Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Do you prefer the new or old art style

Oct 21, 2017 10:26 AM

Lolimancer said:
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
Fight ??? Didn't know about that. Give me the details dude. Is it about how he fucked up the 3rd season ??

Ishibumi wanted to try and work out a way to make the season a bit longer than usual, to fit in volumes 5-7, but the director got overconfident and went to change the content and combine the three volumes into the monstrosity known as BorN. He went against both a producer and Ishibumi to do so, then refused to change anything, and then had the nerve to tell Ishibumi that he was gonna script the episodes with that new content. That's why High School DxD EX was made and bundled with the BDs, to retcon the season as alternate timeline bullshit. Ishibumi had enough when the season ended, apologized to fans and got Kadokawa involved, and most likely they decided to let go of TNK and the whole old staff, and thus here we are now.
Well fuck, now it makes sense why Born was disastrous compared to its prequels. Now for some reason I'm glad that TNK is out of the game although I didn't have any problem with the new art style to begin with. Thanks for the info mate.

Oct 21, 2017 10:34 AM
fanservice<3

Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

Idk why ppl are complaining when they can beat their meat
Normies. They don't know what "pleasure" is. Anime is already in progress, complaining here ain't gonna do a shit. Fuck everyone, I'm waiting for my "ara ara" and "uhuhu" girl, as long as she is there, I'm more than satisfied !!

i fell you bruh

Greninja_170 said:
This new art style should allow for more fluid animation(I hope). The old art style looked stiff imo.

thats not the only fluid this is gonna allow ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 21, 2017 10:36 AM

DoctorWasabi said:
severely disappointed that after waiting for so long we get this. This art looks more moe than mature/erotic

*sigh* why u do this to us animu gods

EXACTLY!!! They all look like they got a lot younger. The art style is definitely too cutesy for my tastes, but hey, more DxD is always a good thing in my book so...

Oct 21, 2017 1:55 PM
i think it looks perfectly fine

Oct 21, 2017 2:40 PM

I'm not sure about the new art, Passione is not a bad studio at least. The new artstyle looks... different though... in a weird way. But not really bad, still rather clean. Will judge it after I watched at least the first episode.

I'm just happy as fuck that another season got greenlighted though :3

Oct 21, 2017 3:40 PM

I was hoping for this one the new art wasn't bad nor good either. will ecchi genre rise again?? More tiddies, more fun!
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Oct 21, 2017 4:10 PM

Tbh, I think I'm going to watch High School DxD now. There is only one thing that is keeping me from watching that show, and it seems like it's been solved here. So i Just have to buckle down for 3 seasons.

Oct 21, 2017 6:00 PM

Oct 21, 2017 6:07 PM
When it comes to changing art styles I'm actually critic about it. But for some reason watching the teaser doesn't make me feel weird or unnatural about it.

Maybe because I just really love HS DxD or probably because I read the LN(it's closer to the LN art style but moe'd a bit).

So yeah, I'm HYPE AF.

Oct 21, 2017 7:30 PM

I REALLY LOVE THE OLD ART STYLE. THE NEW ONE LOOKS LIKE A FANMADE HENTAI PARODY 😕

Oct 21, 2017 7:45 PM
The important is we have this project on works.

Oct 22, 2017 12:36 AM
Honestly, I don't really like the new art of highschool dxd, but I still thankful that this anime finally get new season soon..

Oct 22, 2017 3:25 AM

I have some response to why the new visual is different and the reason is due to VN. Though new style looks different to the VN and the older visual stands out more in every level.

To summarize just now:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 22, 2017 9:58 AM

asia became a blob
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Oct 22, 2017 10:29 AM
Well, the old one was better for Anime. In my opinion, Light Novel art style is poor and new season art style just look like shit. Maybe I used to see the old one it looks awful to me. Yeah that is true, the studio has changed. I dont have a lotof information, but probably it was because of the stupid story line and enormous failure of the third season. Even though, I didnt like this new style, as long as new studio did their work and follow the story of light novel that is OK. However, I am really worried about this studio, not only because of new style, but also the history of this studio. they are a new studio and they always make only one season. Rail wars wasn't that bad, but they didn't continue it. + Rokka no yusha was really great and everybody loved it. However, they didnt continue it either! SO am really worried that it will be the last season of DxD.

Oct 22, 2017 10:41 AM

Having a new art style so late in the series can change the whole mood, but in reality we only care about the ecchi displayed for our eyes to feast on

Oct 22, 2017 1:26 PM
i dont like the new style as much as the old one because the old one just had more........ life and detail to it, you could clearly see the boobs with the old style and the new one .......just .... feels a little rushed also some changes were made to the characters they look different Rais, Asia, Akeno, everyone looks different, its weird. The old one definitely had more detail to color, light effects and the new one just doesn't feel right, like i said it feels rushed. The new style just doesn't fit, but lets hope it doesn't ruin the anime but i really hope that in the next season (after this one) that they will go back to the old style.

Oct 22, 2017 1:35 PM

I don't dislike the new style, from what I've seen I do think it looks good. But yes, I definitely prefer the old style, but these things just happen.

DxD being one of my favourites I'm still hyped for this. Hope this studio lives up to DxD's plot and PLOT.

Oct 22, 2017 4:18 PM

I do prefer the old style, the way the characters were drawn in the anime looked nice, and this new style, I don't hate it, it's just not for me. I feel like this is similar to what happened to Maken-ki! between the first and second season with a big change to the art and animation.

Oct 22, 2017 5:40 PM

The female characters look even sexier, thats whats important so this artstyle is good.

Oct 22, 2017 10:24 PM

I'm a huge HSDxD fan and I can honestly say I'm not a fan of it. As for the argument that it's closer to the LN art? Yea I'm inclined to agree.

My problem with the art is that after seeing the same style for 3 seasons and multiple OVAs spanning over 5 years, the particular style just grows on you when it never changes. And now we're presented with a drastic change to the character designs and overall look.

It's completely unlike say, Dagashi Kashi, or Oregairu, where the art is changing/changed after just one season, and overall the changes are/were pretty minimal. Yuru Yuri did the same thing and the changes weren't overly dramatic. It's also not like To Love Ru where the art gradually evolved and improved from season to season from the beginning all the way till Darkness 2nd.

The one thing I don't really get though is why? Sure it was common knowledge that Ishibumi got into a massive fight with the director, and Ishibumi even said if he had another chance to have another season done that it would be done right. I can completely understand shit-canning the director, I can even understand changing studios since TNK went low budget AF for BorN. What I don't get is why shit-can all of the other staff as well? Y'know, Junji Gotou, the character designer and the animation director from the original, it's not like he did anything wrong. He didn't direct the show or choose for it to be low budget; and bringing staff in to studios to work on projects is uh...commonplace.

So I'm just a bit bothered that they decided to burn every bridge entirely when the problem was only the director. I don't know why they couldn't sign him on for this project. My other problem is with their choice in new director. Studio Passione seems to have decided to appoint from within and use their director from Railwars. Not sure why they would do that when Railwars was a financial disaster for them, and Passione has suffered literally nothing but financial disasters since they started. A risky move from a studio that I wouldn't be slightly surprised if they declared bankruptcy in the next few years. Hell securing this franchise and making it a success might be the only thing keeping them afloat now.

But I digress. When all is said and done, I'll still watch it regardless of the art. Its not like the art looks ugly, so eventually it'll just be something my eyes get used to. As long as the story doesn't get any more fucked up it'll be fine. Now, if they decide to change the voice cast? Then I'm absolutely 100% fucking dropping that shit like an obese corpse. Luckily I doubt that will happen because at the announcement festival event thing Hikasa Yoko was the speaking entertainment, and in the announcement PV there were no voices except for Kaji Kaji yelling OPPAI HERO!!
Modified by Jonesy974, Oct 22, 2017 10:27 PM

Oct 22, 2017 11:42 PM
I get that new art is more like the LN art, but how does that make it better than previous seasons art? I don't get why is this even an argument in support of new art. In similar manner, I can go on to say that the season 1-3 art was more like mobbage cards art, and who the fuck doesn't love mobbage cards?

I started DxD at the beginning of this year itself, and I first finished reading all 21 translated LNs and only afterwards I watched anime seasons 1-3. Honestly I felt like the art in anime was an upgrade from LNs as it should be, because what's the point of making anime if u are just using LN designs, we already have manga for that. Following LN story-wise is more than enough for anime.

Oct 23, 2017 1:28 AM

Definitely the old artstyle. Making a change after three seasons was not reasonable. Also: dafuq happened to Rias', no - everyone's hair? Seriously, wtf?

Oct 23, 2017 4:30 AM

If they don't screw with the uncensored then they're fine with me...

Oct 23, 2017 4:35 AM

I´m only one who had problem to identify Koneko and Issei in new art ?:D but to answer on the question which one is better I need to watch some episodes anyway I´m happy for new session :)

Oct 23, 2017 9:04 AM

I'd happily wait 4 years for TNK to make another season. Passione are going to butcher the franchise - DxD will be finished at this rate.

Does anyone know why the studios switched?

Oct 23, 2017 10:05 AM
ToyPrince said:
I'd happily wait 4 years for TNK to make another season. Passione are going to butcher the franchise - DxD will be finished at this rate.

Does anyone know why the studios switched?

The old director got fired after BorN. During that process, he disobeyed a producer and the author, then got tons of hate on Twitter, as the Japanese called BorN irredeemable garbage. Then the old character designer got into arguments because internal discussions pointed out that his quality had declined since season 1, and the Japanese fanbase agreed that it looked too old and low quality, and that a design overhaul was needed. TNK in general got let go by Kadokawa after this, and that the studio was in financial trouble because DxD was the only successful thing they ever made, yet they managed to make BorN look bad.

TNK is never coming back and they very well may shut down in the near future. And they won't feel the need to switch studios again because the new character designs have been pretty well received by the Japanese fanbase, most notably liking the similarity to Miyama-Zero's art style.

Oct 23, 2017 10:24 AM

The artstyle is more in sync with the Light Novel ones.I don't actually mind the change after the shitfest that was called BoRN

Oct 23, 2017 11:00 AM

Ah, thank you for the response - it makes a lot of sense. It's true that the 3rd season wasn't up to scratch but am I naive in thinking that season 2 was a breakthrough with the DxD franchise? I find it strange that it was given to Passione considering that they aren't a strong studio either.

Oct 23, 2017 2:04 PM
The first one is always the best.
This new animation look a little bit childish

Oct 25, 2017 12:11 PM

tormentor_obelix said:
The first one is always the best.
This new animation look a little bit childish

Basically this. Certain characters just looks totally different from original and less sexy if I admit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 25, 2017 6:04 PM
Not a fan of the new look mainly bc it kinda looks dumb (my perspective dont hate me) and it just doesnt seem right

Oct 25, 2017 10:20 PM

Im still hyped AF, but that new art looks sorta off. Who knows though, maybe we'll all just get used to it sooner or later. Rias and Akeno looks kinda off though compared to their old designs. With this new art style everything looks "cuter" and as a result only Koneko, Rossweisse and maybe Asia looks better because of this art style change while everyone else looks like a downgrade.

Yes, this art looks more the LN art, but that sorta art style doesn't seem suited for anime.

Who cares though taste is subjective.
Modified by lazypigz, Oct 25, 2017 10:23 PM

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Oct 26, 2017 12:31 PM
It..... Is not Koneko..... No more to say

Oct 26, 2017 6:57 PM

To be perfectly honest, the art style was always kinda generic. It just seems like they're upgrading to the current "generic" (maybe a bit SAO-ish?) look.

That being said, I do still prefer the old art style and it will be missed. But that's just nostalgia speaking until the season rolls out, then we'll see how it actually holds up.

Oct 27, 2017 2:28 PM

waiting 2 hate till i see it in full hd not in this crappy youtube converted shit.

Oct 27, 2017 2:48 PM
I personally prefer the older artstyle. Not the biggest fan of the new designs, HOWEVER, given the circumstances and information that I got because of the decision, I think it would most likely be given a chance of course.

It's a matter of getting used to and I think it's also a matter of seeing how they manage it. I think this can be described as the S&M effect, where the style was changed entirely in favor of animation, and to be honest yes DxD's previous seasons looked good, but as the seasons passed the designs weren't really competent to this decade, or era where the designs are smoother in favor of that. So just like S&M I think I'll get used to these designs, except for S&M I liked the artstyle overall, but still applies regardless.

Understandable enough hopefully DxD Hero becomes better than BorN, because while I still did enjoyed it, it was by far the weakest entry of the series imo.

Oct 27, 2017 3:06 PM
Ribbit

I like the new one much better, I feel like the characters look so much nicer now. The old art style looked kinda, how should I put it, like antiquated. Not sure that's quite what I'm trying to say, but like, the new one looks fluid and modern and overall appealing to the eyes, while the old one was more harsh.

Oct 27, 2017 3:48 PM

Looks so moeish type.And female characters look like character from Kanokon.

Oct 27, 2017 4:08 PM

All I need to say is Xenovia looks hotter in the older one. That's my point in this matter.

Oct 28, 2017 4:13 AM
Looks like a discount Xebec. Awful.

Oct 28, 2017 9:02 AM
Forever Fearless

The new style is good. As long as the voice actors are the same, I don't really prefer one over the other.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Oct 28, 2017 4:30 PM

koneko looks like crap the rest look okay with the new art style...

Oct 28, 2017 10:13 PM

i prefer the new art style tbh, but as long as i get issei vs Saiarog i wont care

Oct 29, 2017 6:08 AM

Razerrey said:
koneko looks like crap the rest look okay with the new art style...

Yeah but the new style, I think every1 has changed except for Issei

Oct 29, 2017 7:08 AM

I prefer the new one because they wear shorter skirt

But the hair style was better on the old one

Oct 29, 2017 11:19 AM
All i can say is #notmyrias

Oct 30, 2017 11:17 AM

I like the new one better. It feels like we can see much more difference depending on which video quality we prefer. The last visual showed little to no difference in quality, be it 480p or 1080p

Oct 30, 2017 10:25 PM

I agree with many others who say this style is more moe than ecchi. The old designs were really sharp and detailed, which brought out the best of each girl's appeal. Most of the characters look really different and kinda chubbyish to me, and their hair is a complete no. They say its the same studio that did Rail Wars, but even that looks a bit more sharper than this. Also reminds me of the art transitions between the seasons of Maken ki, which completely ruined Himegami for me. Still a longtime fan who'll watch tho.

Oct 30, 2017 11:21 PM

Lolimancer said:

Ishibumi wanted to try and work out a way to make the season a bit longer than usual, to fit in volumes 5-7, but the director got overconfident and went to change the content and combine the three volumes into the monstrosity known as BorN. He went against both a producer and Ishibumi to do so, then refused to change anything, and then had the nerve to tell Ishibumi that he was gonna script the episodes with that new content. That's why High School DxD EX was made and bundled with the BDs, to retcon the season as alternate timeline bullshit. Ishibumi had enough when the season ended, apologized to fans and got Kadokawa involved, and most likely they decided to let go of TNK and the whole old staff, and thus here we are now.
Why that has anything to do with TNK? It's just the director, they can just change the director and retain the old staff.
Or at least retain the studio, character designers and animators. That's just stupid in all levels.
With that, his work just gonna get dragged to bottom because he handed it over to a studio and staff with bad reputations.
Haters always gonna hate.

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »