Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2017 1:19 AM
Oct 2017
i wanted to make this user to ask about anime and problems that i have in general.
so i wanted to ask this, me and my friend said like a year ago that anime is for losers only and who ever watched anime will die alone. but a few months later, i started to watch anime and now i'm really into it. but i never told my friend that i liked it and we make jokes about it and how lame it is to this day. of course i don't think is lame but my friend does. i wanna tell him that i like anime but i don't know if i should just tell him or with until he asks me if i do (which will probably will never happen).

thx for answering if u did.
every answer will help me out.
Oct 10, 2017 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
If you enjoy it you have no reason to be ashamed of it. Everyone has a hobby and interests. There are millions of people out there with this hobby so you shouldn't feel alone, I'm sure there are people around you every day who are anime fans.

I don't know what you should do regarding your question on if you should tell him or not, it's really up to you, but I feel you shouldn't be ashamed to enjoy animated shows. There are so many genres of anime that insulting it on the basis of just being anime is like insulting all of TV because you saw an episode of Hannah Montana.
Oct 10, 2017 1:28 AM

Sep 2017
If this friend does not want to be friendss with you anymore because you like something, then he/she was not a great friend after all. You should be free to be yourself with friends, it is that simple in my opinion. You can tell it if you feel better about it.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Oct 10, 2017 1:44 AM
Oct 2017
Shirosune said:
If you enjoy it you have no reason to be ashamed of it. Everyone has a hobby and interests. There are millions of people out there with this hobby so you shouldn't feel alone, I'm sure there are people around you every day who are anime fans.

I don't know what you should do regarding your question on if you should tell him or not, it's really up to you, but I feel you shouldn't be ashamed to enjoy animated shows. There are so many genres of anime that insulting it on the basis of just being anime is like insulting all of TV because you saw an episode of Hannah Montana.

i agree with you and i'm not gonna start not liking anime just because of him.
i decided to just tell him that i do like anime and if he hates me for it then i couldn't care less
Oct 10, 2017 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
TheBlankUnknown said:
Shirosune said:

i agree with you and i'm not gonna start not liking anime just because of him.
i decided to just tell him that i do like anime and if he hates me for it then i couldn't care less

That's a good attitude! I'm glad you're going to tell them about it, maybe you can persuade him to check out some good shows and make him enjoy it too!
Oct 10, 2017 2:07 AM
Oct 2017
yeah why not, i'll give it a try

thx btw
Oct 10, 2017 6:16 AM

Jun 2016
Welcome to the forums! Feel free to add me or chat with me on my profile.

aliquae said:
If this friend does not want to be friendss with you anymore because you like something, then he/she was not a great friend after all. You should be free to be yourself with friends, it is that simple in my opinion. You can tell it if you feel better about it.

Couldn't have worded it any better.
Oct 10, 2017 6:27 AM
Oct 2017
Turns out he likes anime too! I liked anime in secret and he was the same thing!
it turned out pretty well and now i feel that i can talk freely about anime with him.

thx so much to everyone that answered my topic and helped me out. I appreciate it a lot.
Oct 10, 2017 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
Hello, and welcome to MAL! (Pretty much what everyone else said)
Oct 10, 2017 7:02 AM

Jan 2017
TheBlankUnknown said:
Turns out he likes anime too! I liked anime in secret and he was the same thing!
it turned out pretty well and now i feel that i can talk freely about anime with him.

thx so much to everyone that answered my topic and helped me out. I appreciate it a lot.

That's so great! I'm glad to hear it all worked out. Anyways, welcome to MAL. Hopefully you stick around. (:

im weeb trash

Oct 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Oct 2014
Have a good one here
Oct 10, 2017 8:35 AM

Sep 2017
Welcome to MAL!
:D
If I had real life friends, then I would've help you out.
Too bad I don't have any friends...
:(
Oct 10, 2017 8:37 AM

Apr 2017
Welcome here , feel free to add me

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 10, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 2016

Hellooo! Welcome to MAL! Enjoy your stay here, especially in the forums. If you're looking for a friend in MAL, feel free to add me!

Have a great day ahead!

(())

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 10, 2017 5:23 PM

Jan 2011

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy yourself in here. Feel free to add me if you'd like to. :3
Oct 10, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2017
Hi, welcome! Feel free to add me and chat if you want to!!

aliquae said:

After that I don't think you need my advice
"There's nothing worse in life than being ordinary" - American Beauty
"We were made to be very convenient, right?" - Monster
"You humans think greed is just for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have" - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
"I don't think you have any idea of the magnitude of this number.
Of course i do. After all, i work with microscopic things" - 20th Century Boys
Oct 15, 2017 10:22 AM

Sep 2017
Welcome to MAL !! Feel free to add me if you want to- OwO
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 23, 2017 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Welcome to MAL & the forums!
Oct 24, 2017 12:54 AM
Jul 2017
Slowly and steadily bring them into the world of anime.If they really are your good friends then they must have similar likes and dislikes too.If you can slowly lure them into watching anime they have to like it eventually.If not , let them make fun of you.Thats what friends are for,isn't it?
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Oct 24, 2017 7:16 PM

Apr 2016
halo~! welcome to the MAL forum. Nice to meet u and dont be afraid to send me request i wont eat u. As u can see they are anime haters. The best option is to ignore them.. They eventually get tired if they kept complain it.
u'll never understood how the feel to be me. When the boundaries limit me to express or share my feeling. When u want to explain the truth but
you are not allowed to. When u need someone to
talk but u can't say anything
Oct 24, 2017 7:47 PM

Sep 2017
welcome to MAL! :)
enjoy your time here! ^^

i'm all yours if you're all mine.
/stär əsk/

More topics from this board

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Apr 22

6 by loligoth666 »»
2 hours ago

» Hi everyone

fdasfdsadsa - 12 hours ago

4 by MeguSae38 »»
3 hours ago

» no longer lurking, always happy to befriend somebody!

not-perfect - Yesterday

8 by MeguSae38 »»
3 hours ago

» Greetings

Vapor_AU - Apr 20

5 by omorashi »»
Yesterday, 3:09 PM

» Hi!

amk151999 - Apr 20

6 by omorashi »»
Yesterday, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.