Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2017 9:09 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay. – Wow! A lot of things happened.... .________.

LOL at Yashiro’s blank expression, after Kageyama replied, “No he doesn’t, you idiot,” to Yashiro’s, “It’s more complicated with a woman. When this happens to a guy he just ends up with a torn asshole.” XD It’s true that people can blackmail and kidnap your woman… Being with a man can happen beyond sexual terms, Yashiro. & I love that Dr. Kageyama still looks out for Yashiro, our protagonist does need to wear the brace; it really hasn’t been long since Yashiro’s right arm got injured… Looking back at when Kageyama asked Yashiro about the latter’s feelings, it’s interesting to note that Kageyama is somewhat sitting sideways from Yashiro, not directly facing him… This is actually a big step for Kageyama to ask Yashiro a personal question directly, since he didn’t do so in high school or ever since they graduated from high school… Has being with Kuga encouraged Kageyama to be more vocal about his care? :o

As obvious as this may sound, Yashiro and Kageyama really are best friends. Kageyama had no hesitation to ask, "But weren't you in love with him?" It's great that Kageyama knows and can see that Yashiro loves Doumeki, but... That shocked expression on Yashiro's face really affected me. Yashiro clearly didn’t expect Kageyama to be so straightforward. It made me sad actually, when Yashiro froze and thought, “Of all people, you’re the one asking me about it.” We always knew Kageyama cares for Yashiro, and this question really did show that Kageyama pays attention to Yashiro… Yet, it’s a little sad that Kageyama never noticed Yashiro’s feelings for the doctor for 20 years. I agree with Yashiro – it is funny that Kageyama is the one to ask about Yashiro’s romantic feelings. X) (And it’s funnier that Kageyama doesn’t know what’s so funny :P)

As expected, Yashiro did not give Kageyama a direct answer. Saying that Doumeki is like a baby bird who clung to the first thing he got out of jail…and then seeing that image of the baby bird losing its feathers… :( I thought of when Doumeki cut his own pinky out of repent for being unable to protect Yashiro, so like the baby bird, Doumeki did physically lose apart of himself. If Doumeki continues to cling to Yashiro, the worse it could get for Doumeki… I think Yashiro is partially thinking of Doumeki’s wellbeing and protecting him, by breaking their ties. :( Yashiro did admit that he was afraid of losing Doumeki in chapter 23, after all...

We all know that there is love between Yashiro and Doumeki. </3 Yashiro kicking Doumeki out, is a reoccurrence of when Yashiro kicked out the last man who seriously fell in love with our protagonist. Yashiro told Nanahara and Sugimoto to tell Doumeki nothing, if our baby bird does contact them… So how will Doumeki reach Yashiro? Through Kageyama’s help??? OMG. WOULDN’T THAT BE SO CUTE?! If Kageyama becomes Doumeki and Yashiro’s cupid, it’d be like the time Yashiro was Kuga and Kageyama’s cupid! *______*

I felt sorry for the man who got his face punched when he opened the door! XD LOL, Yashiro had such a blank face! Misumi really does care for Yashiro, since he sent those two men to watch over our protagonist! :’) I’d still like to know how or why Yashiro reminds Misumi of his deceased wife… Again, it’s sweet that Yashiro did not send Nanahara or Sugimoto to do work, probably to protect his subordinates, even though he’s much more injured than Nanahara, and Sugimoto is perfectly able-bodied.

Now, regarding the first half of the chapter… -_______- Hirata, why did you kill Kurobane?! I actually liked Kurobane, lol!! Kurobane is so good-looking, and kind, he could be the main character of a series, Kou Yoneda <3

I have a soft spot for characters who genuinely care and look out for their family members. Kurobane could have neglected Tomo, for example, but the loving uncle chose to take care of his niece. :) When Kurobane’s sister left with another man, I wonder why she didn’t take her child with her… Poor Tomo for being abandoned by her mother, and Kurobane when he died. :(

Maybe Hirata isn’t complete evil? Hirata was nice for looking after Tomo. I lol-ed when Tomo said Hirata’s face is even scarier than thunder!! XD Yes, Hirata is a scary man… haha! Tomo is such a cute child, like when she stood with her umbrella under the rain, and knocked on the car window, because she wanted to give Hirata candy. xD

Hirata really does have a complicated relationship with Misumi. Hirata really wanted to stay by Misumi’s side, even by killing Kurobane, and he was willing to take the blame for all of the people Kurobane killed, yet…in the present, it was frustrating for Hirata when Yashiro appeared. All of a sudden, Yashiro became Misumi’s favourite subordinate, which washed aside Hirata’s efforts. :/ I think Hirata is thankful to Misumi, for saving him when he was being questioned by Someya. It’s a love-hate relationship, since Hirata has respect and admiration for Misumi, yet Misumi does not dote or have great appreciation for Hirata… I’m starting to understand better why Hirata wants Yashiro dead, and why he wanted to become a leader of their rival group, Gouda. Not only would Hirata gain power through his own methods, he’d be able to let out his personal grudges. Kurobane’s death allowed Hirata to join Misumi’s group, which again, seemed futile after Yashiro appeared... Hirata’s jealousy is just A LOT. He was already glaring when Misumi placed his hand on Amou’s head, at Misumi’s wife’s funeral… >< Thank goodness Hirata didn’t kill Amou either…

It was nice to see Amou. I had no idea Amou’s mother used to be Misumi’s mistress (was Misumi married before he married Amou’s mother)?? Misumi’s love and devotion to his wife was admirable, since he visited her in the hospital often, and contributed significantly to her funeral. :) I wonder what Kou Yoneda plans to do with Amou…

I’m slightly annoyed that when Hirata felt the pain from his cut, he said, “I’ve felt a pain similar to this before. It reminded me of something I’d forgotten.” <- -________- How could Hirata forget Kurobane?? Kurobane did not attack Hirata and was just loyal to Misumi! ><

By the way, where is Someya in the present day?? I wonder if he’ll play an important role in the future…

Although LOL, Misumi’s insistence to go alone to visit his wife in the hospital, reminded me of Yashiro’s attitude! XD But LOL that Kurobane told Kusaba to go with Misumi. ;P There is some resemblance between the ‘father-son’ pair. <33

I found it very touching, when Kurobane said, “Because I love him from the bottom of my heart. I don’t live for the group. I live only for him.” ;________; I definitely found a parallel here between Kurobane and Doumeki. Even though Misumi wanted to adopt Kurobane as a son in yakuza terms, and have Kurobane as his successor, you can truly see that Kurobane’s objective was to protect and assist Misumi, not the group. :’) I got the FEELS when Kurobane had his finger cut, like Doumeki did…. ;_______; Kurobane must have been agonized when Misumi was shot too!!

Kurobane’s “There’ll come a time where you won’t be afraid of risking your life like this. A time where you’ll think that if it’s for the sake of this person no price is too high.” Kurobane spoke out of dedication for Misumi, yet these words unfortunately triggered Hirata to take Kurobane’s life… :( I also feel bad for Misumi, since he didn’t want to lose Kurobane, and even told Kurobane to not do anything until Boss was out of the hospital bed… *sigh* R.I.P. Kurobane. I wonder how Tomo is doing now..? Tomo was in full-time childcare, so it's good to know she had people watching her, when Kurobane was killed... Maybe Tomo has been adopted by a loving family? :)

Next time, I’d like to see Ryuuzaki. ;______; Knowing that Ryuuzaki is in a critical state, is terrible news… Although, at least we got the answer of how the cops arrested Ryuuzaki: Yashiro had the drivers from last chapter steal the drugs from Hirata’s woman’s place (is it normal for every man who has a ranking, to ‘have a woman’?? ._____.), which lured the cops to Ryuuzaki. I really appreciate Yashiro’s protection over Ryuuzaki. <33

It’s great to see that Yashiro fulfilled his promise to Ryuuzaki, by protecting the latter’s girlfriend! ;____; I hope she’ll be okay… Yashiro is probably paying for Ryuuzaki’s woman’s hospitalization. What did the kidnappers do to Ryuuzaki’s woman??

Would it be too much, to ask for Doumeki to make an appearance next chapter? A flashback of Doumeki’s back when he was still with Yashiro isn’t enough for me. ;_______; Doumeki still had his finger in that flashback; I think it was when Doumeki followed Yashiro to the theatre. Damn, that felt like ages ago, when it’s probably been a few weeks in the story’s timeline. ><

Oh, did anyone see ihr Hertz’s magazine issue cover this time? I didn’t, but it apparently features the characters from this beautiful story!! :) Can I ask where to see it??
Cloe900311Oct 14, 2017 9:16 PM
Dec 23, 2017 1:16 AM

Jun 2016
I'm gonna fucking hurt Yashiro if he meant to fire Doumeki. Not my ship. Not my fucking ship.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 8, 2018 8:20 PM
Jan 2018
That was an awesome summary. I only disagree with crediting Kageyama with paying attention to Yashiro when the job was actually Kuga's.

Kage's comment to Yashiro is all due to that epic scene where Kuga totally schools Kageyama on all things Yashiro ( when Kage was the one supposed to be able to pick it up).

I wish it was Kuga too who came through that door and totally called off Yashiro bullshit trying to pretend he doesn't care about Doumeki.

Cloe900311 said:

As obvious as this may sound, Yashiro and Kageyama really are best friends. Kageyama had no hesitation to ask, "But weren't you in love with him?" It's great that Kageyama knows and can see that Yashiro loves Doumeki, but... That shocked expression on Yashiro's face really affected me. Yashiro clearly didn’t expect Kageyama to be so straightforward. It made me sad actually, when Yashiro froze and thought, “Of all people, you’re the one asking me about it.” We always knew Kageyama cares for Yashiro, and this question really did show that Kageyama pays attention to Yashiro… Yet, it’s a little sad that Kageyama never noticed Yashiro’s feelings for the doctor for 20 years. I agree with Yashiro – it is funny that Kageyama is the one to ask about Yashiro’s romantic feelings. X) (And it’s funnier that Kageyama doesn’t know what’s so funny :P)

It's not Kage who knew and could see that Yashiro was falling in love with Doumeki, it was all Kuga.
Kageyama just blurted out what his boyfriend had told him and of course it surprised Yashiro. It made no sense to him ( because it actually doesn't). That's the irony in Yashiro's reaction here, thinking 'you of all people'.... In truth, of all people, his friend of 20 years is still as dense as ever when it comes to 'noticing' and 'seeing' him even when something is obvious to other people ( like Kuga).

Look at the scene where Kuga explains to Kage why he thinks Yashiro is falling in love ... who actually paid attention to Yashiro? The long time friend or the guy who barely knows him? And look at the level of things Kuga analyzed ... Yashiro jealousy, Yashiro being in reality a shy person, Yashiro being cautious and like a kid around Doumeki .... nothing of it was noticed by the guy who knows Yashiro for 20 years.

Kage is a dedicated friend, he will always be there for him but there is no awareness there of what Yashiro is really like. I don't dispute that Kage cares for his friend to the extent that he is capable of, but he is as dense as ever regarding Yashiro. He surely knows a lot about his friend, mostly what is outside to see - but he can't see him beyond his own long established idea ( the way he describes him to Doumeki and has a tone of pity that Yashiro resents so much) .
LulumelonJan 8, 2018 8:40 PM
Jan 14, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
@Lulumelon First, welcome to this site! It’s great to see a fan of this series :)

I like that you acknowledge Kageyama does care for Yashiro. Kageyama is caring in a more reserved way. He isn’t the type to ask questions or really invade anyone’s privacy; he gives people their space, so I think that contributes to his attention. Kageyama pays attention to more physical things, rather than emotionally or through a sixth sense. An example would be Kageyama to Kuga; Kageyama didn’t bother Kuga very much when he learned about the latter’s abuse, and we know that Kageyama loves and cherishes Kuga. X)

Your comments led me to revisiting chapter 7, when Doumeki and Kageyama chatted in a restaurant. Kageyama explained that Yashiro, “wasn’t the type of person to depend on others or seek advice.” In a way, that could really be closed-off; Yashiro and Kageyama’s relationship consist of respecting each other’s privacies and having a comfortable distance. Kageyama shared that he and Yashiro hadn’t seen each other in a while after graduating from high school, and Kageyama told Yashiro many times to leave the yakuza. Knowing Yashiro, our protagonist didn’t tell the doctor about what happened, or how he felt… This leaves room for what-ifs; what if Kageyama stayed by Yashiro’s side after graduation? Would Yashiro still be in a gang? How would Kageyama’s understanding of Yashiro change, if not for their separation? Without that time spent together, Kageyama’s thoughts on Yashiro didn’t change (not that he didn’t have any opportunities afterwards… ><); he already had an impression of Yashiro, and having had a different understanding of Yashiro when they were in high school (never expecting pity from others, being unable to relate to others….), has stayed with him today.

So, Kageyama and Kuga both pay attention. Kuga is observant, while Kageyama isn’t, lol. It’s great that Kuga shares his observations with Kageyama. So, although Kageyama wasn’t the first to realize Yashiro’s feelings for Doumeki for example, he chose to pay attention to Yashiro this chapter through his question, which is great! 😊 Vocalizing what he knows now is a change. Kageyama was behaving as a friend, not as a doctor treating his patient’s wounds. <3

In truth, of all people, his friend of 20 years is still as dense as ever when it comes to 'noticing' and 'seeing' him even when something is obvious to other people ( like Kuga).
Sometimes, outsiders can see clearer than insiders (I’ll consider Kageyama an insider; he’s family to Yashiro in the way he cares for our yakuza, and admits to forgiving our protagonist no matter what he does ;____; there is unconditional love </3). So, besides how observant Kuga is (please learn from him Kageyama, lol!), Kuga has that luxury of making judgements about Yashiro, without being tied down by the knowledge Kageyama has gained in the past 20 years… Kageyama has seen and felt what he learned about Yashiro for many years, before Doumeki and Kuga have even met him. ☹ So, I don’t think it is fair to compare Kuga and Kageyama; the two possess different skills, and knowledge and impressions of Yashiro. I think if Yashiro was more open to Kageyama, he may notice so much more. But again, the funny reality is that sometimes, people who are more distant from us can see things that people closer to us don’t see.

So, the fact that Kageyama asked, "But weren't you in love with him?" with no hesitation, is a start. Kageyama may start paying more attention. Thanks to Kuga sharing his insights, Kageyama may change his “own long established idea,” as you worded. I hope that from now on, Kageyama can give Yashiro more support. It would be nice if both parties could depend on each other more.

Thanks for liking my initial post too! :)
Cloe900311Jan 14, 2018 3:38 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai Chapter 56 Discussion

Stardew - Feb 3

1 by mugen_ga »»
Feb 27, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai Chapter 27 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Jun 11, 2017

17 by Seta_Reh »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai Chapter 25 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 31, 2017

4 by Seta_Reh »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai Chapter 24 Discussion

Stardew - Dec 8, 2016

6 by Seta_Reh »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:10 AM

Poll: » Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai Chapter 23 Discussion

Seta_Reh - Jun 10, 2023

0 by Seta_Reh »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.