Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2015
Not_Important said:
Maruko-san said:
I can't believe a lot of people hate this episode. Because they think the characters are annoying. People hate Hanamaru because of her constant zura, Mari engrish, Ruby trying to be cute all the time, and Yoshiko's for her chunni antics., Chika for being shiny this and shiny that the whole time. People are complaining because the girls are barely have any other personality that is normal?? Oh please this is a fucking anime, not real life. Yet you guys didn't complain about Nico being annoying with her Nico Nico nii, Rin's nyaa, Maki imi wakanai, etc.

Did you even read episode 1 discussions or followed the original Love Live forums? There were a shit tonne of people there complaining about some characters, specially Nico. EVERYONE hated Nico.

The problem with Sunshine Season 2 is that they're OVERUSING the character quirks. It's like someone at Sunrise went like "Hey, we've already stabilished the characters and their quirks in the first season so now let's turn everything up to eleven and shove it on the face of the viewers, I bet they'll like it."

Turns out not everyone liked it, and now they're expressing their feelings about it.

Even though you make great points, I heavily disagree with you. Let me explain, Even though you say they're rehashing character quirks, they're giving us more about the characters in order for us to make them feel more real, the whole point of this episode is to give the characters more layers and stuff to learn about the character for us to understand, like how hanamaru is heavily religious and interested with , how we now that kanan, even though she acts tough and mature, she still has a more immature, scaredy cat personality as well.
hi
Oct 15, 2017 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode, best one so far for me! Nice interaction between the girls and more screen time for the other girls. And nice placement in the hot spring, Hanamaru-chan lol.
Oct 15, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Drock34000 said:

Even though you make great points, I heavily disagree with you. Let me explain, Even though you say they're rehashing character quirks, they're giving us more about the characters in order for us to make them feel more real, the whole point of this episode is to give the characters more layers and stuff to learn about the character for us to understand, like how hanamaru is heavily religious and interested with , how we now that kanan, even though she acts tough and mature, she still has a more immature, scaredy cat personality as well.

I didn't say they're rehashing characters quirks, I said they're overusing them. As in they're making the characters use / demonstrate their quirks too much, like Hanamaru saying "zura" all the time or Yoshiko being a lot more chuuni compared to first season and Riko making that "diamond shaped mouth face" all the time for no reason.
Oct 15, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2016
my heart almost exploded when Kanan was afraid of the dark <3 so cute
I still haven't decided who the best girl is, at this point its like a five-way tie
Oct 15, 2017 6:08 PM

Jun 2014
Yoshiko isn't a metalhead? Wtf what a fake goth, she should've loved Mari's song.

Also, loving all the Mari scenes as usual, nice to see her house even if it was only for a little bit, plus interactions with first years.
Oct 15, 2017 8:54 PM

Jul 2015
Did Chika's voice get higher... anyway, once again, watching the girls mess around while getting absolutely nothing done, and watching them actually attempt to get something done, are both entertaining as hell. They're all idiots in their own unique way.

And on that note, nothing brings people together better than fear of the unknown, being stranded in some strange building together, and being in just an overall bad situation where they are forced to work together to survive... or stop a leaky roof I guess.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 15, 2017 9:54 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
For real the 1st and 3rd years were pretty reserved imo so it was great to see them interact.
- Yoshiko armpits, like they really make them all detailed :)

Mari's so adorable when she's smug, that little mini game they had was priceless, the ball rebounds and hits Ruby lol
Not much of the 2nd years but I don't mind, I'm glad HanaYoshi and MariKanan got a bit of focus.

Oct 15, 2017 11:54 PM

May 2016
Best things this episode
1.Mari Statue
2.Kanan Airplane
3."Ah! It's an elephant!"
4.Nothingness
5."LET'S HEADBANG!"
6.Cat
7.Dia necktie
8.Oh Yoshiko's in this episode, cool...
9.Ruby is out of filler character status
10.Kanan Screentime

Honorable Mention: Riko in general.
Oct 16, 2017 1:24 AM

Jun 2011
I absolutely loved this episode, my god. An episode we needed and we got. While it is unfortunate to not see much of the 2nd years. this was a really good episode. It breaks my heart to see a lot of people hate the Aqours girls, and not give any of them a chance.

Guys stop holding onto u's, they're never going to come back.
Rayn3698Oct 16, 2017 1:28 AM
Oct 16, 2017 2:17 AM

Oct 2008
Same used concept...most of the episode, no one has achieved anything...until the last part...
3/5.

Oct 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
I really enojoy the episode basically because we have character devolpment, basic problem that has to be solved. I want to hear the song that is suposed to born form this episode.
Oct 16, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
YAY! More screen time for the 3rd years! I'm so happy!
A lot of interactions between Kanan and Mari, I'm in love...

The scene with Kanan cuddling the kitty killed me, she's my favorite girl and I love seing her being so nice with animals!

I liked this episode a lot more than the previous one, but that may be biased because the 3rd years are best girls :P

But I'm a little bit disappointed with Yohane this season so far. Her chuunibyou side is slightly getting on my nerves, last season it was very funny and refreshing but it's a little bit to much now for me, she doesn't seem to get a lot of character development besides comic reliefs. Plus she don't like metal! Why??? She's part of Guilty Kiss! Now I really want the 3rd years to sing a metal song :(

Same for Hanamaru, zura overload!

On the other side, I really liked Ruby in this episode, she seemed mature :) She may not be my least favorite girl anymore, but I'm gonna wait the end of the season to be sure.
Oct 17, 2017 12:42 AM
Oct 2016
Rayla said:
I absolutely loved this episode, my god. An episode we needed and we got. While it is unfortunate to not see much of the 2nd years. this was a really good episode. It breaks my heart to see a lot of people hate the Aqours girls, and not give any of them a chance.

They never asked them to come back. And they are not even holding onto Muse. They just said they want something "different" from the school saving drama and less character quirks because they are being "overused" which is quite true. Now I'm not really an Aqours hater, I do love Aqours (I love Chika You and Dia to death), but it's getting annoying at how Yoshiko's only purpose is to be Yohane (I don't hate her at all). Ruby is moe as hell (I don't hate her) and it's annoying. Maru has her Zura overload (I don't hate her either) and it's FRUSTRATING that it's their ONLY purpose left.
Riko is boring, her funny moments are not even funny, Mari's Engrish is SO annoying! Thank goodness she isn't dead last in my list, the last is Riko otherwise. Kanan acts cool always and the only other character trait that she has is that she is a scaredy cat. Chika being SHINYYYYYY instead of Mari is a bummer.
Riko, You, and Chika are the ONLY girls who have a purpose in Aqours.
Riko being composer, You being the designer, Chika being the lyricist. That's about it.

-My Review For This Episode-
I loved this episode, 4/5 because of the overused catchphrases or it could have been a masterpiece. That being said, I'm loving the new OP far better than Aozora Jumping Heart (my ears painl whenever I hear it). But I'm still not open to the ending, I liked the previous one better :/
Oct 18, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2011
Mikaru7 said:
Rayla said:

They never asked them to come back. And they are not even holding onto Muse. They just said they want something "different" from the school saving drama and less character quirks because they are being "overused" which is quite true. Now I'm not really an Aqours hater, I do love Aqours (I love Chika You and Dia to death), but it's getting annoying at how Yoshiko's only purpose is to be Yohane (I don't hate her at all). Ruby is moe as hell (I don't hate her) and it's annoying. Maru has her Zura overload (I don't hate her either) and it's FRUSTRATING that it's their ONLY purpose left.
Riko is boring, her funny moments are not even funny, Mari's Engrish is SO annoying! Thank goodness she isn't dead last in my list, the last is Riko otherwise. Kanan acts cool always and the only other character trait that she has is that she is a scaredy cat. Chika being SHINYYYYYY instead of Mari is a bummer.
Riko being composer, You being the designer, Chika being the lyricist. That's about it.

I loved this episode, 4/5 because of the overused catchphrases or it could have been a masterpiece. That being said, I'm loving the new OP far better than Aozora Jumping Heart (my ears painl whenever I hear it). But I'm still not open to the ending, I liked the previous one better :/

I don't see what everyone has against the school saving drama, if you want my opinion, I think they're doing a better job with it way better than u's ever did, because to be completely honest with you, I think the original Love Live completely threw away the "Saving the school storyline" right after their performance of 'No Brand Girls' and Honoka's collapse in the school's open house, I mean at the very next episode we're literally told, hey we can't participate in Love Live, BUT WE SAVED THE SCHOOL YAY! It was never bought up ever again, they were saved, but we didn't see how, we're literally left to assume that the concert was so much of a huge success that it was enough to save the school, even though there were barely any guests in the live itself.

At the very least, Sunshine is actually sticking to it this time, unlike in u's where they were literally given back their school magically, because apparently all it takes is a live concert, and their leader collapsing due to overwork. This time in Sunshine, I like to think the school saving drama makes sense, and I appreciate the fact that it's much harder for them to save it this time, since they literally go to an all girls school in a sparsely populated area! It isn't easy, and it was never going to be easy. They have to get 100 applicants by the end of the year, which is near impossible, realistically, given where they live, and the fact that it's an all girls school.

Maybe it's just me, but I saw their interactions as nothing more than just "plain old fun" nothing more, nothing less. And yes, while it is true, that it does seem like they are going a bit overboard in some parts of their "quirks" I don't let it detract myself from my enjoyment. Plus, we're only two episodes into the Second Season, and not all the girls are fully developed yet individually. I mean it was the same for u's as well, since, for example, it wasn't until Rin's episode in Season 2, that Rin evolved into a more dynamic character, since in Season 1 all she literally did to stand out was say "Nya" all the time.

Plus, I just got back from the Aqours Happy Party Train Tour Live Viewing, so I'm definitely a bit biased. :P
Oct 18, 2017 5:51 PM
Sep 2010
Rayla said:

I don't see what everyone has against the school saving drama, if you want my opinion, I think they're doing a better job with it way better than u's ever did, because to be completely honest with you, I think the original Love Live completely threw away the "Saving the school storyline" right after their performance of 'No Brand Girls' and Honoka's collapse in the school's open house, I mean at the very next episode we're literally told, hey we can't participate in Love Live, BUT WE SAVED THE SCHOOL YAY! It was never bought up ever again, they were saved, but we didn't see how, we're literally left to assume that the concert was so much of a huge success that it was enough to save the school, even though there were barely any guests in the live itself.

Except it wasn't just because of the "No Brand Girls" concert that they were able to save the school. They were able to save the school because of their rising popularity as school idol group. They became so popular over the season (almost as much as A-Rise) that it didn't matter if they won Love Live or not. There popularity alone was enough to get more spplicants and save the school.

Some people tend to dislike the "Save the <insert name here>" plotline because its such a simple, cliched, and overused storyline used in movies and tv shows. Although in my opinion its ok to use (re-use in love live's case) said plotline as long as its well written/done better than its previous installment. Which I agree with you on, LLS is so far doing a much better job with it than SIF. I mean it would of been nice to get a more original plotline instead of re-using one, but it is what it is. Which brings me to my next point.

To the people constantly complaining that they are just re-using the "save the school" plot need to do one thing. GET OVER IT. Its not gonna go away, they aren't gonna change it. Complaining about it isn't gonna magically make the show change its story (heck the JP doesn't give two shit what us westerners think), so just stop whining about it and move on.

Maybe it's just me, but I saw their interactions as nothing more than just "plain old fun" nothing more, nothing less. And yes, while it is true, that it does seem like they are going a bit overboard in some parts of their "quirks" I don't let it detract myself from my enjoyment. Plus, we're only two episodes into the Second Season, and not all the girls are fully developed yet individually. I mean it was the same for u's as well, since, for example, it wasn't until Rin's episode in Season 2, that Rin evolved into a more dynamic character, since in Season 1 all she literally did to stand out was say "Nya" all the time.

I honestly don't get why people complain about Hanamaru's Zuras. I mean its not like its any different from any other anime character who constantly end there sentences with -desu, -de gozaru, -de geso, -nya, -poi, etc. Also its part of her Nagano dialect and acts as a verbal tic, like how some Canadians end there sentences with eh. Its something thats normal so what the hell are people complaining about?
Oct 19, 2017 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
Mari is metal. She wants Aquors to do a cover of Radio Werewolf by Babylon Whores.
Oct 20, 2017 2:07 PM

May 2015
Fun episode. The girls are working hard towards their goal.

Oct 20, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2017
sitting on a roof by self at like 7am
"what are you doing"
"shining"

hhhwwhat What

(thanks kanan for saving me with the cuteness)
Oct 20, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2016
MrBluebear said:

Yes..I want the change of the plot story. Different story not only "saved the school" plot. Now I remember that this topic I had discussed in the early of LL Sunshine announcement before 1st season start. Ths is just MONEY issue why they create Sunshine & Aqours.

I really love both muse and aqours, but I want something more about aqours story. but we cannot assume, its just 2 eps aired. Maybe this "saved the school" plot is just minor story instead they will having bigger issue after this. Let's just we wait until when some muse member make appearance in this season and the NEW RIVAL of Aqours comes.....

From the way Sunrise is shaping the plot of Season 2 and actually carrying out the concept of saving the school rather than just magically giving it back to the idols, "save the school" will be the main plot of this season. It's important to note that no one has even mentioned graduation as of yet, so unlike School idol project's second season, it probably won't be a huge factor this time, if it's even featured at all.

µ's is never coming back. Guys, seriously. At the very most, we'd probably get a cameo of an aged-up Honoka, but the idol group is gone, and they won't return.

"NEW RIVAL of Aqours" = Saint Snow? o.O Where are my gymnast rock idols.
Oct 21, 2017 3:04 AM
Oct 2016
aryandil said:
MrBluebear said:

Yes..I want the change of the plot story. Different story not only "saved the school" plot. Now I remember that this topic I had discussed in the early of LL Sunshine announcement before 1st season start. Ths is just MONEY issue why they create Sunshine & Aqours.

I really love both muse and aqours, but I want something more about aqours story. but we cannot assume, its just 2 eps aired. Maybe this "saved the school" plot is just minor story instead they will having bigger issue after this. Let's just we wait until when some muse member make appearance in this season and the NEW RIVAL of Aqours comes.....

From the way Sunrise is shaping the plot of Season 2 and actually carrying out the concept of saving the school rather than just magically giving it back to the idols, "save the school" will be the main plot of this season. It's important to note that no one has even mentioned graduation as of yet, so unlike School idol project's second season, it probably won't be a huge factor this time, if it's even featured at all.

µ's is never coming back. Guys, seriously. At the very most, we'd probably get a cameo of an aged-up Honoka, but the idol group is gone, and they won't return.

I've heard somewhere that Aqours will have a different ending. So I understand that fact that graduation isn't relevant to the plot.
Oct 21, 2017 3:46 AM
Oct 2016
Rayla said:
Mikaru7 said:

At the very least, Sunshine is actually sticking to it this time, unlike in u's where they were literally given back their school magically, because apparently all it takes is a live concert, and their leader collapsing due to overwork. This time in Sunshine, I like to think the school saving drama makes sense, and I appreciate the fact that it's much harder for them to save it this time, since they literally go to an all girls school in a sparsely populated area! It isn't easy, and it was never going to be easy. They have to get 100 applicants by the end of the year, which is near impossible, realistically, given where they live, and the fact that it's an all girls school.

Plus, I just got back from the Aqours Happy Party Train Tour Live Viewing, so I'm definitely a bit biased. :P

I'm really sorry, but what Sunshine has been doing so far with Aqours is completely plot armor. They used the same story line, and are actually doing it worse, and the more unrealistic. In real life, if you have the risks of having your school closed down, it's either a hit or miss in the first or second try. If it's a success, then that's that. You have succeeded.

BUT if you don't succeed, you don't get second OR third chances. People think having to work your butt off is more realistic (which isn't true in Aqours case, all they do in practice is talk talk talk and do some stunts and that's it, we technically never saw them practice for any song except for Yume de Yozora wo Terashitai and Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare, and while this episode showed showed bonding of the members, they never showed us so let's not assume they did it off-screen). Yeah true working your butt off is more realistic, since 'practice makes perfect'.

We are informed in the previous episode by *cough cough plot armour cough cough* Mari that there would be no entrance exams the next year, but Mari bitched around with Kanan to create some pathetic drama and told it late, like is that even freaking realistic? If there is a SERIOUS problem, you tell it immediately! But no, Mari was like 'I'm not gonna open my mouth until they notice something's fucking wrong with me'!

They were informed about the school-closing (or rather merging, where did that go? We were told that Uranohoshi was supposed to be merged with another school) in the last season's Episode 6, but what they did after that? Heck they did NOT even talk about it after that freaking episode. After that episode they went to Tokyo and forgot about everything and they met Saint Snow (I wish they would appear again). They lost the competition. What did Chika cry for? Because the school was closing? No. Because they had zero votes? Yes.
After that the third year drama started and blah blah blah. After that they enjoyed their delicious STEWSHINE (or whatever it was in Episode 10), and after that You had problems with Chika's friendship with Riko, and after that they went to Tokyo again to find out more about Muse, and after that was Episode 13, and that was it.
Basically, they "TECHNICALLY" DIDN'T even CARE about the school until Season 2 (it was so sudden like omg).
Yeah sure, Uranohoshi's supporting students had told them they wanted to save the school, but that was utterly useless since they couldn't even participate.

Now in this episode, they are given a chance :-) let's enjoy Aqours fans! Since our beloved Aqours have a chance to finally save the school. Yay!

No. Sweetie, that's unrealistic. Chances aren't given that easily, and/or even in the cases of intercession, talent is important, especially in these kinds of situations. Some situations are fine, there ARE thousands of chances to be met upon, HOWEVER in Uranohoshi's case, it's not. And it's not ONLY Uranohoshi, there may be other schools that may be closing down! What about them? And especially in Numazu (where the Aqours girls live, note here that they don't freaking live in Tokyo that Uranoshoshi could be outshone by Otonokizaka, or it is the population dying in Numazu? Nah that's not possible, since they would be no chance for Aqours at all then..).

Basically, Aqours had intercession with them (which is the other word for plot armor in this kind of situation, had it been some other one, for example trying to get a job, it would work, or else it's a deadful no. It hurts, I know, to see something you love to close down.. but they are stretching it unrealistically too far), because of Mari's father being the whatever-related-to-school-we-don't-or-should-i-say-didn't-know-up-until-now. This is definitely not the case of try, try, and try again sweetie :-)

And appreciating the character quirks is nice, I myself don't really have a problem with Maru's constant zuras (since they are cute and are sort of an actual dialect or dialogue), but tbh Yoshiko's YOHANE and Ruby's moeness is too much. They have nothing else to do. I had said it before, and saying it again, I don't really have a problem with ANY character quirk, but it's basically ALL they have! And that's FRUSTRATING, because they don't serve an actual purpose in the anime other than to fill the role of the 1st years or 7/8/9th member. (I'm not gonna talk about Kanan, Mari, and Dia because they had the original leader and members of Aqours until Chika, Riko, and You came along and Chika was given the plot armor of being the genki leader like Honoka *laugh* I understand that it's Love Live but look at Ayumu from the PDP girls, she's the leader of PDP girls but she's nothing like Honoka or Chika I mean I am not confirmed but seeing her official art makes her seem humble, not-so-genki, and graceful unlike what he had from Honoka and Chika!).

If the only thing is keeping me watch this show, is that I'm deeply attached to Love Live. I love Aqours, don't get me wrong. But tbh ignoring it's plot flaws is just too much. (I also laugh at those Aqours fans who say that Aqours shouldn't be compared to Muse but they themselves compare Muse to Aqours lol..)

My rant is over for now, I'm sleepy..

BTW Off-topic: But I LOVEEEE your Motomiya Nagisa picture<3 Nagisa is best girl of AKB0048<3
Mikaru7Oct 21, 2017 4:00 AM
Oct 21, 2017 7:10 AM

Dec 2016
Mikaru7 said:
aryandil said:

I've heard somewhere that Aqours will have a different ending. So I understand that fact that graduation isn't relevant to the plot.

I've heard the same, and even with Sunshine's first "formulaic" season, you can tell how the writers are taking pains to shape Aqours much differently than µ's. Also, in School idol project, µ's had already saved the school by the beginning of the second season, so it makes sense that they reverted to graduation as the new main plot; however, this isn't the case in Sunshine so I can't imagine graduation taking away the focus from finding 100 new students for Uranohoshi.
Oct 21, 2017 8:58 PM
Oct 2016
aryandil said:
Mikaru7 said:

I've heard the same, and even with Sunshine's first "formulaic" season, you can tell how the writers are taking pains to shape Aqours much differently than µ's. Also, in School idol project, µ's had already saved the school by the beginning of the second season, so it makes sense that they reverted to graduation as the new main plot; however, this isn't the case in Sunshine so I can't imagine graduation taking away the focus from finding 100 new students for Uranohoshi.

I know Muse had focused completely on Love Live and graduation in the second season.

Even though I'm glad that Aqours will have a different ending (what could it be? Hmm.. my theory would be that they fail to gather 100 students.. that is kinda impossible because the opening song tells us that Aqours is crazy popular), I'm still bothered by the fact that they are stretching this too far and it's getting more and more unrealistic. However if they DO fail, I would say that everything Sunshine did until now is realistic, since without enough practice they shouldn't be able to succeed. But that's only if they do fail, or I'll rate this season 7.75/10 (ironically I'm not even that harsh on ratings..), for two reasons. One is if they keep on trashing You (who is my best Aqours girl) and Dia, and do not give any center song to Hanamaru without polls (Poor girl.. why does Chika need to have every center -_- even Honoka earned two centers by polls so her case is justified!). The second is that this show was a waste of my time, which is a shame because I gave the previous season 9/10 (it could have been 10 but the last episode ruined everything for me). But well.. let's see.... what the future will have for us..

Okay I just realized that you guys may not have even want to read all this blabbering and rant.. okay sorry I go too far XD
Oct 22, 2017 7:41 AM

Aug 2007
Best thing: third years, Dia actually becoming a real loveable character.
Worst thing: what did they do with the always shy Riko? When did she start randomly gao-ing? Also, the amount of fanservice in here. Kanan x Mari approved. But what happened to my You x Chika ship as it is slowly turning into Riko x Chika? ._. Also, where is the actual catchy OP? Can't wait till we actually get a fun song inserted. :) I just hope this second season will get better, cause it can't get much worse than this. Even the game is more likeable at the moment.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 23, 2017 1:19 AM
Oct 2016
DragonsWhip said:
Best thing: third years, Dia actually becoming a real loveable character.
Worst thing: what did they do with the always shy Riko? When did she start randomly gao-ing? Also, the amount of fanservice in here. Kanan x Mari approved. But what happened to my You x Chika ship as it is slowly turning into Riko x Chika? ._. Also, where is the actual catchy OP? Can't wait till we actually get a fun song inserted. :) I just hope this second season will get better, cause it can't get much worse than this. Even the game is more likeable at the moment.

I hope you don't mind but I would rather see You and Chika as friends, I mean, I agree that they are extremely cute together but even if I don't care about Riko, I still don't want to see You's friendship with Chika ruined and become something more.. I'm not a Chika x Riko fan in any way, I detest it because Chika hardly gives any love or attention to You and the relationship seems a bit forced (two strangers becoming lovey dovey..)
I always loved Dia though, I like Kanan and I don't care about Mari all that much.

I haven't played the game, but I heard stuff that it's side-stories are waaaay better than the anime itself.
Oct 24, 2017 3:10 AM

Aug 2007
Mikaru7 said:
I hope you don't mind but I would rather see You and Chika as friends, I mean, I agree that they are extremely cute together but even if I don't care about Riko, I still don't want to see You's friendship with Chika ruined and become something more.. I'm not a Chika x Riko fan in any way, I detest it because Chika hardly gives any love or attention to You and the relationship seems a bit forced (two strangers becoming lovey dovey..)
I always loved Dia though, I like Kanan and I don't care about Mari all that much.

I haven't played the game, but I heard stuff that it's side-stories are waaaay better than the anime itself.

Why would I mind, it's only anime! :v

Yes, I agree, You and Chika are great fans, but it's just that Riko has a sudden personality turn. We all know there isn't going to be a real relationship in here. I didn't really like Dia in the first season, but the non-series side stories made her more human and more likeable, which is also seen here, finally, in the second season. Game side-stories are definitely more fun, also cute, and definitely better than the second episode. ._.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 25, 2017 1:25 AM
Oct 2016
DragonsWhip said:
Mikaru7 said:

Why would I mind, it's only anime! :v

Yes, I agree, You and Chika are great fans, but it's just that Riko has a sudden personality turn. We all know there isn't going to be a real relationship in here. I didn't really like Dia in the first season, but the non-series side stories made her more human and more likeable, which is also seen here, finally, in the second season. Game side-stories are definitely more fun, also cute, and definitely better than the second episode. ._.

Ah! Okay. To be honest, I agree with your comment on Riko. Even though I thought she was really boring, I still liked her. But now that she's starting gao-ing and doing crazy stuff like everyone else I think she's gotten a bit.. annoying?
Nov 1, 2017 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Interestingly, they have made it so fun to narrate and carry at the same time the characterization of characters, as far as their interpersonal relationships are concerned. Extremely funny the episode, but not useless with regard to the plot, I'm very happy.
Nov 26, 2017 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
I like that they're coming together but omg I just don't like the youngest trio. I think my two favorites are Riko and Mari.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 26, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2017
More like awful taste, zura.

I had no idea Mari was a mosh monster, however! I'm beginning to like her more and more this season.

Jan 2, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2012
Mari's place is only good for slaking off lol
Jan 4, 2018 8:04 PM

Oct 2015
When love live ends and you have no choice but to rewatch. Wow, okay I can kinda hear My Mai tonight in the rain sound xd
Jan 27, 2019 6:32 PM

Jun 2015
damn can i live in mari's place pls?
Sep 29, 2019 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
That ball game was hilarious. It rebounded and hit ruby. XD

Overall, a good episode.

Nov 7, 2019 3:35 AM
Apr 2018
I found this episode kinda odd/strange. 6 girls in a budist temple, Chika sitting at the rooftop at 7 am "shining", the bath scene... entertaining, but odd. Loved how they all were simply eating and watching tv at Mari's.

I think I simply don't like Chika at all.
Jun 5, 2020 5:29 AM

May 2016
Mari's extravagant crib and unorthodox tastes in music makes her all the more ideal ♡

They all had a fun yet unproductive day but the payoff of their attempts to understand each other more came from quite an unexpected source. I legit got chills when they started hearing the beautiful tune of what will soon be called My Mai Tonight from the raindrops.

Shine on, Chikacchi, shine on!

Sep 15, 2020 6:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its funny how i still referencing this at Muses separated training camp to created another songs. Its suck. But, yeah, its really give me a nostalgic vibes that never caught off my guard really easily. So, with the second chance they got, a 100 quotes, could they made it? At least they still held the same feeling together, to moved forward to surpass the challenge in front of them. Its all they could do after so much hit they recently had. Only that.

What the girls had, there? A new experience to worked in a separating positions. Third class joined the first class gangs to helped Chika and Riko composed a new song. The hype was real. They had a funny moments. Zuramaru, Yohane 'the fallen' angel, and Ruby-chan armpits were never lost at my fully attention. Especially with the aggresive movement that Yoshiko had at the entire duration, its really a nice fanservices at my own satisfaction. Lol.

Ah, the moment of silent at the shrine. Its gave me another memorable silency for their struggle. Kanan's fears with the unknown sounds were so cute anyway. While in the backgrounds Ruby and Dia hanged in together just so relaxing to be watched. In the mean time, by the long silent they had, they somehow found the moment, a nice inspirations, that took the first lead, finally. Thanks by the sudden sounds of rains that appeared in front of them, they finally finished the disputes surround them and united all differences between all of their different tastes and thoughts.

Yeah, a solid episode to gave them a preparation to created another dream into reality, to created a chance into a succession, to created the miracles into their shines!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 19, 2021 12:59 AM

Feb 2020
Those overused catchphrases are getting tiresome but otherwise it was a better episode than the first one. Great character interactions and the overall atmosphere was very nice and relaxing.
Oct 10, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
This is honestly probably the worst episode of the series and is a great example of why Aquors are such a horrible group. They turn their character traits up to 11 and in this episode in particular they were too incompetent and lazy for me to feel like them finally coming up with a song was actually earned. They just fucked about getting distracted like 6 year olds for most of the episodes and they get rewarded for it.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 16, 2021 8:46 AM

Nov 2017
Nice little episode!~

For all its drama, I also have to say Love Live shines (hee) with its comedy too. It was great seeing the girls accept their differences at the end. I always like those kind of themes. Y'know, the one where two (or more) people are so different from each other, but they're still friends and love and care about each other!~
Mar 15, 2022 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Blessed By Buddha, Latom 🙏
Mar 27, 2022 9:26 AM

Jan 2022
Really enjoyed this episode, seeing the differences between the first and third years was fun
The one scene with all the close ups of their faces was so awkward though lmao I hate when animes do that
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
Oct 2022
This episode was enjoyable! This is legitimately the first LLSunshine episode I thought was fine- liked it even! I still don’t have too much hope they’ll keep this trend up after how bad every episode prior was, but this was much needed respite from how awful Sunshine has been. They’re still milking tropes and character traits like a lot of comments point out (though I like Mari using English in her Japanese because it reminds me of a lot of bilingual people I’ve met who do the same- less of a cute quirk and more just indicative of her being raised in two countries with different languages.) I used to like Yohane’s chuunibyo archetype, but I appreciated that it was paired with her desire to be Yoshiko who is more casual and shy; it feels like Yoshiko has been dead since aquors recruited her, and she’s only been Yohane since which is a huge shame since it’s never addressed, and now she just uses the name “Yohane” to answer sentences that try to include her into the narrative. As a result, she’s hardly part of the story at all anymore. Also, the amount of scenes where characters mirror each other or all reach the same conclusion conveniently at the same time really diminish the individuality that’s already lacking among most of the cast. Like a lot of comments have said, Hanamaru and Ruby don’t say or do much at all anymore, we still hardly know Kanan past being a terrible friend and then doing a 180 and being?? A big sis character type?? Or something?? Then we don’t get to hear from You at all, and her catchphrase is the only one that seems to have been dropped despite being the least intrusive and only ever being used in tandem with actual responses that aligned with it. I miss You since her one episode in S1 was probably the first, actual episode I could enjoy almost all of.
This episode then, I suppose, is actually the second I’ve enjoyed in the series. Despite my maintained grievances with the Sunshine as a whole, this episode was likable, and I came here to appreciate that. May the next ones continue in a similarly enjoyable fashion. I’d love more individual character episodes, and I’d love more actual training and idol activity episodes! This is an idol anime, after all, and I feel like that’s been pushed to the side a lot for school drama, and the idol content is over before you know it. May we get more idol episodes, more group development, more individual development and less boring, school drama.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.