Forum Settings
Forums

Do you sometimes see Anime Spoilers accidentally?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Oct 23, 2017 9:21 PM

The question speaks for itself

I saw accidentally a major spoiler of one anime show 3-4 weeks ago and IT SUCKS. I watched the anime 2 days after and luckily it did not disappoint me TBH

How about you guys?

Oct 23, 2017 9:22 PM
Ah, yes, obviously.
I don't think people often go looking for spoilers that often.

I usually forget about spoilers though, unless it's like, recent.

Oct 23, 2017 9:25 PM

Started watching anime in 2015. Guess who had all of Death Note spoiled before even starting the show?

Oct 23, 2017 9:26 PM

Squidster said:
Started watching anime in 2015. Guess who had all of Death Note spoiled before even starting the show?

Luckily no one spoiled me in the internet what happened in Death Note

Oct 23, 2017 9:28 PM

Whenever I go on wikipedia or the wikia sites, I find out who dies :(

Also, people fucking post vids like "XXX death scene" on youtube. LITERALLY SOMEONE POSTED THE LAST SCENE FOR CODE GEASS ON YOUTUBE AND I WATCHED IT DUMBLY

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Oct 23, 2017 9:28 PM

yeah you know I can even remember them

shit I don't know how I was able to enjoy these shows since most of these spoilers are super important , especially
, damn :(

Oct 23, 2017 9:29 PM

After joining this site, yeah, all the freakin time.

Right now I'm watching CG:R2 already knowing what I'm about to see. But...it's in reality all about the journey, isn't it?

Oct 23, 2017 9:30 PM

Sometimes, yeah (School-Live, anyone?), but I've learned not to mind too much. After all, a well-written plot detail is still well-written even if it isn't surprising.

░░░░▒▒▓▓█ My List █▓▓▒▒░░░░
░▒▓█ Favorite Anime OST █▓▒░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Novel █▓▒░░
░░▒▓█ Favorite Anime █▓▒░░

Oct 23, 2017 9:30 PM

I see some pretty often. I often can't remember them at all, because I can't recall things that aren't drilled in with emotional impact.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Oct 23, 2017 9:34 PM

Mayuka said:

Also, people fucking post vids like "XXX death scene" on youtube. LITERALLY SOMEONE POSTED THE LAST SCENE FOR CODE GEASS ON YOUTUBE AND I WATCHED IT DUMBLY

Ugh, that's why I hate youtube sometimes for anime spoilers

Oct 23, 2017 9:34 PM

AA5x4 said:
Mayuka said:

Ugh, that's why I hate youtube sometimes for anime spoilers
Yeah, fuck them. I want people to write in their titles "SPOILERS TO -THIS ANIME- EPISODE X" and not make the thumbnail fucking obvious that this character is gonna die.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Oct 23, 2017 9:39 PM
Chocobo

Yes. I usually run into spoilers by accident on my own when I try to look stuff up. E.G "What the heck was <insert name> power again? I forgot." Then when I goto the wiki and start skimming to find the info, I accidentally read a small spoiler.

I've also had a couple times with YouTube =/ Just watching a video for like a guide for a fight in Dragon Ball Xenoverse or something and I gleam over at the "Suggested Videos" and accidentally see like "DBS Ep.273 Review - Goku goes Super Saiyan 10?!?"

That made me start ignoring the suggested videos completely. I'd find some videos to watch sometimes but I don't need extra videos that much. Screw it.

Sometimes I forget them, Sometimes they stick and it sucks a bit. Usually I don't get so spoiled that I know how the whole thing will ensue though. Usually just like who ends up winning the fight. So I'll still watch it and enjoy the action even though I know the outcome. Not so bad, just means I can't cling onto the edge on my sit yelling at the screen "GET BACK UP GOKU! YOU CANT LOSE!" since I already know he'll win, lol.

I've also accidentally had a friend give me spoilers before, was talking about DBZ and DB GT. He ended up going on a ramble and saying this and that, spoiling several details. I caught onto it pretty quick though and started tuning him out, just letting him ramble on. I didn't remember any of it.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura

Oct 23, 2017 9:39 PM

Based on the spoiler's impact to the story.

Some spoiler increase your hype to watch anime(funny scenes, top 10 anime battle ever, unrelated to the conclusion,etc whatsoever) and some of them is f'ing annoying such as death scenes, key/solution/conclusion or top 10 anime battle ever.
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 23, 2017 9:40 PM
The trailer for the 4th Season of Symphogear spoiled the events of the 3rd and I had not even heard of the series before. I watched because of that trailer, but the third season was pretty dull partially because of it.

Also Fuuka, I wound up on the wikipedia page double checking that the VA was also the singer. This didn't matter though, because ppl were throwing around that particular spoiler anyways on here and CR
Anime exists
all is well

Oct 23, 2017 9:43 PM

Yeah happens, thanks to MAL, Facebook and YT. I'm able to forget most of the spoilers if they're for a series I haven't started but it sucks if it's something for an anime I'm watching currently.

Oct 23, 2017 9:47 PM

Lets just say that here on MAL I stay clear of any thread titled with a specific anime.

It's how someone ruined Clannad After Story for me; which was years ago. Finally dropped it after it being on my hold list for ages . . . T_T

Just something I'll never get the heart to finish.

Oct 23, 2017 9:49 PM

yeah, especially on youtube when a vid with a spoiler in the title shows up in my recommended feed

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Oct 23, 2017 9:51 PM

um,,, accidentally on purpose yeah

caught in the wonder

Oct 23, 2017 10:54 PM

If you know @deknijff, you'll be spoiled so often (by "accident") that you'll quickly learn to appreciate the anime anyway.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

Oct 24, 2017 12:33 AM

"accidentaly"

lOl

bitch, i am purposefully spoiled myself...

i am not weak...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Oct 24, 2017 12:36 AM

All the time. That is why I stay away from anime social media pages. Too cancerous.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017

Oct 24, 2017 12:36 AM

I constantly get spoiled on my tumblr dashboard. I have to scroll down fast and close my eyes. :/

Oct 24, 2017 12:49 AM

Yes. Every time I see a spoiler I wanna kill somebody. It's such a bad feeling.

Oct 24, 2017 12:55 AM

Mayuka said:

^ I've experienced this so many times. I go on YouTube or google to find the OP or ED for the anime or some other information and as I write the anime name ,it automatically shows ''___ death".
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.

Oct 24, 2017 1:16 AM

A YouTube video spoiled the end of School Days for me. Not that I mind though.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I don't think about breasts all the time. Only 30 minutes a day. - Aoyama

Oct 24, 2017 1:22 AM

Yea I got spoiled countless times. I avoid youtube anime videos for such reason even charts except one channel. Even in discussions here either general or anime discussions, I find people dropping spoilers without any care. I tend now to just drop my opinions if I feel like I wanna express them and don't even look at others' in discussions.

But to be honest I also purposely spoiled myself but that is very rare.

I almost know about any major event for any popular anime I didn't even watch yet.
Modified by Pynch, Oct 24, 2017 1:26 AM

Oct 24, 2017 1:26 AM

Yeah obviously but i don't give a shit about it

Oct 24, 2017 1:35 AM

I see those too often in YouTube's comment section when I just want to listen to some anime soundtrack or just rewatching some scenes.

Oct 24, 2017 1:41 AM

Yes, that happened when I saw someone in MAL posted the EP018 of Re:Zero

But that still doesn't stop me from liking Rem... Ohhh well, aside from that, School Days because of my bro... :/

Ohh well, during around xmas I'll watch School Days...

Rayrin said:
I see those too often in YouTube's comment section when I just want to listen to some anime soundtrack or just rewatching some scenes.

Why'd go on the comments anyway?
Modified by _Ako_, Oct 24, 2017 1:44 AM

Oct 24, 2017 1:44 AM

All the time. There is a reason why I knew about the 80% of Madoka's plot twists years before starting the series.

Oct 24, 2017 1:54 AM

not an anime, but i was reading a manga and enjoyed it heaps. so i wanted to get one of the main characters as my wallpaper. so i googled their name and the first 2 suggestions that popped up while typing were dies and death. so that wasnt fun

Oct 24, 2017 7:16 AM

I consider myself an expert at avoiding spoiler without having to completely shut off from the fandom :D

But yeah sometimes it's just unavoidable... and IT SUCKS

Oct 24, 2017 8:21 AM
Forum Moderator
Ubiquitous

I get spoiled all the time either by accident or on purpose while looking something up and reading through the whole wiki or doing mod stuff. Usually it just drives me to complete the anime as fast as possible to get the spoiler behind me because I know I probably won't forget the spoiler within the next years.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong

Oct 24, 2017 8:22 AM

I was spoiled for Your Lie in April so I stopped watching it. Apart from that not really.

Oct 24, 2017 8:30 AM
The Dub Queen

I'm a moderator at 9Anime.to, and I pretty much know stories/suspenses/tragedies of most anime, including the ones that I've not yet seen.

#sedlyf #spoilerseveryday

Oct 24, 2017 8:35 AM

idc about spoilers, but I pretty much know stories of a lot of anime that I PTW...
I knew all about the last episode of School Days before I even started watching the anime.
I see spoilers everywhere since I'm moderator of some anime groups in my country... Spoilers are forbidden in some, but ppl tell them anyway before getting kicked out.

Oct 24, 2017 8:36 AM
Not kinda accidentally
My friends always spoil it for

Oct 24, 2017 8:38 AM

Well I intentionally press the Show Spoiler button when I don't really want to, does that count
[center][/ccenter]

Oct 24, 2017 8:39 AM

All the time. Sometimes its fucking advertised on people's signatures.

Oct 24, 2017 8:48 AM

Yeah in posted pics and videos with spoiler caption, but sometimes I do intentionally look for spoilers. Though I mostly refrained myself to look for spoilers, if I'm not that eager to look for it.

Oct 24, 2017 9:02 AM

Yes, but very, very rarely. I'm excellent and not getting spoilered but sometimes there's like a thread title from the series discussion board popping up in the most recent threads section and it just outright spoilers a timeskip or whatever. There's nothing I can do about those kind of spoilers.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Oct 24, 2017 9:36 AM

I've seen some, but I don't care about spoilers anyway.

Oct 24, 2017 10:06 AM

I know spoilers for a lot of shows, which is probably why I've never gotten around to a lot of shows.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Oct 24, 2017 10:11 AM
One time I was on osu! watching a replay and there was some comments. I saw a comment saying: MAJOR SPOILER YOUR LIE IN APRIL an I was not really understanding if it was a joke or not so I didn't really care and I saw the god damn spoiler AND I DONT WANT TO WATCH IT ANYMORE ;-;

Oct 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Sometimes I do... I don't even know why, maybe I'm just too curious yet too lazy to watch another episode.

Oct 24, 2017 10:55 AM

Obviously and it's inevitable that you'll see spoilers of some anime.

Oct 24, 2017 10:56 AM

i knew about a major death in OP and i was just stunned. no emotions what so ever...
spoilers suck. lol

Oct 24, 2017 10:56 AM

i knew about a major death in OP and i was just stunned. no emotions what so ever...
spoilers suck. lol

Oct 24, 2017 10:58 AM

Obviously, lol. The biggest problem are anime that are get hyped alot. Then there are posts of it everywhere, and you can't dodge all spoilers.

Oct 24, 2017 10:59 AM

Yes, but I don't really mind seeing spoilers. For example, I know who wins in that Zodiac War anime that's currently airing, but I'll still watch it anyway.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »