Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2017 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
Fall Anime: First Impression

It seems this season we have some interesting new shows. Well, I haven't watched all of them but here what I can say about what I have seen so far.

-Mahoutsukai no Yome: Undoublty the season-best show. Aside from all the hype, the show gathered, the manga is quite popular. From I heard the story isn't finished yet, but everyone who read the manga suggests that the anime is a must watch. (Plan to watch)

-Black Clover: Now, I watched the first episode. I found the characters to be really dull, especially Asta character with all the yelling was so annoying (seriously he doesn't talk, he just yells). So I gave the second and third episode a chance, but again, with so many cliches (Naruto+Fairy tail mix) and little character development to cling on, I found this show to be so overrated and not worth the hype. (Drop)

-Juuni Taisen: When I first read the synopsis I thought it was quite interesting, but also feared that the there won't be any depth to the characters, just a bunch of assassins compromised of lollies and kids fighting each other. Good thing I was wrong. This show was very well executed, it kind of reminded me of HxH. The way the characters were presented, the way they think before they act, even the fight scenes are really nice. I was never bored with this anime. (Watching)

-Inuyashiki: Now, in the last couple of seasons, seinen/psychological anime were kind of a letdown. However, this one really got the bar right up. Probably my favorite anime this season, each episode is better than its previous. Despite having the show 50% CGI (Which isn't that bad btw) it's heavily overshadowed by the great characters and story. (Watching)

-Dies Irae: Nazis, lollies, unexplained superpowers, harem, school, and a priest? Come on, that's too much! (Deleted from my list)

-3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season: If you have watched and loved the first season for its dark tone (like me) then you would probably have second thoughts for this one. Now, with only 2 episodes airing, I can't say for sure yet but, I really don't like all the colorful happy moments the show is trying to portrait. The main character has so many issues that need to be addressed from the first season but we still don't see anything. Again, this is only the beginning, I guess later on we are going to see some interesting developments. (Plan to watch)

-Garo Vanishing Line: Coming from someone who hasn't watched the prequels, I can say this show is great! I was impressed with the first episode which was amazingly executed. Now, the story isn't that elaborate, and we didn't much see any character development so far, but, by all means, it's worth the watch. (Watching)

That's it! That's all the anime I have watched this season (Not including anime that aired last season and are still airing like ballroom). I am still planning to see Kino no Tabi, but I just wanted to check out the 2003 adaptation first. In case you have watched both then please tell me what you think. So, what do are your thoughts on the anime this season? What anime grabbed your attention? Which anime made you spill out your beans? Let us know in the comments.

"My Emotions Got Lost Somewhere Inside Me. They're Like A Letter I Sent To Myself... That Took Decades To Arrive," Mr.Grimmer -Monster
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Admin recruitment

alikhandro - Apr 11, 2017

0 by alikhandro »»
Apr 11, 2017 7:48 AM

» Recommendation

alikhandro - Feb 6, 2015

2 by omeg4 »»
Feb 6, 2015 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.