New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2017 11:37 AM
Jul 2016
The source is light novel. The show will suck ass
Jan 2, 2018 5:42 AM
Dec 2017
Let me phrase my advance worry about this anime as:
What do you do at the end of the beat? Are you beatless? Will you save beatless?
Jan 2, 2018 10:01 AM
Apr 2016
Saw the PV and I'm rather disappointed. Seems like another generic harem mediocrity
Jan 2, 2018 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
My thoughts is that it won't make the full 12 episodes as there is only one volume in the novel adaptation. Reading the manga version of this is giving me vibes that this could be a slow show at first.
Jan 4, 2018 8:38 PM
May 2017
Welcome to Clockwork Planet season two everyone!
Jan 10, 2018 1:16 AM

Nov 2011
We better not get another Shu.
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 10, 2018 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
New PV:

What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jan 10, 2018 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
After looking at the PV this seems somewhat standard in terms of animation but the designs do look better in the second PV afterwards. It generic, sure.

But in Diomedea standards it somewhat works, plus its hard to adapt Redjuice's designs (before you bring Guilty Crown, I'm mentioning about the character designer selection for this which makes it hard).

The designs in the anime aren't too far off since they keep essence to an certain degree and it looks nice. Unlike Clockwork Planet where not only were the designs looked from 2005, but the animation was fucking whoreshit since it missed a lot of frames, it was pretty mediocre, badly consistent and just overall weak. The only good thing in that was the CG gears.
Jan 11, 2018 3:01 AM

Aug 2017
If you haven’t taken the time to read the sources, then don’t dismiss this as some harem/mecha when it’s pretty far removed from both of those genres. The premise is AI-focused rather than grandiose 10-meter battle mechs, and the story is comprised of a action + mystery/drama combination. The school façade is also pretty minimal for all of you worried about that aspect.
Edit: Touching on a couple of other notes, the male protagonist has a much more stable/normal head on his shoulders than Shu. The whole thing doesn’t feel much like Clockwork Planet at all either, it’s less about the physical nature of automatons and more of a socio-philosophical take (almost reminds me of Time of Eve in some ways).

The designs look pretty average; as mentioned previously those designs aren’t easy to adapt in the first place. The one thing I’m hoping is done well is retaining the weight of the questions that are posed by the premise. I have a feeling that one cour worth of material won’t quite be enough for it to feel complete, especially with the manga adaptation itself having limited material (producing a second cour straight from the novel would be much harder).

Again, we’ll see how this cour does, I don’t expect things to be wrapped up nicely after just 12-13 episodes but if they can make it to the end of the manga adaptation without butchering something along the way, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. (Maybe it can spurn on some of those translation projects too.) What the new PV did do though was basically keep anything exciting hidden away. I’m really interested to see how they animated a few of the early scenes. After that though I’m expecting it’ll be a bit slower to start out then kick up in the second half.
GradeusJan 11, 2018 3:53 AM
Jan 12, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2013
Honestly I was hoping that the animation would look better. At least be somewhat reminiscent of redjuice's style.
Jan 13, 2018 5:21 AM
Apr 2015
Didn't expect much, and was still disappointed.
Jan 14, 2018 9:25 AM
Sep 2012
Love Lacia since a couple years ago because of Redjuice drawing art and she is my wallpaper for years as well.. Now i saw her move in anime.. so... HEL YEAH!!
Jan 14, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
Wuuuuu...
Some generic Harem Ecchi shit...
Guess at least we'll get some new cool fanarts now though.
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Jan 14, 2018 10:32 AM

May 2009
VladimirNabokov said:
Wuuuuu...

How is ths a harem?
Jan 14, 2018 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
bastek66 said:
VladimirNabokov said:
Wuuuuu...

How is ths a harem?

wait till we get episode 3 or 4 then it will be one :P

there are enough signs for it turning into one

Jan 14, 2018 10:44 AM

May 2009
VladimirNabokov said:
wait till we get episode 3 or 4 then it will be one :P

there are enough signs for it turning into one

Did you read the LN or manga? I guess not.
Jan 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
Just watched the first episode. And as stated, the character design done by redjuice is yet again fantastic. Especially the LN art of each character. That much is sure, and probably will be the only fantastic thing about this series. The music didn't seem special at all, and the story while nothing yet is definite already seems shaky at best, to me.

The protagonist seems like your typical annoying, weak ass loser type. But the science part of the science fiction is total bullshit (referring to that wavelength bs about 18 minutes in). Like inflexible meta material membranes? The fuck? inflexible is the exact opposite of what a membrane is. That literally means nothing in the context of the show was referring to. The only part that made sense was separating a drone from it's powersource and whatever signal controlling it shuts it down.

All in all, I'm betting this is going to crash and burn. Way worse than Guilty Crown (Which I didn't mind quite frankly).
Jan 14, 2018 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
Yautja said:
Just watched the first episode. And as stated, the character design done by redjuice is yet again fantastic. Especially the LN art of each character. That much is sure, and probably will be the only fantastic thing about this series. The music didn't seem special at all, and the story while nothing yet is definite already seems shaky at best, to me.

The protagonist seems like your typical annoying, weak ass loser type. But the science part of the science fiction is total bullshit (referring to that wavelength bs about 18 minutes in). Like inflexible meta material membranes? The fuck? inflexible is the exact opposite of what a membrane is. That literally means nothing in the context of the show was referring to. The only part that made sense was separating a drone from it's powersource and whatever signal controlling it shuts it down.

All in all, I'm betting this is going to crash and burn. Way worse than Guilty Crown (Which I didn't mind quite frankly).

Can only second this statement here.

Jan 16, 2018 6:11 AM

Mar 2016
TheItsSean said:
Welcome to Clockwork Planet season two everyone!

It doesn't seem as bad as Clockwork Planet, though it's fairly similar. It's like someone tried to fuse Clockwork Planet and Eve no Jikan so far (appologies to Eve no Jikan fans).
Jan 21, 2018 10:13 PM

Jun 2017
after watching the 1st episode, i re read the manga again to confirm why it have a bad logic going on the anime scene when the MC just out of nowhere accept the "contract" without any though, turn out it was the same on the manga itself...

5+ years ago i might say this kind of story with that kind of logic are fine, but after i watch and read many good anime and manga out there, beatless logic on their story are just plain bad.

PS: the only thing i found good on this anime are the chara design (thanks Redjuice for that) OP and ED song, the rest are not.
May 30, 2021 9:34 PM
Dec 2017
its a really interesting anime that could even work as a video game.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.