy like that on your team or organization?
Dec 26, 2018 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
testamentKAISER said:
Phaetons_Folly said:

but the guild girl-chan specifically said it before the interview, that even if the adventurer was strong. that reason alone is not enough for a rank up.

scout is an asshole, lying on the report and tricking his team mates so he can have more money.

You missed the the point of my post. The stupidity of the interview is that the scout left as a vindictive person who poses a potential threat to various people in the guild in the future. He wants revenge, and he is a crafty person to do what he's already done. An investigation by a third party, or a trial more along the lines of a court martial would significantly fairer to him and would have achieved the same result. It also would have exposed his deeds to everyone.

This manga doesn't hinge on the quality of how the guild pursues justice, but it is still worth pointing out that the system they use ix extremely bad. It's only good in this situation because the audience knows the scout was guilty, others would not.
Dec 26, 2018 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
Phaetons_Folly said:
testamentKAISER said:

You missed the the point of my post. The stupidity of the interview is that the scout left as a vindictive person who poses a potential threat to various people in the guild in the future. He wants revenge, and he is a crafty person to do what he's already done. An investigation by a third party, or a trial more along the lines of a court martial would significantly fairer to him and would have achieved the same result. It also would have exposed his deeds to everyone.

This manga doesn't hinge on the quality of how the guild pursues justice, but it is still worth pointing out that the system they use ix extremely bad. It's only good in this situation because the audience knows the scout was guilty, others would not.

He didn't do anything illegal so there was no need for a court and exposing his misdeeds would only make him unable to form any party in the future.That would make him even more vindictive. That is why the guild decided to take care of this quietly so that he can reform without any unnecessary baggage.
And for his punishment he was steel (rank 8) and got demoted to porcelain (rank 10) and unable to work in this city. That is a two level demotion and a transfer that was exceedingly generous. Whit his skills and a better work ethic he can regain his steel status within half a year.
Nov 28, 2022 8:47 PM
Mar 2021
So finally introduced to the baddy, interesting. Also the Goblin Slayer joke was nice

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 20 Discussion

KimRiPark - Jan 31, 2018

10 by Gundam-nymphali1 »»
Mar 21, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 87 Discussion

hitemlow - Jan 27

0 by hitemlow »»
Jan 27, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 82 Discussion

DanEndra_Tensei - Sep 28, 2023

1 by Ralonzo »»
Jan 12, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 83 Discussion

StallionXD - Oct 19, 2023

0 by StallionXD »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 26, 2016

17 by Demonitiza »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.