Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2017 6:13 AM

Aug 2010
Anyone in the know? Look, I don't know about the conventions or technicalities involved in the databases over here, but I was under the impression that Mobile Suit Gundam was the legit title for the show even back when it originally aired in Japan. It's an historic and defining name, and I'm surprised it didn't create a storm among the fans over the name-change. Also curious is that the sequels have still had their English names retained. What's going on?
Oct 20, 2017 6:21 AM

Oct 2015
I'm not sure either but they did the same for Berserk(1997) which caused a bit of a fuss.
Oct 20, 2017 6:52 AM

Feb 2015
I always wondered why the Gundam the Origin was manga was also called "Kidou Senshi Gundam, unlike most Gundam entries on MAL.
Oct 22, 2017 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
So, why not Kidou Senshi Gundam ZETA? Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED? Kidou Senshi Gundam ZZ?

Why not? Tell me anyone from staff. I wish someone would explain the point. You're messing up all database.

Because of this purism about romaji, you are doing something that should be simple turning totally confusing.

Why don't you do as Anilist, which you can choose titles in Romaji or English? I'm sure most of users here are westerners and them have more affinity with English titles.
Rod_RussOct 22, 2017 9:45 PM
Oct 23, 2017 7:59 PM
Jan 2017
Im only really annoyed by this because it looks super out of place on my list....more than build fighters has already done anyway
Oct 24, 2017 7:31 PM
Feb 2017
rodolfoemiliano said:
So, why not Kidou Senshi Gundam ZETA? Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED? Kidou Senshi Gundam ZZ?

Why not? Tell me anyone from staff. I wish someone would explain the point. You're messing up all database.

Because of this purism about romaji, you are doing something that should be simple turning totally confusing.

Why don't you do as Anilist, which you can choose titles in Romaji or English? I'm sure most of users here are westerners and them have more affinity with English titles.

I totally agree with you. Maybe we should contact a staff member. I don't think that any of them will read this topic without a report.
Oct 25, 2017 4:10 AM

Jun 2013
SimoneMJJ said:
rodolfoemiliano said:

I totally agree with you. Maybe we should contact a staff member. I don't think that any of them will read this topic without a report.

If a lot of people start to come here, someone from database staff will respond, as it was in Berserk forum. But I'm sure that explanation will not convince me.
Oct 28, 2017 4:01 PM
Feb 2017
The old name is back three days ago.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

65 by darthtruder »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

15 by JoniGamer1996 »»
Apr 1, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mell4444 - Mar 25, 2010

53 by T3RCK_Z »»
Mar 12, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.