Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2017 4:10 PM
Jul 2016
CatSoul said:
DeitysDynasty said:
ikr it's disgracing the ranking

MAL's rankings were already a disgrace. You guys would really rather have four Gintama seasons in the top 10?

yes i would, because they aren't being rated by trolls at least, but by a dedicated (sometimes maybe too much) fandom
Oct 7, 2017 4:11 PM

Dec 2016
Prog_upworks13 said:
pgmhecateii said:
For me, yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Not in a million years would I approve of Pingu. I haven't even added it to my list yet.

Never heard of "Pingu" before this morning.
It doesn't "look" like anime.
I want to cry right now T^T

I thought I only one who just know this because it's have take the top score in MAL. And just watch this. Well it's really a good anime. But for kids :c

I've watched it when I was a child, even that time I didn't liked it.
But memes are all we got
Oct 7, 2017 4:12 PM

Apr 2015
Ahealias said:
CatSoul said:

MAL's rankings were already a disgrace. You guys would really rather have four Gintama seasons in the top 10?

yes i would, because they aren't being rated by trolls at least, but by a dedicated (sometimes maybe too much) fandom

I'm not trolling, and neither are the majority of Pingu defenders. This is good shit.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Apr 2014
I see the problem, OP's brain got fried by the sheer glory of Pingu in the City.
Oct 7, 2017 4:13 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Mike-Kundun said:
People think they're funny with going with the flow by giving this a 10/10. Well let me be clear. You're not. Look I grew up with Pingu but when i look back at it right now, it's cheesy, cringey, etc. This doesn't deserve a 10/10, grow up people!

Says the guy with your lie and witch academia as his favourite.
Half your anime list belongs in trash just like your opinion.

you can't have a shit opinion, if you like something that's it. Even if a show has major flaws in character structure, plot and a shitton else, it can still be enjoyable to some people. Pingu isnt being rated good by people who actually enjoy it though even though it has flaws, its just a meme which is the problem
Oct 7, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
CatSoul said:
Ahealias said:

I'm not trolling, and neither are the majority of Pingu defenders. This is good shit.

I won't believe for a second that an adult (or whatever age you are) could unironically enjoy watching pingu unless you have some kind of defect in your fucking brain
Oct 7, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2015
I wish for this cancer to be removed and it's supporters hunted like wild hare!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 4:17 PM

May 2017
Ahealias said:

you can't have a shit opinion, if you like something that's it. Even if a show has major flaws in character structure, plot and a shitton else, it can still be enjoyable to some people. Pingu isnt being rated good by people who actually enjoy it though even though it has flaws, its just a meme which is the problem

It's a meme because people enjoy it. People who rated it 10 actually enjoyed watching it. You can't say a show doesn't deserve 10/10, while having "objectively" bad shit in your favourite.
Oct 7, 2017 4:17 PM

Apr 2015
Ahealias said:
CatSoul said:

I won't believe for a second that an adult (or whatever age you are) could unironically enjoy watching pingu unless you have some kind of defect in your fucking brain

You literally said earlier "you can't have a shit opinion, if you like something that's it." and now you're accusing me of having a defect in my brain for enjoying something. You're blatantly contradicting yourself.
Oct 7, 2017 4:20 PM
Jul 2016
CatSoul said:
Ahealias said:

You literally said earlier "you can't have a shit opinion, if you like something that's it." and now you're accusing me of having a defect in my brain for enjoying something. You're blatantly contradicting yourself.

if you genuinly enjoy it fine, but you just dont genuinly enjoy it enough to give it a 10/10 rating, that'd be stupid. There's a difference between saying an opinion is shit and just not believing something someone says
Oct 7, 2017 4:21 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Ahealias said:

It's a meme because people enjoy it. People who rated it 10 actually enjoyed watching it. You can't say a show doesn't deserve 10/10, while having "objectively" bad shit in your favourite.

they enjoy the meme, not the actual show itself

May 2017
Ahealias said:

Says the guy who rated code geass 10. Hypocrite much?

Dec 2016
This shitty Pingu meme stopped being funny after like 10 seconds

What's the difference?
Oct 7, 2017 4:23 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Ahealias said:

yeah because code;geass has actual story, character development, good action and a very very good ending. can't really look at pingu the same way now can you
Oct 7, 2017 4:24 PM

May 2017
Ahealias said:

How the Fuck would you know, ask anyone who rated Pingu 10, most of them would have liked the first episode.
Oct 7, 2017 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
Ahealias said:
Hagorama said:

yeah because code;geass has actual story, character development, good action and a very very good ending. can't really look at pingu the same way now can you

Honestly, Code Geass isn't a bad show, but it's more mindless entertainment than Pingu.
Oct 7, 2017 4:26 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Ahealias said:

How the Fuck would you know, ask anyone who rated Pingu 10, most of them would have liked the first episode.

like i've said 4 fucking times up till now. If you enjoy pingu fine, rate it whatever you actually think it's worth. But the people rating it 10/10 are just riding the meme wave and aren't rating it 10/10 because they actually think it's worth that. Even if you enjoy the first episode no way you give it a 10/10
Oct 7, 2017 4:27 PM
Jul 2016
CatSoul said:
Ahealias said:

Honestly, Code Geass isn't a bad show, but it's more mindless entertainment than Pingu.

you really wouldn't be able to follow the story/appreciate it in any way i think if you were mindlessly watching it, you do have to pay attention
Oct 7, 2017 4:28 PM

May 2017
Ahealias said:

> code geass
> good story, character development

Pick one.

You can't hate on Pingu just because its ranked higher than your favourite, Even if you think it's fucking trash.
Oct 7, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
Ahealias said:
Man you score 10 No game no Life. I don't believe a second an full grown up could unironically rate that 10. The story is weak, and all is do is catter teenagers by talking to their social drift and libido. Which surprise me, because the rest of the shows you rated are more than decent.

im not a reviewer, i don't write reviews ever so i can't really put into words why i enjoyed it so much. If you genuinly dont believe it, and are not just exactly saying what i said because you can't come up with an argument of your own, watch GRarkada's review on it which would explain it pretty well as to why it's enjoyable. Same goes for code;geass
Oct 7, 2017 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
Ahealias said:
like i've said 4 fucking times up till now. If you enjoy pingu fine, rate it whatever you actually think it's worth. But the people rating it 10/10 are just riding the meme wave and aren't rating it 10/10 because they actually think it's worth that. Even if you enjoy the first episode no way you give it a 10/10

I don't even rate airing anime. I put a 10 because the rating was high enough so the refresh could take it to the top, so I can get a funny MAL top anime list screenshot.

Instead we've exposed that there are people cancerous enough to create sub accounts just to downvote anything that is above a 9 and upvote Gintama.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 7, 2017 4:31 PM

May 2017
Ahealias said:
Hagorama said:

Again how the Fuck do you know?
And even if they do why do you care.
Oct 7, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Ahealias said:

> code geass

Pick one.

You can't hate on Pingu just because its ranked higher than your favourite, Even if you think it's fucking trash.

no matter what you say code geass does have a well thought out story even if you dislike the story, you can't say that it isnt at least well-made. And while i will say that i was exaggerating earlier about defect shit (lol), it's to make a point that even if these people genuinely enjoy pingu for what it is (as a kids shows it's actually good), it's the meme that's the problem. People rating it 10/10 for no reason at all outside of the meme being funny and not the show itself
Oct 7, 2017 4:33 PM
Jul 2016
BurningSpirit said:
Ahealias said:

I don't even rate airing anime. I put a 10 because the rating was high enough so the refresh could take it to the top, so I can get a funny MAL top anime list screenshot.

Instead we've exposed that there are people cancerous enough to create sub accounts just to downvote anything that is above a 9 and upvote Gintama, which is why so many Gintama series end up at the top 10.

i agree with you there that those people are also cancerous
Oct 7, 2017 4:35 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Ahealias said:

Again how the Fuck do you know?
And even if they do why do you care.

i've always cared about the rankings. As i myself have used it in the past as a newcommer to anime to find new anime to watch, and when i introduce new people to anime i also recommend this site because it has a lot of anime on it and NORMALLY actually well thought out reviews and rankings that make sense. So the newommers can look at the top and see what is generally recieved as really good. But with shit like pingu up there it makes that whole process a lot more tedious and annoying especially for complete newcommers
Oct 7, 2017 4:36 PM

May 2017
Ahealias said:
Hagorama said:

> code geass

Pick one.

no matter what you say code geass does have a well thought out story even if you dislike the story, you can't say that it isnt at least well-made. And while i will say that i was exaggerating earlier about defect shit (lol), it's to make a point that even if these people genuinely enjoy pingu for what it is (as a kids shows it's actually good), it's the meme that's the problem. People rating it 10/10 for no reason at all outside of the meme being funny and not the show itself

How is it being meme a problem?
You are implying that mal rating has some actual credibility.
Oct 7, 2017 4:39 PM
Jul 2016
Hagorama said:
Ahealias said:

How is it being meme a problem?
You are implying that mal rating has some actual credibility.

it should, the only problem is memes like this and people creating extra accounts
Oct 7, 2017 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
Kemono friends deserves the #3 spot, not some fucking penguin.
Oct 7, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
GMoney84 said:
I honestly don't care if it's taken down or if it remains.
But I am not ok with trolls rating it 10/10 and getting it to #3

Why so serious? It's a joke that a collective has agreed upon, it's fun, let it live.
Oct 7, 2017 4:46 PM

Sep 2014
I don't get all the hate my boy Pingu is getting, man, let him enjoy his moment of glory.
Oct 7, 2017 4:47 PM

May 2017
PeripheralVision said:
Kemono friends deserves the #3 spot, not some fucking penguin.

Take that back you fucker,
NOOT NOOT WILL FUCK OVER KEMONO ANYDAY.
You actually need a brain to understand pingu, the complexity of the dialogues.
Do you know every NOOT is different.
Oct 7, 2017 4:48 PM

Jul 2014
KurebayashiAeon said:
GangsterCat said:
Pingu in the City (Japanese:ピングー in ザ・シティ) is a Japanese animated television series produced by Mattel Creations and Polygon Pictures, based on Pingu. It is set to premiere on October 7th 2017 on NHK.

This is really fucked up.

Well, I don't care as long as the meme die fast.

Why would you concerned with the existence of a meme. You must have the best life on earth if things like these are actually some of your concerns. Take the chill pill and loosen up a little.
Oct 7, 2017 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
The masterpiece Hamatsu no Mars gets 2.5 stars while this trash gets 9. Smh. Mars is clearly superior in every way.

Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Oct 7, 2017 4:55 PM
Jul 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
Hagorama said:

> code geass

Pick one.

I'm sorry but I'm with him on that. Code Geass has a good story. A few rubber patch in season 1 that we forgive because of the shakespearian way it's presented. And by shakespearian, I don't mean the quality of writing, but all the twist, trahison, over top reaction you could find in his plays, because of the ways English theater was played at the time. It was distraction for every social class, and things had to happen, because people in the audience were talking and drinking, and you had to keep them interested, thus there was death on scene, plot twist, etc... which didn't happen in French theaters where lower class weren't allowed. plus the architecture of the scene was a lot different in english theaters - look at the shakespeare Globe compared to more traditionnal theater (which in fact is the french theater presentation).
Anyway, the story in Code Geass is very good. But the production of second season was chaotic, and you can clearly see that. repetition, thing that seem to come out of nowhere, bad pacing, etc. You can blame Code Geass on many things, especially for the second season, but for having a bad story and characters developpment, just no (except for the Akito OAV, that was bad)

what he said, im bad with words lol
Oct 7, 2017 5:00 PM

Sep 2014
Pharmakon said:
2017 needs to end.

It has 2 cours lmao
P I N G U I S O U R S A V I O R
Oct 7, 2017 5:00 PM

May 2017
Turtles_Hunter said:
Hagorama said:

> code geass

Pick one.

I'm sorry but I'm with him on that. Code Geass has a good story. A few rubber patch in season 1 that we forgive because of the shakespearian way it's presented. And by shakespearian, I don't mean the quality of writing, but all the twist, trahison, over top reaction you could find in his plays, because of the ways English theater was played at the time. It was distraction for every social class, and things had to happen, because people in the audience were talking and drinking, and you had to keep them interested, thus there was death on scene, plot twist, etc... which didn't happen in French theaters where lower class weren't allowed. plus the architecture of the scene was a lot different in english theaters - look at the shakespeare Globe compared to more traditionnal theater (which in fact is the french theater presentation).
Anyway, the story in Code Geass is very good. But the production of second season was chaotic, and you can clearly see that. repetition, thing that seem to come out of nowhere, bad pacing, etc. You can blame Code Geass on many things, especially for the second season, but for having a bad story and characters developpment, just no (except for the Akito OAV, that was bad)

First half of your argument was just jargon, and in the second half you presented nothing to say why was the story good(you do realise pacing and repetition come under story).
Let me just paste one of the reviews here cause I have to go to sleep :

Story: While Code Geass had an interesting premise that seemingly got off to a good start, it`s unfortunate the creators of the show had no idea how to handle the mass of ideas they had, or perhaps they simply didn`t care. New plot elements are introduced while at the same time are others are pushed back and delayed, sometimes by many episodes, and sometimes taken out of the show entirely, left to be settled in the 2nd season yet to air. The writing completely flat lines half way through and instead of the gripping and fast paced war/revenge story we had, we then dive headfirst into utterly inane romance drama with a resolution so incredibly bone headed that the series has almost turned into a comedy. As the series moves on, almost as if the romance was a checkbox on a "to do" list of the plot, the series gradually builds up again, making you think it may yet recover, despite the still omnipresent idiocy, but the show sees fit to deliver a "plot twist" so completely over the top and ridiculous, the writers have wrecked absolutely everything that the series had built in it`s first half, only to deliver one of the most stupid and pathetic twists in recent years. I can`t imagine the writers had any other intention rather than having the audience laugh at the absurdity of it all. The series seems to want to be so many things at the same time. It wants to be a gripping war story, a drama about revenge, it wants to include romance and tragedy, but without foregoing humour. Unfortuntely it was unable to do any of these right.

Tldr : the creators Compromised on their original idea just to expand its demographic.
Oct 7, 2017 5:04 PM

May 2017
ijnek93 said:
Pharmakon said:
2017 needs to end.

It has 2 cours lmao

Are you serious?
P I N G U S A V E D A N I M E.
NOOT NOOT TILL I DIE
Oct 7, 2017 5:14 PM

Sep 2014
Hagorama said:
ijnek93 said:

It has 2 cours lmao

Are you serious?
P I N G U S A V E D A N I M E.
NOOT NOOT TILL I DIE

Yes, bruh. It has 26 episodes, Noot Noot haters got BTFO. I genuinely hope this show will be a turning point for anime.
ijnek93Oct 7, 2017 5:23 PM
Oct 7, 2017 5:18 PM
Aug 2017
Do you even NOOT NOOT bro?
Oct 7, 2017 5:27 PM

Sep 2014
Josh_Mat said:
Do you even NOOT NOOT bro?

N O O T N O O T
O
O
T

N
O
O
T
Oct 7, 2017 5:31 PM
May 2015
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pingu in the City. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of ornithological biology, the significance of the show's moral ambiguity will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Pingu’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the show's sophisticated plot, to realise that it's not just psychologically thrilling- it also provides us with many profound messages regarding the universe and our place, or lack of place, in it. As a consequence people who dislike Pingu in the City truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the passion in Pingu’s existential catchphrase “NOOT NOOT,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Otmar Gutmann’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

/thread
Oct 7, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
lequack said:
Who cares?

Let people rate what how want. It is none of your business.

oh look, finally a smart comment, i can't believe it
Oct 7, 2017 5:35 PM

Mar 2016
Pingu is the savior of anime, noot noot.
Oct 7, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2015
jokes on you, i love pingu
Oct 7, 2017 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
Hodor98 said:
It's a joke. It should be like hentai is because it's a joke. N/A.

Oct 7, 2017 8:39 PM
May 2017
dont EVER disrespect pingu in the city

Oct 7, 2017 8:40 PM

Nov 2016
this psychological anime, reminds me of "Cory in the House", honestly.

Just compare the title. . .

And this animu deserve a 11/10 or 6 Stars/5 Stars.
♿250♿KG♿BEAST♿COMING♿THROUGH
Oct 7, 2017 8:41 PM

Jun 2016
It's going to be really hard not to add points to this in the end with this saltfest going on. Honestly voting was the real meme all along, it's just being made obvious.

Mike-Kundun said:
People think they're funny with going with the flow by giving this a 10/10. Well let me be clear. You're not. Look I grew up with Pingu but when i look back at it right now, it's cheesy, cringey, etc. This doesn't deserve a 10/10, grow up people!

Shh, not so loud. If we don't launch the critical reviews in a swift surprise strike they'll never rise above the inevitable memeviews that will crop up when the show ends.

I will say that the cheesyness and cringyness are why I (and probably a fair amount of other people) ended up liking Pingu in the first place. Humor is a very subjective field.

ShiRo-iS-LiFe said:

Cory in the House got stale anyways. Pingu in the City is the perfect replacement.
Oct 7, 2017 8:58 PM

Nov 2016
ShiRo-iS-LiFe said:

Cory in the House got stale anyways. Pingu in the City is the perfect replacement.

Pingu in the City is actually an adaptation anime from Drama Series "Cory in the House", that is delayed from 2013 until 2017 is now aired.
♿250♿KG♿BEAST♿COMING♿THROUGH
Oct 7, 2017 9:34 PM
Apr 2015
Pingu saved anime everyone who gives it a 1/10 is just salty about that and the fact that their favorite anime is trash compared to pingu

NOOT NOOT
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LuceoEtzio - Oct 6, 2017

97 by MyWeebCringeList »»
Aug 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 11 Discussion

lanblade - Dec 15, 2017

14 by Goo-mah »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 24 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

10 by Frezlaj »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 26 Discussion

BoosterGold - Mar 30, 2018

25 by VMario699 »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 25 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

13 by CQLLIST »»
May 24, 2022 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.