Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2017 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
Pacing is actually fine as compared to Season 2, maybe because it's rumored that it's gonna be 24 eps... Can somebody confirm it?

Premise to the Moon Banquet Festival, and it's already lit af.

I LMAOd at the part where Souma is the only one who doesnt memorize the school hymn... Esp way back in the manga. LOL
Oct 11, 2017 4:16 AM
Dec 2016
The thing with Hayama and Shiomi was hilarious, she really is like his parent.
Oct 11, 2017 4:51 AM

Jan 2017
Megumi is too sweet, I was hoping she'd offer to help. She kept going even though it as a painful job. I had to laugh at the red mouth. ;)
I am glad Souma gave up on the Mapo Tofu and did something different. Man! did those Hujiao bing look good or what?
Oct 11, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2015
Loved the pharmacology references, pacing is brilliant+ Megumi was adorable as always. Series of the year for me.
~
Oct 11, 2017 5:52 AM

Jun 2017
As always I enjoyed it, I don't there there is an episode of this series that I haven't found enjoyment in, tbh. I thought the funniest part of the episode was when Todokoro and Yukihira were tasting spicy food, and their lips were all swolen, it was a combination of funny and adorable! HAHAHA
Can't wait to see how things go for the both of them next episode, were in for a treat people! <3
Oct 11, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2017
kowalski_1123 said:
Pacing is actually fine as compared to Season 2, maybe because it's rumored that it's gonna be 24 eps... Can somebody confirm it?

Premise to the Moon Banquet Festival, and it's already lit af.

I LMAOd at the part where Souma is the only one who doesnt memorize the school hymn... Esp way back in the manga. LOL

I hope it's 24 episodes. It gives it more of an opportunity to better pace the story as opposed to season 2 (Which I enjoyed very much) seemed to rush the story due to it only being 13 episodes. So If it's 24 episodes I'll be happy.
Oct 11, 2017 6:51 AM

Mar 2017
Its always great to have my waifu Alice have screen time <3 Cant wait to see what happens next
Oct 11, 2017 7:33 AM
Jan 2016
I like Yukihira's style to challenge someone without hesitation, but I think he needs to think too wkwk I think Kuga has a very great advantage here in all of aspects , but you know, Yukihira will never let you down wkwk. Those Chinese cuisine looks really yummy, I'm hungry now...
Oct 11, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
EPISODE 3 HYPEEEEE
Oct 11, 2017 9:33 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Very good episode. We see Soma trying to learn how he can stack himself up against Kuga and the festival gets underway. Also was pretty funny seeing Megumi suffer through Soma's taste testing dishes.

Very excited for the next episode.
Oct 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
Guranto-kun said:
no VA listed yet for Azami? It better be hayami show, no one else but him should voice Azami

Oh, so I wasn't the only one thinking that. Yes, every time Azami had a line in the manga Hayami Show's voice echoed in my head.
Oct 11, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2015
I love Food Wars! but am I the only one who feels like this season feels slightly lower-budget than the previous two seasons? (choppier animation, and stiffer character movements) It would make sense since I am assuming a lot of its budget was taken up by Children of the Whales this season :/

Anyways, I really hope the 24-episode rumor is true, looking forward to more Food Wars!
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Oct 11, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Better than last week but JC Staff is eally rushing this arc and it hurts it.

PS: Great job by Erina's new VA. Two episodes in and I wouldn't have even known it was a new person if I hadn't seen it here.

No they are not rushing it tbh, the pace is actually quite good compared to Season 2. They even added scenes not in the manga and those blend in quite well.

Bruh, none of these scenes have any time to sink in because of the breakneck pace it's moving at. Jokes don't get to land, serious moments have little to no weight. The only scene that actually had time to breathe was the school song scene.
Oct 11, 2017 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
Alice slyly finding a way to participate in the Moon Festival was great haha. That team should be fun to watch.

Souma would definitely be the only student to not know his school anthem LOL.

Seems like Kuga has some kind of deal with Tsukasa. This competition will definitely be interesting to watch.
Oct 11, 2017 2:46 PM

Dec 2013
Hisako really has become a lot friendlier to Souma.

Megumi is too sweet in this episode. Her little freak out was adorable.

Alice trolling Hayama was hilarious!
Oct 11, 2017 3:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Taking opponents head on is Yukihira's normal method though so this is hardly a surprise. Well Hisako was thanks to their paring during the stag was able to understand Yukihira a bit more so its natural that they will be friendlier. As expected of Kuga to have that deep a knowledge on Chinese cuisine though. Erina ended up giving some really useful advice to Yukihira though in the end. Megumi is so cute when she's embarrassed though. Playing the friends of Akira card to Shiomi worked out surprisingly well though. Takumi sure has a lot of female fans thats for sure. But its nice seeing what Yukihira's friends are doing for the festival though. Hmm i was surprised that the school actually has a school anthem as well. And hearing everyone sing it was nice as well. And now the festival is finally here. This should be pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
Sokah said:
So... fucking... boring. I can save you all a bunch of hours of your life... he wins some ridiculous cooking competitions written by someone who has obviously never even been in a kitchen in their entire life or even watched a cooking show. Also people's cloths explode off of them as they have orgasms from putting food in their mouths which are more sensitive than a Bene Gesserit's. I gave the first season a pass because it was an okay origin story and you were introduced to the school and characters, but this doesn't have any of that, it's just a bunch of stupidity.
With rare exceptions all the food in this series is completely replicable and is stuff the writer and a chef assistant make before putting it into the manga. To say the writer has never stepped into a kitchen is really stupid and the fact that you try to say cooking shows are a good source of reference makes it seem more like you have no idea how to cook cause cooking shows are very rarely anything but laughable.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2017 5:51 PM

Feb 2017
Bless Megumi sweet soul, she knew Souma needed help so she decided to help his booth. The spice testing scene was hilarious too, i mean look at those swollen lips! Lastly, as if Souma couldn't be more ignorant......he looks around completely dumbfounded as the school sings their anthem...oh man Souma...
Oct 11, 2017 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
Most people that watched this anime that isn't Asian or even many Asians wouldn't understand the cultural context behind this episode.

I'm from Taiwan (half taiwanese) and I've lived in Taiwan for a while. The fact that the one thing Souma thought of to defeat one of the most famous and renowned Chinese dishes from China (Sichuan's Mapo Tofu) is the AMAZING variety of food from Taiwan's street food.

I always tell people, there isn't much to see in Taiwan since it isn't very big but if anything, people go there for the food. The food in Taiwan in my personal opinion from living in over 7 different countries, has to be one of the best I've ever had. Taiwanese night markets and street food are to kill for.

Also the rival between China and Taiwan has been going on for super long time, and it also represents how big China is as a country (Kuga's giant store) compared to Taiwan as a tiny country (Yukihira's tiny stand) and seeing how Yukihira will overcome and perhaps blow people away, gives me so many goosebumps.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 11, 2017 6:42 PM
Nov 2016
Episode 2 was so awesome! This is my favorite show! I can't wait to see all the food in the next episode. I want to see Alice and Momo's booth so much! :D Momo looks so adorable and I think she makes sweets. :D Also, I ship Akira and Jun, so, this episode was particularly adorable for me. :D I'm so excited!
Oct 11, 2017 6:57 PM
Nov 2016
Sokah said:
So... fucking... boring. I can save you all a bunch of hours of your life... he wins some ridiculous cooking competitions written by someone who has obviously never even been in a kitchen in their entire life or even watched a cooking show. Also people's cloths explode off of them as they have orgasms from putting food in their mouths which are more sensitive than a Bene Gesserit's. I gave the first season a pass because it was an okay origin story and you were introduced to the school and characters, but this doesn't have any of that, it's just a bunch of stupidity.

As someone who is very interested in the culinary arts and got accepted into one of the Le Cordon Bleu colleges (the top culinary school in the world, but, I was too poor to go), I can say that despite the fact that this is anime it is as authentic cooking as anime can get. I personally am more of a natural talent like Yukihira (even though I don't like him that much) and I do a lot of my cooking without measuring and I tend to make things up as I go, mostly instinct. A natural talent like mine and Yukihira's is rare, but, I have been told I make better Zuppa Toscana than Olive Garden. This is very realistic, so, please research next time. You sound like an Anime Elitist. I don't think you want that.
Oct 11, 2017 7:39 PM
Jul 2017
ZBlastHistory said:
Still few more episode until Tsukasa's testing food with Rindou.

Can't wait until Souma's helper who
come to help

I can't wait to see how the festival unfolds in the anime. The manga was interesting 😏
Oct 11, 2017 7:42 PM
Jul 2017
Yukihira is so lucky to have Megumi. The part where their lips were swollen from the spiciness got me laughing. Everyone singing the anthem and Yukihira clueless. He still has a lot to learn about Totsuki.
Oct 11, 2017 10:11 PM
Aug 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Bruh, none of these scenes have any time to sink in because of the breakneck pace it's moving at. Jokes don't get to land, serious moments have little to no weight. The only scene that actually had time to breathe was the school song scene.

Yes yes opinions, what a wonderful thing it is. Especially if people always have something to complain about.....-_-

It's complete opposite for me and the pacing is near perfect for me. And yes i have read the manga much earlier and i am enjoying the episode just the same while enjoying the anime-original additions.

Egc said:
Yukihira is so lucky to have Megumi. The part where their lips were swollen from the spiciness got me laughing. Everyone singing the anthem and Yukihira clueless. He still has a lot to learn about Totsuki.

It's quite the opposite though. Without Souma's help and encouragement Megumi wouldn't have been able to move forward and would probably have been expelled by now. Despite Souma not caring about gratitude and stuff, Megumi would still feel like she owes him.

Oct 11, 2017 10:40 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so glad nano.Ripe came back this season!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 11, 2017 10:44 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The pacing is still on the fast end. It needs some room to breathe but I feel like they're really trying to flash through a lot of material for later parts in the series which is kind of iffy since there's a lot of characters and we NEED to have time with them.

Otherwise it's still good. It keeps building up to the festival and I can't wait to see everyones dishes.

Sokah said:

Damn. Write a review and do some research about the series if you're that mad.
Oct 12, 2017 6:06 AM

Jan 2013
Since I was invited (read: challenged) to visit episode discussion... Here we go.

The humor is still not making me laugh. I found myself constantly facepalming.

I found at least two good things in this episode:
Ashita no Joe reference (when your anime is shit, just use references).
Mapo Tofu: my favorite food.

The MC totally misses its point though. Killing someone via pepper is not cooking.
Yuki Kaiji character, check. Cringe.
Boobs McGee, check. Cringe.
Naked apron guy, check. Cringe.
At least Archer came from Fate to visit lol

Oh, and this

is fucking stupid, stop doing it :D

Oh, that singing......... Maximum cringe overload.

@PrimeX
It's true as far as I know. Humans taste sweet, sour, umami, bitter and salt.

@Kittens-kun
Don't worry, I'll be here keeping you company :P
CondemneDioOct 12, 2017 6:15 AM
Oct 12, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2013
That stuff about spicy food true or hwat?
Oct 12, 2017 6:39 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Since I was invited (read: challenged) to visit episode discussion... Here we go.

The MC totally misses its point though. Killing someone via pepper is not cooking.

Oh, and this

@PrimeX

@Kittens-kun

Cringe is a stupid buzzword. So, once again, you don't have any actual criticism and are just hating for the sake of hating. :3

Oct 12, 2017 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Oh, and this

@PrimeX

@Kittens-kun

Cringe is a stupid buzzword. So, once again, you don't have any actual criticism and are just hating for the sake of hating. :3

Oh please :D
Cringe is a word I can use as much as I like. It sums up ny feelings regarding to the things I mentioned.
I even went as far as to mention the positive things I found in this episode.
Oct 12, 2017 6:44 AM

Oct 2008
hello i am the anime camera and i never stop panning. is that a new shot? ok good it's time to pan. really slow. but never stop moving because it creates the illusion of activity in the frame but NOT IF YOU DO IT EVERY SINGLE SHOT
Oct 12, 2017 6:44 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

Cringe is a word I can use as much as I like. It sums up ny feelings regarding to the things I mentioned.

Ok? You're still watching it just to shit on it. You're still doing something completely childish.

Oct 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Ok? You're still watching it just to shit on it. You're still doing something completely childish.

Yea, and there's nothing you can do about it.
It's shit. S-H-I-T :P
Oct 12, 2017 6:48 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

True, there's nothing I can do to stop you. I'm still gonna call you out every week though. I'll be in every episode discussion until the season ends. I hope you'll stick around too. :P

Oct 12, 2017 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

True, there's nothing I can do to stop you. I'm still gonna call you out every week though. I'll be in every episode discussion until the season ends. I hope you'll stick around too. :P

It could be kind of fun actually.
If only you would try to see my point. Y'know, I can understand why some people would like this show. I don't get the feeling you understand why someone would hate it.
Oct 12, 2017 6:54 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

If only you would try to see my point. Y'know, I can understand why some people would like this show. I don't get the feeling you understand why someone would hate it.

I don't care that you hate the show. I care that you continue to shit on something you could have just dropped. What's the point in hating on something that you DON'T have to watch? Is somebody holding you at gun point and forcing you to watch it? I hate School Days and Pupa. But you don't see me shitting on them constantly.

You don't like the show? Drop it. It's not that hard.

Oct 12, 2017 6:55 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

I don't care that you hate the show. I care that you continue to shit on something you could have just dropped. What's the point in hating on something that you DON'T have to watch? Is somebody holding you at gun point and forcing you to watch it? I hate School Days and Pupa. But you don't see me shitting on them constantly.

You don't like the show? Drop it. It's not that hard.

Oh no, I'm doing this of my own volition. Hatewatching is something you don't seem to understand.
And I'm not even making it my life mission to evangelize against this series, even if I could. But that'd be stupid.

Well, this is hardly the place to continue discussing this :D
Oct 12, 2017 9:29 AM

Dec 2012
Now do you understand anime viewers why AlicexSouma is not popular among manga readers?
because Alice built her own friggin harem xd
Oct 12, 2017 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
Looks like They gonna stay with the pace of "2-3 manga chapters every Episode" unlike the Autumn Election Arc... Good Episode. And finally I could hear how Tootsuki School Anthem song is...
Also dat' swollen lips and flustered Erina~...

Next Episode will be more of Sadatsuka Nao and another Yukihira's Strategy if the pacing and my thoughts is right, next Episode should be lit...
Rio-Oct 12, 2017 9:42 AM
Oct 12, 2017 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
The directing for this season is really weird, and I feel they are appearing as chibis way too much, it's actually distracting me.
The festival has just began and I'm curious about it.
horitsubastudentOct 12, 2017 4:36 PM
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 12, 2017 4:37 PM
Mar 2016
Oh shit they're stereotyping Chinese Cuisine as spicy , when in reality only specific dishes were only spicy , that honor goes to Thai cuisine were most are spicy.
Oct 12, 2017 6:34 PM

May 2016
Believe it or not, this is actually the first anime I've watched while it was airing. Usually I hate watching any TV series during its season because I don't like waiting a week for the story to continue, but I love this anime way too much to wait and I'm so hyped!
Oct 13, 2017 6:44 AM

Sep 2014
Poor Megumi having to taste all those dishes.
Dat blushing Erina <3 she's slowly falling for him
Alice trolling Hayama was really good ^^
Soma during the anthem was lol.

Oh boy, can't wait for next episode!
Oct 13, 2017 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
If you pay close attention all the panels literally zoom in, out, sideways, etc. It's kind of weird, but I guess it works due to how carefree MC is.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 13, 2017 10:51 AM
Dec 2015
Zackhario said:
The pace in this episode is different. Did they change directors for this episode?

Not just that, animation quality in general just dropped. What happened?

You should watch the 4th ova before episode 1. They didnt bother to reanimate the elite 10 intro chapter again, so they just did a short recap of it.

FlamepriesT said:
This season is already far better than the tournament arc. Also, spicy food is best food.
The pacing, predictability, and lack of comedy did affect the quality of s2.

TheEnhancedExe said:
Pacing is great so far, this time they adapted 3 chapters.
I guess if it continues like this

They got enough materials to 36+ episodes,
voidepressionOct 13, 2017 10:55 AM
Oct 13, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
voidepression said:
FlamepriesT said:
This season is already far better than the tournament arc. Also, spicy food is best food.
The pacing, predictability, and lack of comedy did affect the quality of s2.

Yeah. It was very predictable until the last match, the comedy was weaker overall, and the tournament felt like it took forever to end.

These different events and the more natural interactions in s1 and s3 are infinitely superior. I just wish we had more Nakiri. I want to see her yield so badly lol (no spoilers please).
Oct 13, 2017 7:50 PM

Jul 2015
Considering the consequences for not profiting, I know he ain't gonna completely fail, but seriously... what the heck... HE BETTER DO SOMETHING DAMN SWEET.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 14, 2017 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
The faces after eating spicy food haha.

Mini Souma is a cute.
Oct 15, 2017 9:01 AM

May 2015
Anthem scene killed me :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 16, 2017 3:45 AM

Mar 2013
It's unfair how authors tend to play the fate card in their shows most of the times. And I really like those works where appropriate choice is made at the end barring aside the so called destiny...

If only I can give Megumi an embracing hug <3
She's too good to be wasted on someone <3

Wtf do they REALLY kick students out? Seeing how Soma and expulsion issue go together all the time, I find this scene baffling :v

The Anthem scene was really funny tho xD
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.