Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2017 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
My anxieties about the director change is fading away, show is really good so far.

Super cool ED.
Oct 15, 2017 6:37 PM

Oct 2016
Psst, its Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto
Oct 15, 2017 7:29 PM
Feb 2017
Does anyone know what the name of the song that play towards the end of the episode that sounds kind of choral? I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find it.
Oct 15, 2017 8:44 PM

Jul 2017
omg kekkai sensen is so fun to watch. How can something be so nice and enjoyable? Same degree of niceness from the first season, thank god <3
Oct 15, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
An apple a day probably can't help you in that world, your going to the hospital whether you like it or not at least once. This episode was much better than the first, not that the first was bad or anything, it was great, but this one was fantastic.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 15, 2017 9:40 PM

Jun 2014
Nyron said:
oracionseis said:
Guys i didn't understand the message that leonardo sent to Klaus does this have something to do with me forgetting everything about season 1 ?

Yeah, in order to beat bloodbreeds, you need to know their name. Leo uses his sharingan to see their names, so Klaus can seal them away

SIOPAOBUN said:

Honestly though I really miss her. The difference between the rest of the show and that fantastic ending sequence is like night and day. That said, the episode was better than I thought it'd be. Worldbuilding is always going to be welcome.

traditionally arent OPs and EDs directed by someone else? I'm sure rie had input but the last OP/ED being so good was probably someone else's doing

Quickly checked the staff again and Rie Matsumoto is credited for the OP/ED as well. In general, she also has this distinct rhythm and pacing when storyboarding so it stands out.
Oct 16, 2017 1:49 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I really enjoyed this episode. After the first one, I wasn't sure I wanted to watch the second season since I was kinda iffy about the first season, but this episode banished those doubts. I definitely want to see more.

I would totally welcome the doc as a regular or recurring chara, esp as a love interest for Klaus... Is it strange that a VA of NobuKen's status played a throwaway character? Maybe he'll be back again?

I may be wrong, but BBB&B (Bed Bath Blood & Beyond??) is by far the most manic, fast-paced series of all the 1,000+ series I have watched. Sometimes I think I might follow better if try it at 0.5x playback.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 16, 2017 2:18 AM
Jul 2017
Shelbie__ann01 said:
Does anyone know what the name of the song that play towards the end of the episode that sounds kind of choral? I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find it.

It's called "Eternalism" by Oh My Girl.
Oct 16, 2017 4:41 AM
May 2010
Great episode, I still miss Rie Matsumoto but currently, I still enjoy the show. As for the ED, Sugar Song is still my favorite but you can't write out the current ED.
The song is nice and energetic while the visual is kinda funky and chaotic, it perfectly captured the show's zany cast.
I still don't really like the OP though.
Oct 16, 2017 8:16 AM

Oct 2008
Klaus used it again! The sealing Brain Grid Blood Battle Technique form 999!!!
OST this episode was glorious!
Miss Estevez VA was surely Maaya Sakamoto!
The heck happened with Mr.Renfro.Zapp!?!? haha!
5/5.

Oct 16, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2017
Covering up most wackiest chaotic timeless never ending destruction, however it's way more massively tense up execution build-up from every characters where highly aesthetic plus adding huge out of tone traits.

Zap is still recovering until that mutt gets beaten his own ass up

>Chain Screen time

Count me in, Ain't she quite darin' and a "BAE" in the pv ;)

-HippySnob-Oct 16, 2017 9:32 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 16, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2016
I loved the little information on how it was like when the collapse happened. And the vampire dude, let's call him Dio, was pretty great too considering that the craziness was probably the norm to him.
I can't wait to see next week's episode. Seems pretty interesting with Chain having a ton of screen time during the preview.
Oct 16, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
Lmao, poor Zapp this time.

Solid episode.

Oct 17, 2017 1:06 AM

Nov 2013
JEEEEEEEEEZZZ ! The production quality for this episode is crazy , felt like I was watching a movie .

Very nice introduction of Maaya Sakamoto as Doctor Estevez . Plus her in her full form is 10/10 . Didn't think this season could top the episodes from last season , but this one certainly changes my mind.

All in all very pleased so far . I wonder who the VA for the blood breed was tho , i wanna say it's kenichi but can't be sure .

I swear because they're married , Maaya and kenichi are always in animes together . Can't complain

Almost forgot , big props to the music guy ! veru unique and novel
herricklukOct 17, 2017 1:11 AM
Oct 17, 2017 2:11 AM

Nov 2012
As always, it's was fun! Good to see more about the "apocalypse" three years ago, that adds a lot to the universe background which is great!

I'm a bit disappointed by the opening and the ending, the animation is good but at the musical level we are below to the first season in my opinion... Too bad... But the opening and ending of the first season were so great that it's hard to make better, especially for the ending!
SoliniummOct 17, 2017 2:15 AM
Oct 17, 2017 5:26 AM
May 2016
So... should i ship KlausxLuciana ? It looks like they have interest for each other, just my point of view tho.

Great episode anyways
Oct 17, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
herrickluk said:
All in all very pleased so far . I wonder who the VA for the blood breed was tho , i wanna say it's kenichi but can't be sure .
Don't worry, the VA for the Blood Breed was indeed Kenichi Suzumura.
Oct 17, 2017 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode. Holy shit the music during Klaus' fight at the end was flawless! Zapp was hilarious and Steven was a badass as well. Really have no idea what Leo was doing with that Phone but it helped Klaus in the end.

I liked how during the episode the "Love" sign was just in shambles. Then at the end it had a picture on the wall where the letters were "Hope" instead of "Love" I really dug that.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 17, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2017
The flashback sequence was nicely done in this episode. Next week is going to be a good episode. Some insight into Steven and some Chain shenanigans too. Speaking of Chain, I can't wait until her chapter gets animated.
Oct 17, 2017 8:53 PM
Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Zapp lol. He looked like a fool this episode.

It's interesting to see more background story (3 years ago) about this fictional version of New York. This episode reminded me of how awesome Klaus is again. His abiliies and commanding presence reall stands out.

From the storytelling, I kinda like the style they did this week. It felt different compared to some of the other episodes but works quite well.

felt different cuz different series composer and director this season
I much prefer matsumoto rie
Oct 18, 2017 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was beautiful. Loved not only the theme of the episode, but also the art, and the comedic moments as well, despite how few there were.
Klause getting to save the hospital that he failed to 3 years back was great. The fact that it was because they added Leo to the team that they managed to kill off the demon this time round can not be understated.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 18, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty interesting little episode. Still think this season's struggling to come together a bit. But I enjoyed it. The clone doctor and in fact the whole story of the haunted hospital felt very Trigun. One thing I'd like to see in the rest of this season. I feel like we've gotten an unreasonable focus on Klaus in these first two episodes. While characters like Chain (who was always kind of in the background) and Zapp (who used to feel like an important character) take the backseat. Zapp had some funny moments in this one. But I'd like to see more stories about him in the weeks to come. Still curious if this season will attempt to come up with an overarching story. Like the first one did. Or just give us 12 episodic adventures.
Oct 18, 2017 1:44 PM
May 2014
Very cool background story! I also can't get enough of the animations when they call out their special moves.
Oct 19, 2017 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
It looks to me they made the first episode that chaotic to - with lack of better terms - open up the season with a bang. The second one starts us with the narrative bit. I'm betting on the Blood Breeds as the overarching plot this season.
Oct 20, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
Doctor girl have a great power! Hope to see more of her.
Oct 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not even gonna lie. I almost dropped this anime halfway through the 1st episode, but I decided to stick through and watch it. Then BAM, this 2nd episode was fucking awesome. Holy shit, I was not expecting that at all. Part of the reason I was about to drop this anime because there's like no sense of plot or direction. Random shit happens every time and makes no sense. But even though this episode was random, I was impressed.
Oct 20, 2017 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
I've been pretty off with anime this year but man this plus Boku no Hero Academia have been getting me back into it so hard. Amazing episode
Oct 21, 2017 8:39 AM
Jul 2009
I just wanna know who stopped all those building from crashing into the ground and killing Steven & Klaus The bad guy said something about there being a powerful caster.
Oct 21, 2017 5:37 PM

Oct 2014
This season is better than the first in every way. Just so good!! The jokes, the action, the drama, it's finally reaching it's potential!!
Oct 21, 2017 11:48 PM

Mar 2017
I love Klaus's character so much!

Kinda shipping him and the doctor now.
Oct 21, 2017 11:48 PM

Mar 2017

Oct 21, 2017 11:49 PM

Mar 2017

Oct 23, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Hospital shows up and flashback to klaus and steven in the great collapse.
Doctor got powers and bloodbreed with his dog from back then killed off now.
Oct 31, 2017 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
A bit better than the first episode but i think that it was wasted potential, could be more interesting if the flashback was not so rushed. The villain and the dog monster ruined the episode for me. Cool to see Steven and Klaus fight! The female doctor was funny. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 8, 2017 5:52 PM

Sep 2017
Poor Zap. All this action and he’s missing out because of his injuries. Although they wouldn’t be at the hospital if it wasn’t for him so I guess something good can ffom it!

Great to see Klaus and Steven fighting together. Well animated and it was nice to see them have more screentime.

Loving the flashbacks to the Grear Collapse. Felt like we learnt a little more about it this episode and with Klaus crushing on the doctor that was the icing on the cake. I was so glad to see she survived after the event and still strong those long 3 years. Her transformation totally caught me off guard though! Good job Zap for taking the hit for the team there xD

Hope we see more of Estevez later on. The dynamic she shares with Klaus is too good to miss out on!
Nov 26, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
The new OP and ED suck in comparison to S1's, but anyway.. that doc's transformation was surprising. I wish I could make copies of myself like that.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 10, 2018 12:55 PM

May 2012
Another quite intense episode, let's see what's next!
Jan 23, 2018 8:16 PM

Mar 2015
Really good episode, I really love how this world is set up!

Also, that ED is too groovy
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 10, 2018 8:03 AM

Dec 2010
What a cool ending, I love it. Getting some story background for once was nice too.
May 16, 2018 7:53 PM

Oct 2017
Klaus says that between him and Steven they can speak a total of 9 languages after Steven wonders if the Blood Breed can speak English. That means they're currently speaking English throughout the show. Klaus' attacks are in German, and Steven's attacks are in Spanish. That means Klaus can speak English and German, and Steven speaks English and Spanish. That only tells us 3 out of 9 though. What are the other 6? I've finished watching the show, and it never gives me an answer to that. For some reason its driving me crazy. If anyone can help me, please do.
Dec 14, 2019 6:16 AM

Sep 2018
Excellent this second episode that sheds light on what happened in the place where the story of this anime series is told and which was never mentioned in the first season. I am pleased that new characters have arrived.
Jul 23, 2020 5:02 AM

Jul 2015
Cool to see New york at the day that it changed. Damn got some goosebumps when Klaus, Steven and Estevez paid back that blood breed bastard and his mutt for what happened 3 years ago. Kinda ship that new girl Estevez with Klaus. Rip Zapp...he kinda brought that punch to himself to be honest...

Dec 23, 2020 5:57 AM

May 2018
Lol poor Zapp xD he got the short end of the stick not once, but twice this episode
Dec 31, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2015
This show just keeps on giving! An awesome eps with a little dash of back story to boot!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 24, 2021 12:05 PM

Apr 2018
He's always so damn funny, my man Zapp.
Wow, an reunion. She's pretty hot in her adult form.
She used Zapp as a decoy to slice up the dog xD
MVP goes to Zapp

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 24, 2021 5:16 AM
Jun 2021
Hey guys, i want to ask a question maybe this question a little bit weird bc im just curious about the old song in kekkai sensen, maybe if you guys could tell me whats the song name (this song came up in kekkai sensen episode 2 season 1 in around minute 00:40). If you know that song please tell me bc i really love an old song. Thank you and sorry for my bad english :')
Nov 24, 2021 6:24 AM

Mar 2019
Now that was a coincidence, with the vampire and the dog coming back, but this time they had Leo. Amazing Steven+Klaus combo again. Steven especially is SO GOODDDD. He could pass as my favorite character from Kekkai Sense. That moment where he protected Leo was so hype. Nice OST as well.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 14, 2022 3:07 AM

Jan 2020
This episode is another 10/10 again. This is even more fun than the first season!
Aug 24, 2022 7:32 PM

Dec 2018
even though it was kind of silly it was really touching.
Dec 16, 2022 10:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a secret around a hospital!!! kekeke
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.