Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, nice to see Sarada getting some time to show off her skills this episode. Not bad.

Glad to see Choujuro able to teach some of the new Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist a lesson. Also, never underestimate a user with a Sharingan. I think Sarada has improved since she last fought someone.
Oct 25, 2017 2:20 AM

Feb 2016
I really loved Sarada in this episode. Love to see more of her improvements in the future.
Oct 25, 2017 3:17 AM
Mar 2014
When are they going to graduate

Also, wish this ep was a double
Oct 25, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2013
Decent battle with Sarada in this episode. These ninja swordsman are in way over their heads considering how much they are struggling against some kids.

Loved Sarada blowing everything up!
Oct 25, 2017 4:18 AM
Sep 2016
So in the end the new seven swordsmen of the mist are really just a bunch of kids lashing out at the world because they have crappy lives.
Oct 25, 2017 5:06 AM
Jan 2012
DragonFireKing said:
So in the end the new seven swordsmen of the mist are really just a bunch of kids lashing out at the world because they have crappy lives.

We kind of already knew that. They weren’t just using that as an excuse to descalate the situation. Not that it changes that they are trying to murder the son of essentially a foreign leader as well as there own leader. I guess kids will be kids goes a longer way in the land of ninja. Everyone having super powers and whatnot. Like in Pokémon, no one bats an eye and 10 year olds taking down criminal organizations, stopping a few apocalypses, or enslaving gods. At the end of the day it’s a fantasy world, where anything goes, ment to entice children. And, yes, we are over analyzing it.
Every characters battle cry is to the tune of Patrick Star’s, “Because you (the author) told me to!”
Oct 25, 2017 5:16 AM

Feb 2017
I now declare Sarada the new Copy Ninja of the hidden leaf...

Oct 25, 2017 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
Man this new generation sure is something else, they haven't even become Genin yet and Sarada is already taking down a member of the Seven Ninja Swordsman by herself. Granted, this new generation of Swordsman don't seem nearly as strong as the ones we saw in Naruto, but that's still pretty impressive. Anyway though, it was great to see Sarada putting her Sharingan to good use like that and she did a good job holding her own and outsmarting her opponent in the end.

Chojuro must be strong as hell if he can block an attack from Zabuza's sword, using a broken katana, with one hand.......and then subsequently hold that sword with only his other hand. Also, it was cool to see Iwabe join the fight. Mitsuki should probably pick up the pace a bit, Boruto seems to be having trouble so he could definitely use whatever is in that scroll.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2017 6:05 AM
Apr 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Man this new generation sure is something else, they haven't even become Genin yet and Sarada is already taking down a member of the Seven Ninja Swordsman by herself. Granted, this new generation of Swordsman don't seem nearly as strong as the ones we saw in Naruto, but that's still pretty impressive. Anyway though, it was great to see Sarada putting her Sharingan to good use like that and she did a good job holding her own and outsmarting her opponent in the end.

Chojuro must be strong as hell if he can block an attack from Zabuza's sword, using a broken katana, with one hand.......and then subsequently hold that sword with only his other hand. Also, it was cool to see Iwabe join the fight. Mitsuki should probably pick up the pace a bit, Boruto seems to be having trouble so he could definitely use whatever is in that scroll.

Ugh oh, they are not Seven Swordsmen, no no. They are some retarded children with sadistic tendencies thinking wielding the sword alone provides them the skill to wield it. The only committed ones seem to be that retard kid who seemingly exploded himself, and Shizuma whos real intentions are still unclear.
Re:formed
Oct 25, 2017 6:12 AM

Jun 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Ugh oh, they are not Seven Swordsmen, no no. They are some retarded children with sadistic tendencies thinking wielding the sword alone provides them the skill to wield it. The only committed ones seem to be that retard kid who seemingly exploded himself, and Shizuma whos real intentions are still unclear.

True, I'll rephrase that and say that she already took down someone wielding one of the Seven Swordsman's swords. That's a pretty impressive feat for someone who still hasn't graduated from the Academy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2017 6:18 AM

Dec 2016
this episode was so bad... just sarada was pretty cool
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Oct 25, 2017 6:38 AM
Apr 2017
I like the Sarada's fight. Seems strange, that she couldn't stand on the water few episodes ago and now able to do this crazy stuff. Maybe some time passed, who knows. Still good episode. This new swordsman are just retarded kids and nothing else, but I like Raiga's daughter though))
Oct 25, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2014
Sarada's fight was nice.

I'm glad they didn't nerf Chojuro too much.

The grunts trying to pose as the Seven Swordsman of the mist is still a bit over the top if you ask me, as Chojuro says, the sword is only as strong as the wielder.
Oct 25, 2017 7:18 AM

Feb 2013
Sarada copied many jutsu.
Oct 25, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
Sarada's fight was very cool. She did a great job outsmarting her opponent. Chojuro did pretty good himself. He taught the "new" Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist a lesson.
Oct 25, 2017 8:38 AM

Jan 2017
Eehh standard, that sword flipping scene was kinda cringe
Oct 25, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2012
Wasn't as good as I had hoped, especially the Salad fight. Disappointing.

The way the kage fights is also extremely bland, they should have put more thought into it.
Oct 25, 2017 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
This really a battle for swords, now Sarada's won lets seee how Boruto can fight
Also i didnt expect Sarada teach the whole "electrolysis" shit to me haha
Im so happy for that XD
5/5
adzshamzOct 25, 2017 9:24 AM
Oct 25, 2017 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
EratiK said:
Wasn't as good as I had hoped, especially the Salad fight. Disappointing.

The way the kage fights is also extremely bland, they should have put more thought into it.

What, he should have pulled Kraken from his pants to *non-lethally* deal with 3 retarded manchildren (yes that girl too)? REEEEEEEE.
Re:formed
Oct 25, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
What, he should have pulled Kraken from his pants to *non-lethally* deal with 3 retarded manchildren (yes that girl too)? REEEEEEEE.
Let's not jump to the other extreme but something in-between would have been nice. There was zero effort at choregraphy, skill show, trash-talking. It barely qualifies as a fight.
Oct 25, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2014
Yeah but the Mizukage didn't even need to resort to a single jutsu to beat three of these sword wielding brats.

Iwabe joining was really cool, though that fight also ended pretty early and disappointingly.

The sarada fight was really cool though! Much though and nostalgia seeing the OG sharingan with it's abilities, and getting some backstory, AND that behading scene tho.. I like how they're not too afraid to show stuff like this.

Oct 25, 2017 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
This is more about the sharingan being hax than sarada being good.
Chojuro schooling the kids.
Oct 25, 2017 11:01 AM
Sep 2017
Sarada is Itachi Uchiha's reincarnation...or may be even more than that. She is AMAZING! I was just amazed!
The only problem with the episode was animation. The animation is laggy, actions are slow and looks like the animators are probably very lazy.
Another problem is this Kagura. His character writing is terrible! His reason is extremely weak. The animations and actions, along with the fact that these new 'Seven Swordsmen' turned out to be 'Seven pu$$ies' made the episode bad, but Sarada's actions, attitude and genjutsu forced me to give this a 5/5!
Oct 25, 2017 11:04 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was great! The Mizukage fought well, and he grew up to be fine af, he can get this work.

It’s nice to see Sarada Uchiha coming into her own, she’s SO smart.

I’m looking forward to the next episode; it’s been a minute since I’ve felt this way about Boruto.

✨Join my Facebook group “Grown and Otaku” and check my MAL page for reviews and what I’m currently watching. ✨
Oct 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
So Sarada now knows thunder-style jutsus. I'm thinking that she will start teaching them to Boruto as soon as possible like if they were a couple and want the best for him.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Oct 25, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
I still find it dumb to make her happen to be the daughter of Raiga.
Oct 25, 2017 12:02 PM
Oct 2007
The moral of the story is not to blame or use your childhood bad experience on your adulthood? :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2016
Sarada was amazing, really good fight. Other than that, not so much. The inconsistency between the sword holder was too broad. There is this woman with the sewing needle who made was kinda good, but there is this other dude who just has a sword that he swings.

Oct 25, 2017 1:22 PM

Jun 2017
For now I have it in drop, but I saw these two chapters and I hope they start fast with the manga before they lose more rating.
Oct 25, 2017 1:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Great fucking episode

Chojuro proved all of the bitches that were whining wrong by showing that he was letting these chumps hurt him in an attempt to also teach them a lesson and show them how stupid they are instead of just stomping them one shot

My n**** Iwabe one shotted the cocky dude with the Exploding Blade (Seeing him try to suicide afterwards made me laugh lol) and best girl in all of Naruto/Boruto (Sarada) went full Kakashi of the Sharingan and just went HAM

All dem skills, the wisdom, the class, dem fighting skills and movements....SasGOAT would be proud of you my girl HNNNNGGGGGG

Also, I like that this episode explained why Raiga never mentioned his daughter in that filler episode way back when for all the people that couldn't understand why her existence makes sense
Oct 25, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
Ayyyy already on episode 30, time sure flies.

Very nice battles, Sarada was great with the good old copy ninja stuff. Lmao at Iwabe's dirty gangster move.

Also so glad about this

ichii_1 said:

Chojuro schooling the kids.

Real Kage shit.
Oct 25, 2017 2:52 PM

Mar 2016
🙈🙊🐒🐵
Omgggg when she said this I couldn’t stop laughing... sometimes it does not come off as cool as think... I relate to hard

Glad to see Sarada get some time.... but I don’t remember you being able to copy jutsu with just one tear of sharingan ... oh well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 3:31 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty okay episode. No one has used the sharingan like sarada in a while- on screen.
What will Mitsuki deliver? Maybe the truth about Yagura?
Also Naruto fought an edo tensei at most of that girls father. So maybe that gets cleared up at the end of the arc?
Oct 25, 2017 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
When will Boruto start showing off his eye thing again or actually do something meaningful.
Oct 25, 2017 6:25 PM
May 2017
The Fight with Sarada was pretty good. Though I question how many of those jutsu will actually be a part of her arsenal later on. Otherwise a ninja sword fight that's a nice combination of Hide and Seek, Hot Lava, and Monkey See Monkey Do turned into a really cool fight. Kiba blade girl got kind of annoying but when your mother sucks and your father died in a failed attempt to recreate the Zabuza arc I think you get a pass.

The Mizukage fight was pretty badass and really showed the difference in skill levels.

Boruto and Kagura's fight was an annoying side story that is apparently supposed to be the emotional core of this arc. It is not and honestly I'm hoping Kagura is under some kind of mind controlling genjutsu. Normally that solution would be a let down but here it can really only be a step up.

If the next arc doesn't have something entertaining or interesting in it, or God forbid if this arc lasts another three episodes I might finally have the will to drop this show.
Oct 25, 2017 7:02 PM

Mar 2014
Chojuro handled them pretty well but still, doesn't live up to the expectations of what we'd expect from a kage since he took so much damage doing so. It may have been just to give his words more weight by showing the kids that he isn't afraid of pain, but still must every action he takes have to have an excuse as to why he doesn't steamroll everything below jonin level.

Moving on, I enjoyed Sarada's fight, but I honestly forget that they're still academy students. They must be doing something right at that academy off screen that we're not seeing. Sarada and Iwabe being able to defeat chunin already... then again Naruto did beat a chunin before he graduated in the first episode with a technique he learned just before the encounter in no time. Hmm... okay I won't be using power scaling anymore, it was BS since day one.

Sarada is my favorite of this generation and that surprises me since her character just feels like someone put most of Sakura and Sasuke's personality traits in a blender and tacked on a desire to be Hokage. Gotta say if she had Sasuke's loner mindset, brooding nature or how fine he was with killing his "friends" for his own selfish goals I wouldn't like her as much. Same can be said about Sakura's more negative qualities like her tendency to overreact to every little thing, a crush/love (whatever word works for you) that makes no sense and how much she'd look down on others (I know Sarada looks down on people too but Sakura was on a whole different level).
L0bstermanOct 25, 2017 7:17 PM
Oct 25, 2017 7:44 PM

Feb 2017
A academy student just beat a genin/chunin level shinobi. No disrepect to Sarada but she's no young Itachi or young Kakashi, so why is someone like her beating fully trained shinobi? At least when Sasuke was fighting Haku, he had two tomoes and Naruto to help. Though i guess after it will be an insult to Haku if i were to compare her to these weak pieces of sh!t they call 'Seven swordsmen'.

Edit: This is shounen so forgive me if i take power scaling seriously....
Oct 26, 2017 2:34 AM
Jul 2016
Sarada's fight was pretty cool - however the genjutsu part where she 'dies' probably doesn't fool any viewer and is thus a bit unneccesary. Also it does ruin the immersion a little bit that both Boruto and Sarada seems more concerned with not being back by curfew than actually dying. This may be because they are relying on the mizukage to have everything under control but still...

Chojuro actually seems pretty strong which is good because a Kage should defeat opponents as weak as these without breaking a sweat.

Iwabe's little sword trick was actually quite good - it shows he has matured and started to strategize more before just rushing into battle

Animation in this episode was pretty sloppy though. Hope this improves next week or at least in the next arc.

Episode: 3.5/5

In general I do have high hopes for Boruto. Whether or not it will surpass the original series is yet to be seen but I like that we are back to one on one fighting. My biggest concern is that the adopts the "we-don't-kill-the-villain-and-afterwards-the-villain-is-our-friend". I really liked the 'Naruto' way of doing that - the fights are so much better if you know one of them are going to die imo. But suppossedly the series will become darker so fingers crossed and for now it's fine the way it is.
Oct 26, 2017 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
Lmao I didn't expect Iwabe to have a sword inside the staff. Shades of Tobirama right there.
Oct 26, 2017 4:13 AM

Jul 2016
Boruto and his peers continue to be 100 times stronger than their parents at the same age...
Oct 26, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
best ep so far really loved the fight, Sarada once again showing why she's best

as for Buntan hopefully we'll see more of her as she was a pretty nice character but we'll see

anyway great ep
"one step at a time"
Oct 26, 2017 1:53 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like Sarada's eye talents are starting to come into play here. But since these guys aren't accustomed to working together their alliance isn't as strong someone that Chojuro picked up and took advantage off. Though each of the enemy are pretty well skilled in their method of combat though for sure. Sarada's fight against her opponent sure was amazing though specially her ability to copy her opponents jutsu's with her eye. As expected of Chujuro the current mizukage and a veteran of the fourth war knocking these would be revolutionaries out would be easy. Iwabe's intervention sure was unexpected though. But Sarada not just using might but also excellent use of tactics and intelligence in settling her match was just superb. Five down and two more to go looks like the tide truly has turned.
Oct 27, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Sarada is amazing! I wish it was more about her and less about Boruto...Kagura is also a pain, be over soon arc...
Oct 27, 2017 11:43 AM

Oct 2015
This arc is so dull and even the fights are bland. The one bit I liked was Iwabee pulling a small sword from the hilt of his gigantic weapon to break out of a stalemate situation.
Oct 27, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2017
This is episode was surprisingly amazing especially the part where Sarada defeats the lightning style lady. I also liked the part where Iwabe pulls out the sword from his hammer and cuts the explosion sword guy. Chojiro's fight was good as expected.
I am so miserable about what happened to Kagura😢, I liked him from the first sight like I did with Kagura. I really need someone to cheer me up and tell me things will go right.
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Oct 27, 2017 10:08 PM

Nov 2016
It was an alright episode, and Sarada defeating the lightning woman was adequate, however it seemed quite dull. I'm happy that she is using her Sharingan properly, especially that Genjitsu which got me good xD But it seems too OP right now, as she just awakened the Sharingan.

5/5
Oct 30, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2008
oh what a lame cliffhanger! and by the way those mist kids are such weaklings! Even Sarada had a hard time! Damn! Sharingan Sarada should be more dominating compared to this one...
3/5.

Oct 31, 2017 12:55 AM

Jan 2013
This arc is slowly getting annoying. ;-;

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 1, 2017 9:49 AM

May 2008
What's up with this show. Why is the hokage of hidden mist so freaking weak or is he a masochist and likes to get pierced from that little girl. *sigh*
Nov 4, 2017 7:17 PM
Oct 2017
Kinda late but Sarada was awesome in this ep. She is my favorite out of the next generation tbh. mitsuki is second for me. She really can surpass Sasuke and Naruto. Also I think that Sarada will be Itachi 2.0.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.