Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
Oh boy, was already considering to drop this show after the cancerous first seconds,luckily it was just a part of the novel, not that it got much better afterwards,tho.

That silver/gray haired girl isn't funny,but awkward, her dirtiness is just way too forced.

Aside from that it was ok, I guess.

And lol, they even got a trap.

Japan,Japan...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 8, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2015
The way this was directed and presented reminded me a lot of Welcome to the NHK.

I think I'm sticking with this anime, the anime shows real promise and potential of being very good.
BluePikmin11Oct 8, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
this is gonna be a really fun anime to watch !

Can't wait for next week~

Dec 2014
ok the fetish was extreme..I had to stop and process what was going on in the first episode .... heaven for lolicons

May 2014
Eh, this isn't for me. 11 minutes in and the jokes are already getting repetitive and relying on shock factor instead of actual humour. Not a big fan of the male character designs, main guy looks like a retard. Not even going to finish this episode. I find it funny people on reddit are harking this as better than Eromanga-sensei.
Oct 8, 2017 1:06 PM
Jul 2016
MomoSinX said:
I was interested until the little sister turned out to be a trap so I am dropping this. Good luck to those who will stick around :D.

so you want incest anime ?
Oct 8, 2017 1:21 PM

Jun 2017
Takamichii_S said:
MomoSinX said:
I was interested until the little sister turned out to be a trap so I am dropping this. Good luck to those who will stick around :D.

so you want incest anime ?

We all have our fetishes. I decided to stick with this due to some interesting spoilers though and it seems worth watching just because of Nayu alone too.
Oct 8, 2017 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
okay that's surprisingly deep...
Oct 8, 2017 1:27 PM
Jan 2016
The fact that people are saying this is good blows my mind! I dropped this series within one minute. I couldn’t take it!
Oct 8, 2017 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
Well, this was the most cringe-inducing piece of garbage i have seen in quite a while.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 8, 2017 1:40 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Minatosghost said:
The fact that people are saying this is good blows my mind! I dropped this series within one minute. I couldn’t take it!
Kize said:
What kind of disturbed does this shit?. This is even worse than eromanga sensei. I can not see it more than a minute.
Probably because the first minute literally isn't like the rest of the show whatsoever and thus that's not what people are actually talking about here
Oct 8, 2017 1:47 PM

Oct 2010
MomoSinX said:
GoldenPincers said:

Chihiro, the main guy's sibling, is

I thought it was extremely obvious. Plot says his brother has a "secret". Only one thing that can be in an anime with "Imouto" in the title, IMO.

This episode 1 was a pretty big disaster in almost every way. Animation was good. Last 3-5 minutes was excellent. The rest was bad comedy, bad development, bad characters (except the girl that barely talked, I guess). Only good things are the Choucho opening and Aira Yuuki ending.
Oct 8, 2017 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Goddamn Nayu is thirsty as fuck. I like her.

Oct 8, 2017 1:56 PM

Aug 2015
I watched this because it was written by the author of Haganai. A story about terrible people being hilariously terrible to each other. And, well... these guys are terrible.

I'll keep watching because as Eromanga Sensei proved, the trashiest show is most popular (or most discussed at least).

Was a little surprised at the amount of references to other light novels, this isn't even a Kadokawa affiliate title or anything.
Oct 8, 2017 2:11 PM

Aug 2017
The begining was just perfect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 2:13 PM

Aug 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Minatosghost said:
Kize said:
What kind of disturbed does this shit?. This is even worse than eromanga sensei. I can not see it more than a minute.
Probably because the first minute literally isn't like the rest of the show whatsoever and thus that's not what people are actually talking about here

i wish the entiere episode was like the first minute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2013
That was actually pretty good. It's got a good cast so far.
I can't even begin to understand why people are so cold towards this show, yet will happily praise Eromanga-sensei.
RetoleeOct 9, 2017 1:42 AM
Oct 8, 2017 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
I really liked the first ep, i tought that itsuki was going to be some ass fetiche boy but he shows some interest on dat girl

Leave your limits.

Oct 8, 2017 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
The only reason I'm watching is the original light novel is done by the same person who did Haganai
Oct 8, 2017 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
I expected Eromanga-sensei 2 so actually I'm positively surprised.
Still...
Imouto-related stuff is obvious, as the title says, but MC talking over and over about younger sister was quite annoying.
Also as mentioned in comments already, that introduction was pretty bad. I'm aware it was supposed to be overdone but come on... imouto's eggs and milk? Our main guy has some real problems with his mind.
Cute younger brother and turned on chick do not seem like a well developed characters, it is so unconvincing.
Nevertheless, I think that anime will gather a lot of attention.
I'll continue with the series, I'm curious if there will be some actual plot.
The first episode was OK, 3/5.
Oct 8, 2017 2:37 PM
Apr 2014
GoldenPincers said:
Did everyone get all the references in the episode?
I got some of them, but not all.
Could someone help gather them? Thank you.

Isnt the ones next to SAO Maria and Mio from Shinmai Maou No Testament?
They are all sister themed, though still no idea about the one with the arms raised

Maybe Ui from K-ON! ?
Joe88Oct 8, 2017 3:19 PM
Oct 8, 2017 3:08 PM
Dec 2015
Take eromanga sensei make it worse and you get this. That's what im getting so far even though the story isn't built on the idea of incest.
Oct 8, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
Two words:

THANK GOODNESS!!!

This was nothing special honestly, I mean yeah... I kinda expected worse out of this, but seriously though... I get the feeling that this will start out good for few episodes and turn out bad later... I don't know... Hope I'm wrong

Oct 8, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2010
HaXXspetten said:
Kerozinn said:
i like it when i dont have to watch more than 30 seconds to tell a show is trasgh to me
Considering that the first 2-3 minutes of the show were literally a lie, in this particular case I'm not sure you can say that

that part alone being there was enough for me to note waste my time any further.
Oct 8, 2017 3:32 PM

May 2015
Kerozinn said:
i like it when i dont have to watch more than 30 seconds to tell a show is trasgh to me

And I like how you're wrong on this one.

Oct 8, 2017 4:12 PM

Nov 2015
Probably eromanga-sensei of the season
Oct 8, 2017 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
Well that was pretty horrible. It did rise above the level of "this story should die in a fire" that was the first few minutes. But, it doesn't rise much higher than pretty bad.

The ending wants this kind of emotional reaction with how it handles things. But there's no chance of that happening with how they've established the MC as being borderline insane. I don't care that this guy was so moved by Nayu's story that he doesn't feel like he can accept her feelings until he surpasses her. I'm more worried that he'll find out his clearly crossdressing younger sister's secret and go on a rampage.

Just nope...
Oct 8, 2017 4:39 PM

Sep 2015
Oxigenio said:
Probably eromanga-sensei of the season

Ho then you can relax~ Not only there is no incest, with only normal romance.
valvravetruthOct 8, 2017 5:17 PM
Oct 8, 2017 4:53 PM

May 2015
I really thought I was watching the wrong show for a second at the beginning with that half-assed quality and cringe content, lol.

But yeah, enjoyable first episode. No bad characters so far, but Nayu is a little bit too cringe for me at times, lol.

Oct 8, 2017 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
was okay ,god damn though Nayu is crude af literally writing those doujins for people

MC is extreme even for a sis con
Oct 8, 2017 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
Here we have the inverse AotS for this fall.

Oct 8, 2017 5:16 PM

May 2016
You know what? I'm just gonna theoryze that they put those first 2 minutes at the begining to drive away the the normies. It was a filter, and only those that got past it were "worthy" of experiencing the true show.

P.S.: Whether or not the true show is good or not is not what this is about.
HyperLOct 8, 2017 5:30 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 8, 2017 5:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i think i just found best girl of the season
Oct 8, 2017 5:34 PM

Jan 2017
Ok, honestly, the first minute really got me. I thought they'd forgot the ecchi tag or something...

so, the reasons I'm giving this a chance at all after already being pissed by Eromanga's ending are the following:
- Imouto (In this case, Nayu, I guess) is no imouto, but MC still has a siscon. That's innovative to me.
- Nayu being Nayu...
- That same reason ten times over (that level of lewdness is refreshing)
- LN is from the author of Haganai, which is waiting to be watched next week...
- The first ep was executed quite well. You had a lot of references, fan service, and stupid Rom-Com jokes, but they were totally digestable.
Oct 8, 2017 5:49 PM

Mar 2014
How good is it ? About average.
Did it surpass my expectations ? Yep. I was expecting some trash that i'd drop after 2 episodes but it was actually okay.
Some funny moments. Trap brother annoys me.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Oct 8, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
I gotta say...after the first 30 seconds of insanity, this was actually a really good episode
The cast of characters are pretty cool, they were pretty damn funny and they showed how a game can give writers different ideas, its was actually very informative.
And the last scene was like "Damn my man has some work to do."
When you realize there are people better at something you do, you need to better yourself as well

Nayuta is best girl and maybe best character as well. When she said "Yeah I'd like Senpai's Dick for dessert." I was done.

Also the MC is trash, he likes Kirino smh. (but not really he's actually tolerable)

Side note: Like if Nayuta is that hungry for it...what kind of man is Itsuki if he doesn't wanna lay it down. What's preventing him from not dating her, it has to be more then not being a sister.
SoraSenpaiOct 8, 2017 5:57 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 8, 2017 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
HyperL said:
You know what? I'm just gonna theoryze that they put those first 2 minutes at the begining to drive away the the normies. It was a filter, and only those that got past it were "worthy" of experiencing the true show.

P.S.: Whether or not the true show is good or not is not what this is about.

I like your way of thinking lmfao
Oct 8, 2017 6:08 PM

Aug 2015
*sniff* *sniff* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The first two minutes were really weird. Not cause of the wincest, but... yeah. That was weird as hell.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode. I'm all for these one-dimensional perverted shows. ...To be fair though, they already told us about that other dimension, so maybe I should call it flat instead #bestjoke2017. That girl Nayuta is already best girl. I have a thing for cute young-looking perverted assertive anime girls. The guy in glasses is also super cute, he can be my prince any day alright c; And the trap little brother... omg. SO CUTE.

I love it, I love it, I love it.

..What else? I mean the story is pretty lame, it's almost exactly like Eromanga Sensei minus the imouto, but I don't care. Do you know why?

The Oreimo shoutout... THEY FINALLY LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT KIRINO IS A GODDESS <3

Haters go away ;-;

...I'll be watching the next episode.
JokucOct 8, 2017 6:30 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 8, 2017 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
Fresh panties for breakfast. Om nom nom. (wtf)

Nayu best girl.
Just wow.
Oct 8, 2017 6:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
1 episode and im already tempted to put Nayu in my favorites

damn, i guess ill decide after ep 2
Oct 8, 2017 7:28 PM

Apr 2011
Wow they used the ochinchin meme in episode fucking 1
Eromanga Sensei would be proud
Oct 8, 2017 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
And the Trashiness is to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!
can this be even trashier than Eromanga ?
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 8, 2017 7:46 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
With an otouto like Chihiro-kyun, who'd even think about wanting an imouto?! What an idiot Itsuki is. :-P Still, I can't believe just how outrageous the beginning was, omg. Kinda hurts that Kobayashi Yuusuke is voicing such an incorrigible character.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I totally don't get it... Why is it okay to say ochinchin, but not yarichin (manwhore)?
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 8, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
idk why the rating is so low, this is great
first 2 mins made me laugh so much

Jokuc said:

The Oreimo shoutout... THEY FINALLY LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT KIRINO IS A GODDESS <3

<3 <3 <3
FeelSideOct 8, 2017 8:28 PM
lol
Oct 8, 2017 8:38 PM
Jan 2017
welp, i must say i find it interesting that the main character is a siscon with a little brother lol!!

kinda mixed about how i feel after watching the first episode.. gonna continue and see where it goes but my expectations are pretty low.. i did enjoy the direct oreimo reference tho XD and i agree, kirino is a goddess despite the fact shes a total bitch lol
Oct 8, 2017 8:38 PM
Jun 2015
SoraSenpai said:
Kirino smh. (but not really he's actually tolerable)

Side note: Like if Nayuta is that hungry for it...what kind of man is Itsuki if he doesn't wanna lay it down. What's preventing him from not dating her, it has to be more then not being a sister.
I am guessing a inferiority complex because he cried over reading her book. Your kouhai is better than you at your job and can't handle those feelings of inferiority if you started dating.
Oct 8, 2017 8:44 PM

Aug 2015
Valaskjalf said:
Wow they used the ochinchin meme in episode fucking 1
Eromanga Sensei would be proud
Lol, yeah exactly.

FeelSide said:
idk why the rating is so low
Too many normies watching

DayDream_Dog said:
i agree, kirino is a goddess despite the fact shes a total bitch lol
My man.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 8, 2017 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
Will stay for the desings
Oct 8, 2017 8:56 PM

Nov 2014
I'm surprised that nobody even mention VA joke here. Do you even remember Haganai's trap? (if you watched Haganai before)
Oct 8, 2017 8:58 PM

Nov 2011
thank god the opening segment was short but damn, it was really funny LOL

this was a pretty chill episode, the main guy is great with his imouto complex. Nayuta is such a cutie but I'm not loving her personality too much :/
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

166 by Dapineappleking1 »»
Apr 6, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.