Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh good, Cabba is getting more highlight this epsiode. Vegeta too.

Cabba is quite an underrated character in this tournament tbh so I'm glad he's getting more screen time. That SSJ2 transformation though..I like it. He's definitely tougher than he was previously.

Also, Vegeta vs Toppo. Not bad.
Oct 21, 2017 5:30 PM

Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh good, Cabba is getting more highlight this epsiode. Vegeta too.

Cabba is quite an underrated character in this tournament tbh so I'm glad he's getting more screen time. That SSJ2 transformation though..I like it. He's definitely tougher than he was previously.

Also, Vegeta vs Toppo. Not bad.

I'd say the episode was super well animated and Freezer is so great!
Otherwise I'm kinda scared for the preview lol
Oct 21, 2017 6:03 PM

Oct 2010
Toppo burned Vegeta so hard..

Oct 21, 2017 6:30 PM

Jul 2015
Cabba learning ssj2 is good. Now Caulifla is kinda stupid to fight Goku next... and Goku us gonna use ssj3 against her? Why. That's gonna burn through him quick af. To show her the form? I'd hope that doesn't mean she'll also transform into ssj3. Overall great episode with Vegeta and Cabba. Freeza doing something true to his character again lmao. Control the Gods eh? Can the super db actually overcome the Gods?
Oct 21, 2017 7:02 PM
Jul 2012
Glad to see that this episode confirms that their are intentions to keep universe 6 around.
Oct 21, 2017 7:02 PM

Sep 2017
"I'm not interested in the second fiddle."
"Aren't you the second fiddle too?"

Oct 21, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
the_NateDoge said:
"I'm not interested in the second fiddle."
"Aren't you the second fiddle too?"

That was beautiful. Vegeta was so mad. XD

Next week's episode is going to be interesting.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Nov 2016
Cabba finally became a SSJ2 too,but he still got trashed by Frieza,well that was to be expected after last weeks preview.

Goku was fighting against lowest fodder and got his ass saved by Caulifla. Not really hyped for their fight,but maybe it will be epic, seeing a female reach SSJ3 would be cool and chances aren't that bad that it actually happens.

Curious to see how Frieza will intervent,tho,would love to see him go against Kale berserker mode.

Toppo vs Vegeta seems also promising.

Decent episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2014
Hyack said:
Toppo burned Vegeta so hard..

I was thinking the same. I laughed hard at that scene. XD
Oct 21, 2017 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
finally Caulifla and Kale are back in action really looking forward to next ep wonder will Caulifla also reach ssj 3 would be nice
"one step at a time"
Oct 21, 2017 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
And... Cabba got eliminated. U6 is Caulifla, Kale and the Namekians now. One thing that intrigues me is that Goku said he'll use SSJ3 against Caulifla... Isn't that suicidal at this point? Unless he eliminates Caulifla instantaneously with that form.

Also, the burn from Toppo to Vegeta... Ouch xD That's going to be a well remembered quote lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 21, 2017 7:43 PM

Sep 2015
I am pretty sure Vegeta was more harsh to F Trunk back there his future son.

Vegeta was more soft to smack some Saiyan sense on Cabba here.... why? because he look you up?
Into the Internet!
Oct 21, 2017 7:43 PM

Aug 2013
It's stupid to tell Caulifla stand back to regain her energy while Cabba himself doing 1v1. If he realizes how important teamwork is then he should suggest 2v1 instead. Why even care about pride when your entire planet and universe is on the line?

Vegeta's "Don't get the wrong idea, I didn't save you" was completely tsundere. Toppo and Vegeta's conversation was hilarious xd

When you realize that big ball Monna is as strong as, if not stronger, than Cell...

Savage golden Freiza tanked SS2 Cabba's blast like it's nothing.

Oct 21, 2017 7:47 PM
Nov 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
I am pretty sure Vegeta was more harsh to F Trunk back there his future son.

Vegeta was more soft to smack some Saiyan sense on Cabba here.... why? because he look you up?
Future Trunks was his son. Of course he was going to be harsher.
Oct 21, 2017 7:49 PM

Aug 2016
Nice episode. Man, I love this show. I thought I was done with anything DB related after the 90s, but this dragged me back in.

Vegeta basically said what everyone in the audience has known since the beginning: when Universe 7 wins, they're bringing back at least Universe 6. But I still hope all the remaining fighters band together to kill Chibi Murder-God.
Oct 21, 2017 8:12 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very solid episode. Was hoping to see a Cabba episode and they did well here. That rolling ball Monna was annoying, glad she got eliminated.

Vegeta saving Cabba was pretty cool. I was hoping to see Vegeta and Cabba team up so kinda bummed out Cabba got eliminated. And lol at Vegeta and Toppo's conversation, like dang Toppo was such a savage.

Perhaps the biggest revelation is Frieza's motive to use the Super Dragon Balls. To control the Gods.

Oct 21, 2017 8:16 PM

Dec 2014
well the was something...individual grudges come across... This gets more and more serious by minute
Oct 21, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

The moments leading upto the SSJ2 transformation felt very melodramatic and forced especially with the way that big rollout ball was taunting Cabba. Feels like they're just trying to put drama in there in order to justify a powerup, well whatever. Gone are the days when SSJ powerups had real meaning and impact.

I honestly laughed so much when Vegeta just blasted that rollout girl in base form. xD

Frieza doing the clean up work. :3

Toppo wrecked Vegeta so hard with that one line. That was pure gold. XDD

Not sure what to expect from Caulifla vs Goku but let's see. Though if we really get SSJ3 next episode, imagine how amazing it would be if they used Faulconer's theme, I kinda wish that'd happen but who am I kidding. XD
Lelouch0202Oct 21, 2017 8:38 PM
Oct 21, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2016
I like the episode, but fell Cabba became too Gohan-ish during the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2009
Cabba is out but at least he reach super saiyan 2

i guess next week Goku will show super saiyan 3 to Caulifa and she will reach that form too lol
Oct 21, 2017 9:13 PM

Dec 2015
Wouldn't it have been far better if Cabba went SSJ2 with Frieza instead of the fat tick alien? Frieza would tell him how he annihilated the saiyans in his universe and would do the same to Cabba's, and that of course would anger Cabba, triggering SSJ2, but I guess that's too much thinking for Toei.

Looking forward to SSJ3 Goku next episode though!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 21, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2017
I like how Cabba got more spotlight in this episode and turned into SSJ2 for the first time. Too bad Frieza eliminated him. So we know what Vegeta and Frieza intend to do with the Super Dragon Balls now and it's confirmed that Frieza wants to rule over the gods. Wonder how he's going to pull it off.

Dang Vegeta. Toppo roasted you hard.

4/5
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 21, 2017 10:02 PM

Jun 2017
Good chapter, good animation.
I'm also afraid to give Caulifla the SSJ3, how long ago was it transformed for the first time ?, Less than 2 hours and is already going through the third transformation
Oct 21, 2017 11:03 PM
Jun 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
Decent episode.

The moments leading upto the SSJ2 transformation felt very melodramatic and forced especially with the way that big rollout ball was taunting Cabba. Feels like they're just trying to put drama in there in order to justify a powerup, well whatever. Gone are the days when SSJ powerups had real meaning and impact.

I honestly laughed so much when Vegeta just blasted that rollout girl in base form. xD

Frieza doing the clean up work. :3

Toppo wrecked Vegeta so hard with that one line. That was pure gold. XDD

Not sure what to expect from Caulifla vs Goku but let's see. Though if we really get SSJ3 next episode, imagine how amazing it would be if they used Faulconer's theme, I kinda wish that'd happen but who am I kidding. XD
i actully fine with caba turn super sayian since it were in fights unlike those 2 girls
Oct 21, 2017 11:06 PM

Apr 2016
Freiza - "All hail Vegeta, prince of no one." Savage
Toppo - " Aren't you the second fiddle too" Savage 2.0
Oct 21, 2017 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
TFW Vegeta cares more about a planet he has never seen then he does for his father's home.
Oct 21, 2017 11:42 PM

May 2010
Cabba's achievement:
SSJ2 - Unlocked
Final Flash - Unlocked
Garlick Gun - Unlocked
Beaten by Golden Frieza (New card collection)
Not bad, not bad at all.

U6 desaturated Namekians vs Gohan & Piccolo, the battle feel so old school,
I like it.

Toppo VS Vegeta, battle of the second fiddle, should be fun.
(Toppo is stronger than Blue+KK right?)
Oct 21, 2017 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
ziggy_Z said:
TFW Vegeta cares more about a planet he has never seen then he does for his father's home.

lol quoted for truth
Oct 21, 2017 11:45 PM

Apr 2016
Frieza was savage and i like ssj 2 transformation of cabba more than those bit*ches.
Next episode wont be that interesting
BRAWLERS
Oct 22, 2017 12:18 AM
Jan 2010
kyabe is lame as fuck
Oct 22, 2017 12:44 AM

Jun 2015
Meh ~.~ boring ep.
That roast of vegeta by toppo was epic lmao xD
Oct 22, 2017 1:26 AM

Aug 2014
overall an okay episode;

The Universe 6 Namekians still don't have anything about them other than that they're Namekian. They hardly even had any speaking parts.
I call bullshit on Cabba's Super Saiyan 2 form. Obviously there was no tingly feeling involved, he jut got angry. That's all.
Seemingly the show as well just went with Cabba copying Vegeta moves. Don't remember, that being the case before. Thought they only did that in Dragon Ball Fusions.

Another thing, that's worrying me is that there's still too many Universe 7 characters in the tournament. Don't really know how they will all get their moment to shine, with the enemies constantly depleting. They might just use them as fodder for some big boss, but that's not really a good scenario, is it?
I kind of wanted to see some cleverly choreographed 2 on 1 fight of Vegeta and Goku against Jiren as the climax of this arc. But I feel with Goku getting a new power up and not Vegeta, that might be out of the question.
Oct 22, 2017 1:43 AM
Feb 2009
Son Goku was not able to reach SSJ2 after 4 years of training (after he got SSJ1). But now you can get to SSJ2 without any training at all.

Guess Kalifa will end SSJ3 at the end of the fight with Goku.

There is still so many inconsistent thing by episode it's not even funny :

Vegeta going to save Cabba while Goku is getting attacked by 3 trash,

At 10:09, when we see behind Cabba, we can clearly see there is nothing on his right, then at 10:30 he is clearly at least 15 meters out of bound, then he still talks for at least 5 seconds, so he should be at least 30 meters out of bound, but Vegeta managed to catch him.

This scene is so wrong it hurts. They should just have gone the same way Krilin saved C-18 (jumping, catching and then using an energy blast to come back on the ring).

C-17 and C-18 seems to have been forgotten. Weren't they supposed to take advantage of their unlimited stamina ?

Kinda hard to imagine a namekian could reach the same level as Gohan considering the strongest Namekian on universe 7 was supposed to be the same level as Freeza.

Freeza needed to transform to beat Cappa was not needed. His attacks should have pierced Cappa skin at least. And Freeza missing half of his shot from this distance ?

But the worst still seem that, while it's a battle royal, no one seems to understand how team battle is supposed to work and they seems fine going 1vs1 while they could go 3vs1 or at least stay here and step in if needed instead of just saying stupid stuff to say "let's go somewhere else" ! Yeah, useful~

Hopefully the manga will fix all of this nonsense :)
Oct 22, 2017 1:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Frieza is still savage as ever.

Poor Cabba, well SSJ2 couldn't even hurt Frieza currently after all.

Still it kinda irritated me a bit that the fat women is as strong as Perfect Cell.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 22, 2017 2:12 AM
Dec 2016
Cabba getting SSJ2 was amazing. Also I get that piccolo and Gohan need to save energy, but I hate how slow they go against weaker characters, his mystic form was shown to go head to head with SSB even though Goku might have been holding back. Gohan should just one shot all the plebs and leave the others to Goku and Vegeta.
Oct 22, 2017 2:19 AM

Sep 2016
have a feeling freeza will also kill steal caulifa and kale
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 22, 2017 3:00 AM

Sep 2014
wow, for some reason this felt like one of the best DBS episodes ever. Nice throwback to old DB(Z), Vegeta as a teacher. Nice!

Next week SSJ3, nice!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 22, 2017 3:32 AM
Oct 2015
Meanwhile, Jiren is just chilling, I seriously cannot wait until he gets up and starts fighting again. Since they reannounced the rules I got a feeling that Universe 7 will win by numbers not by knocking every off.
Heckle was here...
Oct 22, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
Monna crushing Cabba with her butt multiple times was quite a weird move.

I liked the interaction of Vegeta and Cabba, and I'm glad Cabba got eliminated right away, otherwise their moment would have been weird, knowing that they might interact even more. This was good like this.

We saw those robots in action. They look extremely weak to me, and very "cheap" characters. Perhaps they're going to fuse. This theory's been on the internet for a while. Individually they look like trash.

I loved that savage moment of Toppo. I'd rather see Toppo vs Vegeta next week, instead of that saiyan sparring. I'm really curious of Vegeta has some sort of new form, or new technique he can use against Toppo. Toppo is stronger than blue, so there should be something. Maybe perfect blue form like in the manga, or Vegeta just got significantly stronger than Goku in blue form.

I'm glad next week Goku will have the strength for SSJ3 already. I know that form is stamina-draining, but for a short time, for teaching purpose, I'm completely fine with it.

According to the preview there's going to be nothing else in the next episode, but their fight. I do hope other things might happens as well, because I don't really care about the asspull powers of the U6 saiyans.

23 minutes and 28 fighters left by the way.
Oct 22, 2017 3:57 AM

Feb 2013
Frieza ruined the cool moment.
Vegeta will revive everyone with the dragon balls, really nice.
Oct 22, 2017 4:14 AM

Oct 2016
Gnowmickly said:
Cabba's achievement:
SSJ2 - Unlocked
Final Flash - Unlocked
Garlick Gun - Unlocked
Beaten by Golden Frieza (New card collection)
Not bad, not bad at all.

U6 desaturated Namekians vs Gohan & Piccolo, the battle feel so old school,
I like it.

Toppo VS Vegeta, battle of the second fiddle, should be fun.
(Toppo is stronger than Blue+KK right?)

Pretty sure a Blue should be good enough to beat Toppo.
Oct 22, 2017 4:26 AM

Apr 2016
Well done Frieza. Thank God there are still characters in this anime that know what this tournament is about. Why the f**k Vegeta helped that stupid idiot?
Finally Goku will fight those stupid Saiyans from Univers 6.. Just f**k them already.. They are the most annoying characters in this anime.. More annoying that Goku and Vegeta

Oct 22, 2017 7:55 AM

Feb 2016

Toppo's savage level is over 9000!
Oct 22, 2017 8:13 AM

May 2015
So Cabba get SSJ2. I don't care about sayians anymore .;(

At least next episode is gonna be better.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 22, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
joshua10red said:
Well done Frieza. Thank God there are still characters in this anime that know what this tournament is about.

This. It feels like no one besides Freeza cares about winning at all. They just fight for the sake of wanting to fight.

"There's this Goku guy who could match the strongest guy in the tournament."
U11: Nah he's out of stamina, just keep him around so he can come back as a threat again.

"Goku is getting kicked around by 3 robots"
Gohan: Nah he'll be fine.

"Our universe has the lowest number of fighters"
Jiren: Who cares, I'm gonna meditate.

And from the preview
"I'm completely out of stamina, but I'll go SS3, the useless form that drains more stamina than my best form, just so that I can have an exciting fight."

I have been liking the tournament so far, but the last 2-3 episodes jumped the shark for me.
Oct 22, 2017 11:01 AM

Oct 2016
The Toriyama-style robots remember me much of Chrono Trigger's Robo. Makes me imagine that Crono's planet belongs to Universe 3, and the robots are manufactured there in the future.
Oct 22, 2017 11:43 AM
Sep 2014
This was a decent episode, not as good as the special or the Jiren vs Hit episode but decent enough to be enjoyable.

I liked the tidbits of the fight with Saonel and Pilina, it was only a small moment but Piccolo being excited at how strong the Namekians were was a really cool moment imo. I'm hoping they get more screentime, in fact can Gohan & Piccolo vs Universe 6 Namekians just take over the next few episodes? Seriously, I'm more interested in seeing them go at it than in seeing more Saiyan vs Saiyan fights.

Cabba and Vegeta's interactions were pretty nice. Cabba continued to feel like a mix of Gohan and Vegeta especially after he got SSJ2 and how he managed to beat Monna. Frieza continues to be a highlight in this tournament. His mental training must have given him a boost outside his Golden Form, he was stomping Cabba with ease before either of them transformed. I half expected Toppo vs Frieza but having him fight Vegeta seems pretty expected as well.

Vegeta should have just thrown himself out of bounds after that burn, damn the only way for him to save face now is to beat Jiren and that's definitely not gonna happen.

The artwork was pretty nice this episode, everyone looked pretty good. I'm in the minority but when she's drawn well Kale's base design looks a lot better than Caulifla's imo. I'm not entirely eager at Goku rematching Caulifla. Speaking of which it seems weird how they were stressing that Goku was exhausted and needed rest and yet two in-universe moments later he'll be able to use SSJ3. This'll most likely lead to Caulifla getting SSJ3 herself, meh...
GolenKenOct 22, 2017 11:54 AM
Oct 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
Good episode. Cabba and Vegeta got more screentime which was nice. Also seeing Cabba transforming into SS2 brought back some memories.

That Toppo roast was pretty funny. I can imagine that most of the people here had the same reaction :D

I had a feeling what Freezer wanted to do with the super dragonballs but now it's confirmed. Poor Cabba after a pretty hard fight there was never a chance for him to win against Freezer.

Caulifla got her energy back and now we will see a rematch with Goku. Looking forward to see SS3 next week :)

Oct 22, 2017 6:55 PM

Jun 2017
I like how they made Jiren sit on top of a rock instead of floating (and breaking the rules) in the previous episode XD.
Oct 22, 2017 10:12 PM
Jun 2011
robiu013 said:
overall an okay episode;

The Universe 6 Namekians still don't have anything about them other than that they're Namekian. They hardly even had any speaking parts.
I call bullshit on Cabba's Super Saiyan 2 form. Obviously there was no tingly feeling involved, he jut got angry. That's all.
Seemingly the show as well just went with Cabba copying Vegeta moves. Don't remember, that being the case before. Thought they only did that in Dragon Ball Fusions.

Another thing, that's worrying me is that there's still too many Universe 7 characters in the tournament. Don't really know how they will all get their moment to shine, with the enemies constantly depleting. They might just use them as fodder for some big boss, but that's not really a good scenario, is it?
I kind of wanted to see some cleverly choreographed 2 on 1 fight of Vegeta and Goku against Jiren as the climax of this arc. But I feel with Goku getting a new power up and not Vegeta, that might be out of the question.
i actully fine with cabba turning sayian unlike those 2 girls since he did it during battle and from anger
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.