Forum Settings
Forums

If You Could Change The Genre of An Anime, What One Would You Change And Why?

New
Oct 18, 2017 7:23 AM
Oct 2017
Like the title says, what shows or movies have you seen, and thought that they might be better if they didn't have say comedy or you wish it was more psychological, or any other genre that you wish you could change.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2017 7:26 AM

May 2017
Bakuman without the romance.
Food wars without echhi.
Fate zero with a little more edge.
Oct 18, 2017 10:15 AM
Aug 2016
I want a "trash" genre to be added and attach it to Re: Zero.
Oct 18, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2017
Isekai is changed to garbage.

Garbage smartphone
Re zero kara hajimeru garbage
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 18, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
The monogatari series. I would change the romance into hentai.
Oct 18, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2017
Monogatari series. I would probably add the ecchi tag into its genres
Gintama. I would add the Sol tag.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 18, 2017 10:25 AM

Jan 2016
I would proudly add Shoujo-Ai to every anime in existance.Yes, even the ones with full male casts.
Oct 18, 2017 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
I would make One Piece edgier, like Hunter x Hunter or Jojo level. That show needs more deaths outside flashbacks. Its ridiculous that some of the characters don't die despite what not. I'd also remove tit jobs from some of the female characters.
Oct 18, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2015
Aki-Sora hentai
To Love-Ru a SoL (somewhat is anyway)
MonMusu same as TLR

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Oct 18, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
change all shows that have echii tag to hentai
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Oct 18, 2017 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
I'd like to take out the weird fooling around/attempted comedy-like-moments from KimiUso, it really didn't mix in well.

Although Kyo Kara Maoh "officially" doesn't have romance or shounen-ai as it's genres (some sites do list them) it would definitely be 100x more better if they cut off all of those annoying fujo-baiting/pandering scenes/fillers. They can always replace it with more comedy! It's definitely not going to stop fujoshits from shipping Yuuri x Wolfram but at the very least they wouldn't be going around screaming that something from a filler episode it the original author's true intention even though such a thing doesn't even exist in the original source.

If tsundere was a genre would have definitely replaced it with some better type suitable for the story
Oct 18, 2017 11:01 AM

Nov 2015
I'd change School Days into some Evangelion-tier psychoanalytical shit. That would instapropell it to 10/10 masterpiece status for me.
βœ§ΰΌβ”‰Λš*❋ ❋*Λšβ”‰ΰΌβœ§

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び亀うEmpty gun cartridges
η΄…γ„γƒ’γƒΌγƒ«γ«θ¦‹ζƒšγ‚Œγ¦ γ†γ£γ‹γ‚Šι’¨η©΄ζ¬²γ—γ„γƒ€γƒ„γ― ζŒ™ζ‰‹γ‚’γ—γͺ

ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(ΰ©­*ΛŠα΅•Λ‹)ΰ©­* ΰ©ˆβ™‘β€§β‚ŠΛš

βœ§ΰΌβ”‰Λš*❋ ❋*Λšβ”‰ΰΌβœ§

Oct 18, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
S-quare22 said:
Monogatari series. I would probably add the ecchi tag into its genres
Gintama. I would add the Sol tag.

Yeah, I agree with the Monogatari. With a sprinkle of borderline incest.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 18, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
I'll add yaoi to everything. If the mangakas don't want it, I'd like dream sequences at least lol.
Oct 18, 2017 11:17 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I dunno why people seem to be talking about database tags so much whenever this is asking for personal input over genres/elements you think that would add to a series ._.

Like the title says, what shows or movies have you seen, and thought that they might be better if they didn't have say comedy or you wish it was more psychological, or any other genre that you wish you could change.

Idk, maybe my imagination is just running wild or something, but with "and thought they might be better if they didn't have say comedy or you wish it was more psychological" as an example gives me such an impression

----

either way i'd just add ecchi to everything

if people think they're drowning in sexualized fanservice now, i'd loathe to think how they'd feel about an industry with me at the helm

Oct 18, 2017 11:19 AM

Feb 2015
Every horror anime ever isn't horror... Buckets of red food coloring does not count as horror
Oct 18, 2017 11:49 AM

Jun 2016
I think Boku no Pico and Sh*tcom deserve the "horror" genre tag.
Oct 18, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2016
Maou_heika said:
I'd like to take out the weird fooling around/attempted comedy-like-moments from KimiUso, it really didn't mix in well.

Although Kyo Kara Maoh "officially" doesn't have romance or shounen-ai as it's genres (some sites do list them) it would definitely be 100x more better if they cut off all of those annoying fujo-baiting/pandering scenes/fillers. They can always replace it with more comedy! It's definitely not going to stop fujoshits from shipping Yuuri x Wolfram but at the very least they wouldn't be going around screaming that something from a filler episode it the original author's true intention even though such a thing doesn't even exist in the original source.

If tsundere was a genre would have definitely replaced it with some better type suitable for the story

What's wrong with fujoshi shipping Yuuri and Wolfram? I don't think they deserve to be called what you called them for pairing them together. It's easy to see why they would and even in the manga there are chapters like 108 and 111 that would give them more reason for them to be hopeful.

Oct 18, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
i wish if they add tsundere tag so i can avoid those anime automatically

also a waifu war tag to anime like nisekoi re zero will be helpful
Oct 18, 2017 12:01 PM

Mar 2012
AbsoLx said:
Maou_heika said:

What's wrong with fujoshi shipping Yuuri and Wolfram? I don't think they deserve to be called what you called them for pairing them together. It's easy to see why they would and even in the manga there are chapters like 108 and 111 that would give them more reason for them to be hopeful.

Those fujoshits hate on other characters just for the sake of some stupid abusive tsundere. The manga was complete fan-service towards the end, would have accepted it if they would come up with something logical but the just put in a lot of illogical garbage even though they could have just followed the original LNs.

Does chapter 108 even make any sense? The brat ran off thinking Yuuri was flirting around with someone but ended up seeing Conrad and the box and easily got taken over and sucked into it. Then all they had to do was put in a super cliche rescue which hardly even took any effort, on top of that he was literally half asleep letting his precious fiance walk anywhere in such a dangerous place. And then all of a sudden he can control his box!?

I really can't remember what happened in chapter 111.

Just giving back all the hate the Yuuram fujoshits have spouted during my past 7 years in that cancerous fandom. Their double standards were higher than Mt. Everest.
Maou_heikaOct 18, 2017 12:11 PM
Oct 18, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2016
Maou_heika said:
AbsoLx said:

Those fujoshits hate on other characters just for the sake of some stupid abusive tsundere. The manga was complete fan-service towards the end, would have accepted it if they would come up with something logical but the just put in a lot of illogical garbage even though they could have just followed the original LNs.

Does chapter 108 even make any sense? The brat ran off thinking Yuuri was flirting around with someone but ended up seeing Conrad and the box and easily got taken over and sucked into it. Then all they had to do was put in a super cliche rescue which hardly even took any effort, on top of that he was literally half asleep letting his precious fiance walk anywhere in such a dangerous place. And then all of a sudden he can control his box!?

Ah ok, I agree that hating on other characters for any silly reason is bad and those kinds of people are usually argumentative and mean anyway, regardless of them being a fujoshi.

I can sense that you dislike Wolfram lol and that's fair enough. :D
Oct 18, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Maou_heika said:

Turn the Tsundere into a f*ghag and you're good to go. She should also be a Tsundere, all f*ghags are also Tsunderes. Tis truth.
Oct 18, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2017
Hagorama said:
Bakuman without the romance.
Food wars without echhi.
Fate zero with a little more edge.

Anything is better with more edge, but doesn't fate/zero have enough?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2017 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
I'd change the genre of Ousama-game from horror to comedy, because it's not a horror, it's a comedy.
Oct 18, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
You can never get tired of MAL memeing isekai series.. Ohh...

Anyway, I wouldn't really change a genre of a series since in some cases the plot summary is more than enough or the cover picture to provide an insight to the series.
Oct 18, 2017 2:25 PM

Sep 2014
Salty? Is it you from KT or no?

Anyways, I'd put another romance tag on romance anime cause they don't do shit.
Oct 18, 2017 2:31 PM
Oct 2017
What does KT stand for? Whatever it is, I don't think that's me.
Oct 18, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
@SaltySeaDog

Oh, I also know a saltyseadog from Ireland in a game, thought it was you. My bad bro.
Oct 18, 2017 2:33 PM

Jul 2016
I would change Highschoold of the Dead to hentai genre,it would be amazing.
Oct 18, 2017 2:36 PM

Jul 2016
I'll add super power genre to some sport anime that has too great ability.
Oct 18, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
MastxadowX said:

You don't need to, there's Gakuen Shinshoku: XX of the Dead for that.
Oct 18, 2017 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I've always had this idea that if they removed the romance from Sword Art Online, it could have been a fairly decent show.
Oct 18, 2017 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
I'd change the genre of Ousama-game from horror to comedy, because it's not a horror, it's a comedy.
This. Just this. The same for Mayoiga, since it was best comedy from 2016 for something.
Oct 18, 2017 3:03 PM

Jul 2016
Paul said:
MastxadowX said:

You don't need to, there's Gakuen Shinshoku: XX of the Dead for that.
No,this one has tentacles and don't have Shouji Sato's art.
Oct 18, 2017 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
i would apply the tag of masterpiece and trash to eromanga sensei
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 18, 2017 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Well, I've always had this idea that if they removed the romance from Sword Art Online, it could have been a fairly decent show.

lol for some reason the romance in sao was the high point of that show for me. although, it wasn't very good romance, it felt very forced. i think if it paid more attention to the romance and developing it extensively and dramatically through the whole story(Maison Ikkoku style) rather than just tack it on like it was, it could have had the potential to be the best most influential thing to come out since evangelion.. Like comedy, romance is an amazing genre that has a lot of open windows to other genres, but to make it really good, it can't be tacked on like comedic relief. You really gotta make it the core genre.

Probably why i adore netoge so much... sao missed out on something huge, too bad it failed. maybe there will be some scifi/fantasy with a wicked cool idea/world that is actually a romance...in the future?
Oct 18, 2017 3:30 PM

Aug 2017
sword art online, change romance to supernatural (ᇴ_ᇴ)
Oct 18, 2017 3:33 PM

Feb 2016
I would tone down the gang thing on Texhnolyze
Oct 18, 2017 5:04 PM

Dec 2014
While I do love Hunter x Hunter, changing the Shounen to a psychological and tossing in a seinen would go a long way if you ask me.
Oct 18, 2017 5:55 PM

Mar 2017
NormalKiller said:
I would make One Piece edgier, like Hunter x Hunter or Jojo level. That show needs more deaths outside flashbacks. Its ridiculous that some of the characters don't die despite what not. I'd also remove tit jobs from some of the female characters.

Haha i'd totally change it to fit a seinen audience. I think that'd be sick.
Oct 18, 2017 6:07 PM
Sep 2017
Mayoiga to be a straight parody anime. It would just make more sense that way.
Oct 18, 2017 6:11 PM

Apr 2017
If they could just add p*ssy genre in NGE

Fits perfectly

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 18, 2017 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
jarring said:
Maou_heika said:

Turn the Tsundere into a f*ghag and you're good to go. She should also be a Tsundere, all f*ghags are also Tsunderes. Tis truth.
I've got no clue what you're talking about and also I don't know why you are assuming that tsunderes are only females, I actually had a male tsundere in mind when I said that.
Oct 18, 2017 9:16 PM

Apr 2016
Everything into hentai.
Nuff said.
2D > 3D
Oct 18, 2017 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
AbsoLx said:
Maou_heika said:

Ah ok, I agree that hating on other characters for any silly reason is bad and those kinds of people are usually argumentative and mean anyway, regardless of them being a fujoshi.

Sorry, I really went overboard there. Wolfram used to be my favorite at some point but after meeting the fandom I just ended up seeing him in a completely different light and after the manga I lost what remaining little respect I might have had for him.
Oct 18, 2017 9:22 PM
Mar 2015
I'd add yaoi to all sports anime and shounen anime.

Would be funny watching the community's reaction.
Oct 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Jul 2016
Maou_heika said:
AbsoLx said:

Sorry, I really went overboard there. Wolfram used to be my favorite at some point but after meeting the fandom I just ended up seeing him in a completely different light and after the manga I lost what remaining little respect I might have had for him.

No problem :P I understand how the overzealous fans can get annoying. And yeah Wolfram is a much better character in the novels, i've always had a soft spot for him as he was one of my first crushes :D
Oct 19, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
I was going to suggest to add the Ecchi tag to Kill la Kill, but to my surprise it was finally added.
Oct 19, 2017 9:54 AM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
Rename "yaoi" to "psychological horror".
Oct 19, 2017 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
AbsoLx said:
Maou_heika said:

No problem :P I understand how the overzealous fans can get annoying. And yeah Wolfram is a much better character in the novels, i've always had a soft spot for him as he was one of my first crushes :D
The novels are really well written but I only ever liked him in the anime back when the first 2 seasons were shown here on Animax, I began to like Conrad more when I found out about the novels and started reading them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

29 by Nirinbo »»
3 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

39 by Tirinchas »»
14 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

186 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

24 by M_MASTER »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.