Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2017 3:18 PM

Jun 2016
Since i've seen a lot of people saying this anime is great and i really like its genres (thriller, mistery, psychological, etc) i decided to start watching it but i'm now on episode 4 and the anime is a 'meh' for me. I really want to try enjoying it but i just can't, so.. does it get better? Or no?
I'm just asking this because it has more than 70 episodes and i don't want to watch it all if i know i'll continue to dislike it.
ayumiisOct 15, 2017 3:48 PM
Oct 15, 2017 3:42 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, I always tell people it picks up around episode 15 or 16.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 16, 2017 6:34 PM

Jan 2017
yes it get s better. it's a slow paced series for people who appreciate methodical storytelling tho. it's not similar to shows like death note, steins gate and AoT.
Oct 17, 2017 12:50 PM

Jun 2016
haysikecemboles said:
If youa are expecting something like SnK or Steins Gate then you are out of luck.

Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
yes it get s better. it's a slow paced series for people who appreciate methodical storytelling tho. it's not similar to shows like death note, steins gate and AoT.

Wow wtf, are you saying that just because i like those anime? i am not expecting nothing like those because i know monster isn't a kind fantasy/out of reality anime and i didn't even say i wanted something like my favourite animes.
I didn't know that now people can only like a few genres, i'm sorry then.
ayumiisOct 17, 2017 12:53 PM
Oct 17, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2016
What do you dislike about it?

Also, mind that its a 74 episode series and a thriller at that, you have to give it some time to really put everything at the table.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Oct 17, 2017 1:05 PM
Oct 2017
Yes it does get better. I was the same myself after the first few episodes, but out of curiosity I kept going with the series (despite it taking me a year to get through), and it now remains as one of my favorite anime.

I think someone pointed out above that it is a psychological thriller, so when you take that into account it will have a slower pace than your average mystery drama. But if you push through the early episodes, I think you'll really get into it as more is revealed about each character.
Oct 17, 2017 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
people please realize, everytime you think of creating a thread named "does it get better" let me tell you:

no it doesnt.
Oct 17, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2017
AyumiVk said:
haysikecemboles said:
If youa are expecting something like SnK or Steins Gate then you are out of luck.

Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Wow wtf, are you saying that just because i like those anime? i am not expecting nothing like those because i know monster isn't a kind fantasy/out of reality anime and i didn't even say i wanted something like my favourite animes.

dude calm down. i didn't even look at your favorites. i type the same comment in every "does it get better" thread about monster because most people complain about the slow pacing and lack of "thrilling action.
Oct 17, 2017 2:17 PM

Apr 2008
AyumiVk said:
haysikecemboles said:

Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Calm down. People might have jumped to the conclusion, but you have not specified what you expect from it and what exactly you don’t like about Monster, so they can only make a blind guess in this situation.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Oct 18, 2017 8:42 PM

Oct 2015
It is not the same thrills as Death Note (I know, this thread had some mishaps with it), but it relies on the horror atmosphere. If you look for action thrilling scenes, then maybe you would not like it much. If you like Anime like Mushishi, in a similar sense, they rely on the atmosphere for the thrill ride. Though, I understand if you do not like it.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Oct 18, 2017 9:19 PM
Feb 2017
judging a 74 episodes show based on first 4 epi kkkkkk.
I'm at episode 33 rn,this just keeps getting better.If you don't like it after 14-15 episodes then this just isn't for you.
Reading manga will be faster if you don't wanna watch the anime.
Oct 19, 2017 7:25 PM

Jun 2016
Noesnecesario said:
What do you dislike about it?

Also, mind that its a 74 episode series and a thriller at that, you have to give it some time to really put everything at the table.

thinking more about it, it isn't that i dislike it... well somehow the anime just doesn't seem to catch my atention i guess

DEAD_ID69 said:
judging a 74 episodes show based on first 4 epi kkkkkk.
I'm at episode 33 rn,this just keeps getting better.If you don't like it after 14-15 episodes then this just isn't for you.
Reading manga will be faster if you don't wanna watch the anime.

i just asked if it would get better because right now i dont even have much time to watch anime, so if it isn't going to improve then i'd rather watch other anime instead.
No... with this kind of story i prefer watching it animated, thank you for the advice anyway, i'll watch it at least until those episodes then

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.