Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Masami's skills are really noticable especially with his body movements and precison.

I find it interesting that Tatara practiced with him this episode. Seems there's definitely a skill gap between the two. I have to admit that Masami is a bit strange in terms of personality. Still, his dancing ability is very elegant.

More of a buildup episode this week. I can't wait to see these guys take on the stage again.
Oct 14, 2017 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.

I kinda understand what the tall dancer dude and Marisa were saying about how the lead has to control the partner and flow of the dance but to be honest I liked Tatara's dance for what it was. Kinda similar to what Marisa herself said that the reason she liked Tatara was because he centered the partner while dancing, I kinda get what Marisa says now that in order to win Tatara's lead must be more commanding but I hope he finds a way to get that in while not sacrificing his original style. I'd rather not have him end up like that tall dude. Like Tatara himself said, the dance is supposed to be a cooperative effort.

Sengoku meeting with that overseas dancer was hilarious. XD

So the Tatara and Chinatsu couple are gonna take lessons from Marisa now, I felt pretty sad when Tatara told Sengoku that he was gonna get a different coach. I did love the moment where he did call Sengoku 'sensei'.

They actually entered the Grand Prix? Tatara is totally setting himself up for failure here isn't he?
Oct 14, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
hmm tatara enters the competition.... will he be able to impress the judges
Oct 14, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2015
What was that? WHAT WAS THAT HE GRAB LIKE THAT!?.

Sengoku never really teach Tatara he can't be called coach
Into the Internet!
Oct 14, 2017 11:56 AM
Sep 2012
Awesome episode as always! There's a bit full-body dance animation there for Sengoku, kinda happy to see it. I do like Tatara's original style more. The partner deserves a time to shine as well after all.

I..I didn't feel comfortable seeing two guys dancing tho. I need to get used to this, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 14, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2016
It's always sad how Japan likes to present gay dudes as uglysh creepy man with no qualms about engaging in sexual harassment and borderline rape. When is not that they're just bishounen fujobait.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but whatever.
HyperLOct 14, 2017 12:22 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 14, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Masami is a skilled dancer. He spoke some truth to Tatara. It was interesting to see them practice together. Sengoku meeting with his rival was hilarious. He got grabbed by the balls. Now Tatara and Chinatsu are going take lessons from Marisa. She's not going to be as nice as Sengoku. It was sad when Tatara told Sengoku Marisa is going to be his new coach. Let's see how he's going to do at the Grand Prix.
Oct 14, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
So Tatara and Chinatsu will take lessons from Marisa now.

Tatara got himself another rival. He is pushing himself too hard when he decided to enter the Grand Prix.

Oct 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
The fuck that dude just grabbed Sengoku's balls. That was weird and hilarious at the same time, and it was such a "WTF" moment.

This one was more of a transition episode as Tatara tries to improve his dancing skills, which still need a lot of work, evidenced by his dancing with Kugimiya. Hopefully he and Chinatsu can gain better chemistry practicing with Marisa.

Now they're entering a competition that they shouldn't even be in, let's hope they don't screw up or embarrass themselves.....that's probably going to happen though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 14, 2017 12:34 PM

Apr 2014
not a fan of this new rival....his character design is really creepy. i can't tell if he's in his 40's or not, but he looks super old

i also like how Tatara is trying to make dance a cooperative effort instead of how his rival is just swinging his partner around. i didn't realize ballroom dancing only focused on leaders, kinda sad considering both of the people are putting in a lot of effort
HyperL said:
It's always sad how Japan likes to present gay dudes as uglysh creepy man with no qualms about engaging in sexual harassment and borderline rape. When is not that they're just bishounen fujobait.

this as well....
belovingOct 14, 2017 12:39 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2017 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
Ah creepy Kugimiya is here. Didn't really like him as a character until recently. This manga is pretty good at making you get the wrong impression about it's characters until more is known about them; to the point that it's becoming a bit predictable unfortunately.
Tatara is finally starting to man up, Chi-chan needs a strong leader to deal with her personality.
HyperL said:

I don't think he is gay. I suppose it was their way to portray a latin dancer, since latin dance is not really a manly type of dance in their eyes. Not that it's better than your interpretation, actually I think it's worse heh.
Oct 14, 2017 1:02 PM

May 2016
Anathor said:

HyperL said:

I don't think he is gay. I suppose it was their way to portray a latin dancer, since latin dance is not really a manly type of dance in their eyes. Not that it's better than your interpretation, actually I think it's worse heh.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that he is gay, or at least that was the vibe they were going for with the character.

Firstly, I seem pratically identical portrayals in other anime and japanese games (all used for the same comical purpose).
Secondly, Sengoku asked what happened to him and he replied -"Recently, I've found true happiness in my life"- implying he came out of the closet.
HyperLOct 14, 2017 1:07 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 14, 2017 1:07 PM

Nov 2016

Lol that was akward

Great episode again, Tartara had to start from scratch, well it will be interesting to see the results from his and Chinatsus training,especially since Marisa was the coach.

Tartaras newest rival is a pretty intimidating fellow, looking forward to the competition against him and towards the Grand Prix too.

Next week is going to be hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2017 1:07 PM
Aug 2014
Dat T H I C C M I L F though.

Oct 14, 2017 1:23 PM
Jul 2014
Am I the only one or was the animation really poor at some times?
Oct 14, 2017 1:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The developments in this episode, i didn't see them coming.

Tatara going to another studio to get trained by Marisa, he needed a change of pace i'd assume and she's an actual coach really. Damn, didn't think that Tatara and Sengoku would separate.

Also Tatara getting really desperate and entering the Grand Prix without having trained too much.

I can see a massive blow up coming.
Oct 14, 2017 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
darn. I hope Tatara goes back to Sengoku one day. He looked a little disappointed there after hearing that from Tatara.
Oct 14, 2017 2:30 PM
Oct 2017
Actrion said:

Yes, I saw it too.

I don't know if its budget issues but the faces in this week episode were realy ulgy , mostly in the background it's very noticable.

I hope this will not last for the rest of the season. It seems fine in the 16's preview tought
ArctickodinOct 14, 2017 2:36 PM
Oct 14, 2017 2:41 PM

Sep 2012
Actrion said:

Yea I think the whole episode like that. Probably saving budget for later dancing focused eps.
Oct 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Sep 2016
sasalx said:
Actrion said:

Yea I think the whole episode like that. Probably saving budget for later dancing focused eps.
as if they are going to animate the dancing part lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 14, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
The chins in this episode looked so weird... oh well I hope they do a good job with the dance animations.

Oct 14, 2017 3:17 PM

Feb 2014
ZBlastHistory said:

Sengoku never really teach Tatara he can't be called coach

Well Sengoku is more like a parent than a coach.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 14, 2017 3:23 PM
Dec 2015
I'm so sad over losing Sengoku, but I can understand why.

Oct 14, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2015
I really love Tatara and Sengoku's relationship. Feels really like an older brother and younger brother, rather than student-coach.

Decent episode.

Oct 14, 2017 3:41 PM
Jul 2017
Actrion said:

I came on to say this. This is the first episode with a pretty notable quality dip and some off-model characters. Also probably the most gay-baiting in this episode of any in the series.

Still good, though. We're getting to the point where we're about to pass the English release of the manga, so this will all be new to me.
Oct 14, 2017 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Kugimiya is the complete opposite of Tatara. Leading is the key if Tatara wants to get better & win.

LOL Vassily grabbing Sengoku by the balls.

Tatara & Chinatsu training under Marisa now.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 14, 2017 5:10 PM

Jul 2014
Pouty Chinatsu is Best Chinatsu

Oct 14, 2017 5:54 PM

Jun 2016
HyperL said:

My thoughts exactly. It just made me think about what Terry Crews said recently. So it was kind of awkward that they used this moment to make a joke.

I'm sad but happy that Tatara joined another dance studio. It shows some growth, since Sengoku never really trained him. Unfortunately for Tatara, he's going to lose horribly in the next match since he's clearly not ready. But I suppose this makes sense, since in most Shounens the MC needs to lose, grow, then win.
MonoJuMalOct 14, 2017 5:57 PM
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 14, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
I'm liking this show more and more every week. I'm glad that the problem of MC "miraculously learning everything so quickly as if he were a genius" was tackled.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 15, 2017 12:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
dm106 said:
Dat T H I C C M I L F though.

Hyoudo's mom is too hot

Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode as always.

I kinda understand what the tall dancer dude and Marisa were saying about how the lead has to control the partner and flow of the dance but to be honest I liked Tatara's dance for what it was. Kinda similar to what Marisa herself said that the reason she liked Tatara was because he centered the partner while dancing, I kinda get what Marisa says now that in order to win Tatara's lead must be more commanding but I hope he finds a way to get that in while not sacrificing his original style. I'd rather not have him end up like that tall dude. Like Tatara himself said, the dance is supposed to be a cooperative effort.

Sengoku meeting with that overseas dancer was hilarious. XD

So the Tatara and Chinatsu couple are gonna take lessons from Marisa now, I felt pretty sad when Tatara told Sengoku that he was gonna get a different coach. I did love the moment where he did call Sengoku 'sensei'.

They actually entered the Grand Prix? Tatara is totally setting himself up for failure here isn't he?
All of this
Oct 15, 2017 3:33 AM
Sep 2015
Oh please, if that guy grabbed Sengoku-san by his ball he had to look more painful... it's his dick! (Even though the sound effect is kinda like balloon squeezing sound)
It's an interesting context of Japan media, I've see many (shounen) manga make a gay rape joke. Yes, it's wrong but my politically incorrect side actually love these kind of scenes, I've to guiltily admit it though.
Move on to the animation, Ballroom always trade dynamic movement with static but beautiful posted scene. But this episode is the opposite, it's uglier but has more movement (like Yuri on Ice) and I like it better. TV animation usually has no choice to choose both because of budget limitation.
Oct 15, 2017 4:01 AM
Dec 2008
I do like the short but emotional scene in the train ride with Sengoku and Tatara. Strong stuff.
Oct 15, 2017 4:21 AM
Aug 2016
HyperL said:
It's always sad how Japan likes to present gay dudes as uglysh creepy man with no qualms about engaging in sexual harassment and borderline rape.

100% this, I'm getting tired of it.
Oct 15, 2017 4:59 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh. This is what I need from this show. More old cast (Hyodo, Sengoku, Gaju, Hanaoka, and Mako) and less Chinatsu. Lmao. I honestly can't stand her and her "tsundere"ness. -_- I swear she's the reason why I'm on the edge of dropping this show. Ugh.

I missed Hyodo so much. I missed that handsome face. Hehe.

What happened to Tatara's face here? It's so clean. Lmao.

It was an okay episode. That Vassily guy, though. It turns out he's gay then he touched Sengoku-san's ochinchin. Lmfao. Ohmygod that face. Hahaha. And Sengoku's reaction I caaan't.

Tatara and his partner's new coach is Hyodo's mother from now on, huh? Ganbatte, Tatara.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 15, 2017 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Sengoku, having his poor balls squeezed like that from the Latin guy. Funny, but certainly awkward.

It's good to see Tatara and Chinatsu are getting lessons from Marisa now. They need all the lessons they can get in order to improve as dancers, although heading to the competitions without telling Marisa is brave.

Sengoku's performance only got a short amount of fluid animation dancing, but either way, it was very impressive. He and his partner only got third, but they still did good. =)

I'm hoping that Tatara and Chinatsu will do decently well in this competition, but I still have that small feeling that they might struggle again. >_<
Oct 15, 2017 7:47 AM

Jul 2016
Arctickodin said:
Actrion said:

Yes, I saw it too.

I don't know if its budget issues but the faces in this week episode were realy ulgy , mostly in the background it's very noticable.

I hope this will not last for the rest of the season. It seems fine in the 16's preview tought

came here to say this. not only the animation but the art as well.
wondering what happened because the previous eps were very beautiful

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Oct 15, 2017 11:04 AM

Oct 2017
Smudy said:
The developments in this episode, i didn't see them coming.

Also Tatara getting really desperate and entering the Grand Prix without having trained too much.

I can see a massive blow up coming.

It’s a good change of pace. This is why sports anime is great. The goal, eventual failure, and the resolve to improve. Cannot wait for his utter humiliation.
Oct 15, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
Ugh I'm getting tired of seeing still frames during the dance scenes.
Oct 15, 2017 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
Lemme guess, it's gonna be just like the Tenpei Cup, another still shots competition. I've eaten enough disappointment from this show. Dropped.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 15, 2017 3:32 PM

May 2015
And with this episode, Sengoku has fallen to the power of gay.

So Tatara and Chinatsu did make second place from their previous competition. A slower episode with Tatara and Chinatsu switching dance studios for a more competitive dance instructor with Marisa Hyoudou. And I just now noticed that Yuuko Kaida voices her. Haven't heard from her in a while. Glad she's here. I'm going to miss Sengoku...I hope we get to see more of him and Hongou going at it. I do find it jarring that the scene goes from switching to Marisa's studio straight to the next competition...Minimal instruction with Marisa before the competition? I guess next episode will be the one where Marisa records their dance and then the following episode will be them watching it to show their mistakes...
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:25 AM
Oct 15, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2009
The new rival is damn creepy...really, he looks like an old guy.
I was not expecting Tatara to change to Marisa's dance studio...
Oct 15, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, I really don’t like it when shows “evolve” and new characters and situations are introduced, I always miss the old stuff...sigh... I’m so sad about the studio change as well.

And...does the animation keep getting worse and worse each episode...?
Oct 15, 2017 6:05 PM

May 2008
Lots of whiners in the comments lol save it for tumblr, kiddies.

Season 1: Totally straight and normal. Nothing homoerotic here.
Season 2: Let's try and change that in one single episode.

Perfect episode.

Oct 15, 2017 10:03 PM
Apr 2015
Halfway in... and now they start butchering the anime quality.
Could not stand Tatara expression, neither of Sengoku.
sthing went wrong in production this week.
Oct 16, 2017 12:17 AM
Mar 2017
Good episode, not really one of the better ones. Dislike some of the changes in this episode, but oh well, I still enjoyed. Kinda excited to see them in comp, but I hope it's not exactly like last time.
longforgottenOct 16, 2017 6:06 PM
Oct 16, 2017 5:16 AM

May 2009
I am seriously concerned about the animation of this anime. From episode 13 I noticed a huge change in both animation and.. pacing perhaps. Personally I love the old cast and they have been left out a bit. I just really hate Chinatsu's personality.

The story on the other hand impressed me and keeps me entertained. I wonder how much they will fail at the Grand Prix. ..mhuhahaha
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 16, 2017 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode!
This episode Fujita really lacks on being a not even good but even just a fine leader he's still having deep trouble.
Fujita decided to go to Hyoudo's Mom dance school. and finally at the end of the episode decides to change dance school to Hyoudo's Mom. Since Sengoku is also busy on his own competitions and can't directly Coach Fujita.
LOL at Chinatsu's weird laugh!
Sengou placed 3rd at overall dance competition with other countries...damn russians are OP!
lolz at the 1st place russian suddenly grabbed Sengoku's balls because he has found true happiness! I rolled on laughter because of that! (when they run the opposite side) LOLZ!
5/5.

Oct 16, 2017 11:10 AM

Dec 2016
Tatara's very reckless for entering the competition on his own free will, especially when it's not suited for his level >_>; It's a huge risk! Well, hopping he won't screw up and embarrass himself in front of everyone. Other than that, this was a nice episode :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 16, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
I wish I were Hyoudo, so Marisa could be my mom.
Oct 17, 2017 4:21 AM
Oct 2015
After hearing the op the 4th time Im starting to really like it, cant wait until the full verison comes out
Heckle was here...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by Copie »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.