Forum Settings
Forums

Signature Design Updated - Check It Out V2

New
Pages (134) « First ... « 89 90 [91] 92 93 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
@Seikunai - Rather new at this myself so the advice and criticism I am able to offer is rather limited. I think the render is a wee too small and should be a little larger. And perhaps a little lighter on the effects because Gintoki is rather hard to see as is.

@SquChan - I like it

@kuuurt - You can visit DeviantArt and search for signature tutorials, there are tons of great ones there. GFX Sig Club on this site has a few as well.

Heh my turn I guess:
Tried doing a texture signature, would welcome any sort of feedback, please and thank you.
Aug 3, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
@Seikunai
I like it, but as katagari said; the render is a bit small. I like the use of the liquify tool, but it's kinda inconsistent (personal opinion).

@SquChan
I like it as well, I don't understand how you have such good typography for all your signatures -_-

@kuuurt
I'm pretty new to this stuff as well. I started off with these two tutorials: link & link which taught me the basics of depth, flow, etc.

@Katagari
Wow, I love it. It's blended in really well, and I like the simplicity
Aug 3, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
I like this thread, you guys are all so talented! Could I have some advice on my first signature? And if it's not too much to ask for, but perhaps a link to download Photoshop? I used gimp for my current one.
Aug 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Hmmm, I used this.
As for your signature, it's simple, and it doesn't look bad. What I would do to change it would be to leave everything the way it is, sharpen only the render, and move it over a tiny bit to the right.
Aug 3, 2013 2:08 PM

Dec 2009
@Hero & Katagari: Thanks, I'm happy you like it while this doesn't help me improve tho.

Well about the typography, I only recently came there either, but it's not that good. But I like it better like this than my previous typos.

@Genocider: I'd like to quote Jeav here, since he says exactly what's on my mind.
Jeav said:
Some general things to try to avoid next time are not to have your character focal so far to the edge of the sig.

You should consider this too for future works and if you plan to edit this one. Also I'd recommend that you sharpen the focal a little. It looks pretty blury. And as it looks pretty simple as it is now, maybe you can add more stuff? Like Textures, brushes etc. The border doesn't fit, maybe choose a different, more matching color. And not a must, but a tip, try add some text. Though if you like it as it is, I see no problem other than that the focal should be placed more to the center.
Aug 3, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2012
@Squ - Overall it looks really good. Maybe one thing to tone down a bit is the exposure>offset. Could look better with a bit less, but im not really sure.

@Katagari - Everything looks good. I really have no complaints for it.

@Kuurt - For a fairly simple smudge tag, it looks decent. I like the text and the lighting isn't too bad. The render seems to be quite over sharpened.
Aug 3, 2013 6:44 PM

Dec 2009
@Jeav: Can you define what you mean by that? Sorry for being dumb ;w;
Aug 3, 2013 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
@Squ - Well the effect I am referring to can be done a ton of ways but I usually do it with exposure. Pretty much what im pointing at is the kinda of soft grey feel the tag has.

---------------
So made a quick tag in like 30 min, don't really like it. Just trying to get back to c4d's and depth. Let me know what you all think.

Aug 3, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2009
I think I understand, but I'm probably leaving it like that. Thanks though. \o/
I'm doing new tag now which I had planned, will show it here when I'm done.

About your sig, I think you should maybe either make the shadow less intense or work on it a little more, because you hardly see anything except her face. :/ And the text looks so simple man D: but I'm probably too biased by now, don't mind me
Aug 3, 2013 7:49 PM

Apr 2012
I dont know how to text T_T
Aug 3, 2013 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
@Jeav
Fixed your computer? I think it looks good, I try using C4D's but always suck at it.

I tried a different style of smudge, this time I tried making something extremely intricate
Hero_Aug 4, 2013 12:54 AM
Aug 4, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
@Hero

Yeah i got it fixed finally :D I am the same when it comes to smudge >_<

The smudge looks good, but the whole thing looks kinda low quality and the lighting around the edges of the render doesn't look that good. Maybe sharpen it a bit more and work on the lighting on the render.
Aug 4, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2013
@SquChan and @hero_

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I heard someone say you were supposed to keep the render away from the middle, but seeing other signatures I guess you're right. Honestly, thank you for your advices. I'll take to them when I make my next signature.
Aug 4, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
Made a sig today. Still a noob. My second sig with many layers.

Please give opinions. So I can improve on my mistakes.
Aug 4, 2013 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
@Genocider
I struggled with that problem for a while, not knowing where to place my render. Eventually stumbled across The Rule of Thirds. Here's an easy look: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rule-of-Thirds-Tut-68461340
Aug 4, 2013 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
@Seikunai: Gonna quote myself.

SquChan said:
I'd like to quote Jeav here, since he says exactly what's on my mind.
Jeav said:
Some general things to try to avoid next time are not to have your character focal so far to the edge of the sig.

You should consider this too for future works and if you plan to edit this one-

@Geno: Well you should look at Jeav's current signature. The render isn't dead center here, but it's not right at the edge of the signature either, right? Putting the focal/render in the middle is not a crime, but if you're into variation, you should consider changing positions now and then.
Aug 4, 2013 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
@Jeav
Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on the lighting and stuff. I found this style pretty fun to do so I'll probably just re-do it

@Seikunai
You should try putting that gradient layer on lower opacities(around 10-20%), they usually give you kind of an orange-ish tint that gives off sort-of a warm vintage look.
Aug 4, 2013 12:16 PM
May 2012
@Hero
I love your new sig *o*

I haven't been on photoshop...since like...2 years ago :c Made a new one, which I was originally going to enter for the GFX sig contest, but it looks so meh :x
Any criticism is welcomed <:

Aug 5, 2013 6:08 PM

Dec 2009
Well like I said, I'll force everyone to look at my newest shitwork.

Critique please.\o/ There is no text, because I didn't find any good place for it. Did some pentooling here and there as well. Main reason I made this tag is simply because I thought this stock and Marluxia were meant to be with each other, that's all.
Aug 5, 2013 6:40 PM
May 2012
@Squ

*o* it's absolutely fab <3
That is one of THE prettiest backgrounds I have ever seen. Also, your 3-d render works are each turning out more amazing than the previous! I personally am not that find of works without text, but it works rly well here.
Aug 6, 2013 12:38 AM

Apr 2012
Finally found time to do some creative work again, critiques welcome:

Aug 6, 2013 1:48 AM

Jan 2013
@Sophilia
Thanks ^^
I like the sig, the typography and leaves look great, but I feel like it might look better without the border

@Attena
it's a bit small, but I like how the colors match very well, nothing seems out of place and it doesn't look bad at all.
Hero_Aug 6, 2013 1:51 AM
Aug 6, 2013 4:27 AM

Jun 2013
SquChan said:
Well like I said, I'll force everyone to look at my newest shitwork.

Critique please.o/ There is no text, because I didn't find any good place for it. Did some pentooling here and there as well. Main reason I made this tag is simply because I thought this stock and Marluxia were meant to be with each other, that's all.
Do I have bad tastes for thinking this sucks? Or is it just that I dislike the look of the character's face?
Aug 6, 2013 5:51 AM

Dec 2009
@Sophilia: Thanks, you saying that makes me very happy \o/ Yeah I'd really have put text, but I seriously couldn't find a suitable place for it without it looking crappy.

@Seikunai: I honestly can't answer this. Though I'm not fond of the face either haha. Renders of him are rare like with the rest of the organization and one of the two renders quality sucks, so I went with this one. *shrugs* Can't please every eye D:
Aug 6, 2013 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
SquChan said:
@Sophilia: Thanks, you saying that makes me very happy o/ Yeah I'd really have put text, but I seriously couldn't find a suitable place for it without it looking crappy.

@Seikunai: I honestly can't answer this. Though I'm not fond of the face either haha. Renders of him are rare like with the rest of the organization and one of the two renders quality sucks, so I went with this one. *shrugs* Can't please every eye D:
Though I think to people who like these kinds of renders would be very pleased.
Aug 6, 2013 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
Hi, made another sig. It looks messy but I just did it without measuring anything right or anything.

Please give feedback.

Oh can I also ask a question? All of the renders I have been downloading lately are very big and has a black background? How do I put them on my signature on Photoshop without having to transform it? And how do I remove the black background, because I can't use the C4D if it has a black background. :|
Aug 6, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
@Seikunai - The whole sig is really really over sharpened and looks really love quality. If it didn't look like that it would be much better

Now for getting the black background out of your tif c4ds.

1. Open them in a new tab in PS
2. duplicate it and delete the bottom layer so now you can work with it
3. Go into Channels and find the alpha channel
4. Hold down ctrl and click the little image of the c4d and it will select a bunch of stuff.
5. Inverse the selection (think it is ctrl+shift+I)
6. After it is inversed, just hit delete and all the black background will be gone.
7. Now just drag it into the work you want to or save it as a png so you don't have to repeat this.
Aug 6, 2013 1:36 PM

Dec 2009
Jeav said:
@Seikunai - The whole sig is really really over sharpened and has really lovely quality.

fix'd.
Aug 6, 2013 2:09 PM

Apr 2012
I meant to say "low quality". Don't know how I ended up saying "love".... Guess I shouldn't try to give feedback as soon as I wake up xD
Aug 6, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
SquChan said:
Jeav said:
@Seikunai - The whole sig is really really over sharpened and has really lovely quality.

fix'd.

Sliiick

@Jeav
Did you make the lightning effects yourself? they look awesome
Aug 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Apr 2012
If you mean the little streaks of lightning looking things, they came in a resource pack and then I used extra lighting and some other ways to make it end up looking like that. Same style as in my profile picture.
Aug 6, 2013 5:17 PM

Jan 2013
I tried a different style of smudge, but no matter how I look at it, I feel as though something is wrong and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT

Aug 6, 2013 5:20 PM

Dec 2009
@Hero: I really like the upper part with the hair, but the lower part looks weird imo. Maybe not going over the render with the smudge strokes.

And about the upper part, try to let the hair literally melt into the smudge/background. As it is now, it looks simply being placed on top.
Aug 6, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2013
@Squ
Fixed the hair so that it blends into the smudge more.

Not sure which of the two look better
Aug 6, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2009
@Hero: Nice. Looks a whole lot better now. I personally prefer the left one, it looks cleaner without the stuff down there on the right one. I'd add some glow here and there on the hair, but that's just me being perfectionist :'D
Aug 6, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2012
@Hero - The smudge is pretty good overall and with what Squ said it looks a lot better. I think that there is just to much black in the background. Maybe add some more smudging or something since it makes it look quite plain.

--------------

New tag for me. I have done this style a fair amount of times, but it has been a while and I think it came out decent. I don't like the text though...

Aug 7, 2013 12:31 AM

Apr 2012
Photoshopped a bit more:

Aug 7, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
@Attena - They are really small, but they look really good.
Aug 7, 2013 1:23 AM

Jun 2013
Jeav said:
@Seikunai - The whole sig is really really over sharpened and looks really love quality. If it didn't look like that it would be much better

Now for getting the black background out of your tif c4ds.

1. Open them in a new tab in PS
2. duplicate it and delete the bottom layer so now you can work with it
3. Go into Channels and find the alpha channel
4. Hold down ctrl and click the little image of the c4d and it will select a bunch of stuff.
5. Inverse the selection (think it is ctrl+shift+I)
6. After it is inversed, just hit delete and all the black background will be gone.
7. Now just drag it into the work you want to or save it as a png so you don't have to repeat this.
Where's the alpha channel?
Aug 7, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
@Jeav
Yea that was one of the problems, but no matter what I did to fill up the black space, it wouldn't fit in very well -_-

for your piece, I really like the colors, lighting, and depth. "Wish" is a bit hard to read but that's it.
Aug 7, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
@Jeav: Thanks ^^ Well I'm currently on a small siggys spree, I somehow got fed up with the big ones. I don't know why, but lately I'd design smaller siggs much better than big ones.

aaaand yet another lol:
Aug 7, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2009
@Jeav: Well I'd say instant faved on dA. I really like it. Only thing that bugs me is the text again >D, but it doesn't ruin the work at all. Good job!

@Attena: mah, the smaller the sig, the less you can design, which kinda bothers me. Not a friend of huge stuff like layouts, but that tiny space you use atm would really be not enough for me. The dark and red one of the last two looks nice though.
Aug 7, 2013 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
@Attena
Smaller signatures have their limits, but I really like what you did with the 2 above

Practiced with some C4D, I actually feel like it didn't come out too bad

Aug 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
@Seikunai - It should be under the channels section. There are videos out there im sure you can find if you look into it. Also this works for .tif files.

@Squ - Thanks a lot :D

@Hero - Thanks. For your c4d piece I would suggest you play around with adjustment layers a bit more. More gradient maps and exposure layers and all of that good stuff. It will just bring the colors together a bit more then what it is like right now. The depth is good though.
Pages (134) « First ... « 89 90 [91] 92 93 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
7 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:47 AM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.