Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 12, 2017 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
fuck yeah it's back
double x
Oct 13, 2017 12:18 AM

Oct 2016
Finally!!! This has finally started airing, and it's as good as I thought it would be. I also thought the opening and ending were great. This is a great anime that you can just chill out to after a long day of work or school. Studio Bones has done it again!
Yuki_NonakaOct 13, 2017 12:23 AM
Oct 13, 2017 2:55 AM

Aug 2012
Interesting episode. It made me notice something. The name of the place HellSalem sounds quite similar to Jerusalem Lot . Anyone know if there are any connections?
Oct 14, 2017 5:14 AM

Jan 2011
Better first ep than the first season.

NeoAnkara said:
Sugar Song to Bitter Step is really hard to top and I feel that this season ED can not do it.
Gotta agree with this though.
Oct 14, 2017 11:32 PM

Jan 2011
Lots of yelling, slapstick and shouting over mundane shit such as the video game. I can understand this being a part of its charm but it fails at any serious tone. I would assume it is moderately serious due to the state of one of the world's largest cities falling to near ruin and mythical creatures running around. They have and seem to exist side bide side not unlike fairy creatures and humans in some fantasy works, perhaps even more peacefully apart from the crime and gangs. I could see them doing a nice split between seriousness and comedy like Trigun or something but instead they seem to want to lean more so on Otaku/FLCL humor and loosely held together plot points.

I remember at least a third of the last series focusing on episodic shit and even when things got "real" the characters often ruined that atmosphere. A part from being something new I can watch while eating I'm not holding out any hope for this show. The first one was fun at times but I'm not as tolerant to anime in general as I was two years ago, particularly due to Re: Zero, Utawarerumono, and this one spending fifty percent of its run time effectively fucking about.
Oct 15, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2015
Yup, it's back. Time for some running , Quick text and then cool finishing attack.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 15, 2017 9:42 AM
Mar 2016
Poor Leonardo, he never got any compensation at all XXXXXX , XXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2017 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
So many Gintama voice actors, all we need is Sugita in the mix and its a party.
Great episode and start to the season +1
Oct 19, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
MagicalMahou said:
I already have the nuclear codes ready for anyone daring enough to say this season's OP is better than Hello, World.

Or the ED, man. Nothing beats Sugar Song.
Oct 20, 2017 11:02 AM

Apr 2016
Achaman said:
still as stupid and random as ever..

Perfect for people who are insanely random :) PURE GOLD
Oct 23, 2017 1:32 AM

May 2016
Hooray! The dub is out so now I can start watching this!

After watching this episode I'm glad this series has kept its bizarreness and its unique sense of fun. There were a couple of funny moments. Poor Leonardo never has any luck; getting his apartment blown up and having to save a politicians head on his day off.

I'll continue to watch this every week. I just hope they actually give this show a plot and develop its characters this time.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 23, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
Really emphasizing the music this ep.
President turned into a head for some plot but leonardo pulls through and the day is saved.
Oct 24, 2017 5:37 AM

Oct 2015
The change in staff is painfully obvious, camera angles are too average and doesn't really capture the city's chaos as matsumoto did. The OP was awesome but I didn't like the chorus part that much. OSTs aren't english anymore? Overall, not a good impression from me
Oct 28, 2017 12:08 PM

Oct 2017
Achaman said:
still as stupid and random as ever..

Kariossus said:
Didn't care at all, bunch of shit happening just because.
I guess they wanted to show all the characters to the new comers, but besides the good production, nothing interesting happened. It was just random whacky stuff nad super powers.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have Exhibit A and Exhibit B of People Who Just Don't Get It. You simply don't get this show at all, do you? It's almost like Season 1 taught you nothing about its chaotic storytelling. I suggest you give up watching it.

Femt's "One for Nonsense, All for Nonsense!" is basically what B3&B is all about. Life in New York City is already a chaotic mess, now imagine if random shit and monsters got there overnight. Do you really think there'd be any order or logic to it? There's all kinds of nutjobs in big cities like NYC and LA and bizarre shenanigans going on every day. Throw in vampires and monsters and it'll all go to Hell in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, this show is back and I'm fking loving it. Those who don't get it should stop watching and send their complaints to the following address:

911 No1Cares Ave
Hellsalem's Lot, NY
Devil-FlamingoOct 28, 2017 12:11 PM
Oct 31, 2017 3:54 PM

Aug 2017
Now the anime lacks of plot -.- The first episode was boring and i don't like it. Good animation anyway.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 7, 2017 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
Finally got around to watching this. Still as zany as ever I see. A little disappointed this episode more or less felt like watching the s1 finale but on a smaller scale.

Also, strangely annoyed at the fact they reused the ice guy's walking in the puddle and freezing animation, literally taken from last season.
PaulNov 7, 2017 11:42 AM
Nov 7, 2017 5:42 PM

Sep 2017
Haha so happy to see this second season come out. Only just discovered this anime and finished season 1 not too long ago. Guess I’m lucky I don’t have to wait!

The comedy and action in this show are still as brilliant as the first with some excellent OST work as previously. Nice to see all the members of Libra and a few other friendly faces make a return for episode one.

A bit unsure what the plot point of this one away and it felt rather lacklustre at the conclusion as it doesn’t really deal with the corruption within the government which caused the mayhem in the first place. Felt very much like it was used to drive just this episode and then dropped immediately once it finished. Still it allowed for the show to demonstrate the laughter, carnage and everything I love about this show from the get go so I have few complaints.

We had a sneak peek into Leonardo’s mind on this one and a hint at the reason why he came to the city in the first place. If they decided to pursue this it’d help answer a lot of question left over at the end of the last season. Here is to hoping!

Roll on the rest of the season!
Nov 19, 2017 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
AYY it is back. I wonder if this season will fix the problems the first season had tho.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 20, 2017 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
Zelev said:
AYY it is back. I wonder if this season will fix the problems the first season had tho.
what problems exactly? The lack of plot? If you're looking for that then look elsewhere. This season is more episodic than the last. Plus a downgrade in director and script writer but if you enjoyed the crazy antics of the first season you'll enjoy this as well especially since this season focuses more on the supporting characters which the previous season lacked
Nov 20, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
EGOIST said:
Zelev said:
what problems exactly? The lack of plot? If you're looking for that then look elsewhere. This season is more episodic than the last. Plus a downgrade in director and script writer but if you enjoyed the crazy antics of the first season you'll enjoy this as well especially since this season focuses more on the supporting characters which the previous season lacked

Well there were many unanswered questions last season.

Ah, I see. Good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 22, 2017 5:55 AM
Jul 2017
First of all,I miss White and I'm in love with her..I want her back T.T
Dec 26, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2016
Great start to the 2nd season, OP way better than the OP from season 1. If people have bother too see the staff list, Rie Matsumoto is still here as episode director and storyboard. They didn't boot her away and thats good.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 10, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2012
Quite the intense episode, it's been a while since I've watched this series. But well I'm interested to see what this season will offer!
Jan 21, 2018 2:55 AM

Dec 2010
Pilot got us right back to the proper vibe. Poor Leonardo though.
Jan 23, 2018 7:52 PM

Mar 2015
Oh hell yeah jumping right back into the thick of things. Really loved the first season and episode one of the second has not let me down one bit!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2019 6:12 AM

Sep 2018
The beginning is a sort of deja vu: all the characters are seen in a very absurd situation, but the difference with the first anime series is that now the viewer has made the callus and the thing seems to make sense. Very funny episode, the characters do their duty well and the quality is always very high both of the drawings and the animations. The BGM is catchy, I don't really like the opening, but I really like the ending. Leonardo, desperate and excited by his game console, reminded me of the scene in which he shouted "food punishment". X°°D
Jul 23, 2020 4:59 AM

Jul 2015
Hellsalem's Lot is as crazy as ever. Leo really deserves a new X-station considering his perfect delivery and the many obstacles he had to overcome which none other pizza-delivery guy would survive...DOUBLE-X!!!

Dec 23, 2020 4:56 AM

May 2018
Great first episode. Lol poor Leo, having his X-station destroyed xD
May 24, 2021 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
Àmazing opening and start of episode.
EX! DOUBLE-X DOUBLE-X. Shit was way too funny.
Klaus' attack was damn sexy.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 22, 2021 6:34 PM

Apr 2008
I see you Kuroneko...and the little Meryl and Milly figures....did the first series of this have any Trigun stuff...I can't remember if it did at all lmao.
Nov 23, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2019
Already giving us action from the first episode, have to appreciate that.

I miss the first opening and ending, can't say the new ones are better. I wonder what the plot is going to be in this one, give me more Femt please.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 14, 2022 2:20 AM

Jan 2020
that is one of the best first episodes I've seen in a while - and I'm not joking
Dec 14, 2022 11:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
headlong across town!!! kekeke
Dec 9, 2023 10:30 PM

Oct 2022
One moment you about to have some degenerate gaming time and the next you have your home been blown up by some shadowy alien cabal that likes to decapitate heads 💀
UndefeatedBahamut
Mar 23, 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
X Station! DOUBLE X! DOUBLE X!
Apr 2, 1:36 AM
Nov 2023
not much to say other than i liked it
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.