Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Do you prefer the new or old art style

May 8, 2018 10:22 AM
Those Blu-Ray pre order numbers. So good. I can't wait for Issei's new form to show up and he fights Cao Cao. Honestly, I wonder if all the people that are complaining about the changes are still gonna keep whining when we get the climax of both of the arcs.

There are also people hoping that the new series will fail because of the changes they made. Like seriously? Can't wait to see their reactions when we get to the fight in volume 10 and those blu ray sales skyrocket.

May 8, 2018 11:14 AM
I dont care. Im just glad they are continuing the story.

May 13, 2018 5:33 PM

The new art style is closer to the novels, fights look a lot more dynamic now, and it fits a lot more to the DxD atmosphere...I personally love it

May 14, 2018 10:55 AM
Out of the 5 episodes studio passione released 01 had the best style. You can see they they tried their best, they had something to prove, and a chip on their shoulder, legit. After that the quality went down. I don’t want this to fail, I just want them to put in more effort, 5 episodes of theirs, only 1 demonstrated their abilities as a studio. TNK had shitty angles, and less frames in their actions sequences, but the rest of the show was more immersive. No offense to anyone, but I just want file down the chins of everyone in the show.

If you noticed in episode S401, they made an effort to fix scythe-like jaws of some of the characters, then 02 we see it again.

I think TNK’s art is the ‘new’ style, way before its time. I can’t bear to call it old, because it isn’t, technically. The stuff passione is doing has been seen for the past decade or so. Other studios put it more effort to polish, passione don’t, except episode 01.
Modified by KazeNoHimitsu, May 14, 2018 11:02 AM

May 14, 2018 11:01 AM

KazeNoHimitsu said:
Out of the 5 episodes studio passione released 01 had the best style. You can see they they tried their best, they had something to prove, and a chip on their shoulder, legit. After that the quality went down. I don’t want this to fail, I just want them to put in more effort, 5 episodes of theirs, only 1 demonstrated their abilities as a studio. TNK had shitty angles, and less frames in their actions sequences, but the rest of the show was more immersive. No offense to anyone, but I just want file down the chins of everyone in the show.

If you noticed in episode 01, they made an effort to fix scythe-like jaws of some of the characters, then 02 we see it again.

I think TNK’s art is the ‘new’ style, way before its time. I can’t bear to call it old, because it isn’t, technically. The stuff passione is doing has been seen for the past decade or so. Other studios put it more effort to polish, passione don’t, except episode 01.

TNK's art was generic as all sin

May 14, 2018 11:08 AM
Darklight0303 said:
KazeNoHimitsu said:

If you noticed in episode 01, they made an effort to fix scythe-like jaws of some of the characters, then 02 we see it again.

The people in this thread have spoken bub, 1300 want TNK’s style back for a reason. Not even 1/3 like this gruel. Do you think この素晴らしい異世界‘s style is generic? What other anime do you think have good art styles? I’m curious, please tell me No Game No Life is another generic style.

May 14, 2018 11:13 AM

KazeNoHimitsu said:
Darklight0303 said:

The people in this thread have spoken bub, 1300 want TNK’s style back for a reason. Not even 1/3 like this gruel. Do you think この素晴らしい異世界‘s style is generic? What other anime do you think have good art styles? I’m curious, please tell me No Game No Life is another generic style.

No they haven't bub. This thread was made before even episode 0 aired and there was only the preview.

The character designer for TNK did daimidaler too

NOW YOU TELL ME WHO CAN'T DRAW FOR SHIT. THIS IS TRULY AVANTGARDE AND AHEAD OF ITS TIME RIGHT?
Modified by Darklight0303, May 14, 2018 11:25 AM

May 14, 2018 12:18 PM
Just ignore posts trying to use outdated poll like that. Let them take refuge in those meaningless number.

Because the only poll that matter is the JP one and the author's vote.

May 14, 2018 12:20 PM
Darklight0303 said:
KazeNoHimitsu said:

No they haven't bub. This thread was made before even episode 0 aired and there was only the preview.

The character designer for TNK did daimidaler too

NOW YOU TELL ME WHO CAN'T DRAW FOR SHIT. THIS IS TRULY AVANTGARDE AND AHEAD OF ITS TIME RIGHT?

The Anime you posted is truly beautiful. Is that what you like? But you haven’t answered my question what if No Game No Life? What are your favorites?

May 14, 2018 12:36 PM
KazeNoHimitsu said:

The Anime you posted is truly beautiful. Is that what you like? But you haven’t answered my question what if No Game No Life? What are your favorites?

Define generic and unique. Most anime design artist tend to have some notable flair, making it easy for fan to recognize their work, but at the same time nothing that special.

The designer of Gundam Seed/Fafner for example, is very easy to spot out of several anime, but just as many have decried that style as generic and same-face.

TNK designer for DxD has a recognizable flair, but ultimately he's not unique. Same with NGNL or Konosuba.

I actually like the design of TNK. Can't say the same for the director's treatment of DxD.
I also like the design of Hero. Been a fan of him since Gravion.
Both are still generic though.

Unique in my book... tends to be something like this:

Modified by Riverlia, May 14, 2018 12:39 PM

May 16, 2018 2:39 PM

It's fine. I never thought Rias could get any prettier lol <3

May 22, 2018 8:32 PM

Half-way through the season, and I am finally used to the new art. The only remaining problem: most of the girls aren't attractive in their new guises. Kunou is cute. Serafall looks ok (but I can never figure out who she is until someone calls her by name). Koneko and Asia have become double-butt ugly. The rest are plain janes. I am praying that best-girl Ravel is better when she appears.

They do seem to do better with male character designs: I don't have any complaints there. But DxD needs artists who can draw attractive females.

May 22, 2018 8:59 PM

I prefer de old art style but i have no issues with the new one, for me its the same boobs bouncing i watch ecchi for fun.

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories"

May 22, 2018 9:12 PM
I just hope that this season finishes strong to get season season 5 announced soon at least

DXD FOREVER

May 23, 2018 4:31 AM
Old art was better fullstop

May 23, 2018 4:47 AM

Kingish1000 said:

Keep telling yourself that

May 23, 2018 5:48 AM
Kingish1000 said:
You mean the old character design? Yes, They are absolutely stunning. But the animation is stiff and looks like a GIF sometimes with no fluent actions except for the Boobies bouncing and Season 1-3's ending credits.

The New Art are more focus on it's animation and the characters are not so hard-detailed like the previous ones but still look beautiful and attractive as well. You just need an eye that is so discerning to these things...

May 23, 2018 6:16 AM
has everyone found out that the series is just not about naked girls and is more about hot-blooded battles and relationships between the characters.

May 23, 2018 12:41 PM
@Mattinator95 That's the reason why I started reading LN (back then).

I might have some questions, aiming for the same, regarding my post at msg55324264 (since I only received one negative, one neutral result):
  1. How can ... supposed to be transparent hair, psychedelic eyes, (a thick line as nose), and an award mouth: position as well as gesture, so current Koneko be cute? Crazy piggy might be my best nickname for her in that shot. (Vol9, New Life, P2 on original - imo no direction to LN but further away to awkwardness)
  2. [b]Have I lost any sense on what's cute, also the creator (LN source), and is this what's supposed to be cute nowadays? (I could ask, if just "younger members" might be answering, but i'd rly like the opinion on that question, so .. plz)
  3. Can you give me any tips to ignore things like that (if you at least understand my point of view)?

(I'd like to to know, if you've read the LN, if not since when (year) you've started watching the anime.)
Modified by tekadobada, May 23, 2018 2:01 PM

May 23, 2018 1:31 PM
tekadobada said:

I might have some questions, aiming for the same, regarding my post at msg55324264 (since I only received one negative, one neutral result):
  1. How can ... supposed to be transparent hair, psychedelic eyes, (a thick line as nose), and an award mouth: position as well as gesture be cute? Crazy piggy might be my best nickname for her in that shot. (Vol9, New Life, P2 on original - imo no direction to LN but further away to awkwardness)
  2. Have I lost any sense on what's cute, also the creator (LN source), and is this what's supposed to be cute nowadays? (I could ask, if just "younger members" might be answering, but i'd rly like the opinion on that question, so .. plz)
  3. Can you give me any tips to ignore things like that (if you at least understand my point of view)?

(I'd like to to know, if you've read the LN, if not since when (year) you've started watching the anime.)

1.who do you mean

i have read the Light novels up till vol 24

May 23, 2018 1:46 PM
Mattinator95 said:
1.who do you mean

Koneko of couse, or is it my fault, you didn't recognize her?

Else ... See my .. second .. link and description afterwardsm meaning to (EDIT EDIT EDIT: AGAIN!) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1730896&show=0#msg55324264.
Modified by tekadobada, May 23, 2018 2:16 PM

May 23, 2018 7:24 PM
tekadobada said:

1. How can ... supposed to be transparent hair, psychedelic eyes, (a thick line as nose), and an award mouth: position as well as gesture, so current Koneko be cute? Crazy piggy might be my best nickname for her in that shot. (Vol9, New Life, P2 on original - imo no direction to LN but further away to awkwardness)
  2. [b]Have I lost any sense on what's cute, also the creator (LN source), and is this what's supposed to be cute nowadays? (I could ask, if just "younger members" might be answering, but i'd rly like the opinion on that question, so .. plz)

They copy the current art style in the LN with some buffs on the cheeks and a pointed chin, That's how they animate this... Koneko looks pretty cute tho.

May 23, 2018 9:38 PM
INFERNAL_FURY said:
Kingish1000 said:
You mean the old character design? Yes, They are absolutely stunning. But the animation is stiff and looks like a GIF sometimes with no fluent actions except for the Boobies bouncing and Season 1-3's ending credits.

The New Art are more focus on it's animation and the characters are not so hard-detailed like the previous ones but still look beautiful and attractive as well. You just need an eye that is so discerning to these things...

You said it yourself, the new art is not as detailed like previous art. I mean it still looks good, but the old art was definitely better.

May 23, 2018 10:50 PM
tekadobada said:
Mattinator95 said:
1.who do you mean

Koneko of couse, or is it my fault, you didn't recognize her?

Else ... See my .. second .. link and description afterwardsm meaning to (EDIT EDIT EDIT: AGAIN!) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1730896&show=0#msg55324264.

Oh that one. Yea they really need to work on that.

Sep 18, 2018 7:43 PM
TBH new art style feels like they are trying to appeal to those who watch it just for the bobs. While they are an integral part of the show, I think story comes first. The story for season 4 was good, but yeah the art style. Kiba looks deformed, and most of the girls look weird now. Asia is too "endowed" now, and Rias looks super young and cute instead of calm and collected like she is supposed to be. The fight scenes... I don't rly care, I could go for either one.

Sep 19, 2018 6:00 AM

At first I thought it looks nice, overall new art style is better in my opinion but... old Xenovia was much more kawaii and Rias doesn't give the same feeling anymore.

Oct 5, 2018 8:22 PM

The worst part is how the show became more of a shitty Shounen instead of delivering on the fanservice..which was the whole point

Oct 5, 2018 8:36 PM

Aardwolf94 said:
The worst part is how the show became more of a shitty Shounen instead of delivering on the fanservice..which was the whole point

Nope you missed the point entirely

Oct 6, 2018 5:03 AM

Darklight0303 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Nope you missed the point entirely

I mean its a below average Shounen without the fanservice if I'm honest..

Oct 17, 2018 2:17 AM
Im fine with new art. But bad quality drawing.

Feb 27, 7:09 AM
I think it look like a cheap hentai. I only watch up to the 2nd season was going to get back in to it but With what i was reading about Season 3 and what i have seen with the new art style of Hero I just going to skip it all. Read the Books maybe not. I would just go watch some other anime. How to not summon a demon load seems good and looks good to.

Feb 27, 9:12 AM
Heheheheheeheeh

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]