Forum Settings
Forums

Automatically drop watching anime that hasn't been updated in months

New
Oct 14, 2017 1:40 AM

Nov 2015
As the title says basically. Would be cool feature if MAL automatically changes anime categorized as watching if the user hasn't updated in however long.
Should be a function that can be enabled or disabled in user's options so no one gets upset with it.

If they change their mind they can always set it to watching again. I have so much anime in my list I got bored of halfway through watching and will probably never finish, but it's too tedious to go through it all and pick which ones to set as dropped.
Oct 14, 2017 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
@iLolicon
Why drop you first episode dropper?
What's next? Ask it to be rated 1?
(Oh you aren't.)
Man, why not On-hold instead?
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 14, 2017 5:39 AM

Oct 2014
Wait WHY? It's my list, I want to update it with my pace. What if I want to watch the last episode of chaos dragon on my deathbed and pass away peacefully knowing that anime is dead?
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 14, 2017 5:44 AM

Nov 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
Wait WHY? It's my list, I want to update it with my pace. What if I want to watch the last episode of chaos dragon on my deathbed and pass away peacefully knowing that anime is dead?

I already said that it should be a function that the user can disable or enable, so what's the problem?

If you haven't updated it for months there's a good chance you never will.
Oct 14, 2017 6:22 AM

Apr 2016
I would kill for option of automatic drop system of bad shows.
Oct 14, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2015
Rayzer said:
@iLolicon
Why drop you first episode dropper?
What's next? Ask it to be rated 1?
(Oh you aren't.)
Man, why not On-hold instead?

On hold instead could be fine too I suppose. Better yet, if the user had the option to set it so it would automatically change to either hold or dropped depending on their desired choice.
Oct 14, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
iLolicon said:

On hold instead could be fine too I suppose. Better yet, if the user had the option to set it so it would automatically change to either hold or dropped depending on their desired choice.
How do you use your "On-hold" list?
It is designed for those anime/manga that had seen, but you got something else to watch/read because you waiting something more.
So why you are asking for it to be on dropped list? Dropped list was supposed to be used on something you seen but you didn't like it.
Oct 14, 2017 9:46 AM

Nov 2015
Rayzer said:
iLolicon said:

How do you use your "On-hold" list?
It is designed for those anime/manga that had seen, but you got something else to watch/read because you waiting something more.
So why you are asking for it to be on dropped list? Dropped list was supposed to be used on something you seen but you didn't like it.

I used it as you said. However you said why not put it in the on-hold list, so if some people would prefer that why not give them the option. For me I can drop something without disliking it, it just means I probably wont finish it.
Oct 14, 2017 10:01 PM

Apr 2014
iLolicon said:

I used it as you said. However you said why not put it in the on-hold list, so if some people would prefer that why not give them the option. For me I can drop something without disliking it, it just means I probably wont finish it.
Yep, someone was misusing the list categories.
Oct 15, 2017 1:44 AM

May 2016
Do you mean to drop it or put it on hold, cause the later is better.
Oct 15, 2017 3:11 AM

Nov 2015
Rayzer said:
iLolicon said:

Yep, someone was misusing the list categories.

Lol cos there is only 1 definte way to use the list categories? someone is a little salty.
Oct 15, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
I don't add anime I'm currently watching to my list anyway.
Oct 15, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2017
Arcuide said:
I don't add anime I'm currently watching to my list anyway.

I see you are someone of culture as well.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 15, 2017 4:08 AM

Feb 2013
MAL can't drop your anime for you, take your time and see what you want to drop or not.
How can MAL know if you are saving the best ones to finish for another time?
Oct 15, 2017 8:42 AM

Mar 2017
I think if you could set the time and list location, this would be fantastic. Any anime I start and don't watch in again in 2 weeks is "on-hold" to me and after 3 weeks it would be considered "dropped."
Oct 15, 2017 8:54 AM

Jan 2014
I disagree. That would be annoying have to fight with that every time merely because I choose not to update.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 15, 2017 3:23 PM

Aug 2016
I think you should know what anime you're not gonna watch anyway, I don't see why MAL should add a new feature just because you're too lazy to update your list
Oct 18, 2017 8:52 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
As someone who sometimes doesn't watch ANY anime for months, I wouldn't make any use of this feature... But it sounds like it could be useful for people who watch a LOT of anime, and might simply forget to change some to on-hold or dropped

Oct 19, 2017 7:40 AM

Nov 2015
DancingTheBa said:
I think you should know what anime you're not gonna watch anyway, I don't see why MAL should add a new feature just because you're too lazy to update your list
Because I can't be the only person with 50+ animes on my currently watching list. I don't know because often I will be enjoying an anime but then randomly lose interest and completely forget about it and it just sits there eternally in my watching list when chances are I'll never touch it again.
Oct 19, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2016
iLolicon said:
DancingTheBa said:
Because I can't be the only person with 50+ animes on my currently watching list. I don't know because often I will be enjoying an anime but then randomly lose interest and completely forget about it and it just sits there eternally in my watching list when chances are I'll never touch it again.

I have over 50 anime on my on hold and can still manage just to check the on hold list and pick the ones I lost interest in. And if you somehow completely forgot about its existence you can still just move it to your drop list since if you forgot about it you probably don't wanna watch it. The only problem I can see here is your too lazy to even check your watching list and pick out the ones you don't give a shit about and move it to dropped
Oct 19, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
DancingTheBa said:
iLolicon said:

I have over 50 anime on my on hold and can still manage just to check the on hold list and pick the ones I lost interest in. And if you somehow completely forgot about its existence you can still just move it to your drop list since if you forgot about it you probably don't wanna watch it. The only problem I can see here is your too lazy to even check your watching list and pick out the ones you don't give a shit about and move it to dropped
It's a reoccurring problem, that's why I am suggesting an automated feature.
Oct 20, 2017 5:48 PM

Apr 2014
What would happen when someone doesn't use the site at all in months (which is very, very common) and comes back to find everything was moved
Oct 21, 2017 12:05 AM

Mar 2013
You do know that some anime takes ages to be subbed let alone aired? If I want stuff to be on watching for easy update or on hold then I just put it there myself.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site

More topics from this board

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - 6 hours ago

3 by traed »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 20, 2:02 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.