Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2017 12:53 PM

Sep 2016
Everybody, clap your hands!

for a simple predictable battle royale, this is pretty fun to watch, the exposition also surprisingly not boring unlike re-creatros and fate/a
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 10, 2017 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
This is going to get predictable real quick if they have each episode basically focus on a specific character for an extended period of time then have them killed at the end. Like Dotsuku was likeable but they really made his overconfidence the weakness. Moment I saw Miss Chicken come in, I called it that she was going to be the one to kill him. At least it's entertaining.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 10, 2017 1:16 PM

May 2017
Holy shit! This is definitely the gem of the season! 10/10 tier anime
Breaking stereotypes and predictabilities left and right. The characters and the way the story is shown is all flawlessly done, all this and not to mention the amazing animation. Had high expectations for this and it came out way above it. Hot damn!

Kinda sad they killed Boar but it was a good call to, shows also that they have fuckin balls and might just might have something up their sleeve to reveal. Something is going on more than just a battle royals I'm feeling.

Highlights

- everyone splits up and hides after floor collapse, poor Boar ded just like that
- Monkey and Rat introductions, rat resumes sleeping in sewer in fetal position
- Dog intro and backlash fight scene was smooth af
- chicken intro and and team up with dog, dog planning to kill chicken right after my man rabbit
- tiger is shown a wee bit
- Dog juices chicken right fuckin up with drugs, supposed to make her power lvl go up a bit
- Mistakes were made, chicken was OP AF from the start you dip, kills dog by squeezing his head like a plum nugget
- Ox and Horse start to go at it, horse takes a huge shit
- Dead boar walking around
- Birds are flocking and amassing cus of dip dogs decision to OP an OP chick
Oct 10, 2017 1:29 PM

Dec 2016
Hmm, so while a lot of the zodiacs have titles relating to their personalities and/or powers (for example Monkey who kills peacefully, or Ox who kills systematically) we have Rat who's title is just translated as.....killing all. Inb4 the person who Monkey felt the strong killing intent from was actually the Rat lol

Usagi still best boy but I really am starting to enjoy Monkey and Rat as characters. Still a pretty entertaining ride and this OP has to be one of my favorites for the season.

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Oct 10, 2017 1:33 PM

Jul 2017
honestly boar has all that talk in ep 1 dies first then ep 2 dogs talks a lot and dies. wtf
Oct 10, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah looks like the more you talk, the higher the chances you die in this anime. Don't make plans guys, they are not going to work in your favor.
Oct 10, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
Talk about plans backfiring, rooster killing him was expected but I didn't think it would be that quick... and definitely not that way.
Oct 10, 2017 1:41 PM
Aug 2013
Wow I love Niwatori. She's cute, fun and it was awesome how she manipulated Dotsuku and disposed of him after he gave her the power up. Rest in peace Dotsuku though, he seemed cool, I'm disappointed they didn't expand on his backtory since from the first episode, it looked like this show will have some focus on character backgrounds too.

Something else I'm scared about now is the pattern of who dies next. Also, I think they should expand on the worldbuilding more, there's clearly a lot more going in the background left vague. Like why there are so many people with powers, how it affects society and about this killing game too.
Oct 10, 2017 1:52 PM

Mar 2016
Holy shit this is the 3rd best anime of the year so far!!! I swear to god this is madness! Boar has been killed off just like that, even with all of her screen time last episode. I really liked the dog aswell, too bad he was killed by his own game and manipulation. His death left me in shock though, she literally just squeezed his face and his head got squashed into blood. I love most of the characters that have had a speaking time so far, just not a fan of the money and her ways. Can't wait to see who wins, this is madness! P.S I love the opening.
Oct 10, 2017 1:53 PM
May 2015
Illyricus said:
It was obvious Dog was going to die. Like Boar, he was too overconfident and Chicken seemed too stupid for someone who was participating in a battle royale, it was obvious she wasn't going to be that dumb. She probably knew about his abilities and was waiting the moment he would dope her to finish him.

I read the manga chapter for this episode (chapter 3) and

Oct 10, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
Finally watched the first 2 episodes for this, I must say, I'm going to enjoy this, it's going to be a fun show. so far it's been pretty good. The voice acting is top notch! I don't want to root for anyone, because I know it's probably not going to go well. I really enjoyed the dog guy, but he's already fucked.
:3
Oct 10, 2017 2:20 PM

May 2015
I feel bad for thinking that it was kinda funny how Dog got himself killed like that. Talk about way too easy as well, lol.

Also, love the ED!

Oct 10, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
I kinda expectwd Niwatori to actually kill the Dog. But I'm interested about the Monkey and the Rat guy. Everyone says that they've seen him before, but don't know when and how. I think he has the powet to manipulate others dreams or maybe to enter peoples memories when he's asleep.
Oct 10, 2017 2:47 PM

Dec 2016
That was quite the eventful episode, a lot of carnage.

Looks like the boar could already be out unless she is somehow able to revitalize herself.

So much for the dog by the looks of it, I'm not really that surprised that trying to use the chicken to his advantage backfired on him.

The horse could be in a bit of trouble against the ox.
Oct 10, 2017 2:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Feel like the deaths are going to follow the appearence of the characters in the ED :/

anyway, if it ends up being that predictable, at least i hope its going to be entertaining for the entire serie.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 10, 2017 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
YoseiEgg said:
Illyricus said:
It was obvious Dog was going to die. Like Boar, he was too overconfident and Chicken seemed too stupid for someone who was participating in a battle royale, it was obvious she wasn't going to be that dumb. She probably knew about his abilities and was waiting the moment he would dope her to finish him.

I read the manga chapter for this episode (chapter 3) and

Oct 10, 2017 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
The dog set up so many death flags during the whole episode it's not even funny
Super obvious "betrayal"
Oct 10, 2017 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
This should be renamed to "Death Flags: The Anime"
Oct 10, 2017 3:22 PM

Jun 2012
That dog and chicken team. Dog the master of inner monologue, and Chicken the master of outer monologue :D

I was really into the dog dude though... Hoping against hope that he's not done for, but oh well.
This feels like a death per episode kind of anime. You get your character background, you die.
Oct 10, 2017 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode.

Chicken is a smart girl. Playing weak and dummy, getting buffed and killing Dog. I'm sure she got a lot of fans after this episode.

Just notice how many birds she can control now! And how she popped Dog's head. She is a real contender now.

Are Monkey and Rat going to hide in sewers all the time? What is their plan?

I hope Rabbit gets killed next. He somehow annoys me and I want to see what happens to his minions when he dies.

It seems like it will be one of the best series this season.
Oct 10, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
So, I guess we are going with the "too much exposition means death" trope XD

DON'T GIVE STEROIDS TO CHICKEN! THEY KILL YOU!
And I guess she is going after Boar-Zombie, I hope she actually (re)kills her.

So, Snake and Dragon are the twins! I thought they were both Snake.

AND OF COURSE THE DIESEL GUY IN THE KILLING GAME HAS A HEART OF GOLD! And he is gonna die, no way he is gonna win this. If there is something Danganronpa teached me is that the diesel guy (or girl) never lives ç-ç

Well, by the looks of it, Mouse is probably gonna be the winner. The young mysterious boy full of hidden power blablabla.
Everyone remembers him and his is the "killing all", so maybe some massacre or something like that.
Ox still husbando *-*
taynisOct 10, 2017 4:02 PM

Oct 10, 2017 4:17 PM

May 2009
derprume said:
I am still banking on the cat coming in and killing everyone

Maybe the cat is the one who created that game. :D
Oct 10, 2017 4:20 PM
Oct 2015
Personally, I was starting to expect that Niwatori would be the one to off Dotsuku, just not in the sense of crushing his skull with her bare hand. It was a great example of thinking you are the top predator, only to realized there are even bigger fish in the pond.
I think that the next character to be killed will be Horse or maybe Niwatori.
Oct 10, 2017 4:27 PM
Mar 2016
Ngl the way they made boar look like she was gunna fck up some commas but gave her a cheap death kinda ruined this anime for me.
Oct 10, 2017 4:32 PM
Nov 2009
Leo_10 said:
The moment Dog started acting all cocky I knew he was going to die. Guess the rule of this show is whoever acts too confident dies. And the way Niwatori killed him off, acting all innocently had me laughing.

It does seem like that is the rule. Unfortunately for me, after being a bit surprised in episode 1 this felt super predictable. Still fun, but pulling the same trick 2 eps in a row lacks imagination. Here’s hoping they mix it up a bit next time.
Oct 10, 2017 4:38 PM
Apr 2016
looks like the death order really going with the zodiac's order...
just like what Gloryruin said in episode 1 thread
Oct 10, 2017 4:47 PM
Jul 2014
The format continues with the dog getting the flashbacks to his life and setting up for the kill. Like the boar, he dies through deceit and so far all 3 deaths have been done through backstabbing and so far no real battle has taken place. Boar and Dog never even got a chance to put up a fight. I will say this anime is edgy, but also very anticlimatic and not a battle royale at all. The chicken is more cunning than the Dog gave her credit for, and everyone wants to avoid the Ox for now. The rabbit dude is trying to set up a trap and using boar as bait but everyone so far is not taking the bait. The Ox however is aiming to kill Rabbit first before he gets anymore bodies on his side. The horse was hoping to team up with Ox, but they get into a fight at the end of the episode. So far its been boring and predictable, and has offered no substance to back up its hefty promise of a "Battle royale". Rather, its been more of a backstab royale and hasn't been enjoyable to me. Following the Zodiac race is also a let down and really befuddles me. You got all this creative talent at the helm, and they are following a liner journey and so far have not done anything to switch things up. The palty writing leaves more to be desired to. I would expect the way events to pan out to be written by an amateur director, not an experienced one. I would pick people to root for, but with each episode preview and the title being introduced, you can pretty much see how the episode will pan out before it even airs. Next episode the chicken is gonna die. I can't wait to see her talk no jutsu with her backstory only to be killed and rinse and repeat. Not very creative or interactive. 4/10 still.

I suppose I will give this a couple more episodes. I don't see how they will make this a two cour anime.
Oct 10, 2017 5:22 PM
Jan 2016
If they really do continue with this formula of developing one character and killing them off at the end per episode, what's the second season going to be about? Monkey gets the wish, resurrects everyone, and the real fight begins? That would effectively mean the first half of the show is dedicated to character introductions, which I can see pissing off people who expect all action, all the time (being hyperbolic, but folks get what I mean).
MysteriousBananaOct 10, 2017 5:26 PM
Oct 10, 2017 5:36 PM

Nov 2014
Very good episode, somewhat predictable, but cope able since I know for sure there is one large glaring predictability. Chances that the Snake is still alive and not under the Rabbit's control: 90%. It's a snake, snakes are one of the most resilient creatures and known to be deceiving, they wouldn't just do him like that :L
Oct 10, 2017 5:46 PM
Jan 2016
I just feel that dog should have dodged the hand grab, not saying he should have killed chicken, but he was able to realize that she was bout to kill him but this super Warrior couldn't react?
Oct 10, 2017 6:16 PM
Oct 2015
My guess of rat is that he infiltrates dreams / minds like Freddy does. :D Overall it was a pretty intense episode where the tension was pretty high...rip dog :'(
Oct 10, 2017 6:25 PM

Oct 2015
Illyricus said:
It was obvious Dog was going to die. Like Boar, he was too overconfident and Chicken seemed too stupid for someone who was participating in a battle royale, it was obvious she wasn't going to be that dumb. She probably knew about his abilities and was waiting the moment he would dope her to finish him. Overall it's a pity, since Dog seemed like a badass.
Also, Ox is receiving a lot of hype, I'm before someone defeats him off-screen and later that character appears telling the viewers how awesome the fight was.

VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means
I think the same. The title doesn't helps either. Kinda sad,

not sure if salty or just referencing
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 10, 2017 6:26 PM

May 2017
Tokoya said:
Well it's 100% confirmed now....Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RIP Boar, even though what you did to your sister was fucked up, I still fucked with you heavy

As for the episode, we got to see more of the others characters as well as a glimpse into how some of them think which was nice to see....Also, I was kinda surprised to see that other people were thinking of getting in alliances too

But man, Dog fucked up big time lol, the second I saw Chicken (My sign lol) find him, I knew that someway somehow she was going to end this man....You can't be cocky in this series dude, if you are you're screwed xDD

Good episode overall though, and I'm very curious to see what Chicken is gonna do with all this amped up power as well as to see what will come from the Ox (I'm impressed with him and Monkey most of all) and Horse confrontation

And I feel like Rat is gonna lowkey win this entire thing lol

I doubt she's dead, in fact, I'm calling it, she'll be back, terminator style lol

She's too important to have a backstory that long in ep1, it is very much implied that she'll use her ability to get back, as it's name states

Boar wins in the end if my theory is correct with Rat being the dying love interest
Oct 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Jul 2009
Lmao what part of the 12 best warriors of the world this little puppy and miss boar did not understand? Because acting all mighty and cocky is not working too well at the moment.

Oct 10, 2017 6:50 PM
Feb 2017
Pretty interesting show so far. Seems good. My only issue with it is it seems pretty predictable. Based off the first two episodes, I'm starting to notice a trend that each episode is named after a character. Then that episode focuses on that character's strategy and actions and then they die. The first episode focused on boar and gave a surprising amount of backstory for just the first episode making us care for her and see her as the main character... then she dies in under 10 seconds of the first fight. Then this episode focused on the dog and how he thinks he can outsmart everyone... just to get outsmarted by the chicken and get his head crushed in. So far pretty predictable and anticlimactic death. I'm already expecting chicken to die next episode based off the preview so not gonna bother paying attention to her. I'm also pretty sure the show is gonna end in a showdown between the rabbit and the rat with the rat winning because they've been given the most emphasis out of all the currently surviving characters and it's clearly being set up as one being the antagonist and the other being the protagonist.
Oct 10, 2017 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
Chicken one dog none.

Also I don't think the chicken will die next.

Monkey could be up. As we know her story already. Or anyone else after they get a story.
Oct 10, 2017 7:43 PM

Sep 2017
This anime is quite predictable, but at least it's entertaining. I think a strong suit so far for me is like-able and interesting characters (except for rabbit, I don't like that dude). Even if you know what is coming it still is fairly enjoyable.
Oct 10, 2017 7:45 PM

Jan 2011
despite the hilarious karma of Dog getting killed with the help of his own poison i'm pretty disappointed by the format of this show if it continues the trend of "narrating/talking a lot " you're gonna die.

still pretty lame Boar is dead why couldn't they just leave that one already dead twin as a way of showing Rabbit was a necromancer

ED is good though
Oct 10, 2017 8:21 PM

Jan 2015
lmao i was not expecting that at all
this show is going to be great
Oct 10, 2017 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
:/ the damn rabbit needs to die ASAP. I hate him so much. He has no other traits except him being a crazy sociopath... I never like those characters.... like being crazy can be there main thing but not their only thing.

Good episode I decided I’m rooting for the chicken now :) she’s cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 8:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TsundeReaper said:
Tokoya said:
Well it's 100% confirmed now....Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RIP Boar, even though what you did to your sister was fucked up, I still fucked with you heavy

As for the episode, we got to see more of the others characters as well as a glimpse into how some of them think which was nice to see....Also, I was kinda surprised to see that other people were thinking of getting in alliances too

But man, Dog fucked up big time lol, the second I saw Chicken (My sign lol) find him, I knew that someway somehow she was going to end this man....You can't be cocky in this series dude, if you are you're screwed xDD

Good episode overall though, and I'm very curious to see what Chicken is gonna do with all this amped up power as well as to see what will come from the Ox (I'm impressed with him and Monkey most of all) and Horse confrontation

And I feel like Rat is gonna lowkey win this entire thing lol

I doubt she's dead, in fact, I'm calling it, she'll be back, terminator style lol

She's too important to have a backstory that long in ep1, it is very much implied that she'll use her ability to get back, as it's name states

Boar wins in the end if my theory is correct with Rat being the dying love interest
I wouldn't mind this at all lol
Oct 10, 2017 8:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Rooster is so cute. I'd really like for her to live. But it seems the ones who are quiet are the ones to be wary of. The over-confident players are dying off quickly. Monkey is apparently incredibly powerful, but prefers not to fight.

All deaths have been pretty lame thus far. The major problem with battle royale shows is that you get invested in characters only to see them die. A big reason why I'm not a fan of this genre.

The show seems to be following a trend here. The episode name will indicate who dies next, along of course with inner monologues and backstories. It's looking like Rooster (my sign), is next; which is really boring.
Oct 10, 2017 8:59 PM

Nov 2016
they really have to stop spoiling whose going to die with the ep tittles
Oct 10, 2017 9:00 PM

Jun 2016
>i underestimate her
>i'll use her
>then i'll kill her
>i give she a power drug
>i get my head blown by HER with only one hand

In a battle royale you can't be so cocky
Oct 10, 2017 9:01 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! The Dog underestimated the Chicken! and look what's the result his own poison doping power is the one that brought him to death!
Shuryuu formed a team with sleepy boy Nezumi.
Hitsujii is alone maybe setting-up bombs everywhere?
Inounoshishi split-up with Usagi acting as decoy? really?
Tora busy getting her self drunk?
Ushii face-off Uuma...now this is a proper fight...but if Ox is really the candidate for the win (because of everyone favorite) then he might win against Uuma.
5/5.

Oct 10, 2017 9:09 PM
Oct 2017
Now it is getting interesting to me. Somehow I feel excited for the next episode.
Oct 10, 2017 9:13 PM

Jul 2017
What a grip that cock girl have, omg. Just imagine..
Oct 10, 2017 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
This show is already losing point in my book.

Gave Hikasa Yoko's character the primary focus and narrative in the first episode and they killed her off in a lame way. And now we can confirm she's legit dead. So points off for that.

Now Dog is dead in another boring and predictable death. Killed by the seemingly ditzy girl that he kept underestimating and planning to kill the entire time.

I'm kind of surprised that this story came from the masterful mind of Nisio Isin. So far its been underwhelming to say the least.
Oct 10, 2017 9:15 PM

Jul 2017
matias067 said:

Ushii face-off Uuma...now this is a proper fight...but if Ox is really the candidate for the win (because of everyone favorite) then he might win against Uuma.
5/5.

And for some "big guy" type he is awfully coward, afraid just by the sight of Ox's face.
Also, "killing silently"? With that size? lol
akiraicOct 10, 2017 9:21 PM
Oct 10, 2017 9:45 PM

Feb 2010
Whoa. I did expect the rooster to kill the dog, but not in that way. :O
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.