Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2017 5:34 AM

Nov 2012
It's been a long while since I read this manga and I forgot what the arc I was reading was about (Last chapter I read was 240 according to MAL).

Someone please tell me what the plot and context of the arc was up to chapter 240.
Oct 14, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
fukanigu said:
SuperRed said:
It's been a long while since I read this manga and I forgot what the arc I was reading was about (Last chapter I read was 240 according to MAL).

Someone please tell me what the plot and context of the arc was up to chapter 240.

Welp, from chapter 1 to chapter 198 is basically the anime plot, which I'm sure you will remember by watching the last 1 or 2 episodes of season 2 (you know, where it ends with the war in Magnostadt & the team drives away the spaghetti monster thing in the sky). From 198 to 214 is Sinbad planning a meeting with the Kou Empire to settle their disputes. Now that the main enemy was defeated, they instantly returned to their old rivalry so those chapters are about the meeting or the so called "The Summit". In chapter 214, Aladdin and Yunan interrupts this summit to tell the origins of the whole universe - the world of Magi. From chapter 214 to 238 is all flashbacks. The flashbacks are from King Solomon's life & his team. Basically, they show how magic was given by the spaghetti monster to humans so they can protect themselves from other species & unite them. King Solomon stays faithful to this ideology while Solomon's father, David has formed a group that has a more radical view on the matter. So they fight each other. David wants to surpass spaghetti monster/god and stuff.

In the end, Solomon defeats David and then realizes something. That the concept of destiny sucks and he wants to change that. He does and becomes one with god/spaghetti monster. This angers Arba (one of his teammates) because she is a fangirl of god and doesn't want Solomon to be messing with him like that. She creates a group called Al-Thamen and fights against Solomon. She summons Spaghetti Monster to destroy the world and she kinda succeeds but is stopped by Solomon halfway. He uses last of his powers to seal away the spaghetti monster, Arba & Al-Thamen in a different dimension. Survivors of that world (Alma Torran) are now left to live underground because the surface is destroyed and not habitable. They live underground for a while & exhaust their resources so Ugo (Solomon's friend) comes up with a nice solution of creating a new universe and transfers the people there. Ugo also created the magis, djinns (made up of Solomon's old allies consisting of leaders of each species he united) & concept of dungeons and stuff. He also turns himself into a djinn and becomes the guardian of the control panel (the Sacred Palace) of the new universe he created. It's also revealed that Aladdin's father is Solomon and he was kept in the Sacred Palace before being sent to earth by Ugo. This was a rushed summary, you can read the Wiki or just re-read from chapter 198 (if you remember the anime plot) if you want all the juicy details. Otherwise, you can read the rest from chapter 238.

This was helpful, thanks a lot.

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.