Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2017 5:32 PM
Aug 2010
It seems to me the whole conflict could have been solved by renting or borrowing a couple of cars and asking a couple of parents/siblings to drive them. Chicka's sisters clearly drove to support them; are you telling me that they wouldn't be willing to drive a larger car to help the group out?
Oct 26, 2017 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, boy! Two performances in one episode! I couldn't have asked for more! Although trying to make both stages would have been possible other ways but I am okay since it added a bit of spice to the story!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 26, 2017 8:45 PM

Apr 2017
I almost took a nap whilst watching this episode. I hope they would turn it better next time.
Oct 28, 2017 3:08 AM
Dec 2012
Did they just pull a 'Happy Party Train' reference?
Very beautiful costume that 110% made specifically for Dia.
Also, that Riko scene.
Oct 28, 2017 5:16 AM

Sep 2013
Chikariko too strong.
Oct 29, 2017 7:21 AM

Mar 2009
Whoa. They looked gorgeous in their new costumes, especially Dia and Mari.

Great episode.
Nov 2, 2017 12:45 PM

Nov 2011
Very funny the narrative, the scene among the Mandarini trees, reminds me of a certain movie. The graphics quality is exceptional, did you see how the laterices covering the roof of Chika's house were well-replicated?

There is no .GIF better than this to show how fun and beautiful this episode was. What anime represents .GIF, if I can ask?
Nov 10, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Started off great: creating the dilemma between the school and the preliminaries
And then kinda stabbed itself by still doing both in the end.
Why is it that every time, in any movie or show, when the characters are forced to make a decision between 2 important things, there always has to be a miracle?
Nov 26, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
Well it's anime, so I don't expect everything to be realistic but.. oh well

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 1, 2017 12:09 AM
Nov 2017
it is first episode in this series which I like it. Previous episodes are not good since the 1st season. Love Live! school idol project both season and movie are good compared to them this new series is shit
Jan 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Sep 2012
their ideas how to make it in time lol

at the end, that was like roller-coaster ride lol
Apr 18, 2018 2:57 AM

Jul 2008
I enjoyed the episode a lot, because the girls are hilarious. Yoshiko pulling the lottery was great.

But...a lot of stuff just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand the desire to perform at both venues, but Love Live is obviously the better choice if they must only do one. Like Dia says, if their main goal is reaching the most potential applicants, Love Live makes them more visible. Any girls visiting the open house would already be interested in the school to some degree.

Also, there are nine members of Aqours, and as the last season showed, the entire school is willing to help them when it gets rough. Is there not two or three parents who could volunteer to carpool the girls from one venue to the other? Or they could use a taxi. I know the mikan farm girl who ended up helping them is a classmate, but there had to be more simple/direct ways.

Finally...(lol), what was with the fakeout? In little flashbacks we show Chika, Riko, and You figuring out a plan to get from LL to the school. But the show makes it seem like only 5 girls are going to perform. Then all the girls act shocked when Chika is showing them after the performance how they are going to get to the school. Why wasn't this discussed with all the members? Or why didn't they all get in on the plan? It is annoying when the show so lazily tries to tug at your emotions and make situations more dramatic than they need to be.
Jan 27, 2019 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
the part where they all hard oranges in their mouth lol
Jun 16, 2019 3:55 PM
Sep 2009
Wait, if Chika's sister managed to teleportate from one location to another on time, why couldn't they? 0_o
Sep 29, 2019 9:01 AM

Aug 2013
Loved the girls' outfit during the song. The song itself was good.

Good thing the girls were able to make it to the open house.

Nov 7, 2019 8:34 PM
Apr 2018
I like the determination to perform at both places but... Chika's sis could've drove the girls. This was similar to the blizzard part before the preliminaries in the original, only that easier to resolve, and I even think S1's wasn't an actual problem. Whatever...

Incredibly stunning costumes for My Mai tonight, probably the prettiest and styliest ones the series have shown so far. However, I liked the exhibition song better.

Pretty funny episode.
Jun 5, 2020 6:50 AM

May 2016
I knew that things were going to go wrong for them the moment Yoshiko stepped on the stage as their representative because of her abysmal luck but I'm quite surprised that a good booty slap from Hanamaru managed to turn her luck around even once lmao

It's great that they were able to sing both songs they've come up with in the previous episode here. My Mai Tonight was awesome (Dia looked gorgeous leaning against the wall ♡) and everyone's outfits in Kimi no Kokoro were really adorable. I've listened to these songs a lot in the games but the MVs definitely gave me a new perspective on them.

They probably didn't want to trouble anyone as much as possible but it looked like they could've hitched a ride on the Takami Truck to save a lot of time and energy instead of boarding the Happy Party Mikan Picker then jogging back to school. All that trouble they've went through to achieve both goals will help improve their cardio for future performances to be fair~

Sep 15, 2020 7:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
When you think every plan you had just perfectly came as smooth as a toll road, something shit always happened to block the succession rate. Thats the same thing happened to the girls of Uranohoshi. The open houses events for their school promotion constrained by a heavy rain that hit their area made the surrounding path went broken. With that situations, the event was postponed until it coincided with the second Love Live elimination stages that they participated in the next week. What a shit situations. Muses had hit it before, and ofc the girls from Uranohoshi got a worsen conditions like, yeah, its a must for them to develop!

However, as i thought, there were always a way to Rome. There were always a way to be a shines, after getting another inspirations in the middle of a long sighed. Thanks to the rainbow in the twilight, Chika had its motivations again. I just loved that sceneries. Because its reflected their future scenes in their movie. Damn, thats the real situations in before eh? Unbeliavable that i enjoyed it so much, with a mixed feeling!

Yoshiko, once again, took my attention at most of the time. First when she gave an advice by taking her angel wings. Then, when she took a part ar the lottery scene. She looks hilarious when taking a lottery. Ofc she failed it, and her reaction was just too funny for me to be handle afterwards xD

Two performance in a row. Their costumes there were surely outstanding, far better than the previous one, i believed. Its reflected their ellegance, their sexiness, and the aura of happiness, both of their costume. The scenes when they took off their running uniform give me a sudden choke. I pretty much enjoyed it, while the songs itself had an okay vibes. Nothing great, but its certainly held in a good level of my satisfaction.

Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 19, 2021 4:04 AM

Feb 2020
Despite the inconsistencies and the goofy moments, it was probably the best episode from LL Sunshine so far. Two nice performances in a one episode. Those costumes were very beautiful. Dia looked especially pretty. <3
Nov 16, 2021 8:54 AM

Nov 2017
Guess they couldn't really choose after all!~ I'm so happy they were able to make it for both though.

Dia gassin' up her little sister! Like, yes please! They're such good sisters to each other!

That roller coaster ride was funny too
Mar 29, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2022
Good episode, loved Dia's costume in the love live qualifiers performance and both performances were really good

I really wasn't expecting either love live quals or the school open house to happen this episode, I thought they were gonna leave it till next episode lmao
May 4, 2023 8:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode was one of those times in Love Live where something seems physically impossible but LL girls just do LL girl things and do it anyway.

Also they totally could have been driven to the open house but I guess the dramatics are too good to pass up lol, and getting two songs in one episode was pretty awesome, I liked the first song the most.
Mar 19, 3:10 PM
Oct 2022
While still asking a lot from my suspension of disbelief (still notably more than the original series ever asked), this episode was enjoyable too! We were spoiled with two songs. My Mai Tonight was amazing! I feel aquors has a lot more fan service (specifically Chika butt shots) this season and more than LL has ever had in general, and as someone who just wants to root for these kids, I’m not a fan of it. I hope they dial it back and get more respectful of these school idols. I know fan service in hs settings isn’t a rare thing in fiction, but I don’t enjoy content like that and am disappointed it feels like LL is trying to lean more toward it.
Anyways, I think the opening sequence of creating a new obstacle instead of following up the last episode’s trend of building the group together or working on more idol related things, tapping back into the dreaded school drama that bogs the show down, I was really nervous about the rest of the episode. I’m glad the rest of the episode ended up having sufficient idol shenanigans like the lottery and the actual performances. I still feel like a lot of the actual idol content keeps being treated like an afterthought to the school drama since the whole first half of the episode the school drama was pushing in the way, but they seem to be getting closer as a band, and I appreciate that. Definitely looking forward to a Dia episode next since LL has always been good at character dive episodes like Nozomi, Nico, and Rin’s. May they give her more depth like those girls once received!

EDIT: I’m so glad everyone else was confused why aquors didnt just ride in the Takami Truck haha~ Also the comments about how Chika had a plan to get back to the school in time but didn’t tell the 4 who didn’t originally join, I totally understand the confusion and how that scene was just to set up unease and ‘team solidarity’ even though it just shows poor team communication. Additionally, how did the other 4 show up on the bus that only comes every 3 hours if not on the SAME bus as the 5? Wouldn’t they have seen the other 4 snuck out to join them on the bus ride there? Weird holes that the show itself unnecessarily makes to garner more emotional beats when there’s more than enough crammed in this one episode.
JoJoLaRowMar 19, 3:17 PM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

127 by andreyxlx »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.