Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 1, 2017 10:34 PM

May 2015
ataraxial said:
Kittens-kun said:

That last line is funny considering that's exactly what you did.

Yes, civil discussion is hilarious indeed.

Obviously meant the tantrum part, but ok.

Nov 1, 2017 10:37 PM

Jul 2013
@ataraxial
@Kittens-kun

I think both of you need to chill lol.

I disagree with ataraxial and I personally think he and many others are missing the point but Kittens you are being way too aggressive. That in itself is a bad way to get someone to give a show another shot.
Nov 1, 2017 10:56 PM

May 2015
Calal-Chan said:
@ataraxial
@Kittens-kun

I disagree with ataraxial and I personally think he and many others are missing the point but Kittens you are being way too aggressive. That in itself is a bad way to get someone to give a show another shot.

I'll stop whenever this thread is deleted.

Nov 1, 2017 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Calal-Chan said:
@ataraxial
@Kittens-kun

Okay then lol. Be that way baka
Nov 1, 2017 11:09 PM

Nov 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Calal-Chan said:
@ataraxial
@Kittens-kun

Lol, this is funny. Try not falling asleep while you're at it.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Nov 2, 2017 2:28 AM

May 2017
If you don't like it 1 episode in, what is making you feel like you should continue?
I'm a feminist and I was put off by the premise too, but I'm wanting to see where they go with the story. Watch the OVA. It tells more of Chise's back story and makes her into a likeable character. She has more dimension than what the first episode (and honestly the next 3 episodes) tells us.
Nov 2, 2017 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
Kittens-kun said:
And two, it's nowhere on your list.

If you look a little closer, you'll see than nothing from the new season is on there yet, because I haven't updated it recently. It's a nice feature, but we're not required to update it every day or anything.
Nov 2, 2017 4:24 AM

Feb 2010
Kittens-kun said:
Calal-Chan said:
@ataraxial
@Kittens-kun

how to convince some one they are wrong on the internet

@ataraxial

probably should have waited for the hype to die down for this show before making this thread.

people tend to get cranky when some one criticizes a hyped show
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 2, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2015
hazarddex said:
Kittens-kun said:

how to convince some one they are wrong on the internet

@ataraxial

probably should have waited for the hype to die down for this show before making this thread.

people tend to get cranky when some one criticizes a hyped show

I wouldn't have a problem if he actually provided good criticism, but he hasn't yet.

Nov 2, 2017 6:12 AM

Feb 2015
ataraxial said:
SigmaticDoc said:
I will never get people who shove the fuck out of their ideals into their expectations of a show and then get triggered.

First of all, it's the author's story, she decides what she wants to do. In Japan, they're a lot more free in the stories they want to make, there isn't sexism or anything of the likes, get out of your leftist bubble please.

Real life standards don't apply in a fictional world and fictional characters, the fuck you're getting concerned about human rights over a piece of fiction, don't you have anything better to do in your free time?
Maybe the author just wanted a nice unique story, why would you assume she wants to self-insert just because it doesn't fit your views?

Seriously, people like you are the problem in the anime community.

Yeah, you're right, the problem in the anime community are people like me who make threads asking for clarification and discussion. What we really need are more people like you, I mean why engage in civil discussion when you can throw a tantrum?

There is no civil discussion with people who insert their stupid ideals and agenda into their expectations of anime.

Japan is NOT the west, don't insert your agenda in a japanese work. It doesn't work that way.
Everything is done to tell a unique story, but you obnoxiously assume the author wants to self insert because you don't agree with what you're seeing.
Well, boo fuckin' hoo. In Akame Ga Kill killing is good, I've never seen people making threads about it. (The show is ass though).
So why make a thread for this.
The MC got saved from being sold into slavery, there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't imply that slavery is good. It just shows that she had a lot of problems in her life that she couldn't get away from but this proved to be unintentionally a good thing.

Anyways.
I don't like putting political labels, but you strike me as an extreme leftist.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Nov 2, 2017 6:30 AM

Jun 2012
SigmaticDoc said:
ataraxial said:

Yeah, you're right, the problem in the anime community are people like me who make threads asking for clarification and discussion. What we really need are more people like you, I mean why engage in civil discussion when you can throw a tantrum?

There is no civil discussion with people who insert their stupid ideals and agenda into their expectations of anime.

Japan is NOT the west, don't insert your agenda in a japanese work. It doesn't work that way.
Everything is done to tell a unique story, but you obnoxiously assume the author wants to self insert because you don't agree with what you're seeing.
Well, boo fuckin' hoo. In Akame Ga Kill killing is good, I've never seen people making threads about it. (The show is ass though).
The MC got saved from being sold into slavery, there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't imply that slavery is good. It just shows that she had a lot of problems in her life that she couldn't get away from but this proved to be unintentionally a good thing.

Anyways.

You are really good for choosing bad example lol, it shows really that you don't understand what you watch.
In Akame Ga Kill (I will talk of the anime because I don't read the manga and I know the story is different), MCs face a corrupt system and search to destroy this system. They don't necessarily use the more passive methods but they try to improve the world. It's the same deal in a more recent anime, Gundam Blood orphans. And in this case there is no problem because even if the characters actions are bad the fact that their actions are treated by the story allows to attach oneself to the characters without being disturbed.
And this is where Mahoutsukai no Yome fail because Elias buy Chise and "directly" say he want to make her its bride and Chise seems to don't care about that and that show that the author doesn't have a good grasp of the subject.
Nov 2, 2017 6:36 AM

Feb 2015
Brean2010 said:
SigmaticDoc said:

Anyways.

You are really good for choosing bad example lol, it shows really that you don't understand what you watch.
In Akame Ga Kill (I will talk of the anime because I don't read the manga and I know the story is different), MCs face a corrupt system and search to destroy this system. They don't necessarily use the more passive methods but they try to improve the world. It's the same deal in a more recent anime, Gundam Blood orphans. And in this case there is no problem because even if the characters actions are bad the fact that their actions are treated by the story allows to attach oneself to the characters without being disturbed.
And this is where Mahoutsukai no Yome fail because Elias buy Chise and "directly" say he want to make her its bride and Chise seems to don't care about that and that show that the author doesn't have a good grasp of the subject.

The thing is, she doesn't care about it at all, because he indirectly saved her from all of her past problems. You're not the one looking at the bigger picture.
I know why they kill in Akame Ga Kill, but it's still killing, so it's ok when it's done to a corrupt government?
Killing is killing, no matter who you kill.
Geez, can't believe I have to point out such obvious things but with your type of people it's a necessity...

And also, pretty sure her grasp of the subject is pretty good, as it's her own grasp of it in a fictional world. As I said, fiction is not reality, that's why IT'S NOT LIKE REALITY. I don't know what must've happened for you not to get it, where you dropped on the floor as a newborn or what?
Nov 2, 2017 6:59 AM

Jun 2012
SigmaticDoc said:
Brean2010 said:

The thing is, she doesn't care about it at all, because he indirectly saved her from all of her past problems. You're not the one looking at the bigger picture.
I know why they kill in Akame Ga Kill, but it's still killing, so it's ok when it's done to a corrupt government?
Geez, can't believe I have to point out such obvious things but with your type of people it's a necessity...

And also, pretty sure her grasp of the subject is pretty good, as it's her own grasp of it in a fictional world. As I said, fiction is not reality, that's why IT'S NOT LIKE REALITY. I don't know what must've happened for you not to get it, where you dropped on the floor as a newborn or what?

First of all, I think I'm much more disposed than you to express my ideas because I'm not agressive and I argue my answers a lot more.

I have perfectly understand that she has been saved of these past problems but after that she never said, even one time, to Elias that he could have done it any other way, that is the problem. And according to manga readers in this thread it will never be the case. Yet in the future she might have more distance on her situation and she can start to think about its own situation but apparently not.

Nov 2, 2017 7:13 AM

May 2015
Brean2010 said:
SigmaticDoc said:

First of all, I think I'm much more disposed than you to express my ideas because I'm not agressive and I argue my answers a lot more.

I have perfectly understand that she has been saved of these past problems but after that she never said, even one time, to Elias that he could have done it any other way, that is the problem. And according to manga readers in this thread it will never be the case. Yet in the future she might have more distance on her situation and she can start to think about its own situation but apparently not.

There wasn't another way. It was an auction. You kinda have to pay for what you want.

Nov 2, 2017 7:17 AM

Jun 2012
Kittens-kun said:
Brean2010 said:

There wasn't another way. It was an auction. You kinda have to pay for what you want.

Like say my "friend" SigmaticDoc, it's a FICTION therefore you do what you want. And for a great magus I think he is able to find other solutions.
Nov 2, 2017 7:21 AM

May 2015
Brean2010 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Like say my "friend" SigmaticDoc, it's a FICTION therefore you do what you want. And for a great magus I think he is able to find other solutions.

So you'd rather have him steal her? But then he's a criminal, and you'd complain that "she's demeaning herself by latching on to a criminal!"

Nov 2, 2017 7:22 AM

Feb 2015
Brean2010 said:
SigmaticDoc said:

You don't argue absolutely anything. And even now, you didn't address my point about Akame Ga Kill, as the same thing applies to this show fundamentally.
So it's good to kill if the circumstances seem right to you?

In the given circumstances of Mahotsukai No Yome. Elias CLEARLY CARES FOR Chise, he's went to the point of trying to help her extend her life and asking her to not use any magic so she doesn't weaken her body.
And Chise is his bride-to-be only because of his poor understanding of what a bride is, he didn't buy her to force her to marry him.
If you actually watched or read the work, you won't be spewing such bullshit to make yourself look like a complete idiot.
Nov 2, 2017 7:24 AM

Feb 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Brean2010 said:

So you'd rather have him steal her? But then he's a criminal, and you'd complain that "she's demeaning herself by latching on to a criminal!"

This guy is braindead, I doubt you will convince him sadly.
There are idiots like that in this day and age that don't understand how stories work. They want wish fulfillment, they want everything to be peaceful, that's why most of those guys only watch stupid moe.

[P.S - I just quickly skimmed over Brean's profile and whoop-dee-doo, dude mostly watches moe and harems and has his own ''personal harem'' of waifus. Somehow expected this kind of guy.]
Nov 2, 2017 7:41 AM

Jun 2012
Kittens-kun said:
Brean2010 said:

Ok .... what can say to that? Yes I wish he'd steal she because it would have been more like a liberation and commit a crime for a good cause, I don't see the problem. It wouldn't have changed the marriage proposal problem, but it would have been a lot less disturbing already.

Kittens-kun said:
Brean2010 said:

SigmaticDoc said:
Brean2010 said:

You don't argue absolutely anything. And even now, you didn't address my point about Akame Ga Kill, as the same thing applies to this show fundamentally.
So it's good to kill if the circumstances seem right to you?

In the given circumstances of Mahotsukai No Yome. Elias CLEARLY CARES FOR Chise, he's went to the point of trying to help her extend her life and asking her to not use any magic so she doesn't weaken her body.
And Chise is his bride-to-be only because of his poor understanding of what a bride is, he didn't buy her to force her to marry him.
If you actually watched or read the work, you won't be spewing such bullshit to make yourself look like a complete idiot.

The context of Akame and of Mahoutsukai are drastically different and you can't apply each for the other. On one side you have people who do bad things to try to improve a corrupt world and on the other side you have people who use the bad things of a corrupt world without ever questioning them.
I never said that Elias don't care about Chise, but he use very questionnable manners and I just said that Chise don't care about that own situation and she's basking in this distrurbing situation.
Nov 2, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2015
@Brean2010 It was never disturbing to begin with.

Nov 2, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2012
SigmaticDoc said:
Kittens-kun said:

This guy is braindead, I doubt you will convince him sadly.
There are idiots like that in this day and age that don't understand how stories work. They want wish fulfillment, they want everything to be peaceful, that's why most of those guys only watch stupid moe.

[P.S - I just quickly skimmed over Brean's profile and whoop-dee-doo, dude mostly watches moe and harems and has his own ''personal harem'' of waifus. Somehow expected this kind of guy.]

You're really trying to be the superior guy, It's just laughable for a guy who insults in every message and judges a person to his MAL profile. And who also tells bullshit about what I watch the most. The last time I watched an anime harem was more than a year ago and I don't watch a lot of moe. I watch a lot of type of anime to get an overview of all types of anime. And when I say "my personnal Harem" it's just to have a complete list of female character that I like and to fill my profil page with cute pictures because I can't add enough character in the "Favorites characters" list.

But anyway, at least I prefer to talk to @Kittens-kun, we have different opinion but at least he doesn't say stupid things like you.

And I think that your accusation are out of the subject.

Kittens-kun said:
@Brean2010 It was never disturbing to begin with.

For you perhaps, but not for me and several persons. Anyway, I have already said that we would never agree on the basis of the problem a while ago. Everyone has their own opinion but I think there is something wrong with the show.
Nov 2, 2017 9:37 AM

May 2015
@Brean2010 No, you're both just wrong. End of story.

Nov 2, 2017 9:40 AM

Jun 2016
Thread locked to prevent further derailment.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.