Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2007 11:45 AM

Oct 2006
Impossible! no guy can be that dense jeez.... might as well show him a sign with shinning lights and an arrow pointing to Koizumi to see if he gets it...

On the other hand, Koizumi playing the ghost was priceless lmao.

Judging from the preview things still won't work out... meh~ . But at least now, he knows...
KayrhandrosMay 24, 2007 11:53 AM
May 24, 2007 12:28 PM

Apr 2007
Risa keeping things funny was much needed because otherwise the episode would've fallen flat. Otani now has taken the cake as the stupidest protagonist ever. His stupidty goes beyond being just being dense, making it just frustrating to even watch him.

Even though the next episode doesn't look like it will be good for Risa, at least it's not due to Otani's blockheaded assumption that she likes someone else (I hope). I don't think I'd want to continue the show if he remained an unchanged idiot for much longer.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 24, 2007 12:48 PM

Mar 2007
haha risa as a ghost was hilarious. her face reminded me of the "GOMEN NASAIIII" lady from fruits basket xD

and FINALLY ohtani realized that she meant him. IDIOT. she should've just gone after haruka and made ohtani jealous :D
May 24, 2007 12:50 PM

Oct 2006
tainteddonut said:
Risa keeping things funny was much needed because otherwise the episode would've fallen flat. Otani now has taken the cake as the stupidest protagonist ever. His stupidty goes beyond being just being dense, making it just frustrating to even watch him.

Even though the next episode doesn't look like it will be good for Risa, at least it's not due to Otani's blockheaded assumption that she likes someone else (I hope). I don't think I'd want to continue the show if he remained an unchanged idiot for much longer.

Yeah... I would have prefered if they had keep Risa's feelings from coming foward so soon... 'coz if they intend to make this last the show will drop points like an arrow.
May 24, 2007 5:39 PM

Jan 2007
Poor Risa. I agree with her statement though about Otani not being dense and that it was just something that didn't click. The episode overall wsa great and ghost Risa was hilarious. I am looking forward to the next episode.
May 24, 2007 8:56 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
This episode was great? How can this episode be great? it took them 20 minutes to do something that shouldn't have taken more than TWO. Worthless. If Otani didn't figure it out by the end of this episode, I would have dropped this show. Idiotic series that have no possibility of EVER happening in real life don't interest me in the slightest. Thankfully though, they finally made it so Otani figured it out (fucking moron).

In any event, I didn't laugh once in this episode. Playing on old tricks doesn't make me chuckle (ex: All of School Rumble 2).
May 25, 2007 4:47 AM

Apr 2007
I rather agree with Xinil on that one. The episode seemed long and drawn out. Almost half of the time was spent with Risa whining and crying. I loved her as the ghost, but that was the only redeeming quality of this episode. Granted, I still would not have dropped the show (I love it), but it would have ticked me off. I hope the next episode improves.
May 26, 2007 10:01 AM
Mar 2007
Xinil said:

In any event, I didn't laugh once in this episode. Playing on old tricks doesn't make me chuckle (ex: All of School Rumble 2).

I just finished School Rumble 2, so after waiting for something to happen for TWENTYSIX episode, only to find out nóthing actually was to happen (they even threw in the memoryloss trick for crying out loud), I could still take the small delay.

I quite the like the fact the confession already came, instead of spinning around it for 25 episodes and putting a semi-succeeded one in the last.
May 26, 2007 1:56 PM

May 2007
Well... she confessed again... Otani really confuses the hell out of me. Nevertheless, he does make it interesting. He always ends up saying the wrong things, yet he still has a chance. Amazing...

Yeah, I guess it has a lot of School Rumble tricks, but I'm still amused. I guess with the characters and their dialects it gives me the feeling of freshness. Given the circumstances of the two main characters, I'm very pleased with the series so far.
May 29, 2007 5:00 AM
Apr 2007
tainteddonut said:
Otani now has taken the cake as the stupidest protagonist ever. His stupidty goes beyond being just being dense, making it just frustrating to even watch him.

this is true...i have to agree with tainteddonut and xinil on this one...this episode was almost unbearable for me to watch...it felt way too dragged out...they started dropping hints to otani from the previous episode at the beach, they dropped even more hints to him in this episode, they even told him that risa liked him, and there was even a direct confession from before...seriously, what does it take to get through to this guy?

not only that, how can anyone be so completely oblivious and negligent to another person's feelings? christ, watching risa's heart getting ripped apart in this episode was like listening to fingernails scraping a chalkboard...she deserves so much better than otani right now...even haruka seems like a better option...thank god we're past this "otani being a dumbass" stage and this series will start moving forward again...
May 29, 2007 9:42 AM

Mar 2007
Risa said it herself, It's not that he's dense it's just that he's never even thought it could possibly be him. It's something that is so outrageous it's not possible. They are the comedy duo always joking and fighting but still have some type of friendship. They've both stated several times that they would never like someone like the other (ex. tall, short, etc) so I can see where he's coming from.

But overall I enjoyed the episode. I know where it's going since I've read the manga. <3
May 29, 2007 9:47 AM
Mar 2007
I read someone on another forum saying that if ignorance like Otani's in this episode ticks you off, the rest of the show is probably going to annoy the fekkin' hell out of ya... (The manga's probably full of this stuff).

I enjoyed it tho, it was dense alright, but it made sense, like kaurin said. And there's speed in the show too. More!
Jun 27, 2007 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
For goodness sake!! I want to beat otani with a stick! I don't blame risa!

Bless her though, it must be painful to be telling him numerous of times and he STILL isn't getting it. I would have given up.

At least he finally realised in this one!! He got the point after all the hints that were given to him. He's so slow... geez!

-Seigi-
Jul 26, 2007 11:42 AM

Apr 2007
risa as a ghost saved the ep, lol. she was great.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 13, 2008 12:34 PM
Nov 2007
at least he realized it now
Aug 18, 2008 9:10 AM
Apr 2008
Poor Risa O__O Otani is such an idiot... at least no real people are that stupid.

Nov 24, 2008 4:32 PM
Jan 2008
Yay he finally realized. What a weirdo!!!
Nov 27, 2008 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
Oh, gosh. Did he FINALLY get it? Took him long enough...
Mar 11, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
Otani had some right to be dense about it. Take their relationship with each other and then for her to suddenly drop that she likes him? He's gonna think of everyone except himself because he found the idea to be the least likely option, even if all arrows pointed at him. Hell, maybe he might have thought it but quickly tossed it aside as being absurd. As for it not being to happen, actually, been there and done what Otani has done. My current love had showed some signs of interest and I had tossed it aside thinking it impossible for that person to think of me in that light, especially not being the type they would normally like(just like Otani is far from a type that Risa would like). It took some much "IT'S YOU DUMMY!!" for me to realize.

And Risa playing the ghost amused me to no end. Much better played out in the anime than it was the manga.
Mar 21, 2009 10:29 PM

May 2008
crowslayer91 said:
at least he realized it now

About Time!
Mar 29, 2009 2:47 PM
May 2008
I agree with those that say it should have happened sooner (Otani realizing Risa's feelings). It was drawn out for an unnecessary amount of time.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 28, 2009 9:51 PM

Jan 2009
Poor Risa.
Iis Otani for real?

May 28, 2009 10:10 PM

May 2008
Strangely, I found Ootani's particular ignorance amusing - almost cute. "He's shorter than you, on the basketball team, an idiot, and in this room... WTF, I have no idea who you're talking about! There's no-one in this room besides us!" That takes a very special brand of special.
May 29, 2009 7:30 AM
Apr 2009
This episode was really bad.
Otani's stupidity is ridiculous. I think it's enough already.
This episode almost ruined this entire show for me.
There's still many episodes to watch, lets see if ridiculous episodes like this don't happen again. Hopefully.
Jun 27, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2007
This one was relly fun episode. Otani still an idiot, just like Risa will say.

But... Risa didnt scared me... her act like a ghost was really funny.
Jul 28, 2009 12:11 AM

Mar 2009
FINALLY!!! LOL
Aug 30, 2009 10:11 PM

Sep 2008
Kinda knew Haruka AND Seika-chan would be in the same HOME EC. club.
Nov 17, 2009 2:47 PM

Feb 2009
Haunted house = pure win!
Where is Haruka in all that mess? Did he give up? Some rivalry would be nice; jeez Otani making a girl cry like that your the worse!
Would that happen if two people are that close? No, no excuse!
Nov 22, 2009 5:06 PM

Nov 2009
oh jeesus! the worst part is that guys CAN actually be THAT stupid
(^can tell you from experience^)
poor Risa-chan....
i wanted to hug her sooooo bad <:T
Nov 28, 2009 11:22 PM

May 2009
You really have to feel sorry for Risa. Otani's stupidity put her through much more agony than anyone in her position deserves. Sheesh.
Jul 12, 2010 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
He's like... so dense >.>
LOLL Risa ghost~
May 15, 2011 4:29 AM

Apr 2010
How stupid can a person actually get?

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jan 25, 2012 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
In all my anime history I've seen only 2 characters that are this dense...Yamamoto and Otani
Feb 5, 2012 2:26 AM

Jan 2012
FINALLY!!!!! YEEEEES!
Feb 7, 2012 12:49 AM

Sep 2011
His stupidity amazes me. Yet I still find it soooo funny. :D
Feb 21, 2012 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
Otani annoys me a bit...
May 19, 2012 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
FINALLY<3 I'm so happy and I'm like literally laughing out loud. The funny thing is... when Otani was realizing that Koizumi liked him... my crush sent me a text :)
Jul 10, 2012 9:55 AM

May 2012
Damn that took him long enough...
Sep 9, 2012 6:35 AM
Sep 2012
Otani really is THUMB.
Mar 11, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
pandaLu said:
FINALLY!!!!! YEEEEES!

YOSHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! XD
May 15, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
How dumb can a person be you say? Don't worry we have a new standard for stupidity its called "Otani" :)
May 21, 2013 8:18 AM

Feb 2011
Ding, ding, ding! Hallelujah, give the man a prize. He finally figured it out.

Sheesh, I can't count how many face palms Otani has caused me. At first I thought maybe he was refusing to accept Risa liking him because he was afraid to, like he was maybe struggling with his own feelings like she had been. He's just so sweet, especially toward her. But what Risa said about him never considering it a possibility makes sense, especially considering their relationship up until then.

Still... damn, Otani. Good thing you're cute.
Aug 9, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
Otani... the facepalms you have caused me.

I fear any issues that arise in the future. Otani is so damn dense. e.e
Sep 23, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
Tbh, nobody's really thinking about how he feels about it. Everyone's just saying he's 'dense' and he's an idiot, but put yourself in his shoes. He's always had a complex about how short he is, and not too long ago they were trying to help each other find someone else. They're always taunting each other but they have each other's backs. So if suddenly everyone in their friendship group says that she likes someone, yet they won't tell him, it's not obvious at all. Her confession was ok sure, but as she even realized, he doesn't consider her to be possible. How would you though? They were always at loggerheads, yet friends trying to help each other find somebody. So no, it's not obvious. Consider how the guy feels in the situation; if you were him, it'd piss you off how everybody's leaving you out of everything and calling you an idiot. For a girl who claims to like him, she's making him feel like crap and acting very, weird and distant to him, only making it worse imo. And like others have said, he just never considered himself a possibility. And how could he? He never imagined she'd like him of all people, and they've constantly joked about it in the past, and whenever other people said they're dating, they'd both deny it. People are biased by the third person outsider perspective, who knows all of the events and Risa's developed feelings. But put yourself in his shoes; to him, they're still the same comedy duo as before. How's he supposed to magically know that she's fallen for him, especially if she's just angry all the goddamn time. If she'd just been straightforward and actually properly explained her feelings then of course he'd get it. It's the typical anime cliche where people either aren't straightforward nor do they explain what they mean.

Alas, this is shoujo anime, so this sorta drama will happen for a while. It's all fair enough. Still pisses me off though
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Sep 23, 2013 6:34 PM

Mar 2012
Honestly, I know most of the people who talked about this anime did so years ago, and no one's around to read this, but let me tell you something. Being the guy in the situation hurts too. You have no idea how it feels to go your whole life, not knowing how someone feels cause all they do is send mixed signals and act weird. I get it, this is anime, this is shoujo anime even, and we're in the perspective of Risa and we're meant to feel bad for her. But that's the problem; did anyone stop to consider what he's thinking? Or have we forgotten the previous episodes? Ohtani got tricked by a trap and had a run in with his previous girlfriend, but he's still trying to help Risa find a boyfriend. Now all of a sudden, everyone's acting weird and Risa's angry all the time? Ya have any idea how isolating and unfair that is? She confessed, but he took it as a heat of the moment way of saying 'wow, you're awesome for giving me these presents', not 'i've fallen in love with you randomly even though you'd never think that'. Please. Even with the 'hints'; he pointed out that there's several guys who are shorter than her and idiots in the basketball team. Don't give me that crap about 'hints' when the easy solution is to SPELL IT OUT. Oh but he's so 'dense', who gives a crap. A guy will never know until you're honest. If you think it's ok to leave him in the dark and get pissy cause he doesn't get it, then you're just being selfish and thinking about how you feel. Honestly, whenever shoujo anime does this, it really pisses me off. SO many things could be solved by just being honest and upfront. No 'hints', no friends keeping shit from you, not sideways confessions and mind games. Jeez
---
Sep 23, 2013 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
Real talk, the lack of common sense is what's the problem here. I love how nobody's blaming Risa for not confessing in the beginning, or how no one's talking about how easily she could've clarified how she felt. She could've said to him some really easy words such as 'No, I mean that I really like you, we've been friends and joked about each other, but i've come to like you, despite our height difference, and I wanna be with you'. Not 'waaaah, why doesn't he get it, I'm just gonna cry and hit him and be angry at him instead of explain it'. Fuck's sake. it's so goddamn simple. If you ask me, the one who's 'dense' is the girl that doesn't realize that explaining shit in conversations makes sense. It's always the guy who's wrong huh? It's always him not being sensititve enough. In alot of these situations, people always back up the girl character without realizing that it takes effort and understanding from BOTH sides for a relationship to be possible, not for a guy to become psychic and just get it from the beginning. Like "oh, you called me a midget, and get pissy at me, and deny we're in a relationship but you like me all of a sudden? MAKES SENSE" Seriously people...logic, it aint hard
JusticeSoulTunaSep 23, 2013 6:41 PM
---
Oct 25, 2013 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
^ I agree that although it's apparent Risa likes Otani to us, the viewers, it's not going to be so clear cut in the real situation. Funnily enough, there was a girl in middle school who was miles taller than me that liked me. Thing is, there weren't any hints, and even though all of her friends could tell, I was completely in the dark until she said it. Needless to say, I think they put the hints out there for the sake of comedy and it's really not that easy to tell.

However, I think it got a bit ridiculous when she was like "he's in the room right now" and he starts looking around. I just started shaking my head laughing in disbelief.
Mar 10, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, now I understand why that episode had that title xD

Ootani is really the most clueless guy I've seen in an anime. He had difficulty to understand even when she said that he was in the same room and they were only the two of them :P

Koizumi was hilarious has that happiness hater ghost xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 31, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
I blame Otani's male friends actually. If I were his friend I'd straight up tell him that Risa meant she loved him.
Jun 11, 2014 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
wow he is such a dense guy.

Risa as spirit was epic though
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Enn - Jun 1, 2007

98 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 9, 2007

99 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ritsuka - May 4, 2007

76 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 4, 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.