Forum Settings
Forums

Would you commit crimes if there were no punishment?

New
Would you commit crimes if there were no punishment?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 30, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2016
Maybe. I wouldn't steal (with the exception of pirating), but I might commit murder. Say, if one of those peeps who said "yes, fuck morality" came and ransacked my house for goodies, I'd pop their ass and feed the body to my chickens.

If I wasn't too much of a pussy, I might become a hypocritical vigilante, popping, beating, and stabbing people who do things that personally piss me off.

I'd purchase alcohol as well, if for no other reason than to just soak a fruitcake. It's not healthy for minors to drink.

You are now breathing manually.
Oct 30, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
Maou_heika said:
I'd most probably stab my entire family to death.

O.o

That's an interesting family dynamic.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 30, 2017 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
I'd do it even with a punishment.
Come at me, police.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 30, 2017 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
Only victimless ones, like taking drugs and shit like that.
Take care of yourself

Oct 30, 2017 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
Crime itself cannot be called ''crime'' if their are no punishments.. But still this is a topic so... I might do a crime but not like harming people or something. Violence is not my thing but I guess stealing like oh boy ima steal all games out there in the mall if the law is just a poop lol
Oct 30, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
If people were not punished for their crimes, the world would then become d e s a s t r o u s !
Oct 30, 2017 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
Yes. I'd punish people who did some crime(s) and got away with it, Dexter style. Though I wouldn't technically call that a crime, just taking justice into my own hands.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Oct 30, 2017 5:57 PM

Oct 2017
I have a question. Do you think we could have a functioning society without any laws? Or will everything just go to hell?
Would people start to take of the role of vigilantes? Like, they see someone kill someone and though it’s perfectly legal, they decide to murder them for murdering someone else?

^okay so person above me says they’d be Vig
This is my forum set and I’m very proud of it.
Oct 30, 2017 7:00 PM

Aug 2014
i would perform a coup d'etat and make myself the leader of a fascist utopia

women will be forced to stay at home and cook while men work

penis lol
Oct 30, 2017 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
Lol, look at all the people here saying they wouldn't commit a crime! Damn that hypocrosiy at it's best, or maybe it's dellusion at it's best.

People are committing crime even with the law. Every time you pirate something, every time you stream anime, every time you are reading a manga online, you are technically committing a crime. People are mostly doing this because they know that (most of the time) nothing is going to happen and they can just get away with it.

Now imagine if it was all laws. That nice jacket you wanted but couldn't get because it was too expensive? Simply steal it. See someone driving a nice car? Simply knock him out or kill him and take his keys. See a nice house, kill the guy who lives there and take it. All consumer goods would become worthless, but I think services will still reign supreme because you can't steal a service, only provide it for a lesser cost than your competitor. Because of this, people might stop making tv shows, movies and entertainment because now there is not even the pretext of the law to recoup losses, they are just wasting money by making something that everyone is going to pirate anyways. I say might because sometimes the thing that is produced will be so good and high quality that it would become truly valuable and compel (most) people to genuinely buy the real thing instead of pirating it. Or the person that is producing it has such a high passion that he just wants to produce it for the sake of producing it and genuinely providing entertainment to people. Not money.

Eventually the only rule that has mattered will become more pronounced. The rule of the strong. And eventually the same strong people will bring order back in because people will follow them if the number of stupid shit goes down a lot since they will get tired of it. And eventually it will go back to how it was before.

But that's not the question here. To that question, yes I would and so would everyone else because they can take advantage of the situation.
ThRippJckOct 30, 2017 9:07 PM
Oct 30, 2017 11:23 PM

Feb 2015
When you come from a family that is not really well off and then you get scammed out of everything you have. That's the situation that people like me who couldn't give less of a shit about crimes like tax evasion and claiming unemployment while you are working, are born.

If I could guarantee that there were no repercussions, I would steal back every bit of the tax money that my retarded government has been stealing from good people to give away to fucking terrorists. So yes, I would commit any crimes that take away power from the government, from leaking national secrets to assassinating the prime minister.

edit: just realized that this comment probably just got me on a government watch list but fuck it man, my history on tsumino already probably did that years ago.
Oct 30, 2017 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
hmm no punishment you say? looks like its time for me to try my hand at growing a herb garden. that would be about the only thing i would do differently.
also going to start carrying around my katana and a revolver for protection. sans license for the gun of course cuz thered be no point in getting it or getting cash.
NekO_RelliKOct 30, 2017 11:40 PM
Oct 30, 2017 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
i'm gonna be blunt with this one and admit, yes i would steal a lot, from big corporations like target/walmart/nofrills as long as nobody else does it often and its not hurting the economy.
Oct 31, 2017 11:28 PM

Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Can you even call it a crime if there is no punishment for it?

woah this is mindblowng GOTTEM
-sorry i'll just say this to make the character count k thx bye

Give me that big phat lolipop
Oct 31, 2017 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
YaoiMaster said:
I'd do it even with a punishment.
Come at me, police.

Please have a seat, Miss YaoiMaster.

Nov 1, 2017 1:19 AM

Feb 2014
Fuck yes.

I'm not a person without morals so I won't be trying to hurt anyone, so I'll probably just end up taking stuff without paying.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 1, 2017 7:59 AM

Nov 2014
No time for that. I would definitely run away to a place with no people because I'm sure there would be people just committing crimes like crazy and I might become one of their victims and worse, they would not get punished if they kill me first.
Nov 1, 2017 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Nah crimes are to much work in my opinion.
Nov 1, 2017 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
I'd probably go with theft but my guilty conscience would probably have me return whatever I took.
Nov 1, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2016
If no punishment yeah. Probably theft and silly stuff like bringing more than 100mls of liquid on a flight. Actually is that even a crime? Or is it just a rule?
Nov 1, 2017 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
I'm more scared about what other people would try to do to me and my family, but at least i won't be arrested for committing self-defense.
Nov 1, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
No shit.

Everyone breaks the law. I try to live an ethical life (hint: I don't).

If I was assured of no punishment I would probably just have less anxiety when I drive by the cops while stoned. And be indiscriminate in what I torrent. Stop using a VPN I guess.

Actually, fuck it, if I was SURE I'd never get punished? Deal drugs, retire by 50 with millions in the bank. Be some kind of weird "good" dealer, only deal in pure product (or safe cuts I guess) and create a safe space for users to use in, provide clean needles, syringe filters, harm reduction advice and support.

Would be a ride. Now, would this result in me developing a heroin problem and overdosing in my parents' bathroom? Maybe.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Nov 1, 2017 5:21 PM

Jan 2017
Mayuka said:
i'm gonna be blunt with this one and admit, yes i would steal a lot, from big corporations like target/walmart/nofrills as long as nobody else does it often and its not hurting the economy.

EXACTLY my first thought when i saw the thread name. I would pretty much do the same. This enormous corporations even throw away so so many things that could even help someone in need...and let's not even talk about food, cause the amount of waste when so many are starving just gives me the chills.

Also, if someone decided to kill a rapist or a murderer i wouldn't mind either. Also, killing fascists. I don't think i personally could kill or hurt somebody, but i don't know what i'd do if someone hurts let's say someone i really hold dear, or even myself. I think i'd def would like to see that potential person suffer a great deal.

EDIT: i didn't answer the poll cause i think it's flawed. If someone commits a "crime" according to the standards of our current society, but this crime is somehow justified (let's say someone without any means needing food or a medicine and stealing it, or a parent killing their child's rapist or murderer) i don't think this makes this person be "not" a good person, nor do i believe that people who doesn't commit any crime are necessarily good and moral people. It isn't black and white as it is presented here.
KannoSugakoNov 1, 2017 5:26 PM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 1, 2017 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
Militia-driven law would immediately replace the lost government.
Nov 1, 2017 5:55 PM

Jun 2016
Depends on the crime, I wouldn't mind getting some free stuff lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
6 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

306 by bevarnow »»
47 minutes ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - 5 hours ago

4 by AlphaMaleScotty »»
48 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

18 by Smugdear »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

664 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.