Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 16, 2017 12:17 PM
Aug 2015
luigi-dude said:
AdoKun said:
Somehow I've started to stay away from shounen ish anime little by little now (is it because I am getting old?) And would prefer shows that touch on rl stuff -

I've noticed the same thing, ate up shounen as a teen, but after getting out of the service and starting college things are just different now. After watching Re:Life and Sakura Quest I've really kindov woken up to how much older I am and it's kindov depressed me for months now... seems like only yesterday I was 19 watching Spice and Wolf for the first time, now I'm 25.

One of the main reasons I even chose to follow Net-Juu was because Moriko was a 30-year old protag. It's harder to relate to the eternally 16 High School kids found in most anime, and just 9 years ago I was in their shoes. Doesn't feel real sometimes.

Haha anime can come and go but we will always change
Except the exception that I had read ahead before I got this feeling
Now I am mostly searching for anime that can soothe and heal while giving me a relaxing feel
Oct 16, 2017 1:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Enjoying this immensely. It's refreshing to have a show we're the protagonists are not in high school and have different problems and motivations
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 16, 2017 1:09 PM

Oct 2014
a romance that is targeted for female readers, but is enjoyable for male audiences, as well, usually will get its proper chance to shine in the community (not just MAL, whole anime community) later on in mid-late season.

and Netjuu no Susume, so far, has done well to keep the male audiences from dropping this. Great job.
Keep the plot developing at this steady pace, please.
Keep the interaction between the characters as well as it is, please.
Everything is perfect, right now. Hell, you even take time to do those metaphoric work force zombies - otaku heaven thing. Very lovely.

ps.: also Lily is really wao. Nice Nakagawa Kanon copy, not only visual design but also character design as an overall. Very moe.
Oct 16, 2017 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
Anyone else skipping through the mmo parts just to get to the irl ones?
Oct 16, 2017 3:21 PM

Mar 2008
Sai-B said:
Question:
Is the whole anime jumping back and forth between the MMO and the real world? Or is there a point in which the MMO gets put aside?

The former. MMO and RL parts switch back and forth.

aienef said:
Yeya net-juu no susume 😍
Little bit curious with the ending song , when yuta's part in office , i see morika's shiloutte ? Is it her ? Or just my imagination ?
Cant wait for the next episode 😍😍<3
And sorry for my bad english

It's not Morioka but a coworker who slightly resembles her.

I've been binge-reading the manga for the past week and enjoying it a bit too much xD
(I'll cry when I caught up since it's been on hiatus for two years...)

Regarding the episode:
The anime pacing felt weird to me even in Ep 1 when I didn't know the source and it got worse after reading.
But I still like seeing everyone animated and voiced and reading through this thread makes me think the pacing can't be that weird if so many people like the show, I'm glad ❤
Oct 17, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
So I can get roleplaying a guy but why does she lie about her age?

Not that sure if I'll finish this, not really 'getting' it, mostly because I've never really played RPGs I think
Oct 17, 2017 10:29 AM
Mar 2014
Fun anime, glad I stumbled onto it.
Oct 18, 2017 2:35 AM

May 2011
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Okay, you guys have debunked all my arguments.
My only problem, is how in this anime, everyone gets along perfectly, online.

Former WoW player speaking, you more or less get along with guildies, even moreso if you have to spend 2-4 hours, 3-4 nights a week wiping possibly hundreds of times on a boss during progression. It's not that hard of a concept.
Oct 18, 2017 1:43 PM

Nov 2008
Definetly one of the most underrated series of the season
Oct 18, 2017 6:56 PM

Dec 2011
Ok, I'm hooked. I got major flashbacks to my early crunchyroll and maplestory days. So cute! I love how it's not taking itself seriously and the IRL moments aren't being pushed aside for the game.
Oct 19, 2017 8:13 AM

Jun 2012
Raz1515 said:
Anyone else skipping through the mmo parts just to get to the irl ones?

Well I'm not skipping anything, but the IRL moments are by far my favorite parts currently, and upon rewatches I do indeed skip the MMO bits to get to the IRL stuff. Moriko is the life of this series so I want to see her, not her avatar.

My biggest fear so far is that the show just becomes a week-to-week grind of MMO moments spliced with IRL "encounters" between Yuuta and Moriko that lead nowhere... the lack of a romance tag has me Very afraid we'll get a generic "status-quot" anime ending with no kiss or resolution. Glad the plot actually seems to be progressing, but I think episode 3 will be a HUGE indicator for what they plan on Committing to with this series; an actual ending, or a "read the manga" cliche that we get so often now...

There is a special in December, but I don't know if it will just be one of those generic extra episodes, or an actual Final Episode which gives us the satisfying conclusion we may miss in episode 10.
Oct 19, 2017 5:23 PM

Oct 2012
So those are really her eyebrows, heh :D Wonder how that restaurant visit goes and can't wait to see other group members IRL (one can pretty much tell who is who by now, not to mention Yuuta has his friend in guild too.

And now I'm actually curious if she actually fall in love whi both Yuuta and Lily and whatever the following conflict would be :D (would be interesting for her to find out he and she is actually one person :))
That mail address Lily gaves him(her) would be dead giveaway sometime in the future (but yeah, he could have two e-mails). But first, she(he) probably learns about their ingame relationship conversation.

If I have to guess the main heroine would be the first who actually realizes.
Oct 20, 2017 5:58 PM

Mar 2009
Hey, this show's pretty great. Keep up the good work, anime.

Shaping up to be a nice little romance story on the outside of the MMO world, too.
Oct 20, 2017 10:56 PM

Dec 2010
It would be pretty cool it there were a game like that. While I was watching the anime I was thinking how much I wish to play a game alike.
Oct 21, 2017 2:38 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!
Oct 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
Man this episode was way better than the first one! So Moriko ends up telling everyone she's a university student to hide the fact that she's a NEET LOL XD That dream of hers was kinda weird ... but they finally met IRL! Even though Sakurai types completely differently online :P I also finally figured out why Moriko sounds so familiar, her seiyuu has been in so much stuff :O Seems like they are finally gonna go out IRL! Haha, everyone in the guild is egging them on huh without knowing ;P Plus they're getting closer in game too ... hehe, I think this is gonna end up being good :D
Oct 22, 2017 5:58 PM

Sep 2017
Nice episode. I like how they are now bumping into each other irl (quite literally!). And when it came to talking to all your friends for help on a possible relationship I thought this couldn’t get much more closer to home.

Can totally relate to the mc about staying up too late and ending up face down on the desk. Funny, cute and gave me a warm feeling like the first one.
Oct 25, 2017 10:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm really loving Lily's character, she reminds me a bit of Hanato Kobato design wise.
The whole IRL/Online stuff is pretty entertaining.

I do wonder how the others will react when they find out her real age.

Oct 25, 2017 6:31 PM

Nov 2015

Hahahaha I love it. Fantastic representation of Moriko's low self esteem onto "dating" some man that is more attractive -and possibly younger- than her, or at least from the image she has of herself.

I already like this series, but it's sad that's only 10 episodes. Well, I suppose everything has an end.

ThaVoid said:
it makes me sad thinking that this will be only 10 eps.;-;
Same here =(
Oct 26, 2017 6:11 AM

Oct 2017
I think yuta-san is Lily-San. Idk maybe I'm stating the obvious or something. This show is really cute.
Signature removed.AGAIN.
Oct 31, 2017 10:05 AM

Dec 2008
Wow! I'd be insane if I just stayed on the internet from sunup to sundown like the MC.
Nov 3, 2017 9:37 PM

Dec 2016
Oh man I can't wait until one of them slips and mentions something that happened during one of their encounters and they realize each other. That shit will be straight beautiful
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 5, 2017 8:05 AM

Dec 2016
I think we have a candidate for best Girl in Fall 2017
"Only the 'results'! This world only remembers the 'results'!!"
-Diavolo
Dec 1, 2017 7:52 PM

Oct 2016
I'm wondering, how does she get money without work.
Dec 11, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
The more I watch the more flashbacks of my own life I get. 5:00 out of sudden... hmm, yep at this point it's better to simply stay up and YEP it never ends well... the only exception for that is when what you have to do is get on train and then ride for 5h... during my student life when I was often travelling there were endless amount of times that I ended up staying up through the night as otherwise it would be impossible to catch the train.

Dec 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Jan 2017
I FREAKING LOVED THIS EPISODE. THAT'S IT, I'M SOLD.

The "thirties and a woman" joke sjhdajkdh and and the 5 am situation and and oh lord, even if i haven't played games, i find this too fun.

BESIDES HE'S A CUTIE I'M DYING.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 30, 2017 8:42 PM

May 2012
Lovely progression I must say! Really looking forwards to see what will develop out of this!
Jan 12, 2018 8:29 PM

Jan 2016
I am 1000% this guy. Or girl.

Jan 17, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Michiko-san said:
I think yuta-san is Lily-San. Idk maybe I'm stating the obvious or something. This show is really cute.

that's what i also believe cause its 2obvious
Mar 6, 2018 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
The story takes effect and looks a whole other thing than before, although some moments are predictable in their dynamics.It's too funny the protagonist and it's a shame for the quality of the drawings, seen as they are nice and expressive thanks to their facial expressions characters.
Mar 9, 2018 5:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So far very enjoyable, the fact that the MC character is a NEET chick is funny enough, and usually you have the male MC that you kinda want to see catching the best girl, quite amusing I m shipping the female now to catch the best boy. LOOL
Apr 10, 2018 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
I like where this one is going! I really hope they find out who they are IRL
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 11, 2018 2:15 AM

Sep 2010
That monster at the start looks and sounds pretty close to a Dragonite, right?
Oct 27, 2018 8:33 PM

Aug 2017
So, Moriko lied to the rest about her true identity. That 'accident' between her and Yuta is very forced. I tried to like the romance but it's just too childish with those faces.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 16, 2018 7:25 AM

May 2013
The spam crying emoji was so moeeeeee xD

I get so happy when HayashiXLily run into each other IRL <333333

THE AFK MOMENT WAS PRICELESSSSSSS. I DIEDDDDDDD OMGGGGGGGG.

Yuta IS cool. And Moriko is pretty. She just needs to clean up a bit and everything will be fine hahaha ;P I'm 24 so I'm not as hopeless as her yet, but I totally feel her pain lmao Q_Q Adulting is hard ^^"

I'm living for this series rn. Hella hella satisfied X)
Nov 22, 2019 7:18 AM

Aug 2018
IDK why but kinda boring to mee
Feb 5, 2020 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Still pretty chill, expected a bit more comedy moments tbh. Can't wait for the moment when she actually goes all out with her appearance somehow haha.
Dec 18, 2020 11:44 AM

Apr 2016
2 episodes in and I gotta say this anime is cute af. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it :)
Jul 29, 2021 1:12 AM

Dec 2020
ahh shes done it now. lying to her friends about her real life identity but i guess thats to be expected huh. still wondering how shes gonna work on her financial situation
Sep 21, 2021 10:48 PM

Apr 2020
Actually Hayashi is 30 years old, I want to see their reaction when they find out Hayashi's real age.
May 19, 2022 6:19 PM
Feb 2022
Me encanta la interacción entre Hayashi y Lily, y saber que se han encontrado aunque ellos no lo sepan. Veamos como ira su cita.
Aug 26, 2022 1:53 PM
Feb 2021
very cute episode, hope it'll keep up like this
Sep 12, 2022 6:10 AM

Sep 2017
this was fun

Anyways dunno what was the thumb and little finger guestor sakurai's coworker meant about two types of people and sakurai calling him old man. lets see

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 12, 2022 6:23 AM

Sep 2017
JeremiahOrange said:
this was fun

Anyways dunno what was the thumb and little finger guestor sakurai's coworker meant about two types of people and sakurai calling him old man. lets see

so apparently these japanese gestures mean whether sakurai was having a bf or a gf. thumb for bf and little finger for gf. just in case anyone else wants to know.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 20, 2022 10:11 AM
Aug 2020
it was enjoyable.
Sep 20, 2022 5:35 PM
Sep 2022
It had some good funny moments
Nov 15, 2022 4:41 AM

Oct 2022
This show just seems really fun and adorable. I think Moriko is just a great character to be living inside the head of and the way her lack of confidence is protrayed is pretty realistic.

Jan 10, 2023 2:59 AM
Dec 2022
A better episode here and the meeting of the two MC in real life is quite well done.
Jan 25, 11:41 AM

Dec 2022
The humour was much more competent in this episode. I'm guessing Moriko's appearance is going to fluctuate quite a bit now.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.