Forum Settings
Forums

Florida declares State of Emergency; Great Disaster on the Horizon

New
Oct 17, 2017 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
Following the devastation of Hurricane Irma, Florida faces an existential threat once again. Governor Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency for the University of Florida as Pandora and the Four Horsemen begin to fill the horizon. This Thursday, UF braces for total annihilation. It braces for every species of calamity. It braces for...

...a speech from Richard Spencer.

Full Story:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/10/16/florida-governor-declares-state-of-emergency-in-advance-of-richard-spencer-event/?utm_term=.f692a86feb5a

FYI this is the great evil that Richard Spencer committed at Charlottesville in August. Pure madman!

There is no escaping Hurricane Ricardo:
ZekkenshinOct 17, 2017 5:51 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 17, 2017 5:51 AM
Feb 2014
People have officially lost their mind. A speech on a college campus holds the same magnitude as a natural disaster. We're entering new levels of delusion and lunacy.

It's funny, because governors let BLM and Antifa thugs riot and burn down cities as a way of "expressing themselves." But when Richard Spencer (I don't agree with what he says and in fact I don't like him, but censoring him and shutting him down by force is both wrong and hypocritical) and people who want to see him speak have an opportunity to express themselves by having an assembly in a closed building, it's akin to a natural disaster.

Clown world we're living in.
AqutanOct 17, 2017 5:55 AM
Oct 17, 2017 6:13 AM

Apr 2014
Nico- said:
People have officially lost their mind. A speech on a college campus holds the same magnitude as a natural disaster. We're entering new levels of delusion and lunacy.

It's funny, because governors let BLM and Antifa thugs riot and burn down cities as a way of "expressing themselves." But when Richard Spencer (I don't agree with what he says and in fact I don't like him, but censoring him and shutting him down by force is both wrong and hypocritical) and people who want to see him speak have an opportunity to express themselves by having an assembly in a closed building, it's akin to a natural disaster.

Word. I never even knew who he was before this news, but I think everyone is entitled to their rights of free speech, even the more politically incorrect people. What happened to sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt?
Oct 17, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2007
Protaku said:
Nico- said:

Word. I never even knew who he was before this news, but I think everyone is entitled to their rights of free speech, even the more politically incorrect people. What happened to sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt?
Violent people needed excuses to use the sticks and stones, so they started making them up . . .
Oct 17, 2017 6:46 PM
Feb 2014
Protaku said:
Nico- said:

Apparently the so-called victims now have these sticks and stones, in both the figurative and literal (take inauguration day riots as an example) sense.
Oct 17, 2017 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
this isn’t a game of “attention whore in the dungeon”
removed-userOct 17, 2017 6:58 PM
Oct 17, 2017 7:04 PM

Jun 2012
I posit that the best way to protest a speaker is for everyone in the audience to start leaving when they speak
Oct 17, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2009
well by skimming on the news article he just want a full force law enforcement when clashes of beliefs starts, Antifa will be there you can count on it
Oct 17, 2017 7:08 PM
Feb 2014
isekai said:
well by skimming on the news article he just want a full force law enforcement when clashes of beliefs starts, Antifa will be there you can count on it

State of Emergency implies a disaster. Full law enforcement should be enacted at all times. They're making a mountain out of a molehill even when full law enforcement should be in action. Criminal behavior is never good and a controversial person going to speak at a college isn't at all a disaster.
Oct 17, 2017 7:13 PM

Jan 2009
Nico- said:
isekai said:

State of Emergency implies a disaster. Full law enforcement should be enacted at all times. They're making a mountain out of a molehill even when full law enforcement should be in action. Criminal behavior is never good and a controversial person going to speak at a college isn't at all a disaster.

well its not just for disasters though

A government can declare such state during a disaster, civil unrest, or armed conflict. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_emergency
Oct 17, 2017 7:23 PM

Nov 2013
oh no meme man's on the loose

I can see you

Oct 17, 2017 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
MasterGlyth said:

if you mean shit “memes”
alt right memes are cancer
then again almost all memes are cancer these days since they’re either spawned by dumb edgy 4channers or dumb edgy millennials
Oct 17, 2017 8:55 PM
Feb 2014
isekai said:
Nico- said:

A government can declare such state during a disaster, civil unrest, or armed conflict. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_emergency

Yes but there is no "civil unrest" until proven otherwise. The feelings of just a couple hundred college kids isn't a sign of civil unrest. You forget that most common people don't care about politics.
Oct 17, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
Nico- said:
isekai said:

Yes but there is no "civil unrest" until proven otherwise. The feelings of just a couple hundred college kids isn't a sign of civil unrest. You forget that most common people don't care about politics.

i do not know, im just pointing out that one out, the local government there maybe anticipating the civil unrest or do not want their worse expectations to happen, but ye im just rationalizing (making excuses) about this so i got no strong opinion on this in the first place
Oct 17, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2010
oh white supremacists looking for a safe space in a place where some of my relatives live?
and to top it all Florida FLORIDA?

this should be entertaining.
GrimAtramentOct 17, 2017 9:21 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 17, 2017 9:38 PM

Dec 2016
I am fairly certain a State of Emergency allows for the use of "deadly force". >:D

Let me get the hueys ready.
Oct 17, 2017 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
That's only to allow for heightened security,which will protect Spency from eating another sucker punch.

"The governor’s executive order will allow local law enforcement officials to work with state and other agencies. Scott is also activating the Florida National Guard to help if needed."

"Scott said in a statement that he has been in constant contact with the Alachua County sheriff, who requested the order to ensure county and local law enforcement agencies have every available resource."

"Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell said she had sought the declaration because of uncertainty surrounding what law enforcement will encounter.

The sheriff said she and the governor spoke several times over the weekend. “I pitched it to him and that it would help us a great deal to have that latitude,” Darnell said."

"That includes allowing her to purchase more equipment quickly."

“We’re not being alarmist. But we want to be prepared. ”

Oct 17, 2017 10:01 PM

Dec 2016
Yep. State of Emergency allows for mobilisation of the National Guard and not to mention ANTIFA has been declared a domestic terrorist organization (right?)... man, why you spoil it WAPO??!!??
Oct 17, 2017 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
Soverign said:
Yep. State of Emergency allows for mobilisation of the National Guard and not to mention ANTIFA has been declared a domestic terrorist organization (right?)... man, why you spoil it WAPO??!!??

welp there we go so this state of emergency seems justified now lol
Oct 18, 2017 3:38 PM

Mar 2008
It's just for anticipation and preparedness. Nothing unusual about it.
Oct 18, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
I agree. Nothing strange. It happens all of the time.
Oct 18, 2017 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
DrGeroCreation said:
That's only to allow for heightened security,which will protect Spency from eating another sucker punch.

"The governor’s executive order will allow local law enforcement officials to work with state and other agencies. Scott is also activating the Florida National Guard to help if needed."

"Scott said in a statement that he has been in constant contact with the Alachua County sheriff, who requested the order to ensure county and local law enforcement agencies have every available resource."

"Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell said she had sought the declaration because of uncertainty surrounding what law enforcement will encounter.

The sheriff said she and the governor spoke several times over the weekend. “I pitched it to him and that it would help us a great deal to have that latitude,” Darnell said."

"That includes allowing her to purchase more equipment quickly."

“We’re not being alarmist. But we want to be prepared. ”

I think he got punched twice, actually. Maybe three times.
Oct 18, 2017 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
spuukiebuugi said:

For real men, it only takes one. WAN PAAAAAANCH!
Oct 18, 2017 6:34 PM
Feb 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:

Part and parcel of Drumpf's America amirite gaiz?

Ratohnhaketon said:
spuukiebuugi said:

RESPECT WOMEN DAMN IT
Oct 18, 2017 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
where can i get that jesus will judge you hoodie

Oct 18, 2017 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
spuukiebuugi said:

aw look
he punched a woman.
hmmm tell me how you really feel

zzzeally said:
where can i get that jesus will judge you hoodie

more like “y’all motherfuckers need jesus”
wear it to the counterprotest rally mock the Bible thumpers
Oct 18, 2017 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
spuukiebuugi said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

aw look
he punched a woman.

he wishes that woman was you probably

Oct 18, 2017 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
spuukiebuugi said:

aw look
he punched a woman.
That she would have been much safer in the kitchen?

I mean, we all would.
Oct 18, 2017 6:42 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:

Usually it's done after something happens but it it's expected they declined it before. They likely will put out a curfew and set up militarized police areas. States of emergency can be worrying sometimes since they can restrict citizen rights during them.
Oct 18, 2017 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
spuukiebuugi said:

That gives even more reason to have the state of emergency.

Wow running over and killing a woman, punching and pushing a woman to the ground, these alt right and neo nazi people are such sweethearts unlike evil devils Antifa.

DrGeroCreationOct 18, 2017 6:48 PM
Oct 18, 2017 6:51 PM

Apr 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
spuukiebuugi said:

That gives even more reason to have the state of emergency.

Wow running over and killing a woman, punching and pushing a woman to the ground, these alt right and neo nazi people are such sweethearts unlike evil devils Antifa.

what are you talking about
the cia must have false flagged the event to demonize the alt right

Oct 18, 2017 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
zzzeally said:

what are you talking about
the cia must have false flagged the event to demonize the alt right
Fake news CNN staged it reeeeeeeeee.
Oct 18, 2017 7:30 PM

Nov 2013
The jesus will judge you hoodie really speaks to me. I think it's telling me that dude's retarded.

I can see you

Oct 18, 2017 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Usually it's done after something happens but it it's expected they declined it before. They likely will put out a curfew and set up militarized police areas. States of emergency can be worrying sometimes since they can restrict citizen rights during them.
The video in my OP is objective evidence that Richard Spencer was not involved in violence at Charlottesville. This is simply a pandered response to the heckler's veto. If the police do their damn jobs instead of standing down, they won't need half a million dollars to protect the First Amendment every time it's exercised.
Oct 18, 2017 7:44 PM

Mar 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
traed said:

The video in my OP is objective evidence that Richard Spencer was not involved in violence at Charlottesville. This is simply a pandered response to the heckler's veto. If the police do their damn jobs instead of standing down, they won't need half a million dollars to protect the First Amendment every time it's exercised.

It's not about him it's about the troubles that come up with his gatherings which escalate into conflicts. I never said I agree with this since I don't know exactly what it may entail.
Oct 18, 2017 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
oh boy when are white people gonna have their rosa parks moment

Oct 18, 2017 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
zzzeally said:
oh boy when are white people gonna have their rosa parks moment
Come now...we did much better than Rosa Parks a long time ago.

Oct 18, 2017 8:00 PM

Apr 2011
These communists have ruined the country for far too long !
Oct 18, 2017 11:47 PM

Apr 2014
You can't ban an idea whose time has come. You can declare a State of Emergency though, evidently.

Ratohnhaketon said:
spuukiebuugi said:

aw look
he punched a woman.
That she would have been much safer in the kitchen?

I mean, we all would.

The kitchen is the safest space. By contrast, swinging a broken wine bottle about in the middle of a brawl... not so safe, as it turns out. Equality isn't always so pleasant.
Oct 19, 2017 1:29 AM

Mar 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
spuukiebuugi said:
aw look
he punched a woman.

A true gentleman and a real hero
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 19, 2017 2:04 AM

Jun 2008
Living in Florida is already a pain in the ass...

Thank God I'm no where near the University of Florida.

Burn that shit to the ground if you ask me...the ONLY good part of Florida is South Florida....everything above West Palm Beach might as well be Alabama mixed with Texas and a side helping of Mississippi.

Not surprising...the tip is the best part...

Can South Florida secede from Florida and become our own State?!
Oct 19, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
Wow running over and killing a woman.

The woman is said to have died from a heart attack, not because she was run over, if she was even run over at all. Also, was that even a deliberate attack (by the alt-right)?

, punching and pushing a woman to the ground, these alt right and neo nazi people are such sweethearts unlike evil devils Antifa

She was there specifically to pick a fight; she even came armed with a broken bottle (which she lost before this scene happened). Also, if you look carefully, you can see that she grabbed the guy by the collar and attempted to punch him. Unfortunately for her, he had the quicker draw. So much for those "100 Nazi scalps" she said she'd bring back on her FB page.

OT: the more they demonize Spencer and his bunch of merry men, the more they entice people into doing their worst. It started with merely punching, but it'll only get worse if they keep this demonization up. What are they so afraid of, anyway? Him telling something they don't like hearing (regardless of factual accuracy)?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2016
Ratohnhaketon said:
spuukiebuugi said:

This represents Equality if you think about it, tho if the woman had been in the Kitchen, she wouldn't of gotten that Equality.
Oct 19, 2017 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
Firelord76 said:

OT: the more they demonize Spencer and his bunch of merry men, the more they entice people into doing their worst. It started with merely punching, but it'll only get worse if they keep this demonization up. What are they so afraid of, anyway? Him telling something they don't like hearing (regardless of factual accuracy)?
No joke, I've literally said "Let's defeat the alt-right by understanding their grievances and countering them with better ideas" and I've been accused of being a closeted Neo Nazi because of it.

Libtards: Punch a Nazi! Someone should stab Richard Spencer!
Me: I believe in the First Amendment. Let's win through better ideas, not violence.
Libtards: YOU NAZI! YOU EVIL CIS WHITE MALE SCUM!

At what point does a man have to surrender himself to memes to cope?
Oct 21, 2017 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
@Firelord76 She died of blunt force injury not a heart attack. Getting run down by nazi alt right scum is what caused said blunt force trauma.

http://www.newsweek.com/sexist-alt-right-conspiracies-surrounding-heather-heyers-death-keep-swirling-687195

The Central District Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond, Virginia, declared definitively to Newsweek that Heyer’s cause of death was no heart attack.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/36610772/medical-examiner-rules-heyer-died-from-blunt-force-injury

The Central District Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has released the cause of death for the woman killed in the August 12 car attack following the Unite the Right Rally in downtown Charlottesville.

According to our partners at the Daily Progress, the medical examiner ruled her death to be due to blunt force injury.
DrGeroCreationOct 21, 2017 4:00 PM
Oct 22, 2017 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
^ The left really has to cling to this one death, don't they? Nevermind the endless terrorism and rape in Europe. Forget constant gang violence and shootings in the US...

First the mom says it's a heart attack, as the paramedics told her, but only just now the story changes?
Oct 22, 2017 1:43 AM

Mar 2012
spuukiebuugi said:
MasterGlyth said:

if you mean shit “memes”
alt right memes are cancer
then again almost all memes are cancer these days since they’re either spawned by dumb edgy 4channers or dumb edgy millennials

..... Where do you think the original internet memes came from?
Oct 22, 2017 7:32 AM

May 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
@Firelord76 She died of blunt force injury not a heart attack. Getting run down by nazi alt right scum is what caused said blunt force trauma.

http://www.newsweek.com/sexist-alt-right-conspiracies-surrounding-heather-heyers-death-keep-swirling-687195

The Central District Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond, Virginia, declared definitively to Newsweek that Heyer’s cause of death was no heart attack.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/36610772/medical-examiner-rules-heyer-died-from-blunt-force-injury

The Central District Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has released the cause of death for the woman killed in the August 12 car attack following the Unite the Right Rally in downtown Charlottesville.

According to our partners at the Daily Progress, the medical examiner ruled her death to be due to blunt force injury.

So, where's the evidence that the driver was alt-right, or that the alt-right is even behind this, and that it was a deliberate attack and not just an unfortunate accident? Given that I don't find the mainstream media exactly reliable when it comes to reporting on this incident, or anything similar to it, them stating "the alt-right did it!" doesn't convince me in the slightest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.