Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 7, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
The drama is SO over the top. It is really hard to take this show seriously (though...maybe it isn't supposed to be. The tone swings from wacky antics to serious melodrama every other scene).
Oct 8, 2017 12:39 AM
May 2011
For everyone shitting on the show about saving the school again as plot, I mean, let's be real, it's not at all realistic for them to manage to save a school in the middle of nowhere.

so µ's managing to do it was nothing short of a miracle

anyway, I was basically smiling the whole time, minus the oh shit moment. felt a bit of emotional whiplash that they threw it in right from the start, but otherwise, good episode
Oct 8, 2017 1:57 AM

Aug 2013
why ruby's doing this pose every.goddamn.time
idk why but it bothers me so much reeeeeeeeeee

so kawaii I wanna slap her face
Oct 8, 2017 2:59 AM

Jan 2015
Too much drama tho...
Oct 8, 2017 3:40 AM

Jan 2017
Bloody hell.. all that hard work in season one down the drain... LOL.. Mari cracks me up sometime... I don't speak Japanese..

Here we go.. second season of unsurmountable mindless optimism with lots of cutesy zura!
Oct 8, 2017 5:10 AM
Oct 2017
Kanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan my waifu
Oct 8, 2017 7:57 AM

Feb 2015
Ehhhhh. Love Live is back, and well. It's all about overcoming problems that get blown way out of proportion, through the power of positivity and friendship.

I'm honestly not feeling so good about it. I've seen all the previous seasons, but all of the melodrama and the positive pep talks that would absolutely never happen in real life just get so sickly. I want to see more comedy and more practising. I'm sick of the "oh the school might shut down" drama. I just don't care about it.

But I've got this far, so I'll keep going. maybe my attitude will change!
Oct 8, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
finally my most anticipated show, and it's damn good!
Love this first episode.

"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 8, 2017 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
Oh nice! S2 and keep on shining!
i really though Mari would do something like leave and transfer school but I was trolled...it was just the cancellation of the open house!
the OP CG dancing was great and nice new outfits!
4/5.

Oct 8, 2017 8:51 AM

Mar 2012
EcchiKingMamster said:
i always forget how much i fucking love this until its airing again

so perfectly kawaii >/////<

just show their panties dammit... they know they want to
There was definitely a pantyshot in there, but only Riko and You saw it.

(tbh I thought I saw a flash of white but it was just her shirt).
Oct 8, 2017 9:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

Looooooolll they be mad teasin us
Oct 8, 2017 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Aquors are back and I'm so excited about it
Oct 8, 2017 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
Is Love Live! the cure for depression? Maybe.
Oct 8, 2017 2:33 PM
Jul 2014
my only complaint is how the ginormous problem that has a kind of confusing resolution, and how they're keeping their pattern of "let Riko solve all of Chika's sad moments and leave You in the dust" going.

Everything else was perfect. IT'S MIRACLE!
Oct 8, 2017 3:46 PM
Dec 2016
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah not another 'save the school' plot. I'm hoping that won't be the main focus of the story again....
Oct 8, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
So I've figured it out. There are definitely some shows that you need to turn your brain off to enjoy the show, or at least to try and enjoy it. Sunshine is different. You need to not only turn your brain off but try your best to retard any sense of maturity you may or may not have. This show is so childish, that the try hard drama makes it painful to watch. It's so fake and full of tropes that it becomes annoying rather than entertaining. S1 was not good and this is shaping up to be equally or more painful to sit through.
Oct 8, 2017 7:03 PM
Sep 2017
I guess Mari Will Be Going Back to America To Persued Her Dad Again or She will ask her Dad to Come in their town and Mari and Her group will show how they Determined to save the school And then Her dad will extend the date of closing..
Oct 8, 2017 8:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Reason why I love Chika so much ^^
Felt bad for her and Mari as well, but especially Chika since how deeply attached she is with the group and the hard work she's put into making the group come that far.

Wondering what they will do know.

- Kanan princess carries Mari, omg Mari can be so spoiled at times lol

Overall I'm glad Aquors is back, and it'll be a fun second season.
OP is alright, I liked Aozora Jumping Heart more but this one is alright too. ED as well.

Oct 8, 2017 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
GarLogan78 said:
The drama is SO over the top. It is really hard to take this show seriously (though...maybe it isn't supposed to be. The tone swings from wacky antics to serious melodrama every other scene).

Agreed. This is only the first episode and already the drama feels so forced. It was kinda cringe-worthy.

The tropey characters who seem defined almost exclusively by their quirks doesn't help either. Yoshiko is just a nutty chuuni. Hanamaru says "zura" all the time. Ruby is supposed to be moe because she's always holding that weird pose with her arms on her chest and her fists turned palms up under her chin.
Salmon is delicious.
Oct 8, 2017 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
EcchiKingMamster said:
SeibaaHomu said:

Looooooolll they be mad teasin us
The show is super popular with audiences of all different backgrounds so I understand why they can't do it... even though I'm fairly certain there was at least one animator who was begging to throw in some more realistic physics.

I get your pain but you gotta understand that Love Live is super popular with audiences that could potentially turned off by pantyshots. I mean, I saw some pantyshots in Cheer Fruits from last season and while I wasn't bothered by it it's pretty obvious the show didn't do too well.
Oct 9, 2017 2:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SeibaaHomu said:

I get your pain but you gotta understand that Love Live is super popular with audiences that could potentially turned off by pantyshots. I mean, I saw some pantyshots in Cheer Fruits from last season and while I wasn't bothered by it it's pretty obvious the show didn't do too well.

bruh plz, i know damn well how popular Love Live! is, ive been following since the first season was airing, ive seen most of the specials as well as the movie and my room is full of merch

yea despite arguablely having more male fans, the show is very popular with girls, so i know thats why

our biggest con back in 2016 was mostly Love Live! cosplay and theres Love Live! stuff at every booth at every con

therew as only one pantyshot in Cheer Fruits lol

i forgot to mention that yea, its in Japans top 10 anime, which i super fuck with XD

anyway, im just being me lol
EcchiGodMamsterOct 9, 2017 3:00 AM
Oct 9, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
EcchiKingMamster said:
SeibaaHomu said:

bruh plz, i know damn well how popular Love Live! is, ive been following since the first season was airing, ive seen most of the specials as well as the movie and my room is full of merch

yea despite arguablely having more male fans, the show is very popular with girls, so i know thats why

our biggest con back in 2016 was mostly Love Live! cosplay and theres Love Live! stuff at every booth at every con

i forgot to mention that yea, its in Japans top 10 anime, which i super fuck with XD

I dunno, maybe there'll be like one pantyshot in Love Live someday. Like, some animator will just sneak one in or maybe they'll add in something for the Blu-ray version if they want a sales boost.
Oct 9, 2017 4:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

I dunno, maybe there'll be like one pantyshot in Love Live someday. Like, some animator will just sneak one in or maybe they'll add in something for the Blu-ray version if they want a sales boost.

LOL its fine man, it's just with a perfect all female cast and beautiful animation it sucks there's none, but I wasn't being 100% serious lol

Love Live is still one of the greatest things to happen to anime
Oct 9, 2017 4:14 AM

Dec 2015
finally!!! i hope this season is even better than the previous one. i missed my girls aqours!!

i love μ's
Oct 9, 2017 4:40 AM

Mar 2013
I always find if funny when the characters just teleport to where Chika is, like, wth xD

But well, besides that, op and ending are great. Hoping for the show to get better (at least for me) in that season, since they decided to stop being u's copypaste and beggining being themselves.
Oct 9, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

That scene had the most forced magic skirt censorship I've ever seen. Fabric doesn't defy gravity and cling to your body like that, lol. A giant censorship bar would've looked less awkward.

Oct 9, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2013
Finally It's back! tbh I'm an original Love Live! fans more, but this series wasn't so bad...

Pretty decent start though I don't really like It for a drama in the first Episode, ruining the excitement you know. But the Musics in both OP and ED are pretty great...

Also Kanan and Mari moment <3
Oct 9, 2017 3:04 PM

May 2015
And it's great to see the girls back again~

Time to work towards that miracle. Nice start to this season.

Oct 10, 2017 3:59 AM
Apr 2016
Anju Inami,voice for Chika Takami, gives a spin kick in the butt !

Karate!! Anju-chan is so cute and strong!

Video here
Oct 10, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2012
I hope they boost the drama in the next episode. This anime won't be this good without the drama
Oct 10, 2017 12:44 PM

Dec 2014
rsc-pl said:
Damn you Sunrise. You could at least have done an op sequence without that cancerous 3DCG...
Now I need to skip op in every episode.
Ok, I can get it's your opinion and all, but you think it's cancerous? You're overreacting and nowhere agreeable.
Oct 10, 2017 11:04 PM

Mar 2009
I love the Love Live moms.
Oct 11, 2017 1:40 PM

Apr 2016
They're just milking all the memes at this point...
Don't know how to use html so this signature is empty for now :/
Oct 12, 2017 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
Ok. I like how the drama was done but I don't like what the drama is about.
They had the chance to make this season unique yet they are still deep within influence of µ's. Now they are making the same mistake again. The bus scene with despair was nice but the ending motivation scene was pretty much pointless as they all decided to do something but forgot to tell what and I still don't know if their goal is to win/attend Love Live or save the school or to organize open house nevertheless... or what?

Sometimes you can't go 'ganbare' and hope it would solve everything. µ's were pure archetypes and used cliche well but they were also down to earth and didn't used empty phrases. Like what exactly is meant by the word "shine" Chika wants to find? It reminds me of the first season where she was also pursuing something abstract while other things would matter a lot more.

Have to say (again) that the game stories brings better slice-of-life moments that the anime. Which is sad but true. Here we got really rushed developement with Mari that was resolved in just one episode and I have to ask why? The original series with µ's had similiar hints and mysteries for several chapters and it was for the better. Here it couldn't even sink in for the viewers before it gets resolved. I really hope this is not the sign of things to come.

Really hope they won't ditch this plot in the next episode in favour of character episodes and then return to it in the end when they will save the school and win.

If this series is to be good the school has to close yet they have to win nevertheless, enjoying what they had before that.
That would be perfect bittersweet ending.

I also wasn't the fan of breaking the fourth wall in the beginning and insert comedy scenes during the episode as it was destroying the atmosphere. And the facial animation for characters was kinda weird, more distorted, deformed, just weird.

But, both OP and ED were nice, better than in the last season. So far it seems like only opening episode that has the only one goal - to remind us of the characters. We will see where we will go from here.
Mich666Oct 12, 2017 5:28 PM
Oct 13, 2017 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
THEY'RE FUCKING GOING TO SAVE THE SCHOOL AGAIN?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 14, 2017 2:43 AM

May 2017
Love Live is my guilty pleasure. No matter how terrible this turns out to be, I'll still mostly likely be okay with it, but jfc, are they seriously going with the "save the school" plot again? I'm starting to get bored with it, sigh

Also, the KanaMari in this episode was strong <3
Oct 16, 2017 11:06 PM
Sep 2010
uxie said:
it's based on a mobile game...

Uh, no its not, the game is based on the series not the other way around.

...if they kept it braindead i feel it would fit better overall and the idol-otaku nuts in japan would probably like it more as well. oh well

Love live is one of the biggest and most popular anime idol series in Japan. Trust me the idol-otakus are already in love with it as it is.
Zetsuei380Oct 16, 2017 11:10 PM
Oct 18, 2017 3:21 AM
Oct 2011
Reikuo said:
Love triangle between Chika, You, and Riko? hnng

Who is You again? Ah the second year side character and Rikos shadow :P
Oct 30, 2017 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
Yay, finally beginning I also this second season of Sunshine. As the first episode is not bad, the dreamlike part is not bad as an idea to start narration. Funny and melancholy enough to tell the story, I thought that you would choose a much more fun and less rated narrative to the dramatic moments, but that's fine. Very realistic the plot, I appreciated how right from the beginning have started to build the characters, starting immediately with Riko, it seems a good choice. Drawings and backgrounds really great as quality.
Nov 9, 2017 11:44 PM
Jul 2018
I love how Sunshine has the characters fail this much, and was definitely a surprise to do it here again, bu does anybody actually care about the "school closing down" plot?
Nov 10, 2017 2:07 PM
Dec 2016
Hey everyone! Please check out my fanfic "Uchiura no Kiseki" on Fanfiction!
Nov 24, 2017 8:01 PM

Jan 2014
I miss the old OP and ED from S1. I hope they at least focus more on Yoshiko, Hanamaru, and Ruby. Those are the worst three, imo.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 12, 2017 7:01 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like it's as good as last season.
Dec 19, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 2016
Boring episode
Still prefer u's -_-
Just watching for saint snow tbh
Jan 2, 2018 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
if they want to save the school they just need to rile up the entire down, town ppl will say front of cameras their kids wont go to school that is farther we will make home study if we half to + badmouth the ppl who want to destroy the school like how shitty they are destroying small town for money, if they speak well enough it gets ppl in other City's mad at the officials & in the end they half to back down to save their rep
Jan 27, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
don't know how my love live loving ass didn't watch this sooner
Sep 29, 2019 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see the girls again. I just love how positive thinkings the girls are.

Love the OP song.

Nov 5, 2019 8:14 PM
Apr 2018
The op and ed were nice. I like them better than S1's.

Well, the school still is at risk of getting closed. I hadn't paid attention to how few students are there, no wonder Mari's dad want to close it.

Yohane!!! She reminded me of the donkey from Shrek, when they all were arguing and the donkey jumped in and said "Donkey!" Lmao.
Jun 4, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2016
I've been wanting to watch this for a long time now but I keep putting it off since each Love Live episode's a really heavy watch because of the drama but if I didn't start it now, I don't have an idea when I would. My emotional investment towards every Love Live girl is way more than I could've expected and it just goes for show that the franchise's anime continues to really take a lot out of me~

Seeing the Aqours girls again was a very pleasant thing for me but it looks like they're being encountered by hardships one after another despite all their hard work and it was really sad to see that. Hopefully, them giving them their all will finally make a miracle that's big enough to turn their lives around.

Sep 15, 2020 5:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Watching this for the sake of finishing LL series before starting another spin-off.

Thats it for me.
badabassSep 15, 2020 5:40 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

127 by andreyxlx »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.