Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2017 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
Something something "MOMMY" something something.. great writing as always Ishida.

OT: Anyway it looks like i need to wait one more week yet again to get some actual clarification, because god forbid something actually happen on screen for a change.
Oct 23, 2017 5:10 AM
Apr 2015
Kaneki is just transform into a crying monster ? LOL
And the white body is a Bunch of Kaneki ?
So what is Furuta's Plan? He look like that he is done.
Oct 23, 2017 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
-Mihairu said:
am i the only who isn't sure if it's touka in the last page?

i thought touka's escaping group was stopped by the ccg reinforcements while all of this was happening. and even if that is touka how was she strong enough to defend herself and be the only survivor not having eaten any decent food in weeks or however long. she would've been the highest (if not only) combat experienced person in the women and children group, maybe she would've tried to save the people around her which would make her make bad decisions for herself, i.e., she ded.

but yes, it is likely touka, but it could be a random ass oggai too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's Touka for sure. Kaneki probably killed everyone there aside from Touka, hence why she's shocked and covered in blood.
Oct 23, 2017 9:14 AM

Dec 2014
My boi Kaneki be giving babies before Touka does kek

also, Ishida has been really creative with the titles these past few chapters.
Just̰͙͔͈ͧͣͫͨ́ Mon͓̮͓ͧ̿̅̒͗iͨ̅̇ͤ̑̇͒̚҉̘̪ka͓͕͓̱̯͂͋́͗
Oct 23, 2017 9:40 AM
Aug 2017
I can't wait until everything comes together and makes sense
Oct 23, 2017 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
What the F is even going on anymore? So many questions unanswered yet somehow we have a Godzilla Kaneki now? wtf is Ishida even thinking, he turned this manga into utter trash in these latest chapter ... thinking about dropping this just to stop wasting my time, this is surely not the series I fell in love with a few years ago.
Oct 23, 2017 1:56 PM
Nov 2016
Well, Kaneki just destroyed a lot of shit.
Oct 23, 2017 2:04 PM

Oct 2017
WyNdZ said:
KingOreX said:

Drop the fucking series. If you actually think this is 1/10 because you somehow thought Furuta was actually dead then you're delusional. It wasn't even a fake death. Everything makes perfect sense. It's not that complicated. Not "everyone lives" that's an absurd statement.

It's definitely a 1/10 ever since the Rue arc started and this manga is utter trash compared to the first series. I gave it a 1/10 because I had expectations that were completely destroyed. Also yes it was a fucking fake death or just another cheap cliffhanger that amounts to nothing which has been quite common in this series. Reread the second to last page of chapter 144 and tell me that's not the case.

No there's plenty of stuff that don't make sense. Mutsuki being crazy in love with Kaneki for no reason, Furata's actions, Kaneki turning into Godzilla and Kaneki acting like a retard ever since he became the king don't make sense. Also that other retarded investigator Ui I think blindly following Furuta and now some bullshit about Kagunes or whatever being able to bring back life or some shit as well. Also I've already been contemplating dropping this series since a long time.

I think :Re was a solid series until Arima's death (although not as good as the first one). The last 60 chapters or so have been a complete shitshow though. Rue Island was a trainwreck with its dozens of characters and useless fights or how Aogiri went out.

Kaneki's character was completely butchered and was a complete retard as the OEK (just a stupid pawn who never did anything of value unless you count banging Touka). Furuta is one of the most ridiculous villians I have seen in manga, his plans are laughable (Super peace? Creating live via Kagune's? wtf) and how he turned everyone into his bitches was annoying (V, Kanou, Clowns, even the CCG all became his pawns for no reason at all).

The scale went the DBZ way. Kaijuu Kaneki is a huge wtf. The only thing missing is the old OEK who will surely come out soon and fight against Dragon Kaneki which would make it even clearer how the series has jumped the shark.

Watch fans defend this with "muh tragedy" and circlejerk over Ishida's supposed genius.
Oct 23, 2017 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
What if kaneki will try to kill absolutely everyone untill only touka and him are left to repopulate the world. Truly starting the world anew.
Oct 23, 2017 11:39 PM
Aug 2017
Can everyone who said this is shit drop it and leave this in peace? You don't like this, I understand so you can drop it and avoid the frustration after each new chapters. Why do you want to torture yourself? There are plenty of people who find this is great. It is just a matter of perspective.
On the other hand, Ishida's ability to convey emotion through drawing is better and better. Furuta looked devastated there but I don't really trust him.
Oct 24, 2017 5:36 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty weird to see Furuta like that... Shows how fucked up everything is right now.
Oct 24, 2017 6:12 PM

Jul 2016
Who the fuck is Ui? Where is Amon? Where is Akira?
I really care more about the old characters, I don't really give a fuck about most of the new ones, except Urie.
Oh well...
Oct 26, 2017 4:16 AM

Feb 2016
Scheibe said:
Summary (https://disqus.com/by/disqus_8RviYAz2fV/):
Page 1: The full kakuja Kaneki is bombarded by missiles by the CCG, they hit him directly as they prepare another volley of blasts

Page 2: cover

Page 3: Kaneki seems to be screaming out in pain from being attacked. We see his true centipede form for the first time. The CCG seem to be in disarray as they try to figure out Kaneki's weak spot(his shell was damaged). Kaneki falls down the building from being hit

Page 4: He smacks into the floor right in front of a regular human. Now the team that was fighting him in the sky is on their way to the ground to continue the fight.(Note that some CCG members have gone underground as well)

Page 5: Kaneki is still on his way to Touka crawling through the city still being attacked by the CCG. He's now on his way to the 4th Ward. We see a huge Tank fire an artillery weapon

Page 6: 2 Volleys of blasts hit Kaneki and he yells out in pain again

Page 7: Kaneki slams down onto the tanks and flattens them. they all die. Even one of the guys dying yelled out "Mommy" "Milk" lol

Page 8: As Kaneki advances we see crowds of human yelling out in fear. Kaneki continues to devour innocent humans.

Page 9: Takizawa(It's definitely him, he never wears shoes and he's barefoot) looks upon the carnage of the CCG vs Kaneki with many investigators dead all over the floor and under rubble

Page 10: Furuta and Koori are speaking to one another underground. In the background it seems one of Kaneki's limbs was severed and inside each of his eyes are the corpses of all the oggai and ghouls he ate. It seems Koori knows Furuta is a ghoul and asks him to bring back Arima and his old partner Hairu using ghoulification process

Page 11: Furuta plan was to have Kaneki eat the oggai so Kaneki will have multiple kokuhous, capture him, bring him to Kanou, and thus they will make another ghoul using ghoulification. it will be another "Kaneki". However, Kaneki is now just way too powerful to stop. Their chance of defeating him is 0%

Page 12: It is revealed that the King of the 24th ward also cannibalized just like Kaneki and also turned into a "dragon". However, instead of causing destruction he ended up granting each ghoul a portion of his power. I'm guessing this is what Furuta wants Kaneki to do to the world. Make them all ghouls. Furuta apologized to Ui, saying that he had everything planned, but the result probably wasn't going to be something he liked.

Page 13: Furuta "apologizes" for causing all of this madness. Furuta looks over to see Hirako and another Squad 0 member exhausted from battle and asks Koori if he spared them because they were friends in the past. Koori explains that they almost killed each other until Kaneki comes through and forces them to team up due to his immense power( in the pic you can see Kaneki with no eyes or maybe oggai). Furuta quits as Bureau Chief(now probably going to link up with rest of clowns) and asks Koori what he will do. Koori says he will go the surface and fight Kaneki as a CCG investigator. he hasn't lost hope

Page 14: Hirako agrees to go above ground with Koori saying that he will need someone to watch his back. Yusa Arima asks Take Hirako if they will be going into the world Arima wished for, which was Kaneki being the One-Eyed King. Hirako replies that he doesn't know. Basically saying that Kaneki going rampage is probably not what Arima envisioned for Kaneki. Arima wanted better for him. Finally, the last image shows Touka with blood all over her clothes and potentially Hinami slumped in the background? It seems that Kaneki is there considering she is all alone. He killed everyone besides her

So the goal of furata was to capture dragon and take him to Kano to create multiple dragons ???

Or did he wanted dragon to split his power
and change all humans into ghouls ???

Or did he wanted a common enemy for both ghouls and humans ???

I really got confused...
Oct 26, 2017 7:00 AM
Mar 2014
Kja95 said:
Scheibe said:
Summary (https://disqus.com/by/disqus_8RviYAz2fV/):
Page 1: The full kakuja Kaneki is bombarded by missiles by the CCG, they hit him directly as they prepare another volley of blasts

So the goal of furata was to capture dragon and take him to Kano to create multiple dragons ???

I really got confused...

The goal of furata was to capture dragon and take him to Kano to create stronger Ken's iirc
Oct 26, 2017 7:36 AM

Feb 2016
Scheibe said:
Kja95 said:

I really got confused...

The goal of furata was to capture dragon and take him to Kano to create stronger Ken's iirc

That means furata didn't actually care about piece between people and ghouls ??

As I remember correctly he told kaneki once when he was still an associate special class to be a common enemy and disappear so I thought furate wanted to unite humans and ghouls anyway...
Oct 26, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2017
Himawari9 said:
Can everyone who said this is shit drop it and leave this in peace? You don't like this, I understand so you can drop it and avoid the frustration after each new chapters. Why do you want to torture yourself? There are plenty of people who find this is great. It is just a matter of perspective.
On the other hand, Ishida's ability to convey emotion through drawing is better and better. Furuta looked devastated there but I don't really trust him.

I have been a fan of the series since years and just because I dislike this shitty arc doesnt mean I should drop the series. That seems silly
Oct 26, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2014
Aardwolf94 said:
Himawari9 said:

I have been a fan of the series since years and just because I dislike this shitty arc doesnt mean I should drop the series. That seems silly

Yeah. It's like he's saying you're not allowed to post here unless you're sucking Ishida's dick.

The drop in quality of since the original series and from chapter 60 of :re is really disappointing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 2:34 PM

Oct 2017
Kvothe51 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Yeah. It's like he's saying you're not allowed to post here unless you're sucking Ishida's dick.

The drop in quality of since the original series and from chapter 60 of :re is really disappointing.

It seems TG fans just can't stand criticism, its always "Go read a Shounen (had one saying that to me)" or "Stop reading" with them.

This series went downhill hard and its a huge shame, I really expected more from Ishida. This current arc is complete garbage.

Aardwolf94Oct 26, 2017 7:38 PM
Oct 26, 2017 7:52 PM
Aug 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Himawari9 said:

That what I would do. If a manga doesn't keep me interested anymore, I would drop it instead of complaining. I dropped Bleach, Naruto, Toriko, New Game, and plenty of other manga that I lost count despite following them since their debut. I had followed Naruto for 10 years but then I felt that it went downhill so I dropped it. Manga is an entertainment so there is no need to torture myself with those I deem boring and complaining about it in an online forum doesn't make it better and since taste is varies, one is boring to me doesn't mean it is not interesting to others. There is no need to indirectly calling other that they have bad tastes. I guess I am unable to understand people who keep sticking to something they don't like.
Himawari9Oct 26, 2017 8:10 PM
Oct 26, 2017 7:58 PM
Aug 2017
Kvothe51 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

The using of vulgar language doesn't make you look good either Do you use that type of language when speaking with others at work?. Aren't you tired of complaining about this manga and no one gonna care? To be honest, Tokyo Ghould is not my favorite manga but at least, it is still pretty entertaining to me. I guess I have more things to do in real life instead of torturing myself which manga I deem as bad and complaining online.
Himawari9Oct 26, 2017 8:06 PM
Oct 26, 2017 8:05 PM
Aug 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Kvothe51 said:

It seems TG fans just can't stand criticism, its always "Go read a Shounen (had one saying that to me)" or "Stop reading" with them.

This series went downhill hard and its a huge shame, I really expected more from Ishida. This current arc is complete garbage.

You said it gone downhill but to me it is still good. Not many manga turn the MC to a monster killing innocent people left and right or have many characters that are hard to determine that they are good or bad people. That is just my opinion.
Oct 26, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2017
Himawari9 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

You said it gone downhill but to me it is still good. Not many manga turn the MC to a monster killing innocent people left and right or have many characters that are hard to determine that they are good or bad people. That is just my opinion.

Not many manga do this because its a terrible decision that completely shits all over Kaneki's character arc for the sake of tragedy. And the part about no real evil characters..well thats something TG always did very well and its not really exclusive to this arc.

Oct 26, 2017 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
Himawari9 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

That what I would do. If a manga doesn't keep me interested anymore, I would drop it instead of complaining. I dropped Bleach, Naruto, Toriko, New Game, and plenty of other manga that I lost count despite following them since their debut. Manga is an entertainment so there is no need to torture myself with those I deem boring and complaining about it in an online forum doesn't make it better and since taste is varies, one is boring to me doesn't mean it is not interesting to others. There is no need to indirectly calling other that they have bad tastes.

Disagree. When I invest a lot of time in a manga and it has one shitty arc I still keep reading and hope it gets better. I still care about the characters and want to know how the mangaka handles things.

Its not "torture", like you said Manga is entertainment so even if TG is shitty right now it really doesn't take much time to read a chapter and since this forum is all about discussion why not say what you think? Otherwise there would only be hardcore fans here who love everything about the series..and that would be lame.

True we should let the "bad taste" stuff be

Oct 26, 2017 8:18 PM
Aug 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Himawari9 said:

Not many manga do this because its a terrible decision that completely shits all over Kaneki's character arc for the sake of tragedy. And the part about no real evil characters..well thats something TG always did very well and its not really exclusive to this arc.

It is not like he intentionally hurt those people. He has gone insane. Same thing happened many times in both manga. Kaneki's mentality is unstable and Furuta used that.
Oct 26, 2017 8:21 PM

Oct 2017
Himawari9 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

It is not like he intentionally hurt those people. He has gone insane. Same thing happened many times in both manga. Kaneki's mentality is unstable and Furuta used that.

And that's exactly what I hate, Kaneki still being someone's pawn & making dumb as fuck choices after almost 300 chapters. Seems like the dude didn't learn shit (this arc would never have gone this way if he was actually a capable OEK) and now with becoming a mass murderer his character arc doesn't seem like it will have a satisfying conclusion.

Before this arc the tragedy aspect never felt forced..now its just cheap and not impactful. Ishida needs to let go of his tragedy boner
Oct 26, 2017 8:22 PM
Aug 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Himawari9 said:

That what I would do. If a manga doesn't keep me interested anymore, I would drop it instead of complaining. I dropped Bleach, Naruto, Toriko, New Game, and plenty of other manga that I lost count despite following them since their debut. Manga is an entertainment so there is no need to torture myself with those I deem boring and complaining about it in an online forum doesn't make it better and since taste is varies, one is boring to me doesn't mean it is not interesting to others. There is no need to indirectly calling other that they have bad tastes.

Disagree. When I invest a lot of time in a manga and it has one shitty arc I still keep reading and hope it gets better. I still care about the characters and want to know how the mangaka handles things.

Its not "torture", like you said Manga is entertainment so even if TG is shitty right now it really doesn't take much time to read a chapter and since this forum is all about discussion why not say what you think? Otherwise there would only be hardcore fans here who love everything about the series..and that would be lame.

It seems that I am different then. I am not really getting too invested fictional characters. I used to when I was in high school though. I guess real-life stuffs has kept me too busy.
Oct 27, 2017 6:14 AM

Nov 2016
I don't understand what Ishida is doing with his manga right now. But I hope we'll get clarifications later on.
Oct 27, 2017 6:51 AM

Oct 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Himawari9 said:

And that's exactly what I hate, Kaneki still being someone's pawn & making dumb as fuck choices after almost 300 chapters. Seems like the dude didn't learn shit (this arc would never have gone this way if he was actually a capable OEK) and now with becoming a mass murderer his character arc doesn't seem like it will have a satisfying conclusion.

Before this arc the tragedy aspect never felt forced..now its just cheap and not impactful. Ishida needs to let go of his tragedy boner

Completely agree, especially with the forced tragedy
Oct 27, 2017 3:21 PM

Nov 2014
Himawari9 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

It seems that I am different then. I am not really getting too invested fictional characters. I used to when I was in high school though. I guess real-life stuffs has kept me too busy.

You can get invested in any character as long as it's well written and appealing enough, even more so if you feel something of an affinity towards the character. What do ''real-life stuffs'' have to do with anything?

Also, I suppose ''real-life stuffs'' doesn't involve learning to use grammar properly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2017 1:36 AM

Jun 2010
lelouchvkekistan said:
dicecop said:

Yeah, they are just done lol. We might very well have a small timeskip soon. Also, I might not be 100% right as minor parts get clarified from chapter to chapter, but I think I have a pretty good guess on what's going on. For once, I'm not too sure about the last page where we see a person with his back calling out Hirako. I believe that is Yusa Arima, but the way he speaks sounds like it was Kishou Arima's plan all along to turn Kaneki into this monstrosity. That is something we will have to wait for to be clarified

I hope you're right and we get a time skip but I doubt it. It doesn't look like kaneki is turning back to a human form with some intelligence. The story (with Kaneki in it) can't go on if he doesn't. He is so large (and dumb) that it is impossible to hide somewhere and not be tracked. Basically we are at the climax of a godzilla movie, all we have left is some military attacks and it's over. Nothing points to him turning back to his original form therefore there is no where to go but end it and leaving open ends for the imagination is pretty common in novels. I really hope we see a psycho uber powerful kaneki and it goes on but I don't see it.

You don't think that a totally out of control kanzilla still trying to get back to his still living pregnant wife and only source of joy and light in is life, isn't setting up at least the potential/possibility of a beauty and the beast like scene? (Not saying I think it's going to happen. just that it is there to go to.) Touka, if for no other reason than the baby, is prob going to make it out of this the way things look now.. What ever happens to kanzilla, it will probably be done because of/through/by her. (save, calm or kill)

And oh god I hope he doesn't leave the story unfinished. Any writer/author that doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger on an ending, shouldn't be called such in the first place.. Literally one of the laziest, most literarily deficient things in story telling today, that people just sit back and take.

Shi-Woon said:
KingOreX said:

Drop the fucking series. If you actually think this is 1/10 because you somehow thought Furuta was actually dead then you're delusional. It wasn't even a fake death. Everything makes perfect sense. It's not that complicated. Not "everyone lives" that's an absurd statement.

Its not a 1/10, but this series has gone downhill a bit from part 1 to this part of Re. In my opinion if Kaneki is saved someone by Touka or Hide I'm calling complete bullshit. The Tragedy is Kaneki can't be saved and he is now the evil that will bring enemies together to defeat him. He has no happy in his life coming.

So in other words "muh edginess and nihilism, muh tragedy! OH NOOO!"

Aardwolf94 said:
This series has turned into despair porn at this point, what a disappointment. :Re has been going downhill since Arima's death and this arc is the worst yet.

I wouldn't quite call it trash like that yet, but it is pretty dark/depressing. (though not nearly as so as many people seem to want to believe.. hence all the "what?! everyone's not dead yet?!" whines and such that we seem to get every chapter.

James_xenoOct 30, 2017 1:45 AM
Dec 1, 2017 10:58 AM

Aug 2015
I'm don't understand.
Nov 29, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
Furuta is trolling again, the guy can't be serious.
May 21, 2020 10:47 AM

Jun 2017
Seems like most of the pages were just about civilians scurrying and screaming. A humdrum chapter. The good part about it is that it's going to end soon. 😴😴

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.