Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2017 5:08 AM
Oct 2017
I don't understand it.

The show only started, we are not even done with the introduction arc - which was 10 chapters in the manga - and people - mostly fans of another "Naruto copy" - are already making reviews?

Is it even have a point? I never understood those who are making reviews for shows whiches are still running, but making reviews for shows that only started yet?

Even if the show would be really that bad I couldn't give any validity to those reviews. I can only accept reviews which are about an ended series or something that already around 50%.
Oct 16, 2017 5:13 AM

Nov 2016
Well people leave scores to give an initial impression on if the episodes that have already aired is worth it or not. At the end of the anime people can change their scores to give an overall final score. That's why I have scored pretty much every anime I am watching this season.

At the moment Black Clover is pretty bad though, at least to me.
Oct 16, 2017 5:14 AM

Sep 2014
Don't be surprised, this is the case for pretty much every popular show. Just ignore the reviews, they don't matter until the show is about halfway through.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Oct 16, 2017 5:16 AM

Nov 2016
Menzo- said:
Don't be surprised, this is the case for pretty much every popular show. Just ignore the reviews, they don't matter until the show is about halfway through.

Like Pingu in the Citys scores.
Oct 16, 2017 5:21 AM

Sep 2014
Pixel_Vapour said:
Menzo- said:

Like Pingu in the Citys scores.
Well to be fair I haven't contributed to the reviews, and they're all getting taken down, you'll notice all the top reviews are from today. Also I think rating a show before you've seen a good chunk of it is fine, reviewing is a bit much though. But pingu is indeed a 10/10 masterpiece.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Oct 16, 2017 5:26 AM
Oct 2017
My problem is that people can't say anything about a show until the end.

For example, I didn't know anything about Devilman from 1972 and avoided it because of it's art. But once I started to reading it I realised it was not as bad as I thought. In the end, it was even brilliant.

The same goes for Mirai Nikki. I was hyped about the premise of the show and gave 10/10 on another forum.... only the getting bored by halfway and realised it wasn't as good as I thought.

That's why I say people should writte reviews and giving points to shows which are already halfway or finished. That's why I don't following youtube reviewers neither.
Oct 16, 2017 5:27 AM

Apr 2016
Problem with battle shounens is that you never know when will (if) they end.
Oct 16, 2017 5:31 AM

Sep 2014
Reiwoods said:
My problem is that people can't say anything about a show until the end.
This is stupid logic, if the first half of a show is bad the second half will also most likely be bad. Same with people that say you shouldn't drop a show because it might get better, it's just dumb.
Oct 16, 2017 6:21 AM
Jun 2016
This is nothing new at all on this site and is actually really common whether negative or positive, in case you didn't already know (you probably did for all I know. lol).

Menzo- said:

This, and they almost always get deleted anyway (which brings me to even wonder why people do it as well, but eh).
4DissinityOct 16, 2017 4:53 PM
Oct 20, 2017 4:00 AM
Oct 2015
lol just ignore every review for shows that are in range between 6 and 10. Why would you care a predophiles opinion on a shounen anime? Why would care a stupid feminist's opnion for a shounen anime? Why would you care a fuckboy's opinion who gets bored of every single thing on this planet ever existed? But if its rated lower than 6 then there is clearly something is wrong.

İf it still bothers you of course you are free to ask "Why is this shows underrated/overrated?" But answers wont satistfy you because there is only 1 written review and point of anime is 6~. People just do it because they wanna see shows score low, they wanna praise their own likings. Look at mangas home country and Japanese peoples opinion about Black Clover manga. İt is a still ongoing shounen title unlike others who got canceled and dropped too low on popularity pools. Black Clover might be generic but im reading it from the day it got serialized. İ like generic clihe titles, i dont question why others dont like. But disliking is something serious in myanimelist forum members, its something can be easily done for them i think.

And those are all my own opinion, a person is free to rate low and talk shit about show/manga. What i do is walk away and ignore unnecessary stupid things most of the time.
Oct 20, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2015
orkuncan said:
lol just ignore every review for shows that are in range between 6 and 10. Why would you care a predophiles opinion on a shounen anime? Why would care a stupid feminist's opnion for a shounen anime? Why would you care a fuckboy's opinion who gets bored of every single thing on this planet ever existed? But if its rated lower than 6 then there is clearly something is wrong.

İf it still bothers you of course you are free to ask "Why is this shows underrated/overrated?" But answers wont satistfy you because there is only 1 written review and point of anime is 6~. People just do it because they wanna see shows score low, they wanna praise their own likings. Look at mangas home country and Japanese peoples opinion about Black Clover manga. İt is a still ongoing shounen title unlike others who got canceled and dropped too low on popularity pools. Black Clover might be generic but im reading it from the day it got serialized. İ like generic clihe titles, i dont question why others dont like. But disliking is something serious in myanimelist forum members, its something can be easily done for them i think.

And those are all my own opinion, a person is free to rate low and talk shit about show/manga. What i do is walk away and ignore unnecessary stupid things most of the time.

My kebab dude you should just chill out. If someone dislikes a show or writes a review criticizing a show, chances are they have a good/valid reason to do so. Someone disliking a show doesn't make you an idiot for liking it or vice versa. It's 2017 yet people still struggle to understand that opinions other than theirs exist. It's just sad.
Auron_Oct 21, 2017 4:07 AM
Oct 21, 2017 2:22 AM
Oct 2015
Orhunaa said:
My kebab dude you should just chill out. If someone dislikes a show or writes a review criticizing a show, chances are they have a good/valid reason to do so. Someone disliking a show doesn't make you an idiot for liking it or vice versa. It's 2017 yet people still strugle to understand that opinions other than theirs exist. It's just sad.

İm chill, just can't see a legit reason when somebody rates low and reviews a show. Because %80 of reviews for shows that are"cliche","generic" are same. Struggle is within them not me. İf you dont like a show or if you think that a show will be boring and not worth to watch, drop it and you dont have to write a review. But again what people do is watch shows which are clearly not their type of production they would like and then rate it low. Reason : Unknown

İts like eating an animals meat for first time and not liking it. Then eat it with rice and not liking it again and insulting the cook and meal. İf you dont think you will like it then stop tring, lets say you tried, then stop shit talking the meal because you knew it was bad to start with.
Oct 21, 2017 3:57 AM

Oct 2015
İm chill, just can't see a legit reason when somebody rates low and reviews a show. Because %80 of reviews for shows that are"cliche","generic" are same. Struggle is within them not me. İf you dont like a show or if you think that a show will be boring and not worth to watch, drop it and you dont have to write a review. But again what people do is watch shows which are clearly not their type of production they would like and then rate it low. Reason : Unknown

İts like eating an animals meat for first time and not liking it. Then eat it with rice and not liking it again and insulting the cook and meal. İf you dont think you will like it then stop tring, lets say you tried, then stop shit talking the meal because you knew it was bad to start with.

I can kinda see your line of reasoning but you forgot that not all shows are easily distinguishable. An anime that looks like something you'd enjoy may end up being a waste of time for you, which is not all that uncommon.

As for reviewing a show you didn't like, that's what critics do (Not just in anime). It's to help people deciding whether they should watch it or not. A negative review usually goes something like this "I didn't enjoy x for y, z, t reasons. If you're okay with those or don't think they're flaws at all, then go for it. Otherwise don't." Reviewers usually don't explicitly state this, but that's what they're implying.
Oct 21, 2017 5:58 AM
Apr 2016
Orhunaa said:
A negative review usually goes something like this "I didn't enjoy x for y, z, t reasons. If you're okay with those or don't think they're flaws at all, then go for it. Otherwise don't." Reviewers usually don't explicitly state this, but that's what they're implying.

I don't necessarily disagree with you nor am I actually defending this series, but...

What I bolded: Usually reviewers do imply this sort of thing, but there are also so many that don't imply what I bolded at all and actually mean what they say as the literal, unquestionable facts that absolutely should be followed no matter what. Of course, it's not just on this site or this anime community (this happens a LOT in the general anime community, tbh), but still.
Oct 21, 2017 6:28 AM

Oct 2015
MareepYay said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you nor am I actually defending this series, but...

What I bolded: Usually reviewers do imply this sort of thing, but there are also so many that don't imply what I bolded at all and actually mean what they say as the literal, unquestionable facts that absolutely should be followed no matter what. Of course, it's not just on this site or this anime community (this happens a LOT in the general anime community, tbh), but still.

I haven't watched this series, just defending negative reviews on general.

But you're right, there's always a small minority that thinks there are objectively good and bad shows.
Oct 21, 2017 9:16 AM
Oct 2015
Orhunaa said:
MareepYay said:

I haven't watched this series, just defending negative reviews on general.

But you're right, there's always a small minority that thinks there are objectively good and bad shows.

İ see your point. İts not like im opposing reviewing or rating. Of course i read movie reviews, peoples ideas about a book. But from my perspective, i say perspective because you might be looking things from another angle, anime viewers tend to kill show when they dont like it. You see when a movie franchise like Harry Potter or Fast and Furious gets popular people expect better and better but they dont say " Ok im done with this i will always think bad about race movies or magic themed movies , this movie is so bad i cant even believe its the sequel of 4th movie " but anime viewers just cut the tree from its root. Thats why im generally rating 9-10 or just 1, to show my attitude of myanimelist users and raters.

And no first impression most of the time come true, lets say %80. İ just look genre watch pv, look who is composing ost/op/ed and lastly poster of anime and decide go or not. İf i still cant decide i try to watch first episode. At this point as i said reviews do not matter to me much at all. A person who can rate a slice of life show can rate shounen or harem animes -1/-2 points below. İm a bit angry at this .

To summarize i dont think this sites reviewers arent reviewing and rating fair and justified unlike any other reviewers of entartainment or media. And somehow only this sites users not anime or manga viewers , im getting the feeling that only this sites users rate shows unfair. İ dont hate this site but i cant get what users think when they are rating.
Oct 21, 2017 9:49 PM

Aug 2011
This show so good. Remind me of Hunter X Hunter 2011

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.