Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 14, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Zapp lol. He looked like a fool this episode.

It's interesting to see more background story (3 years ago) about this fictional version of New York. This episode reminded me of how awesome Klaus is again. His abiliies and commanding presence reall stands out.

From the storytelling, I kinda like the style they did this week. It felt different compared to some of the other episodes but works quite well.
Oct 14, 2017 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like I've said it many times this season; but this episode was a lot better than the first one.
While I liked the mindless chaos that it was; this flashback episode was so hype. Klaus is my favorite character and seeing him work together with Steven, reminded me of the start of bungo s2 with the flashback of MC's story; which to date is probably my favorite arc of any supernatural/action shows.
I hope we get more flashbacks in the future.
Oct 14, 2017 12:54 PM
Aug 2017
YES!!! This new ep makes me crazy @@ Just look at it!!!! Klaus and Steven together fighting???????????????? Klaus's cute expression??????????????????????? Damn good and smooth animation????????????????????????? OMG JUST KILL ME ALREADY @@@@@@@
Oct 14, 2017 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
I hope we see that doctor again in the future.

Blood Breeds really are insanely op in this series...

I didn’t think the dog could talk so I was really surprised when it started talking lol

Zapp is still as funny as ever.
Oct 14, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2014
Lol Zapp was hilariously sad in this episode. Not much he can do when he's injured though.

That was a cool flashback focusing on Klaus and Steven and the action in this episode was great. Looking forward to the next one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 14, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode T-T
Oct 14, 2017 1:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Zapp got REKT hard in this episode xD

Still, this was a fantastic episode filled with a really interesting, tragic yet touching self contained story and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all play out both in the past and present day, and it was all wrapped up with some awesome action sequences too

That doctor girl is pretty cool too....I kinda ship her with Klaus now lol
Oct 14, 2017 1:57 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Was pretty cool that we got some backstory of Klaus and Steven encountering the hospital and the dude who attacked it and then end up fighting again 3 years later. Also poor Zapp, he doesn't get much credit but he is the true MVP.

The ED is really damn good. I love it just like the 1st season's ED. Very excited for the next episode.
Oct 14, 2017 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
Zapp couldn't catch a break in this episode. He couldn't do anything while injured, but he's truly the MVP. The flashback was pretty cool, focusing on Klaus and Steven when they met some guy three years ago and beating him three years later. They met a really cool doctor. The action was epic.
Oct 14, 2017 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
The flashback with Klaus and Steven was so hype! It was so satisfying when both of them and the doctor got their revenge. Lol @ Zapp xD
Oct 14, 2017 2:15 PM
Feb 2016
well this was not such a good episode but zap got his ass kicked so it deserves a 5:D
Oct 14, 2017 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Lol even in such a state Zapp is still funny.

Oct 14, 2017 3:00 PM

Nov 2012
Ah such an awsome episode better then the 1st and loved the ending song aswell.
Oct 14, 2017 3:15 PM
Oct 2016
I found last weeks episode to be just a bit too noisy and all over the place so this was much better and a lot more like how good I remember the first season being, end credits are also really good of course.

Next week's episode is called Day In Day Out and that shares a title with a bonus chapter from the Trigun manga (it's one where Vash does that egg balancing gun training that got adapted into a few scenes of one of the anime episodes). So I'm not sure what to expect but you can never be sure with this show.
Oct 14, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Zapp getting owned by the dog was the highlight of the episode. It was so sudden I lost my shit xD
The doctor girl is pretty cool, so was the bad guy of the episode (too bad he was defeated at the end, but antagonists in this series tend to last very few anyway).

ED was better of what I expected, especially since the previous one was hard to beat. It gave me a Space Dandy feeling.
Oct 14, 2017 3:53 PM

Aug 2016
I love every script, character and scene of this anime, seriousness, happiness, sadness, this anime has everything ...

The care that gives the studio to the animation is amazing, everything is full of details that make this anime a delight for the eyes.

Amazing episode, I was waiting for this with a lot of desire.
5/5

Kekkai Sensen could enter on my top 10 favorites anime, the reason? is simple, it reminds me of why I love anime so much.
Oct 14, 2017 3:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yup, like people said, it was even better than the first episode and the first episode was already pretty damn solid.

Also, that ED might be one of my favorite this season.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 14, 2017 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
Really cool fights.
They taught that "dog" a lesson.
Oct 14, 2017 5:04 PM

Apr 2014
The first half of the episode was great and expected. I loved it up until the point they brought up the dog monster coming back. Then all hell came loose and nothing made sense. The new girls was suddenly a badass looking chick doing a bunch of different things, sometime near the end she turned back to normal with how she looked before this new mini me. Oh look suddenly the vampire guy is back too. The flashback with Klaus was cool and all, but I wish we had a little more info than all of that being jam packed into one episode...

[Artist] • [Streamer] • [Writer]
Seasonal Anime Watcher!
Oct 14, 2017 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Another epic episode. That was a cool fight with Steven and Klaus vs the other dude.
Felt bad for Zapp when he got hit by the dog, he's always in pain. At least he was avenged. Also the ED song is great
Oct 14, 2017 6:54 PM

Oct 2012
Great story and the art was so beautifully detailed. Not sure if I even blinked.
Oct 14, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2014
The music is so fucking good, especially that melody like song
Oct 14, 2017 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
Sonic is the real MVP this episode. If he didn't hold Zapp soul long enough he will die.

Anyway next is Chain episode which is great.

Also still think Sugar Song to Bitter Step is better.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 14, 2017 7:51 PM
Jan 2009
DekuHero said:
I found last weeks episode to be just a bit too noisy and all over the place so this was much better and a lot more like how good I remember the first season being, end credits are also really good of course.

Next week's episode is called Day In Day Out and that shares a title with a bonus chapter from the Trigun manga (it's one where Vash does that egg balancing gun training that got adapted into a few scenes of one of the anime episodes). So I'm not sure what to expect but you can never be sure with this show.

This season is going back and adapting stuff the first one skipped - next ep is A+++ and is about Steven and Chain

Fucking love this season

RIP rie matsumoto may you never destroy another adaptation again
NyronOct 14, 2017 9:18 PM
Oct 14, 2017 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
Melody like song at the end was so fucking good.
Oct 14, 2017 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
Very enjoyable little romp.
Oct 14, 2017 9:06 PM
Aug 2015
THEY EVEN HAVE GHOSTBUSTERS in Hellsalem's Lot
Great episode indeed.

Oct 14, 2017 10:19 PM

Jun 2013
damn that awesome and the ED is good
Oct 14, 2017 11:41 PM

Jun 2014
Nyron said:
DekuHero said:

This season is going back and adapting stuff the first one skipped - next ep is A+++ and is about Steven and Chain

Fucking love this season

Honestly though I really miss her. The difference between the rest of the show and that fantastic ending sequence is like night and day. That said, the episode was better than I thought it'd be. Worldbuilding is always going to be welcome.
Oct 14, 2017 11:54 PM

May 2013
Guys i didn't understand the message that leonardo sent to Klaus does this have something to do with me forgetting everything about season 1 ?
Oct 15, 2017 12:32 AM
Jan 2009
oracionseis said:
Guys i didn't understand the message that leonardo sent to Klaus does this have something to do with me forgetting everything about season 1 ?

Yeah, in order to beat bloodbreeds, you need to know their name. Leo uses his sharingan to see their names, so Klaus can seal them away

SIOPAOBUN said:
Nyron said:

Fucking love this season

Honestly though I really miss her. The difference between the rest of the show and that fantastic ending sequence is like night and day. That said, the episode was better than I thought it'd be. Worldbuilding is always going to be welcome.

traditionally arent OPs and EDs directed by someone else? I'm sure rie had input but the last OP/ED being so good was probably someone else's doing
Oct 15, 2017 12:37 AM

Jan 2015
Aaw man, already reach feeling of guilt? And it's just a second episode. Oh well, at least Klaus can redeem it at the last minute.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 15, 2017 1:51 AM
Aug 2015
Nyron said:
oracionseis said:

Yeah, in order to beat bloodbreeds, you need to know their name. Leo uses his sharingan to see their names, so Klaus can seal them away

SIOPAOBUN said:

traditionally arent OPs and EDs directed by someone else? I'm sure rie had input but the last OP/ED being so good was probably someone else's doing

Fun fact, Leonardo use an app to translate from Beyond symbol to English, i love how Bones pay attention to details

Oct 15, 2017 1:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some good action-packed and well-conducted backstory episode. Undoubtedly, the better episode among the two that have already aired thus far and potentially one of the best of the show.
Zapp was definitely the most helpless character of this episode and that goes without saying really. Hence, a real pity xD. Klaus is the badass character that we imagined and I finally understood now that how Klaus managed to get the name of a Vampire earlier in the previous season. I knew it was Leonardo all along but I never figured his eyes could do that much. Well, that doctor who sacrificed her humanity for saving the patients was one cool character and it was awesome to see her take down the dog of that Villian. Best thing about this episode though was how the background story was handled and I must say that it was great. Lol Moment of this episode goes to Zapp screaming out his declaration of war not to realize that the dog has already been taken down and that too of his rival or so I imagine he'd like to refer it to as.
Overall, a spectacular episode and I hope the following episodes will be as good as this. 5/5
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 15, 2017 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
Much better episode than the first one, with lots of great action and an interesting story alongside it all as well. Also, I completely forgot that Leonardo's eyes could do that, but I suppose that made it all the more awesome. Also, the doctor could be pretty cool as a recurring character, what with her powers and her well-established links to several members of Libra.
Oct 15, 2017 2:25 AM
Jul 2016
Im really happy about Season 2 :) Its reminds me, why i love Kekkai Sensen so much :3
Oct 15, 2017 2:58 AM

Sep 2017
Zapp has zero chill LOL.

Another good dose of crazyness and some needed background for Klaus and Steven. I have to say, Hellsalem's Lot becomes more unpredictable the more you watch this show. Also, very nice action scenes. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 15, 2017 3:15 AM

Sep 2017
Another beautiful episode, I can't get enough of this show.
Oct 15, 2017 4:22 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nyron said:

Matsumoto Rie is credited for storyboard for both OP and ED animation in season 1 :) She also directed and did the storyboard for this season's ED as well.

Another exciting and enjoyable episode. Kept repeating the scene where Zapp's soul tried to leave lol. The song used during the last fight was beautiful and somehow really fitting. I also thought it was cool when it was shown that Leo was translating the Blood Breed's name.

oracionseis said:

Klaus has the ability to seal Blood Breeds if he says their true name.
Oct 15, 2017 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
good OP and ED... very good overall !!! good job
Oct 15, 2017 8:01 AM
Oct 2007
Nyron said:
oracionseis said:

Aaaaa~ I see! This was the only part I was confused about and was about to nitpick, otherwise this episode was very enjoyable for me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2017 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
Still confused about the huge monster that's in between the hospital
Oct 15, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
Studio Bones does not lose opportunity to show how good he is in his work. The episode was really remarkable in many ways, this time there was not only the goliard of the characters to be the protagonist, but also a lot of space for the plot and the knowledge of the characters. Yay!
Oct 15, 2017 10:07 AM
Mar 2016
I have no idea whether I should like this or drop this.
Oct 15, 2017 11:14 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode. A much different vibe this time around.

It's nice to learn more about Klaus and Steven's past, especially when the fog showed up.

Woah, Luciana in her final form was a total babe. When she first met Klaus, were they flirting with each other? Now I hope we see her again soon.

The ED was lots of fun, which is expected of course for this series.
Oct 15, 2017 11:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very enjoyable episode. Bones doing well here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 15, 2017 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
Zapp had it very rough this time around xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2017 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
Eh, collapse episode, wow.

Like others said, while I enjoyed the first episode, glad they're continuing with a more normal narrative flow.
Oct 15, 2017 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
This one was a bit easier to watch. Probably because of the fact the rap music wasn't forced into it like the first episode. That said the designs are solid.
Oct 15, 2017 3:29 PM

Dec 2015
I can't explain it, but I fucking loved this episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.