Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 14, 2017 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
what a beautiful episode ;-;
Oct 14, 2017 5:30 PM
Jul 2016
Kittens-kun said:
ZeMuffenMan said:
I mean it doesn't show any other characters apart from the 3 sisters and it is all pink and flowery. I think its a pretty clear indication about where they are taking the series.

That means absolutely nothing. Besides, there's going to be two openings anyway.

Isn't there only 2 seasons? I think kiriyama will face Meiji Shoya in the last eps of this season... or that's what I see from the Live Action
Oct 14, 2017 5:32 PM

Nov 2014
The OP was amazing, the Art was amazing, the Animation was amazing
It looks like Shaft have really stepped things up from last season
I was hoping for a sisters centered episode after the drawn out Shogi arc towards the end of the first season but it was still a great episode and it was nice to see the sisters there at the end (especially Momo)
I'm so happy to see the return of my 2016 AOTY
ChimeraredOct 14, 2017 5:42 PM
Forum Signature
Oct 14, 2017 5:36 PM

May 2015
Dikicchi said:
Kittens-kun said:

That means absolutely nothing. Besides, there's going to be two openings anyway.

Isn't there only 2 seasons? I think kiriyama will face Meiji Shoya in the last eps of this season... or that's what I see from the Live Action

This season is 22 episodes, just like S1. S1 had two openings. I see no reason to believe that S2 would be any different.

Oct 14, 2017 7:01 PM

Oct 2017
ReddayeSocks said:
KilluaSensei said:
where did you guys watch it?

I want to know too. The episode isn't even out on crunchyroll. :(

Why use legal stream sites when Erai-Raws and HorribleSubs exist?

Also, this is definitively the AOTS.
Oct 14, 2017 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was sweet as that Ramune.

So happy its back, such a heartwarming episode. Sadly there was little Momo in this episode T-T, Otherwise 5/5
Oct 14, 2017 7:12 PM

Jun 2016
Kougeru said:
I miss BUMP OF CHICKEN doing the themes. Maybe 2nd cour. I really hate how Crunchyroll just calls this "episode 23" for season 1...totally inaccurate -_-.

Spoilers a bit later....

Probably not that way later on.
Oct 14, 2017 8:02 PM

Oct 2010
JOKKER_e said:
Kougeru said:
I miss BUMP OF CHICKEN doing the themes. Maybe 2nd cour. I really hate how Crunchyroll just calls this "episode 23" for season 1...totally inaccurate -_-.

Spoilers a bit later....

Probably not that way later on.

Depends on how the show is condensed. They could easily reach that point within 22 episodes.
Oct 14, 2017 8:12 PM

Jan 2017
I am so happy it's back! Seeing Rei connecting with the shogi science club brought tears to my eyes. I had a feeling there wouldn't be time to show the girls and was so excited when they appeared.
Oct 14, 2017 8:28 PM
Feb 2017
moodie said:
This really isnt a first episode its more like episode 23 considering its split cour and it stopped where we left off lol. Stop judging it like its supposed to hook new fans. Its just another episode from last cour.

The official site backs up my statement

I get what you mean. But I have to say, seeing this is pretty jarring. It feels very different from the normal style with all of the things going on at the club. I wonder what he's doing from here. This one felt a little bit directionless, but still nice. Will his sister return? Is this his rise before a greater fall? I guess we'll find out next week.
Oct 14, 2017 8:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A nice, funny and calm episode this was, to initiate the Second Season of 3-Gatsu no Lion.
Personally, I loved both the Op and ED a lot but unfortunately none of them was as remarkable as the first Op or the last two ED of the previous season. Still soothing and really good, nonetheless. Best moment of this episode, hands down, goes towards the last minutes of the episode where Rei realizes just how close and involved he currently is with the Science Club and also his closeness with the Kawamoto family. Can't wait to see more of this and I'm glad this show is back all guns blazing.
Overall, a solid start to the Second Season. 8/10
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 14, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
the wait is finally over more lion!

great start but someone needs to call shaft they be abusing their budget already in one episode lol new aesthetic choices were wonderful to look at and overall looks like a improvement from last season
Oct 14, 2017 10:00 PM

Jun 2017
Amazing, as expected. Really like the ED.

Personally I prefer the tone and animation style of the previous season, but this is still great.
Oct 14, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode to start off the season with. Shows the real character growth, just needed more of the sisters.
Oct 14, 2017 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
Kougeru said:

Spoilers a bit later....

I hope so too, although if they covered the same amount of chapter like the first season, I don't think that arc will even be covered
Oct 15, 2017 12:46 AM

Dec 2015
How i missed this a lot , nice to see rei and his friends again and especially those 3 girls ,akari,hina, and momo
They're so cute
I like the op
And what is a ramune? Some kind of candy ? It made of sugar but idk
Oct 15, 2017 1:18 AM

Feb 2014
The hype is real!!! MOMO IS BACK AND THE CATS TOO!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 15, 2017 2:38 AM

Nov 2014
Yesss... I got my potion to relax my mind. Very heartwarming, cozy and calm.
Oct 15, 2017 2:46 AM

May 2015
The first thing I noticed was how happy Rei sounded in his opening monologue. Loved how proud and content he was when explaining shogi to his friends. I admit I cried a lil.
Oct 15, 2017 2:52 AM

Oct 2015
The opening is so beautiful ;-; YUKI's voice definitely suits the feeling of the anime compared to BUMP OF CHICKEN so I prefer yuki openings :D
Oct 15, 2017 4:33 AM

Feb 2014
Now THAT'S how you eat a cake.

Good to see Rei happy and actually enjoying something for a change.
I wonder if he'll start his own meth ramune lab and supply himself with some rumune pills, in order to use them as energy supplements during his matches lol.

The first opening is still the best one. But being a SHAFT OP, it at least looks interesting and unique, compared to your regular anime OPs.
Oct 15, 2017 4:51 AM

Dec 2015
IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!! IT IS SO NICE SEEING REI HAPPY ALL THE TIME!!! I MISSED HIM AND THE THREE SISTERS SO MUCH!!!! the op and ed are amazing and the animation is as beautiful as ever.
Oct 15, 2017 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
May comes in like a lion. first episode was great, i was honestly just smiling while watching this. especially in the scene after the credits
Lord_LamingtonOct 15, 2017 6:43 AM
Oct 15, 2017 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
The animation of the button/pin(?) at ~8:21 was unbelievable, had to re-watch it like 10 times, only to go back after the ep finished at watch it a few more.

Oct 15, 2017 7:56 AM
Jan 2017
What a way to get back into the thick of things, SHAFT you beauty, the creativity is mindblowingly spectacular
Oct 15, 2017 8:00 AM

Jan 2017
I'M SO FREAKING HYPED FOR THIS.

I can't contain my excitement. This is just a feast to the eyes...and the story really gets to you and is both heartwarming and beautiful.

EDIT: i ADORE how lively Rei is in this episode. He's talking so much, laughing with his new friends, eating and watching shogi with people who is actually interested. So much happiness <3

The cake scene is marvelous. I'm craving cakes so badly right now.
KannoSugakoOct 15, 2017 8:32 AM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 15, 2017 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
I have missed this show so much!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 15, 2017 8:34 AM

May 2015
I just love the openings/endings of this show. <3

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 15, 2017 9:04 AM

Oct 2016
It was... okay. I was kinda bored during the science lab scene in the second half. I feel like we've had scenes already where Kiriyama stops and marvels about how he now has friends.
Oct 15, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2017
Glad to have one of my favourites back.

Nice way to start off the season, new OP and ED were good, some new characters looking like they'll play larger roles. Momo is as adorable as ever.
Oct 15, 2017 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
Talcon said:
It was... okay. I was kinda bored during the science lab scene in the second half. I feel like we've had scenes already where Kiriyama stops and marvels about how he now has friends.
have depression and see how often u can marvel about brief happiness
Oct 15, 2017 10:07 AM

Feb 2011
Kougeru said:

Spoilers a bit later....

Probably not. We have around 2 chapters per episode like in S1 and the action cited occurs after 100+ chapters. This season will focus in the development of Rei and the shogi world, and the Hinata arc. I guess.
Music is freedom
Oct 15, 2017 10:38 AM

Oct 2010
KairosAevum said:
Kougeru said:

Spoilers a bit later....

Probably not. We have around 2 chapters per episode like in S1 and the action cited occurs after 100+ chapters. This season will focus in the development of Rei and the shogi world, and the Hinata arc. I guess.

So far, yes. First episodes generally have the most accurate pacing compared to manga, though. So I still think it's early to judge. There's a lot they could cut, IMO.

Furthermore, I didn't really specify "in this season". I'm hoping we get as many seasons as possible. Even if we catch up, I don't mind long breaks inbetween seasons as long as we keep getting more (Natsume Yuujinchou being a good example of that). If they keep the quality hope, I'll be happy.
Oct 15, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2011
Kougeru said:
KairosAevum said:

So far, yes. First episodes generally have the most accurate pacing compared to manga, though. So I still think it's early to judge. There's a lot they could cut, IMO.

Furthermore, I didn't really specify "in this season". I'm hoping we get as many seasons as possible. Even if we catch up, I don't mind long breaks inbetween seasons as long as we keep getting more (Natsume Yuujinchou being a good example of that). If they keep the quality hope, I'll be happy.

Agree, it was just the first episode of S2, but I already wanna the S3 in 2018 (although we don't have enough chapters for more 22 episode right now). But we still have a long year until there, let`s enjoy this season.
Music is freedom
Oct 15, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2012
I love this anime, already cant wait for season 3
Oct 15, 2017 1:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So good that this show was renewed for a new season. So a year later Rei is now 18 and seems to be more confidant. Pretty nice opening theme actually. May the time of spring and of rebirth. Its nice that Rei is now able to attend both school and club activities like a normal student. As a pro player Rei was a good choice to act as adviser i think. Visualizing the shogi pieces as cats is hillarious though. Its nice to see Rei has become much more confident with speaking to others though. The teacher throwing a tantrum sure is hillarious. Man so thats what a serious guy playing shogi looks like eating cake during a match. The analysis of the eating habits sure was hillarious. The science segment though was really funny and a interesting learning experience. Its nice to see Rei enjoying himself in something other than shogi. Interesting episode and its nice to see Rei and company again after so long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2017 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
Ah it was so nice to see the Shogi Science club study shogi together, this way Kiriyama won't be alone anymore and he can have some fun doing club activities. A sweet episode overall.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 15, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2011
So good to ser Rei happy, it warms my heart.
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 15, 2017 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
It's wonderful to see this show returning for a second season and thankfully, the first episode was really good.

Rei sounds more confident and happier compared to when we first saw him in season one. Being part of a school club and helping to teach the other guys, as well as the teacher, about shogi was really nice to see. Same goes for when Rei took part in making Glucose and baking soda. It shows how much he has grown as a character now. =)

Of course, we would see the lovely Kawamoto sisters again, and they were, as always, enjoyable to watch as they tried out the Glucose that Rei made.

The visuals were very good once again and the OP song from Yuki was very good. Brian The Sun's ED song is also a good song as well. =)
Oct 15, 2017 5:25 PM

May 2015
Good to see this back, and with a heartwarming episode at that.

Oct 15, 2017 6:27 PM
Apr 2016
khtgrfegeregegeg
Oct 15, 2017 8:06 PM
Apr 2013
Sangatsu is really in a league of its own and is *finally* back. Goddamnit, my body is ready.
Oct 15, 2017 11:37 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
Who knew that a scene about making ramune would bring a grown man to tears T^T too beautiful for thy eyes...

I am so overjoyed that my eyes began to leak some odd liquid while simply pressing play and in that first moment I realized this is going to be my top anime of fall 2017.
Oct 15, 2017 11:54 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
koplakever said:
Kougeru said:

Spoilers a bit later....

I hope so too, although if they covered the same amount of chapter like the first season, I don't think that arc will even be covered

WHY DID I CLICK ON THE SPOILER BUTTON AAAAH

now I am really excited fhshebfbe
Oct 16, 2017 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
Watching this episode felt like coming back to a warm home smelling like apple pie on a chilly autumn day. I just know I'm going to be enjoying this second season to the utmost!
Nothing is Completely Useless.
Oct 16, 2017 4:11 AM

Oct 2008
SHAFT strikes again and welcome back 3-gatsu no Lion!!!
so happy to see Kiriyama enjoying the club activity! creating Ramune!
so the Meijin even has trouble defending his title against Kumakura!
LOL at how the 2 Shogi Grandmasters consume their snacks!
and good moments again with the 3 sisters! so adorable!
5/5.
matias067Oct 16, 2017 4:26 AM

Oct 16, 2017 5:14 AM

Oct 2016
moodie said:
Talcon said:
have depression and see how often u can marvel about brief happiness

I don't care it's still dumb
Oct 16, 2017 8:30 AM

May 2016
I like how SHAFT has picked up where it left off, about 2 chapters per ep. OP and ED are just OK, got spoiled with BoC.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 16, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2015
Noticeably more visually dynamic, which may or may not be good. Personally not liking it too much, Sangatsu is better a bit more minimal and personal to me, which I'm sure it will become in certain future episodes
Oct 16, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2016
Vhailor said:

I wonder if he'll start his own meth ramune lab and supply himself with some rumune pills, in order to use them as energy supplements during his matches lol.

My thoughts exactly. I'm looking forward to it, actually.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 3-gatsu no Lion is getting a season 3 ( 1 2 )

ranzer - May 26, 2020

68 by Gaurxv »»
Yesterday, 4:56 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

247 by Matdredalia »»
Apr 13, 11:24 PM

» 2023: Who else hasn't given up hope for S3?

FMmatron - Jan 10, 2023

43 by DatRandomDude »»
Apr 4, 9:26 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2018

197 by anshumankrsingh »»
Mar 30, 5:03 AM

» Series recap before reading the manga

Lakitu64 - Mar 12

4 by Lakitu64 »»
Mar 14, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.