Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2017 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, Chinatsu really has a hard time getting along with certain people. She's quite different from Shizuku.

Chinatsu's character chemistry with her rival and also Tatara is very amusing.
Tbh, I think she looks great in a dress. The blue outlines and style really fits her.

This is also Chinatsu and Tatara's first dance together on the competitive scene so the episode really felt tense.
Oct 7, 2017 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
I hope Tatara will take the lead later on. I don't know why, but a girl leading bugs me.
Oct 7, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
Akira is so mean wtf.

Time to see if Tatara starts being able to lead.
Oct 7, 2017 12:17 PM
Sep 2012
This is getting interesting! I love the idea of reversed role, but of course I don't wish them to keep using it. I think it's obvious that in the end, Tatara will take the 'real' leader role and Chinatsu will do the 'real' partner role, yet still curious how it'll end up like that.

Red hair gal is officially one of my favorite character. She's a bitchy type but super likable. I applaud the writer for that. It's not easy to write a character like that, at least for me. Also loved her dynamic interaction with Tatara.
Oct 7, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2014
Chinatsu and Tatara actually pissed me off. Could not enjoy this episode at alllllll.
Oct 7, 2017 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
It's interesting to see an unorthodox dancing method where the follower is actually doing the leading, and obviously this is something that Chinatsu and Tatara are going to need to work on since they can't get away with it forever (especially with Hyodo's mom calling them out on it). Other than that, their performance at this competition seemed decent, but they unfortunately didn't take first place.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Akira......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2016
im already too used to super genki aoi yuuki voice, i wouldn't recognize her voice if i didn't read the character seiyuu beforehand lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 7, 2017 12:41 PM

Oct 2017
Tatara has to stop being such a pussy, it was annoying to watch him just get thrown around.
Oct 7, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
At this point I've stopped expecting any sort of proper dance animation from this anime, it's either gonna be CG or close-ups and stills combined, so disappointing.

Seriously Tatara, you've been dancing for 7 whole months and still can't properly lead a partner, just like Hyoudou's mom said, how long are you going to make the girls do your job??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 7, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
welll things don't go as smoothly the first time...but they are improving in their own way
Oct 7, 2017 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
Tartaras and Chinatsus couple chemistry definitely needs some improvement,this is going to be a lot of work.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
I greatly enjoyed how messed up this episode was. It was uncomfortable to see him being led because even though I know the situation, I would have liked for her to at least give some leeway towards cooperating. Properly shows how hard-headed she can be, particularly while riled up due to her rival being present, so the bad taste was conveyed well.

I didn't expect this show to get as sharp tongued & rude. Seeing Chi-chan's interaction with her ex-partner came as a surprise but felt natural. Her femininity was being attacked heavily which explains her wish to hang out with friends to be "normal".

Main part I loved was the music during their last dance. It was playful, as if slang of a classical piece but intense, suiting the situation. Loved the string(?) instrument that enters in the later half of it.
Oct 7, 2017 1:19 PM
Oct 2017
I don't like this situation for Tatara have too many problem this man...hyodo and gaju are 1000 year before him ... and not found 1 lady for this situation. I hope Tatara wake up or this is the fall of this character that employs 100 bets to recover.
I WANT TATARA BERSERKR I WANT MORE POWER (ball) FOR THIS DANCE!!!!
Oct 7, 2017 1:26 PM
Apr 2016
At first I didnt like their pairing at all but I can see how it will develop very well. Also, the OP and end song are amazing
Oct 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
Tatara and Chinatsu have a lot of work to do. Chinatsu herself got carried away started leading Tatara. Tatara needs to learn how to lead.

Oct 7, 2017 2:42 PM

May 2015
Chinatsu looks so pretty in that dress <3.

Tatara and Chinatsu still can't seem to dance on the same wavelength. They have long ways to go.

Decent episode.

Oct 7, 2017 3:57 PM

Mar 2016
This episode wasn't a "5-minute" feeling for me. It wasn't a bad episode. Just seems that there isn't much progression. By the way, I don't like Chinatsu, at all. Her behavior is inconsiderate and stubborn and she is basically making an a** of herself. I hope her attitude changes soon or else I think I'm going to hate this pairing.
Oct 7, 2017 4:07 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Chinatsu & Akira look great in their dresses.

Tatara & Chinatsu dancing in their first competition. This partnership is going to be tough.

Nice to see Kugimiya & Idogawa.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 7, 2017 5:42 PM

Nov 2014
I always have problems with extreme coincidences driving the narrative in any story attempting to be realistic and this is no exception, it seems lazy and it really does break immersion. I hope this kind of thing doesn't become commonplace. I like how both Tatara and Chinatsu are having role issues since it puts them on the same level and makes things more interesting.
Forum Signature
Oct 7, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2015
Got to meet Chinatsu's ex-partner. I really don't like her. They're very different from each other. Chinatsu looks very pretty in her dress. Tatara needs to learn how to lead her.
Oct 7, 2017 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
Chinatsu's dress... so pretty! *-*

That girl making fun of Chinatsu is very annoying :/ but at least Chinatsu's willing to fight her back by entering the competition :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 7, 2017 6:24 PM
Aug 2017
Hi, not sure where else to ask this! What song starts around the 7 minute mark in this episode? I heard it in the previous episode too, i'm dying to find out what it is!
Oct 7, 2017 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
LOL being Tatara is suffering. But he was so cute working in the cafe, such a good boy. Chinatsu give him a break!
Oct 7, 2017 8:19 PM
Oct 2017
I've been reading the manga and I get really stressed out by Chinatsu's atitude towards Tatara. Wish they would sort things out quickly cause they certainly have potential to be a great couple
Oct 7, 2017 8:36 PM
Jan 2016
I know Tatara, it'll be hard to handle girls like Chinatsu, but it'll be a great lesson for you, Tatara.
Oct 7, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.

That moment where Tatara got pulled into Chinatsu and Akira's argument had me laughing. xD
Akira can be pretty mean.

Chinatsu was super cute in her dress.

Looks like Chinatsu and Tatara are off to a rough start and I liked how Tatara decided to adjust to Chinatsu's style at the end, too bad they couldn't win though. :(
Not sure I can get behind Hyoudou's Mom here, Tatara had to sacrifice his own lead else the final dance probably wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did for them but yeah it would be nice if Tatara learnt to lead better.
Oct 7, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2017
When there’s more chemistry between Akira and Chinatsu than Tatara and Chinatsu. Tatara needs to get his shit together and lead properly. I’m anticipating great things from entry 316, from being Hyodo-san’s students.
Chinatsu did look gorgeous in her dress, though, and Tatara is trying, but it’s geting slightly frustrating seeming him stagnant despite months of learning ballroom dance.
the universe has moved for us
there wasn’t even a little miss
Oct 7, 2017 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad Aki brought Chinatsu back into dancing, but she sure is nasty.

Tatara and Chinatsu have a lot of work to do! I'm really looking forward to watching them progress in this 2nd cour :)
Oct 7, 2017 10:56 PM
Oct 2016
Shina_Hoshi said:

Red hair gal is officially one of my favorite character. She's a bitchy type but super likable. I applaud the writer for that. It's not easy to write a character like that, at least for me. Also loved her dynamic interaction with Tatara.

This

I like her already because she isn't potrayed like one dimensional character, she has a good side but also brutally honest and selfish. She is still 15 yo afterall (not everyone can matured like shizuku).
Oct 7, 2017 11:08 PM
Jan 2008
Chimerared said:
I always have problems with extreme coincidences driving the narrative in any story attempting to be realistic and this is no exception, it seems lazy and it really does break immersion. I hope this kind of thing doesn't become commonplace. I like how both Tatara and Chinatsu are having role issues since it puts them on the same level and makes things more interesting.

I hear you. The fact that Akira is the daughter of his employer and is a competitive dancer was enough of a coincidence... then Chinatsu enters the place on his first day... then he learns they were partners.

That was... too much. Took me out of the story. Could be handled better, maybe reversing the way he got a work. He could've know Akira from dancing/Chinatsu and from there he got his job. Something like that!
Oct 7, 2017 11:08 PM
Oct 2007
I guess this is what we call character development and like everyone else, I am not really liking the idea of the female leading the dance rather than the male. Hopefully Tatara steps up soon!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 11:36 PM

Feb 2012
Tatara handing the lead over the Chinatsu couldn't be more perfect. It's nothing but a perfect representation of the push-over that Tatara is and the... "strong will" that Chinatsu has. Seeing as it was said multiple times that his lead was bad, it also makes sense from just a practical standpoint.

It's just a growth for Tatara. Discovering dance, discovering that he sucks at leader, learning to lead, and more than that, growing a backbone.
Oct 8, 2017 12:09 AM

Jun 2016
That was an okay episode. Idk but ever since that Chinatsu girl appeared, it seems like I'm no longer enjoying this show as much as when she's not around. This show used to be 9/10 for me and now it's 7/10. I can't seem to like her. Ugh idk. I want more Hyodo, Hanaoka, Mako, and Gaju, but we were given an edgy character and it seems like Tatara might end up with her in the end. Like why?

A lot of anime characters ruined my experience on watching anime (like Rei in Highschool of the Dead, Mayuri in Steins;Gate) and it seems like Chinatsu is joining the list. Lmfao.

Anyhoo, sure keep on describing the moves like how smoothly they move while us viewers are so fucking clueless on whatever smooth shit they did. Jesus Christ! If MAPPA can do it with Yuri!! On Ice, why can't the people behind this anime animate the whole fucking dance!?!?!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 8, 2017 12:35 AM

Feb 2014
I get the feeling that Akira has some sort of a grudge to Chinatsu. She looks pretty smug when she's seeing Chinatsu struggling to adapt to Tatara. Whether i'll like her as a character or not really depends on her future interactions, but for now, I think that she's okay. =)

The lack of dancing animation was apparent again, but the still shots did a decent job at portraying both Chinatsu and Tatara's expression while they danced in the novice competition. It's good to see them dancing well, but it wasn't good enough to win first place, thanks to Marisa's students.

Marisa was once again pretty straight to the point about Tatara's lead role. It'll be sometime before Tatara becomes better at leading and Chinatsu becomes better with following. Looking at the preview, we'll see Marisa's students getting a lot more screentime, so I'm looking forward to that. =D

Overall, this was a pretty good episode.
Oct 8, 2017 4:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice episode, Chi-chan dress was so cute! If something, she looks way more cute in it, than she ever did in the manga, but I was expecting abit more from the execution of the scenes, when Tatara was waiting for her to move, to immediatly make his move.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
That was an okay episode. Idk but ever since that Chinatsu girl appeared, it seems like I'm no longer enjoying this show as much as when she's not around. This show used to be 9/10 for me and now it's 7/10. I can't seem to like her. Ugh idk. I want more Hyodo, Hanaoka, Mako, and Gaju, but we were given an edgy character and it seems like Tatara might end up with her in the end. Like why?

Oh?
First time I hear an opinion like that, the general consensus is that Chinatsu appearence elevated the series to a new level, due to she being a very interesting character herself, and her chemistry with Tatara being really great and very enjoyable to watch... it was like that for me from the beggining, and it only gets better later, so I guess you will like it more down the line, when they start to get along better and find a connection.
Oct 8, 2017 4:32 AM

Mar 2013
Chinatsu sure is an outrageous a girl, haha.

Didn't expect them to get paired so easily tbh. Wanted a sort of dramatic lead up to that.

The cafe Tatara works at looks cool~
And I didn't know it was actually that short hair blonde who was in the OP, lol. And yeah, she kinda piss me off too.

As for how dance went, hmmm... well it worked out fine for now but I sure don't want Tatara to end up following Chinatsu's steps every time. About time he progress in his leading.
Oct 8, 2017 4:49 AM

Jun 2016
Playcool said:
Nice episode, Chi-chan dress was so cute! If something, she looks way more cute in it, than she ever did in the manga, but I was expecting abit more from the execution of the scenes, when Tatara was waiting for her to move, to immediatly make his move.

TheDoggoneGirl said:

Oh?
First time I hear an opinion like that, the general consensus is that Chinatsu appearence elevated the series to a new level, due to she being a very interesting character herself, and her chemistry with Tatara being really great and very enjoyable to watch... it was like that for me from the beggining, and it only gets better later, so I guess you will like it more down the line, when they start to get along better and find a connection.

I'm just not a part of majority who likes her, I guess? Heck, maybe I'll like her soon, who knows? Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 8, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2014
And here it begins for Tatara. First debut with Chinatsu as a partner; I'd probably be happy about it, but considering her attitude at the time it was probably awful for him. I liked how he found a way to make things work for them as they are now, Tatara's intuition and eyes played a big role in his dance yet again.
I don't like Akira, but I couldn't agree more with her, about Chi-chan's dress..cute (〃ω〃)

Oct 8, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2008
So... when Chinatsu become likeable?
Or she gonna be always like this and that's why people like her.
Oct 8, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
Not a fan of the direction this show took. Feels like all the progress from the first cour is lost and we're back in the beginning with new characters which are worse in every way.
Oct 8, 2017 7:22 AM
Dec 2008
The show has been hammering away that this two pair suck at their own respective roles and are polar opposites. They also have their own personal agenda for pairing up unlike with Mako in which they shared one common goal. And adding to the tension is Akira her ex-partner who will most likely have a prevalent presence in competitions so of course it's gonna be a rough and bumpy ride.
Oct 8, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
damn, I'm in love with Akira in first sight ^^
Oct 8, 2017 9:11 AM

Oct 2008
Another good episode!
Oh what a coincidence, Chinatsu's ex-partner Akira is the daughter of the owner of the part-time job Fujita works for...
There seems to be some bad vibes rivalry with Chinatsu's ex-partner Koumoto!
Yuuki Aoi's perfect VA for Akira!
lolz Tatara was super surprised with the decision of Chinasu! to get into the Grand Prix and stumble Akira's sorry face! lolz and then Tatara is thinking of Shizuku! both have different objectives! this is really fun!
Not bad! the dress of Chinatsu!
Fujita's really having trouble leading Chinatsu! such worst combination!
Akira is really good at provoking Chinatsu!
lolt at Tatara, he's pissed-off at Chi-chan!
That was a good plan by Tatara! he adjusted for Chi-chan!
The pair that won was the one that showed-up on the OP2 visuals!
Hyodo-kun's okasan knew that Fujita's doing the following but not leading!
5/5.

Oct 8, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
Even though I perceived the transient character of the narrative, I did not get bored, because the plot was advanced the same and the episode gave us good moments of comedy and growth for both Chinatsu and Tatara. The character of Bamba, I did not remember him so serious and fascinating, wow! This episode is also great, I thought it was more rude the character with the scar on the face.
Oct 8, 2017 9:55 AM
Apr 2016
am i the only one who absolutley loves chinatsu? The other girls (especially shizuku) seem almost boring in comparison. Chinatsu's fucking badass, the only reason why tatara and chinatsu can work together is bc tatara's level is way to low.
chinatsu is someone who's going to get tatara to work harder, she's not going to pull herself down to his level just because it'll make them appear 'more in sync'. mako was cute, and shizuku was smart, but chinatsu's entertaining as fuck and i cant wait to see how her character progresses.
Oct 8, 2017 10:11 AM
Aug 2017
does anyone know the music playing around 13:30? I can make out some of the lyrics but I can't find it online. I really wanna know the song, reminds me of a radwimps/illion song. thanks!!
Oct 8, 2017 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
That Aki girl made some bad memories of mine resurface, I already want her to get REKT.

Their dance in the competition was a mess, let's see how they are gonna improve...
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 8, 2017 11:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Our new couple is off to a rough start as expected but man I didn't expect their new rivals to be the students of Hyodo's mom =o

Also, Aki is pretty hot even though she's a bit of a bitch and MAN DID CHINATSU LOOK GORGEOUS IN THAT DRESS
Oct 8, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
Akira is mean! No wonder her partnership with Chi-chan didn't work out...Chinatsu is so cute, but she and Tatara needs to work harder to become a couple, Tatara have to be a better leader. And the couple from the OP is here and they are Marisa's students...
Oct 8, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2015
Looks like Aoi Yuuki will be voicing two bitches this Fall season...

So Chinatsu can't follow because she has always led. Well this is going to be tough for Tatara. And I guess I was wrong about Chinatsu being a bit of a Tsundere. She's just cocky.

"Tatara, you're good at following, so back me up. It's not like I need you to lead me or anything."

BURN!!!

That's it! Tatara, it's time for you to establish dominance! You're supposed to be the leader, so lead her!

Well they didn't win 1st place, but Chinatsu did say that they just had to be 2nd to reach D-Class. So...did they reach 2nd?
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:24 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by Copie »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.