Forum Settings
Forums
New
are you a snob?
Oct 20, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
google defines snob as a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.

i think its safe to say because of how our economy works (capitalism) a lot of people tend to be snob since being successful is everything while being a NEET is a loser and not to mention society value too much hard work that can go from rags to riches story (or the american dream is being spread world wide more)

and the saying that tell me your friends are then i tell you who you are is implying to only be friends with successful people too to not get infected by laziness of the poor or losers

how about your thoughts? and do not discuss ThatAnimeSnob he is already permanent banned here on MAL anyway but ye he is a fine example of a snob or being elitists when it comes to anime at least
Oct 20, 2017 1:45 PM

Dec 2015
im like the snobbiest snob there is, except im not even rich but i just like being a snob

kappa

doop doop idk what to put here ashlinn sucks do doo
Oct 20, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2016
You mean people who desperately want to be seen as part of the blue blood or aristocratic class?

Say hello to my little friend!
Oct 20, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
Soverign said:
You mean people who desperately want to be seen as part of the blue blood or aristocratic class?

i do not know those but they sound from higher class so ye they are included
Oct 20, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
and what if you are born a snob into the snob world? the view isnt quite bad from up there :p
Oct 20, 2017 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not physically rich enough to be a snob. I'm also not mentally rich enough to be a snob. I think it's fine to be a snob unless you're being annoying , otherwise I don't care.
Oct 20, 2017 1:51 PM

Oct 2017
Being snobbish/judgemental/hater doesnt sound like my idea of fun
pretty cancerous overall
Close this World .txEn eht nepO
you are happy 24/7, that is a lie, that is bullshit and i refuse to have somebody tell me bullshit i wanna have an honest

Oct 20, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
As someone who lives in a all white neighborhood, I hate snobs. Too many people here try to flex whether it be with cars, clothes, etc. People even flex with Camaro's here, but Camaro's cost like 26k. Our mom van is more expensive.
Oct 20, 2017 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
i am the exact opposite. people often mistake me for a homeless person.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Oct 20, 2017 1:55 PM

Dec 2016

Vive la révolution! The peasant Emperor shall rise again!

Oct 20, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
@Soverign

we live in a democracy so 99% is greater than the 1%

lol
Oct 20, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
There isn't a snob more detestable than the moral kind.
Oct 20, 2017 2:19 PM
Aug 2016
Meh, as long as snobby people don't infiltrate my comfort zone so I don't really care.
Oct 20, 2017 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
Valium said:

thats new to me i thought snobs are all about high social status (elites) but i googled moral snobs and some links do mention them lol
Oct 20, 2017 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Tend to find snobs boring and lacking company. So no, I am not a snob and I don't care much for them.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 20, 2017 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
A true snob would never admit he was a snob.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 20, 2017 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
I have never considered myself to be a snob, but I know people with social anxiety are often mistaken for being a snob. If I ever did come across as being a snob, it would not be intentional, despite any antisocial vibes I may give off IRL.
Oct 20, 2017 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
rubylightning said:
I have never considered myself to be a snob, but I know people with social anxiety are often mistaken for being a snob. If I ever did come across as being a snob, it would not be intentional, despite any antisocial vibes I may give off IRL.

maybe a lot of people define snob in broad way like anyone that likes to reject any person can be viewed as a snob

i can somewhat understand the view of the public about mentally sick people being anti-social though even though the mentally sick do not intend too deep inside
Oct 20, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
isekai said:
maybe a lot of people define snob in broad way like anyone that likes to reject any person can be viewed as a snob

i can somewhat understand the view of the public about mentally sick people being anti-social though even though the mentally sick do not intend too deep inside

I just always know that there's a reason behind the reason why people may act a certain way. For instance, if someone is mean and hateful, I look at it deeper, and realize that their hate for others stems from them more than likely hating themselves. Looking at life with that kind of lens allows for those feeling like they are being hated on to understand the reasons behind those actions.
Oct 20, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
rubylightning said:
isekai said:

I just always know that there's a reason behind the reason why people may act a certain way. For instance, if someone is mean and hateful, I look at it deeper, and realize that their hate for others stems from them more than likely hating themselves. Looking at life with that kind of lens allows for those feeling like they are being hated on to understand the reasons behind those actions.

yep and psychology agrees with you with the concept of psychological projection (one of the few Freud psychology that is legit science they say)
Oct 20, 2017 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
isekai said:
Valium said:

thats new to me i thought snobs are all about high social status (elites) but i googled moral snobs and some links do mention them lol
Yeah, google definitions aren't always the best source.
Oct 20, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2015
I think snobs are one of the worst kinds of people, especially the ones you encounter in school. I've personally never been attacked by one, but they do go out of their way to bully and make the lower-class people's lives a misery.
Oct 20, 2017 5:03 PM

Aug 2017
I hate snobs. I respect more middle to middle upper class activitites/people. I won't disrespect lower class people but atleast in my country not a single one has any interest in being educated. Like they just don't know how to behave.

But being a snob is just plain out arrogant. However at some point when you have so many bad experience with the lower class, being a snob is the only option. However in this country the upper class is even worse than the lower class, like in any country in the world. The upper class in the Dominican Republic is the perfect face of arrogancy. They see themselves as untouchable. For example the son of a government official fought a police officer and the car rammed it, left unpunished. A famous model caused a big ass long clogging in the streets because she was talking to someone in the sidewalk. She refused to move and eventually people started honking and she just took out a gun and shoot two warning shots.

So I'm not a snob, just a selective arrogant.
Oct 20, 2017 6:04 PM
Jul 2016
isekai said:
and the saying that tell me your friends are then i tell you who you are is implying to only be friends with successful people too to not get infected by laziness of the poor or losers

That's not even close to what that expression means.

The implication is that, for example, if you're the type to mostly befriend and associate with troublemakers and the like, you're likely a troublemaker as well (or will be influenced in that direction.) It's similar to the whole "birds of a feather" thing, and has nothing to do with ostracizing the poor.

Yes, it oversimplifies things if taken too literally, and yes, there are snobby individuals who would interpret it the way you do, but they're nowhere NEAR as prolific as you seem to think they are.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Oct 20, 2017 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
I think of myself as a snide bitch who despises hateful people
Oct 21, 2017 9:18 AM

Sep 2017
I dont care about them as long as they dont attack me. There are more cancerous people than them anyways.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 21, 2017 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
I don't have the money to be a snob. I live around them, however. I don't speak with any of them.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 22, 2017 8:11 AM

Sep 2016
Snobs are really detestable people and once they latch onto you, it becomes especially unbearable
Oct 22, 2017 1:00 PM

Feb 2010
you mean rich bigots like trump? pretty sure I've already expressed my opinion of people like that loud and clear.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 27, 2017 7:53 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
w8 so does that make me a snob if i only go for rich sugar daddies

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Oct 27, 2017 7:54 AM

Apr 2016
I don't like them.
I'm poor, i dress even poorer, my language is poor.
And i'm proud of it.
Oct 27, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2017
What if i'm lower class and dislike every class?
I'm a shitposter for fun
Oct 27, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 2015
@isekai
how about your thoughts? and do not discuss ThatAnimeSnob he is already permanent banned here on MAL anyway but ye he is a fine example of a snob or being elitists when it comes to anime at least

I've heard about this dude once, mind telling me the more details of how he got perma, perhaps threads with his reply/quote/thread will do if you have one... Thanks in advance as always.

Anyway, I'm still dependent on my parents so I actually dunno, if you're speak more on MAL terms, then I guess I'm neutral. I mean, they have their own worlds and I have mine, why should I bother with his when I have mine and the opposite?
Oct 27, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
_Ako_ said:
@isekai

I've heard about this dude once, mind telling me the more details of how he got perma, perhaps threads with his reply/quote/thread will do if you have one... Thanks in advance as always.

Anyway, I'm still dependent on my parents so I actually dunno, if you're speak more on MAL terms, then I guess I'm neutral. I mean, they have their own worlds and I have mine, why should I bother with his when I have mine and the opposite?

i do not know the details of his permaban but i heard he is causing a lot of trolling arguments on his profile so MAL decided to permanently ban him since his reviews are trolling material to begin with anyway, he does not post in the forums actively just him making a lot of reviews
Oct 27, 2017 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
I came from a middle class family and am now a broke af college student so. I don't think I'm able to be the dictionary definition of a snob.
But I also grew up in a hick-ass town so I knew a lot of poor/low class kids. And as far as I could tell, as long as they weren't assholes or weirdos, people treated them pretty normal here
Oct 27, 2017 2:59 PM

May 2015
AvaG said:
and what if you are born a snob into the snob world? the view isnt quite bad from up there :p

you do strike me as snobbish tbh.

I'm moral and down to earth I love everyone includings snobs, and they love me. I'm such a great person wow
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Oct 27, 2017 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
I think I'm more of a slight asshole than a snob.
Oct 27, 2017 7:20 PM

May 2013
Nah, I'm not one. I think mostl artwork is good on some level, your act of creativity is already positive and beneficial ^_^
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 27, 2017 7:27 PM

Jul 2016
I'm a snob in some ways, just not about money. If I judge people it's not for things they can't help. I have standards as an asshole.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

97 by Ex-Aid »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

669 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
4 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

14 by R-unknown »»
5 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Yesterday

23 by Rhaelynne »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.