Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 12:29 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
fuck this shit... i don't even know how to respond anymore... it's all just a trainwreck...

oh well, at least i got some bakc story? maybe...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 12, 2017 1:21 AM
Sep 2016
Honestly this started off as such a unique and interesting manga, but now it all just went to shit. Seriously why do authors always f*ck up the good ones.
Oct 12, 2017 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
Welp, that was really dark, what's going to happen to Chise next ... At least Elias understood his position very fast so all the help is coming. And the cliffhanger.

Neko028 said:
Honestly this started off as such a unique and interesting manga, but now it all just went to shit. Seriously why do authors always f*ck up the good ones.

What do you mean by that? You don't like how dark this manga went and wanted to see happy chapters till the end, and that's why you're calling it bad? I'm really surprised myself about what happened and i'm really interested where this is going. I like this manga, but not that like i'm fanboying it, my stand always was that you might not like something, but don't call it bad without giving your argument/reason otherwise there should be no point in arguing with you over it. That's how i see it and my small rant, oh well ...
Oct 12, 2017 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
Dang, what a cliffhanger.

The idea of the curse as well...I hope the anime adaptation reaches this point.
Oct 12, 2017 5:21 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Damn this was a pretty crazy chapter. Elias lost himself again by turning into a monster but then composed himself later on which is good at least. I felt bad for Chise as while she agreed to have her eye changed, she really had no say in the matter.

I wonder how seeing her Mom from her memories is gonna affect her long term.
Oct 12, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
Woah, this chapter was so interesting and good. :O

Her mother, I didn't expect that..

I don't think anime will reach this point. :(

5/5
Oct 12, 2017 7:49 AM
Sep 2016
allenjke said:
Welp, that was really dark, what's going to happen to Chise next ... At least Elias understood his position very fast so all the help is coming. And the cliffhanger.

Neko028 said:

What do you mean by that? You don't like how dark this manga went and wanted to see happy chapters till the end, and that's why you're calling it bad? I'm really surprised myself about what happened and i'm really interested where this is going. I like this manga, but not that like i'm fanboying it, my stand always was that you might not like something, but don't call it bad without giving your argument/reason otherwise there should be no point in arguing with you over it. That's how i see it and my small rant, oh well ...
Don't misunderstand me I don't mind that it's getting dark in fact I support it whole heatedly. What I'm referring to is how Chise's attitude went from " I don't care about living." to " I must sacrifice myself to save everyone (yes including the villain)." I just think that in the last few chapters she is starting to become more and more of a spoiled brat, that's all (and yes I know it's shounen and that's the norm, but considering how much Elias has done for her it just pisses me off).
Oct 12, 2017 8:41 AM

Jul 2012
Neko028 said:
Don't misunderstand me I don't mind that it's getting dark in fact I support it whole heatedly. What I'm referring to is how Chise's attitude went from " I don't care about living." to " I must sacrifice myself to save everyone (yes including the villain)." I just think that in the last few chapters she is starting to become more and more of a spoiled brat, that's all (and yes I know it's shounen and that's the norm, but considering how much Elias has done for her it just pisses me off).

I didn't mean to turn on you (if it seemed/felt that way), just thought your comment was rather strange without any ground to it.
While i think both Elias and Chise are to blame for this outcome, the most at fault for me is still Elias and i thought that the title of last chapter was the indicator for it. And wasn't Chise always like that trying to help no matter the cost and that's why how she reacted so crazily in the previous chapter was quite unexpected for me.
Oct 12, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2008
Did Chise really think that making a deal with Cartaphilus would go well? Cartaphilus probably wants to replace all of his body parts. If she wakes up with just her arm missing, she should count herself lucky.

Looks like losing Chise has caused Elias to think more like a human and an adult.
Oct 12, 2017 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
Does anyone know why Titania looks like this? (much younger) Oberon looks the same so did she die and reincarnate?
Oct 12, 2017 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
I'm so glad Elias is thinking about his actions. He was two steps away from turning full-scale Yandere. D:

I'm a little confuses as to exactly what is going on with Chise right now, but primarily scared for her. She needs to stop being so willing to make deals with dangerous people.
Oct 12, 2017 10:02 PM
Feb 2016
Great chapter. I don't know how this is going to shit but this is no Kado.
5/5 can't wait for the next one.
Oct 13, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2008
This episode really made me suffer :( it's getting so interesting but I feel so bad for Chise. At least Elias understood the situation and hopefully he's going to help her. And know that Joseph has her eye... I don't know what's going to happen!
Oct 14, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like the magic aspect is spiraling out of control, the author needs to stop it already. Eye trading, seriously, fuck off with this dog shit. And now this whole arc is going to tie up conveniently where Joseph gets Chise's arm if everything goes well and I guess he's going to disappear.

This whole arc has been kind of a mess, totally unnecessary. I really wish the author would've focused more on discovering the mysteries and wonders of the magical world like in the first 5 volumes rather than forcing up all of this bullshit while also building up the relationship between Chise and Elias. Them just searching for ways to help her survive as a Slay Vega would've been enough.

But then on top of her really bad condition which was threatening her life span, they also put a bullshit dragon's curse on here, that was a fucking mess when she's supposed to be protected and sheltered since she's already literally falling apart and of course she does the most threatening thing to herself while being in a completely dumb scenario that's incredibly forced.

And don't even get me started on the whole retarded drama with the young brother and now with the sister, this is so fucking unnecessary and dumb.

I don't want to even start ranting about the Mother of Nature or whoever she is popping up this chapter and helping Elias, for fuck's sake, this is becoming a trainwreck... Also introducing the witches was handled so poorly.........

I still love this manga, but if the author continues to really push things in the wrong direction, I don't even know...

The good part is, things could have a good climax in the end and a lot of progress in Elias's and Chise's relationship will be finalized and we'll finally get rid of Joseph, which has been kind of an annoying forced presence as a villain, really ruining shit in multiple ways.

Could it be that the story is ending soon, that would explain all this climactic stuff, but I really doubt it's ending.
alpha_shadowOct 14, 2017 1:57 PM
:3
Oct 28, 2017 12:00 PM
Sep 2016
I dunno why when i start this manga i has feel that this will going to happen 😖😖
Oct 29, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
I'd rather see the author resolve some things instead of going further and further into meaningless harm and shallow miscomunication between character leading to big mistakes, they've been living together for at least a year now ffs.

And who tf thinks you can plop an eye out, switch it with someone and still see.

Bad Arc, awful chapter.
Oct 31, 2017 6:57 AM
Oct 2012
I just realized, he wouldnt actually need her arm to regenerate... since all the power of a slay vega are stored behind the eyes. OH NO! i hope he doesnt take both eyes why'll she is put under.
Nov 2, 2017 5:07 AM
Nov 2017
cant fu**ing wait for chapter 42!!! Pls tell what date is it coming out.Pls reply
VhoulvaderNov 2, 2017 6:03 AM
Nov 3, 2017 3:52 PM
May 2010
I enjoy the overarching plot and the solution of the various issues up until now. I enjoy that it's gotten to go to a dark place, given how magic and spells tend to be very fluffy and that meddling with things beyond your comprehension does have consequences that can't be solved with rare herb X or Elixir of tears of extinct species Y. The story itself seems to delve a bit into human relationships and what it means to need someone, not the fluffy kind of need but perhaps the desperate: I need someone to need me so I have meaning in my life kind of need. I like how things also are coming together less due to how suddenly elias shows his true power and instead, as has been shown to be a theme, he is given help by beings far beyond his own ability. In this story, the main characters are by no means all powerful and must ask beings almost akin to gods for their aid in order to achieve their goals, and unlike other series where that request is more abstract, these entities have their own wishes and desires, driving their decisions. They don't do things purely out of the kindness of their heart, but the fae are also whimsical and whilst they would prefer to have Chise returned and locked up with them forever, they also would rather not lose her to begin with and so despite Elias rejecting their idea of making her little more than a bound toy, they still decide to help out. I like how thus far there's been no real cookie cutter villian who is just evil for evils sake. Joseph is a potentially pitiable character that has more to him than it seems, and this is all not shown through a single flashback nor explained in a painful several page dialogue, instead, it's peeled away layer by layer for the reader to enjoy as the story unfolds.
Nov 8, 2017 6:07 PM
Nov 2017
No matter how much I want to hate Elias I can't.
Chise is absolutely stupid! But I still pity the girl.
Chapter 42 comes out December 5th. Its going to be a long wait.
Nov 23, 2017 3:02 AM
Nov 2017
How often do they release chapters? I know chapter 42 is gonna drop on December 5 but I'm new to the series and wanted to know the schedule.
Nov 23, 2017 4:29 AM

Mar 2015
BigB1ack123 said:
How often do they release chapters? I know chapter 42 is gonna drop on December 5 but I'm new to the series and wanted to know the schedule.

it's a mounthly release...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 25, 2017 6:36 PM
Feb 2013
Didn't disappoint. I really like where this is going.

Grani-smith said:

And who tf thinks you can plop an eye out, switch it with someone and still see.

Bad Arc, awful chapter.

Pretty funny. HAHAHAHAHAHA

And, I'll leave a quote.
Nezperdian said:
This is getting better and better by being darker + eye_swap.
Sadly some people prefer vanilla and can't appreciate this reality and consequences done by:
1) Girl who doesn't know when to stop or how to ask help
2) A shadow who has like +1000 years but has the emotional level of a 10yo kid.
Dec 2, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
This series needed a kick in its plot and this chapter gave it one. This puts the mistakes of both main characters in the forefront and shows the consequences of what happens.
Dec 11, 2017 12:10 AM
Oct 2014
Aaah I shouldn't have binged the manga now im just a nervous wreck thinking about what will happen next

Elias you could have maybe avoided this by talking to chise and not being a jealous child
Dec 12, 2017 5:28 AM
Dec 2017
People posted here, that chapter 42 will be released the 5th december, but I can't find it.
Dec 12, 2017 3:07 PM

Mar 2015
Jeons said:
People posted here, that chapter 42 will be released the 5th december, but I can't find it.

5th december is when supposed released in japan...
Dec 17, 2017 6:15 PM
May 2012
Why are you doing this.
Also, why does her mother look different every damn time she's shown.
Dec 18, 2017 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
So, how long does it take for a new chapter to come out? Chapter 42 raws have been out for a couple of days since it released almost two weeks ago in Japan.

Does the scanlators wait for the official US release and rip the TL off from that? When I was halfway through the manga I noticed that the translation had changed quite a bit and thought that might be the case.

Anyways, here's hoping it comes before January because I really want to read chapter 42 translated. Reading the raws was not a good idea...

inb4 "why don't you buy the manga you filthy pleb" - I'm not from the US and don't even know if this manga got licensed in my country and even if it did, chances are it was not by a good publisher.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Chapter 97 Discussion

Nilvius - Jan 20

0 by Nilvius »»
Jan 20, 8:48 PM

» Mahoutsukai no Yome Chapter 96 Discussion

Never_Know_Best - Jan 12

0 by Never_Know_Best »»
Jan 12, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Chapter 95 Discussion

-Ryoto- - Apr 4, 2023

6 by JustAnAnimeList »»
Dec 26, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Chapter 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

8 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Dec 3, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

6 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Dec 3, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.