Forums
New
Do you want to be in a World War?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 12, 2017 12:50 PM

May 2015
Rarusu_ said:
Fijure said:
History shows than when a great war happens, the world doesn't really care whether we want to participate or not, we will participate if need be, through drafts, or we will just get bombed as civilians.

Hehe, I also enjoy these "another great war? Nah, I'll be home watching my anime instead". The war chooses you, if you don't fight there might not be any home to return to. By the way, civilians have it worse in war zones than soldiers. We have a medic in every group, food supplies will be secured, etc.

Only if the civilian is in the middle of the war zone though, otherwise being a civilian is ok-ish, though not getting affected at all is unreasonable. Most would still have to live with food rationing, extended work hours and reduced wages in order to facilitate a war economy, and even a war-waging nation depends on having a working society to produce materials and resources needed for the war effort. What the role of each individual will be is likely up to chance though, you can just hope your country won't be the one getting invaded.
Oct 12, 2017 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
_Crimson_ said:
I dont know why people would want to be in a war IMO
peoples lives aren't meant to be used to kill others.

Wait wait wait. You mean I've been doing it wrong?

Bernrika said:
nose1234 said:
Fuck no. What kind of fucked up question is that?

He's a nazi, like many of his kind he's obsessed with reviving a past he was never part of, and thinks WW2 was a glamorous thing.

I don't know much about WWII so pardon this possibly stupid question. Is he a Nazi as in a Jew-hating person who claims to be of Aryan descent? Or is he just a fan of how nationalistic things were those days?

To the OP
No because I don't want to die. And if I went to war I'd certainly die because I'm an unlucky person.
OduduwaOct 12, 2017 1:05 PM
Oct 12, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2015
Rarusu_ said:
Fijure said:

Only if the civilian is in the middle of the war zone though, otherwise being a civilian is ok-ish, though not getting affected at all is unreasonable. Most would still have to live with food rationing, extended work hours and reduced wages in order to facilitate a war economy, and even a war-waging nation depends on having a working society to produce materials and resources needed for the war effort. What the role of each individual will be is likely up to chance though, you can just hope your country won't be the one getting invaded.

Sweden had during the Cold War so called "totalförsvar", which meant that also civilians had duties and places to be in case of war. For instance, a doctor or engineer could be forced to stay in the country to do his thing, as well as private companies. Even companies which sold tobacco or alcohol could be forced to keep on selling their stuff just in order to maintain a decent service for the nation even in times of war.

The "war economy", which entails measures as you state there, is fundamentally a creation of World War I European powers, who made a realization that liberty rights and the free market isn't necessarily the best measures to win a protracted total war, so instead they engineered all aspects of society toward being most efficient toward the war effort. I didn't know about that Swedish thing (in general, you guys have been pretty adverse to wars for the last 300 or so years), but its a measure that makes logical sense, if your opponent in a war enacts measures that gears all of society toward war, you will lose a war of attrition unless you do the same.

The real interesting question is whether World War era total wars are a logistic possibility with the ways wars a fought in our day and age, or whether World War III will be fought with measures unpredictable to us today - similar to how no one in 1920 could have fathomed the ways in which World War II was fought.

@TheDeadApostle

I'm not sure @Nyu is actually literally a Nazi in the ideological sense, he just have some kind of weird fascination with Nazi Germany as a society for some reason I don't really get, he has kind of a distorted view of it as a perfect wonderland without any problems.
Oct 12, 2017 1:14 PM

Oct 2017
My answer is no.

I mean, we've crossed a period full of war during the 90's and nowadays we can have a peaceful life, for the moment.

As a simple civil, i don't want to run for my life, trying to survive, living in the fear of dying each day. I don't have a lot of thing actually, therefore i don't want to lose them and try to keep them, to protect them.

Thus i really don't really want to be part of a war. Let me live my life and enjoy it peacefully. War is not the single option to solve problems.

"Yayy! Guns everywhere! Gotta shoot'em all! It's war boy!", We're not in a video game, i don't really understand why some people want that just to please their thirst to kill. If you want to swaggin around with big guns, better do it in a game.
Oct 12, 2017 5:49 PM

Dec 2016
Reading accounts and stories about previous wars make them sound like amazing, heroic events, but you just can't grasp the costs of the war unless you actually experienced them firsthand. Just looking at statistics can't fully convey how many people died during these wars.

So yeah, while it sounds cool on the surface, I would not want to be in a war. In fact, most of us would probably end up dead if we were, either due to bad luck or circumstances out of our control, so it's not even our fault if we die. I think it might be interesting if I were in some high up position where I could work on tactics/strategy and avoid fighting on the front lines, but otherwise, I'll pass.

What's the difference?
Oct 12, 2017 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
--ALEX-- said:
@Nyu...

I don't mean any disrespect when I say the following...

You seem to me like a nationalistic type of person, if so, I would expect you and people like you to immediately sign up to defend your country if and when a great war were to errupt....ready to give your life for the country and ideology you hold so very high...

Failure to do so would mean that you guys were never serious about your rhetoric.

I would not automatically side with my country.
Oct 12, 2017 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
Fijure said:

@TheDeadApostle

I'm not sure @Nyu is actually literally a Nazi in the ideological sense, he just have some kind of weird fascination with Nazi Germany as a society for some reason I don't really get, he has kind of a distorted view of it as a perfect wonderland without any problems.

I think that's a fair assessment. And Nazi Germany was a utopia, for the German people.
Oct 12, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
Fijure said:

@TheDeadApostle

I think that's a fair assessment. And Nazi Germany was a utopia, for the German people.

The several million German Jews, disabled, African-Germans, and Gypsie Germans persecuted by Nazi Germany would disagree. Famous examples would be Emmy Noether, whom the German Nazi government expelled from University positions due to solely being Jewish.
Oct 12, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

The several million German Jews, disabled, African-Germans, and Gypsie Germans persecuted by Nazi Germany would disagree. Famous examples would be Emmy Noether, whom the German Nazi government expelled from University positions due to solely being Jewish.

I was referring to average Germans. People who were inherently from Germany, not from foreign lands.
Oct 12, 2017 8:35 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

I was referring to average Germans. People who were inherently from Germany, not from foreign lands.

OK so not Germans...just Germans that weren't persecuted. Convenient.

FYI They were all inherently from Germany. Noether's family tree (as it goes for most German Jews) had been in Germany for generations. Afro-Germans refers to children of white German mothers and African Americans, so they were ethnic Germans as well. Gypsies were also in Germany for generations.

...Disabled too.
Oct 12, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

FYI They were all inherently from Germany. Noether's family tree (as it goes for most German Jews) had been in Germany for generations. Afro-Germans refers to children of white German mothers and African Americans, so they were ethnic Germans as well. Gypsies were also in Germany for generations.

...Disabled too.

You do know Jews migrated to Germany, so they're not inherently from Germany.
Do you know nothing of Jewish history? They didn't pick Israel as a homeland randomly.

Blacks are not German. Blacks are not even from Europe.

Gypsies migrated to Germany, so they're not inherently from Germany.

A piece of paper doesn't mean shit. Citizenship isn't what makes some German or whatever nationality, actually being from that country, having ancestry from those lands makes you from those lands.

I guess you're right about the Disabled, though considering the economic crisis Germany was going through, and how much it costed the State to look after Disabled people, that was kinda justifiable given the circumstances.

Tho once Hitler had fixed the Economy, which he did in like 3 years, those circumstances were no longer valid.
RuneRemOct 12, 2017 8:45 PM
Oct 12, 2017 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

...Disabled too.

A piece of paper doesn't mean shit. Citizenship isn't what makes some German or whatever nationality, actually being from that country, having ancestry from those lands makes you from those lands.

I guess you're right about the Disabled, though considering the economic crisis Germany was going through, and how much it costed the State to look after Disabled people, that was kinda justifiable given the circumstances.

Tho once Hitler had fixed the Economy, which he did in like 3 years, those circumstances were no longer valid.

Phew. Even coming out of a white German woman's uterus doesn't make you a real German. Even having your family living in Germany for literally hundreds of years and obviously mixing with the population will never make you a real German. I mean Noether's earliest recorded ancestor was a German Christian from the 17th century. Tough standards.

Hopefully you hold every other "german" with the same standards. You know, the ones with French, Slavic, and Celtic etc ancestry.
Oct 12, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

Phew. Even coming out of a white German woman's uterus doesn't make you a real German. Even having your family living in Germany for literally hundreds of years and obviously mixing with the population will never make you a real German. I mean Noether's earliest recorded ancestor was a German Christian from the 17th century. Tough standards.

Hopefully you hold every other "german" with the same standards. You know, the ones with Frankish, Slavic, and Celtic ancestry.

You do know I'm arguing Nationalist logic, not my own views. And the views I argued were very Nationalist. In my opinion, and most other Nationalists, groups who have ancestry that dates hundreds of years back would make them German.

So I do consider Jews German, and I do consider Gypsies German, but not Blacks.
Oct 12, 2017 8:53 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

Hopefully you hold every other "german" with the same standards. You know, the ones with Frankish, Slavic, and Celtic ancestry.

You do know I'm arguing Nationalist logic, not my own views. And the views I argued were very Nationalist. In my opinion, and most other Nationalists, groups who have ancestry that dates hundreds of years back would make them German.

But afro-germans literally have German ancestry dating hundreds of years back too. Literally fits your criteria.
Oct 12, 2017 8:58 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

But afro-germans literally have German ancestry dating hundreds of years back too. Literally fits your criteria.

Blacks are another race, Jews and Gypsies are White. There are Regional limitations as well, probably should've mentioned that.
Oct 12, 2017 9:03 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

Blacks are another race, Jews and Gypsies are White. There are Regional limitations as well, probably should've mentioned that.

Does black sperm somehow prevent white eggs from contributing 50% of the genetic information?
Oct 12, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

Does black sperm somehow prevent white eggs from contributing 50% of the genetic information?

You have some justification when you're arguing for mixed race black Germans, but none for Black Germans.

With Mixed race, it's a tricky question, and I have found myself unable to decide.
But, as a default I would say they are not German.

It's good your actually engaging in discussion with Right Wing people like me, so you know are views aren't so hypocritical.
Oct 12, 2017 9:09 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

You have some justification when you're arguing for mixed race black Germans, but none for Black Germans.

With Mixed race, it's a tricky question, and I have found myself unable to decide.

It's good your actually engaging in discussion with Right Wing people like me, so you know are views aren't so hypocritical.

I specifically said I was referring to historical Afro-Germans born fro WWI american soldiers and german women. They were the ones that were socially ostracized and tortured in Nazi Germany.

Anyways, you admitted to Noether and people like her being real Germans. So I'm guessing you admit it wasn't actually a utopia?
Oct 12, 2017 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

I specifically said I was referring to historical Afro-Germans born fro WWI american soldiers and german women. They were the ones that were socially ostracized and tortured in Nazi Germany.

Anyways, you admitted to Noether and people like her being real Germans. So I'm guessing you admit it wasn't actually a utopia?

"I specifically said I was referring to historical Afro-Germans born fro WWI american soldiers and german women. They were the ones that were socially ostracized and tortured in Nazi Germany."

They would be mixed race Black Germans, though don't expect the Nazis to have open minded views like myself.

"Anyways, you admitted to Noether and people like her being real Germans. So I'm guessing you admit it wasn't actually a utopia?"

In my views Noether and people like her are real Germans, and that was the view for many people in Nazi Germany, ranging from actual Nazis to soldiers and Generals in the Wehrmacht. But, Political Correctness disavows this. In Nazi Germany the Political Correctness was to follow Party Policy.

So unfortunately, the Party Policy for the Nazis had decided that Jews and Gypsies weren't German. So in their view, Germany was a Utopia, (except for the disabled, which actually got a lot of backlash, people like to say Nazis weren't Democratic, but after some Protests, they stopped persecuting the Disabled).

It's good you're letting us explain our perspective, rather than just name calling.
Oct 12, 2017 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
lol war real life stories have proven that war is just cool in fiction

good luck surviving or even not getting psychological trauma or cut limbs
Oct 12, 2017 9:23 PM

Jul 2016
isekai said:

I never once said that war was good in my OP, but asked if people wanted to be part of a World War. In which they would be fighting for a cause they believe in.
Oct 12, 2017 9:25 PM

Jan 2009
Nyu said:
isekai said:

I never once said that war was good in my OP, but asked if people wanted to be part of a World War. In which they would be fighting for a cause they believe in.

you should have made that more clearer in your first post
Oct 12, 2017 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
isekai said:
Nyu said:

you should have made that more clearer in your first post

That is a very good point, I also shouldn't of said "War is awesome" in the Poll.
Oct 12, 2017 9:28 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

"I specifically said I was referring to historical Afro-Germans born fro WWI american soldiers and german women. They were the ones that were socially ostracized and tortured in Nazi Germany."

They would be mixed race Black Germans, though don't expect the Nazis to have open minded views like myself.

"Anyways, you admitted to Noether and people like her being real Germans. So I'm guessing you admit it wasn't actually a utopia?"

In my views Noether and people like her are real Germans, and that was the view for many people in Nazi Germany, ranging from actual Nazis to soldiers and Generals in the Wehrmacht. But, Political Correctness disavows this. In Nazi Germany the Political Correctness was to follow Party Policy.

So unfortunately, the Party Policy for the Nazis had decided that Jews and Gypsies weren't German. So in their view, Germany was a Utopia, (except for the disabled, which actually got a lot of backlash, people like to say Nazis weren't Democratic, but after some Protests, they stopped persecuting the Disabled).

It's good you're letting us explain our perspective, rather than just name calling.

what about non-Jewish-blackancestry-gypsie germans that experienced arrests, police brutality, and executions for publicly expressing dissent against the Nazi party's policies? not very utopia-ish
Oct 12, 2017 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

what about non-Jewish-blackancestry-gypsie germans that experienced arrests, police brutality, and executions for publicly expressing dissent against the Nazi party's policies? not very utopia-ish

I'm assuming you mean Political Dissidents, well they experienced that all around the world when the Second World War began, in America the Japanese were sent to interment camps, in Britain those who were anti war were arrested, people who could've actually stopped a war that killed 26 million Europeans were arrested. In Russia, Germans who had lived in Russia for centuries were deported. Political Dissidents and those of foreign backgrounds were treated badly by everyone.
Oct 12, 2017 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
Gholy said:
FontSize72LOL said:

Are we talking Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero lancer, or are we talking some lancer's from some of the other fate spinoffs. There are some pretty OP lancers.
I guess just the former because I'm not very well versed in the Fate universe.

I'm so ashamed that I don't get Fate references. :(

I would be on the "fuck this shit. I'm sitting in a bunker and "protect" the food here"-side.

(A classic @Nyu -thread. I mean, I've learnt many things from him. Yeah, for example that my native country doesn't even exists. That opened my eyes. It's just in possession of Great Mother Germany! Thank you for sharing your knowledge! :D)
removed-userOct 12, 2017 9:41 PM
Oct 12, 2017 9:38 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

I'm assuming you mean Political Dissidents, well they experienced that all around the world when the Second World War began, in America the Japanese were sent to interment camps, in Britain those who were anti war were arrested, people who could've actually stopped a war that killed 26 million Europeans were arrested. In Russia, Germans who had lived in Russia for centuries were deported. Political Dissidents and those of foreign backgrounds were treated badly by everyone.

Yes, but I would think a literal utopia would rise above "but everyone does it" mindset don't you think?
Oct 12, 2017 9:39 PM

Jul 2015
no, you practically become a pawn to be used
Oct 12, 2017 9:49 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

Yes, but I would think a literal utopia would rise above "but everyone does it" mindset don't you think?

You're missing the fact, that Political Dissidents can actually cause serious harm.
They can cause massive unrest, remember all the Anti Vietnam War protests in the US, and all that unrest, imagine that in World War 2, where the slightest thing can make the country lose.
Political Dissidents did actually play a significant role in the war, Communists in France sabotaged a significant amount of Munitions, this seriously impacted the French military, they also lowered morale significantly. They were called Fifth Columnists back then.
That was because Stalin was allied with the Nazis, and used French Communists to help the Nazis.

Point is, Political Dissidents are not to be underestimated.

Just look at Russia in World War 1, Communists took over the country, while the Military was fighting the Germans.

Maneki-Mew said:
Gholy said:
I guess just the former because I'm not very well versed in the Fate universe.

I would be on the "fuck this shit. I'm sitting in a bunker and "protect" the food here"-side.

(A classic @Nyu -thread. I mean, I've learnt many things from him. Yeah, for example that my native country doesn't even exists. That opened my eyes. It's just in possession of Great Mother Germany! Thank you for sharing your knowledge! :D)

Your country?
You mean Deutsche Ostreich, sounds a bit similar to Deutschland, or Deutsche Reich. Oh, you mean that country, where the people voted to join with there Brethren, in Germany.

But, after the war, these people were ripped from their brethren. And were ethnically cleansed from the Sudetenland, and relocated into a puppet state, called Austria.
Oct 12, 2017 9:54 PM

Apr 2013
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:

You're missing the fact, that Political Dissidents can actually cause serious harm.
They can cause massive unrest, remember all the Anti Vietnam War protests in the US, and all that unrest, imagine that in World War 2, where the slightest thing can make the country lose.
Political Dissidents did actually play a significant role in the war, Communists in France sabotaged a significant amount of Munitions, this seriously impacted the French military, they also lowered morale significantly. They were called Fifth Columnists back then.
That was because Stalin was allied with the Nazis, and used French Communists to help the Nazis.

Just look at Russia in World War 1, Communists took over the country, while the Military was fighting the Germans.

Maneki-Mew said:

Your country?
You mean Deutsche Ostreich, sounds a bit similar to Deutschland, or Deutsche Reich. Oh, you mean that country, where the people voted to join with there Brethren, in Germany.

But, after the war, these people were ripped from their brethren. And were ethnically cleansed from the Sudetenland, and relocated into a puppet state, called Austria.

wow...that was fantastic really. your morals are really messed up. lol
Oct 12, 2017 9:57 PM

Jul 2016
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:

Your country?

wow...that was fantastic really. your morals are really messed up. lol

I don't support locking someone up because they are anti war, or because they are a political dissident, I was just explaining they're perspective on it, why all the nations in WW2 treated political dissidents badly.
Oct 12, 2017 10:13 PM
Mar 2017
I do, but certainly not any kind of war that anyone here would be thinking of.
Oct 12, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2016
AyameTomoko said:
I do, but certainly not any kind of war that anyone here would be thinking of.

Why don't you explain the kind of war you are thinking of.
Oct 12, 2017 10:25 PM
Mar 2017
@Nyu, I don't think anyone wants to know what kind of war I'm talking about.
It has to do with transhumanism and stuff that won't be mentioned probably long after I'm even dead.
Oct 12, 2017 10:27 PM

May 2010
As life has proven over and over again, getting along with people is much harder than killing them.

If what you're after is a challenge, then that is likely the ultimate challenge you could ever face.
Oct 12, 2017 10:40 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah, of course! War is awesome!
I think so especially after reading Vinland Saga.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Oct 12, 2017 11:49 PM

Aug 2016
A defiante no. My life is too important to me and I don't want to risk losing it...
It might sound fun, but in reality it's cruel. Killing something is horrible.

You can always rewind a show but in real life there is no going back. Once your dead, you are gone forever.
Heya, I'm Mystic, the NSFW voice actress & anime girl streamer!
https://twitter.com/MagicalMysticVA
https://discord.gg/uy6vSyH
Oct 13, 2017 12:27 AM

Jun 2012
The only war I would 'want' to fight in is a war against evil - that is to say actual evil. On a spiritual level, that war is being constantly fought within us.
I believe most war and killing is motivated by fear and, to a lesser extent, malice. However, it's far too easy to assume that one's enemies are malicious when they might just be very afraid.
I do not feel malice towards others (although I can be angry and resentful, I'm not fantasizing about revenge and punishment) and whatever fear I feel is not something I feel like turning into violence.
This whole question is, of course, very different in the face of any real threats that one might need to deal with. But even then, I think that the wars of old are an outdated and reprehensible form of conflict resolution.

Addendum: OK, thinking about the causes a bit more it seems obvious that there is indeed a 'conquering' aspect to war too. Perhaps I tend to de-emphasize that as it is so hard for me to comprehend. Perhaps on some deeper level though that might also be attributed to fear but maybe it's better to not try to assess everything on an emotional level and instead think that it might a mere product of human evolution. If some tribes were violent, those that weren't would occasionally have been easily slaughtered if they were in possession of some desirable goods etc.
Before the fascists of MAL assume that I'm some sort of standard pacifist materialist: that's not it - I just don't think that sacrificing others on an altar of ideals is a noble way to revolt (not that I would want fascism in the first place).
AburadakoOct 13, 2017 12:32 AM
Oct 13, 2017 12:51 AM

May 2015
Nyu said:
Fijure said:

@TheDeadApostle

My vision of utopia doesn't include an all-encompassing thought police out to eliminate any dissenting opinions, with hundreds of ethnic Germans having to flee the country for not agreeing with the state nor does it include starting needless wars and drafting young innocent Germans to die horrible deaths in far off battlefields to satisfy the rulers megalomania. But different strokes for different folks I guess.
Oct 13, 2017 1:40 AM

Jan 2011
I can't think of a better way to die than to be intantly pulverized by an artillery shell fired by a little asthmatic twink I couldn't do anything against.
Oct 13, 2017 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
War doesn't sound very fun, I'll keep the wars to my video games.
Oct 13, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Hell no. I like living in peace, watching anime, playing and all that stuff thank you very much.
Oct 13, 2017 11:40 AM

Aug 2016
Wars are too cliché for my superior tastes, I prefer a good ol' battle of pick up sticks.
Oct 13, 2017 11:45 AM

Oct 2017
This is just stupid. How is this even a question? Nobody in a sane mindset would want war, and if you're trying to be an edgy fuck saying something in the lines of 'Too many humans, gesnrgedsrt hgirdingdrsgnbdrstghj dsrg kill them, bblelbleble humans are bad for everything' well then why don't you just shove a shotgun to your face and blow your own brains out to make a start you unsympathetic fuck. And by the way have you ever heard of post traumatic stress? My grandpa had it, war does terrible things. A nazi utopia is not in any means an Utopia for the german people, for a secluded small bigoted group yes. For the entire german population, fuck no.

Sorry for the rather aggressive stance.
Oct 13, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
No, I wouldn't want to be in a War, because I don't want to risk dying. Especially not for a Country with so many People denouncing its own cultural Identity.

Maneki-Mew said:
Austria belongs to the same Nation as Germany in Terms of Culture:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1670338#msg52536910

It waived its German Identity and promised to stay as a neutral Country (aka neither joining NATO, nor the Warsaw Pact) in order to be united faster than the remaining two German States. The others like Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg already denounced their German Identity and then, lots of century-old German Lands, including those, that were originally German, have been being annexed to this Day.

The Netherlands also split up from Low Franconians and used to be even counted under the Low German Area:

But yeah, it's easy to misinterpret his Statements and make it seem like he would be one of the "Reichsbürger" denouncing the "BRD GmbH" (Ltd.), just with Austria instead.
Oct 13, 2017 1:02 PM

May 2015
Noboru said:
No, I wouldn't want to be in a War, because I don't want to risk dying. Especially not for a Country with so many People denouncing its own cultural Identity.

Maneki-Mew said:
Austria belongs to the same Nation as Germany in Terms of Culture:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1670338#msg52536910

It waived its German Identity and promised to stay as a neutral Country (aka neither joining NATO, nor the Warsaw Pact) in order to be united faster than the remaining two German States. The others like Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg already denounced their German Identity and then, lots of century-old German Lands, including those, that were originally German, have been being annexed to this Day.

The Netherlands also split up from Low Franconians and used to be even counted under the Low German Area:

But yeah, it's easy to misinterpret his Statements and make it seem like he would be one of the "Reichsbürger" denouncing the "BRD GmbH" (Ltd.), just with Austria instead.

Not to restart the whole Austria discussion (though it was certainly illuminating) but don't you feel a little weird telling a native Austrian that her country is fake? The decision should be with the Austrian people anyway.
Oct 13, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
Fijure said:
Not to restart the whole Austria discussion (though it was certainly illuminating) but don't you feel a little weird telling a native Austrian that her country is fake? The decision should be with the Austrian people anyway.
I didn't say that Austria is a fake Country. I just wrote that "It waived its German Identity and promised to stay as a neutral Country (aka neither joining NATO, nor the Warsaw Pact) in order to be united faster than the remaining two German States.".

"waived its German Identy"

promised to stay as a neutral Country"

Except the Austrian People had been asked in the 1920s with Salzburg overwhelmingly voting over 99% for uniting with Germany, even before Hitler, so it wasn't just Nazi Propaganda.
Oct 13, 2017 1:49 PM

Dec 2015
Not really, I prefer peace and anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 13, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2017
Umm....Why would you even want to be part of a war..

Oct 13, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2015
Noboru said:
Fijure said:
I didn't say that Austria is a fake Country. I just wrote that "It waived its German Identity and promised to stay as a neutral Country (aka neither joining NATO, nor the Warsaw Pact) in order to be united faster than the remaining two German States.".

"waived its German Identy"

promised to stay as a neutral Country"

Except the Austrian People had been asked in the 1920s with Salzburg overwhelmingly voting over 99% for uniting with Germany, even before Hitler, so it wasn't just Nazi Propaganda.

True enough, but we are fast approaching that that event is a 100 years ago, what is relevant is what the Austrian population of today thinks on the issue of unification.

Also, back then the rule was that when you lost wars, you lost land, and that was how it was. That rule has formed the borders of Europe today.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

43 by MayaRoberts »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 53 minutes ago

15 by Absurdo_N »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - 60 minutes ago

5 by MayaRoberts »»
13 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

35 by tsukareru »»
34 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

43 by tsukareru »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.