Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2017 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The attention to detail is amazing! I've been to a few of these places and they're just as I remember. I even learned something: I didn't know about the frozen bubbles in Abraham Lake. I see they left out the whole eastern side of the country, but you can only go through so much in 30 seconds.
Oct 28, 2017 7:02 PM

Apr 2016

yay... a new shinkai thingy...
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Nov 30, 2017 11:29 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I mean, I'm sold, but where is Canada and what dimension is it in? What anime? Do they have hamburger? I am American, what is this? Is Canada nearby? I just don't know. I've never heard of it. What language do they speak? Canadian? How's that sound? Can I learn on Duolingo? Are black people allowed? Assuming free cans? What in the can? Hamburger? Is it hamburger?

Just kidding, of course. The truth is, I'm actually not sold based on this video.;; SOME of the things shown which are meant to encourage one to visit Canada are also things that you can do in other countries with the exception of the Northern Lights, freezing your ass off even more so than anywhere else apparently, and bubbles which they didn't spend too much time on, really. And the drop is really not an amazing thing to see, to be honest, just when you look at the grand scale of things. By that I mean would I pay money to travel to Canada just to see/experience it? No? Then it's not that important.

I feel like there's some wasted potential here. Too much time was spent on things that could have been anywhere (the market, ice skating, etc.) I think more time figuring out what Canada's selling points are would have made this a lot better. Because all I saw was cold, cold, cold, wet, and cold. Maybe could have spent more time on the Northern Lights (though I feel its spot at the end was well-done). And for heaven's sake, warm this piece up! Show them by the fire or something! Show some FOOD. Preferably something HOT so it at least seems like all that COLD is worth the nice hot something in the end. As I'm freezing over here in So Cali, which is often experiencing warm weathers when everyone else isn't), going to a place that's even colder is not on my mind-- not on a lot of people's minds since I know other palces are colder than where I am right now for sure.

So nice art, animation, and such but I do kinda have to say, poor choices in content in relation to each other-- the falls and northern lights are great things to spotlight, but not among all this other stuff.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 4, 2018 3:18 PM

May 2012
For such a short commercial video it was really well done and absolutely beautiful!
Oct 4, 2019 4:02 AM

Oct 2015
I am would not be sold too if i resided in Japan. THIS was really weak on calling travelers.

But the animation was halla great though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 29, 2021 7:35 PM

Feb 2008
Strictly tongue in cheek... Wonders if the JJ Bean sign was product placement...

Cute, short and effective.
Aug 30, 2023 1:13 PM

Oct 2018
Having gorgeous backgrounds is very effective for tourism/travelling CMs.

More topics from this board

» [ONA]Welcome to Cananda (Warm, Winter Cananda)

King_Savage - Sep 30, 2017

4 by EvenHarderDaddy »»
Jan 27, 2018 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.