Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 11, 2017 11:11 PM

Apr 2016
Watching this show is like watching a 5 yr old make their first attempt at telling a story. "I will be a wizard king!" (after hearing that phrase for the first time). "I'm going to marry sister Lily! I'm gonna. I'm gonna!" All in a loud shrieking voice.

I was willing to give this show a chance because of the decent art and animation; but the storytelling and direction are some of the worst I've ever seen in anime. VA's annoying screeches and screams are compounded by some horribly written dialog and just about zero chemistry between the actors.

I'm not sure I'll survive doing the 3-episode rule. That was one of the most painful 24 min episodes I ever sat through...

Oct 12, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2016
I can't help but feel like this episode was a waste with how we already got so much backstory in the second episode, with the only thing that happened being Asta wrecking that edgy villain in no time. So far I am not impressed at all. I think I'll wait a few weeks before deciding to continue Black Clover
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 3:22 AM
Dec 2012
Never giving up is my magic! This is clearly a continuation of Naruto.
Oct 12, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
Never giving up is his ninja wizard way.
Oct 12, 2017 4:08 AM

Sep 2016
Not like I'm acting like anyone should care, but I'm just gonna be honest. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry, but I really can't stand the MC, mainly because his voice is still very annoying. Not only while in his current self since they still didn't fix the way his screaming sounds, but even as his younger past self does he have a very obnoxious voice, which is... incredible to me.

Not to mention that there isn't really anything that interesting or entertaining enough yet that is keeping me to stick with the anime (the backstory is very, very meh and this did feel sort of like a waste, especially with how long this took up), and even if that might happen in the next episode, I seriously can't keep dealing with his voice to take that chance, so I'll be dropping. Have fun, guys!
Oct 12, 2017 4:18 AM

Sep 2017
i knew this was going to be garbage.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Oct 12, 2017 4:41 AM
Apr 2016
holy shit the negativity in here ...... the manga is much much more enjoyable atm and i dont trust pierrot in any kind of shows and project ... so lets see what the future hold us with studio clown the material destroyer ... i dont why people keep complaning and bla bla bla dont fucking watch it and give us a break from ur shit holy shit
Oct 12, 2017 4:58 AM
Jun 2017
Episode 2 in one sentence: "Asta saved Yuno as a kid, which led to them becoming rivals." That's it? I guess he one-shot the other guy. What? Is this your best material for episode 2? If episode 3 won't recuperate the show -> drop.
Oct 12, 2017 12:33 PM
Apr 2017
Pretty good. Idk why so much salt is threw around
Oct 12, 2017 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
If I had to evaluate the whole anime series, taking the first episode as an example, then I would have to reject it. But already watching this episode, I would say that I liked more than the previous one. Although there is a great summary of Asta's and Yuno's fancy, and since the narrative rhythm is not so tight, in the whole I liked much more than today's vision. The ending, I like a lot more than opening.
Oct 12, 2017 1:57 PM
Mar 2016
Really a flashback , can't we get to the part where Asta kicks that bad guys butt? Then again he didn't become a Wizard King but a demon king.
Oct 12, 2017 2:09 PM
Apr 2016
AndoCommando said:
I can't help but feel like this episode was a waste with how we already got so much backstory in the second episode, with the only thing that happened being Asta wrecking that edgy villain in no time. So far I am not impressed at all. I think I'll wait a few weeks before deciding to continue Black Clover

Seeing as how you REALLY didn't like it from the first episode and that still didn't change your mind today, I don't know why you and others like yourself would forcibly continue much further. Not like I don't understand why you dislike it so much already, but still, I would definitely drop it myself already if it was that terrible or unbearable to me. The "just in case it gets much better later on" isn't really something I can understand since much more often than not from what I've seen on this site during my months, it doesn't for so many when it comes to what they're watching. :(

darktip said:
Pretty good. Idk why so much salt is threw around

Many people already explained themselves, so idk if you're just ignoring their own reasons or...
Oct 12, 2017 4:13 PM

May 2015
That draaaaaagged...
Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard King Wizard Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Marry Me Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada Madada *inaudible screaming* *inaudible screaming* *inaudible screaming* Even orphans can do it if they work hard. Even orphans can do it if they work hard. Even orphans can do it if they work hard. Even orphans can do it if they work hard. Even orphans can do it if they work hard.
The end.
The ending theme was pretty sweet, though.
Oct 12, 2017 5:11 PM
Feb 2014
A rip off of naruto in a wizard world. This ep was better than the first though
Oct 12, 2017 5:34 PM
Jan 2017
It was nice that this episode focused on the shared backstory of Yuno and Asta. Honestly, I'm more surprised to see how much Yuno has changed over the years, but Asta is still a kid at heart. While the story was delivered nicely, it doesn't evolve Asta beyond the "generic shonen hero" archetype that is so prevalent these days. I have hopes this show will take the road less travelled by other shonen animes by putting more emphasis on poignant pathos and character development over action scenes.
Oct 12, 2017 7:57 PM

Jan 2016
rivalry probably won't be as dynamic/interesting as the rivalry in say a Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma. still very curious where this story goes, and how the characters evolve
Oct 12, 2017 8:15 PM

Jan 2014
Eh? Was dedicating a whole episode to a flashback really necessary? Did MC seriously kill the guy? They don't even show his body lol.. he just kind of "poofed" and then everyone is all smiles. I cringed at the "not giving up is my magic!" part. Fairy Tail 2.0, indeed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 12, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2014
Wow what a cluster fuck so far.

This shit is not like Naruto gettin' Fairy tail vibes with some darker themes.
Oct 12, 2017 8:53 PM
Sep 2012
MareepYay said:
Seeing as how you REALLY didn't like it from the first episode and that still didn't change your mind today, I don't know why you and others like yourself would forcibly continue much further. Not like I don't understand why you dislike it so much already, but still, I would definitely drop it myself already if it was that terrible or unbearable to me. The "just in case it gets much better later on" isn't really something I can understand since much more often than not from what I've seen on this site during my months, it doesn't for so many when it comes to what they're watching. :(

Yeah, you're right. It's really rare but Hunter x Hunter gave me a bit hope. It was really boring at first and nothing seemingly is going on but it become a masterpiece in the end (at least for the majority). It's just that we want to see where this goes. We've just watch 2 episodes, I think it's a bit harsh to judge it right now. But of course, maybe it's wiser to wait for the other's review after the series is finished (since most of the time I usually go with the majority of people).
Oct 12, 2017 10:03 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
I'm not sure who is more obnoxious, Asta or his younger self. This anime would be really cool if it wasn't for the voice actor. Such a shame.

I liked the song for the credits more than the OP. Had a more unique sound to it instead of it just blending into the typical anime opening melting pot.

Oct 12, 2017 10:39 PM
Apr 2016
Shina_Hoshi said:
MareepYay said:

Yeah, you're right. It's really rare but Hunter x Hunter gave me a bit hope. It was really boring at first and nothing seemingly is going on but it become a masterpiece in the end (at least for the majority). It's just that we want to see where this goes. We've just watch 2 episodes, I think it's a bit harsh to judge it right now. But of course, maybe it's wiser to wait for the other's review after the series is finished (since most of the time I usually go with the majority of people).

Oh. so mainly curious just to see where it goes, not really to see if it'll get a lot better or not. Well alright then. Fair enough, though I would say HxH was a lot more bearable to go through since the MC isn't as annoying to me, especially when it comes to the voice, though that probably will change... probably.

Surpreme_Squash said:
Not like I'm acting like anyone should care, but I'm just gonna be honest. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry, but I really can't stand the MC, mainly because his voice is still very annoying. Not only while in his current self since they still didn't fix the way his screaming sounds, but even as his younger past self does he have a very obnoxious voice, which is... incredible to me.

Not to mention that there isn't really anything that interesting or entertaining enough yet that is keeping me to stick with the anime (the backstory is very, very meh and this did feel sort of like a waste, especially with how long this took up), and even if that might happen in the next episode, I seriously can't keep dealing with his voice to take that chance, so I'll be dropping. Have fun, guys!

There are some people waiting for the dubs. Perhaps try that when it's available? Then the problem would (maybe) be averted and you'll be able to focus more on what is actually going on to see if it has potential or not to you.
MareepYayOct 12, 2017 10:44 PM
Oct 13, 2017 12:57 AM

May 2014
Now this is getting me a bit more interested.

Much better than episode 1.
Hopefully they can keep the animation level like this.
The fist bump with the ending music was neat, there were some nice tracks here and there.

This was the episode that I was gonna decide on if I was gonna keep watching, and it seems like I will.
Let's see where it goes.

Oct 13, 2017 3:47 AM

Sep 2007
Hmmm ...
Solid opening, seriously, i like it ... :-)
For the episode itself, was slow but good in same time.
Oct 13, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
Pointless flashback , really added nothing to the characters, complete waste of time and skippable episode
Oct 13, 2017 1:46 PM
Sep 2009
So... not only this show is a collection of all possible cliche and has a retarded voice acting, but they also decided to make the whole second episode a flashback ep. wp, wp.
Oct 13, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2017
Well, I loved the first one and this is the same for this one : the most interesting part is that we now know why Yuno is a bit cold with Asta : he doesn't want it but thinks he has to.

Next episode will be particularly fascinating given they will start their journey. Eager to see this!
Oct 13, 2017 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
That was just awful. They cut away from the action for a flashback. Not only that, but the flashback was boring.

Dropped. 1/10
This isn't just generic. It's boring generic.
Oct 13, 2017 6:40 PM

Sep 2017
Two episodes to adapt one chapter from the manga, and 17 minutes from this one were pure filler. Congrats, Pierrot.
Oct 13, 2017 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
Liked the OP & ED other than that it was meh
Oct 13, 2017 11:25 PM

Oct 2017
-Halt said:
Two episodes to adapt one chapter from the manga, and 17 minutes from this one were pure filler. Congrats, Pierrot.

Wow, I didn't suspect this...loved the episodes but yeah it's a terrible way to start..
Oct 14, 2017 1:35 AM

Apr 2011
Took the whole episode to see the fight with the wizard knight and he gets one-shot and there was no impact between him and the Asta sword. I hope the next episode is more tolerable.
Oct 14, 2017 2:49 AM
Aug 2017
This anime is the kind of anime you can skip everything and won't miss any details. Asta's alway shouting voice was irritating last episode but because today is all about a kid Asta, might explain the tone being low. I wonder if it will still be like that in the succeeding episodes.

Next episode will be another flashback, I guess.
Oct 14, 2017 3:04 AM
Nov 2016
One whole episode for a stupid flashback I couldn't care about.
Man, this series just keeps on giving.

Oct 14, 2017 3:42 AM
Dec 2015
Yo, the art in the ending was so beautiful

Oct 14, 2017 4:50 AM

Jul 2013
They split one chapter into two episodes. I'm just hoping it won't be too slow paced in the future.
Oct 14, 2017 7:00 AM
Aug 2016
This episode added nothing to the story that we already knew from episode 1...
Oct 14, 2017 7:23 AM

Sep 2016
Great episode, even though there were a lot of elements that weren't in the manga, it felt amazing.
Oct 14, 2017 9:09 AM
Jan 2009
I hope Kishimoto gets royalties from this.
Oct 14, 2017 9:37 AM
Dec 2016
Asta is so annoying. I can't stand his voice and the way he acts. He looks like pre-ninja Naruto but worse, which is saying a lot. I think it wouldn't have bothered me if Asta were younger but 15 is too old for that kind of character.
Oct 14, 2017 6:37 PM
Jan 2016
That was one long ass flashback.
Oct 15, 2017 3:50 AM
Aug 2017
You can't really compare this with Naruto. The annoyance you get from the MC is a whole new level. I dunno if I would feel the same if I read the manga. The comedy is bland. The magic of not giving up is overly used. I still hope it will get better though.
Oct 15, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
I'm honestly disappointed with this episode. It looked like it hyped in the previous episode for us to see a nice looking fight, only to mostly be spent on a long flashback that lasted for most of the episode. When it finally returned to the fight, Asta defeated the evil man very, very quickly. He was one who couldn't do a lick of magic at all, and now he all of a sudden gets a grimoire that makes him capable of completely overpowering one that was skilled in magic, and so soon? Why? Unless I've stupidly missed something that was revealed about him before he got into the fight that made him able to get this way (all I remember is that he exercised a lot), this is unlike the other battle shounens I've seen (like Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Ao No Exorcist, yeah).

I still do think this looks like it has potential, but unfortunately for me, Asta still has a very annoying voice, even as a child, which I guess is a feat by itself. I thought I'd get used to it by now, but it's actually getting harder for me to continue to sit through. I want to keep going to see how the next episodes will be, but I'm feeling more and more in wanting to see how the dub will be.
AmyTwoOct 15, 2017 3:57 PM
Oct 15, 2017 3:17 PM
Aug 2017
Asta's voice annoys me
Oct 15, 2017 4:07 PM

Nov 2015
I feel like Asta has a squeaker voice but it's hard to notice with his man voice.
I'm kind of expected to see what's going to happen between Asta and Yuno.

Rating: 4/5
Oct 15, 2017 4:20 PM

Apr 2016
First chapter of manga was great, first epp was great, then they give us a full 20mins of backstory epp 2 and it killed it for me. 1 hitting the guy. Had high hopes for this.
Oct 15, 2017 8:04 PM

Jan 2016
It's still not that good, but it's better than the first episode.

And can I just say that I love the ED! It came in perfectly :D
Oct 15, 2017 8:39 PM

Jul 2015
Reducing the MC to a 10 year old... actually made him a bit more tolerable... but only a bit... like a fraction of a percent... I still hate him. And its a shame because their rivalry seems pretty interesting, but I can't enjoy it... WHO THOUGHT HAVING A CHARACTER YELL 99% OF HIS LINES WAS A GOOD IDEA. And aside from that his character is just not good. I don't need more characters who solve their problems by yelling at them until things just work. And with that said, I'ma drop out here.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 16, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2008
"Not giving up is my magic!"
Is that the new form of nakama power?

Also, cutting of to a boring backstory when stuff was just getting interesting was not the best move.
Oct 17, 2017 5:10 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I skipped the annoying flashback which takes up more than half of an episode lol, and I don't feel I'm missing out.

Screw this episode -_-

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 17, 2017 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
First 5 mins was reused from episode one and there is a flashback. Cool.
My Candies:
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 21, 2020

62 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

343 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.