Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2017 4:22 AM
May 2017
Was there any announcement if the show is airing later? I wonder if this is true or a glitch or something. Thought it would be fall 2017
OPVerdandiOct 10, 2017 10:07 AM
Oct 7, 2017 10:40 AM

May 2016
Nah, it was in Summer 2017 section because some people watched the first episode at Anime Expo. It's just fixed now and displays proper date.
Oct 7, 2017 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
F***ING FINALLY, GODAMNIT! ಥ⌣ಥ
Oct 7, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
I don't know which Mod is taking over MAL's new pending/ airing anime system, but THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE BECAUSE YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE!!
Oct 7, 2017 7:11 PM
May 2017
Luchael said:
Nah, it was in Summer 2017 section because some people watched the first episode at Anime Expo. It's just fixed now and displays proper date.

Oh I thought it would be fall 2017
Oct 9, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2014
Fuck'n finally, MAL trolled us for 3 months.
I thought they will keep it like that until it aired.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 9, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
About time someone took at least some responsibilty.
Oct 17, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2015
Just as I was forgiving MAL's mods for aquiring common sense... WHY WHY WHY????? Well, we are now back at square one.
Oct 17, 2017 2:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
This is even worst than just putting it at the wrong place once, they put it again in the summer 2017 when it was at its right place, what the fuck MAL ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 17, 2017 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
Mods must be trolling us now
Oct 17, 2017 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
Violet Evergarden back at it again in a season it doesn't belong to and in 2nd place in the Currently Airing ♥
Oct 17, 2017 3:29 PM

May 2015
Lmao. Mods on this site are a joke.

Oct 18, 2017 12:29 AM
Jun 2013
ugh, so dumb that they switched it back, guessing we're gonna have to wait another 3 months until it actually airs in Winter
Oct 18, 2017 3:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now you can't even use ignorance as an excuse anymore wtf
Oct 18, 2017 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
When the anime has an advanced screening, we discard the TV airing start date and put the advance screening date instead. After the TV airing starts, we change the start date back to the TV airing start date.

We had the same with Mahoutsukai no Yome which was changed to the TV airing date after it started airing there.
Same will be with Violet Evergarden, once the TV airing starts the date will be changed to January. Changing it now would mean all the lists of the people who watched it at the pre-screening will change and it will move the entry from their watching to their plan to watch. In order to prevent this, it is as it is right now.

Also, it's listed under summer season because the system automatically determinates in which season to display the anime based on the airing date. Once the date is changed to January, the anime will be displayed in the Winter 2018 Season.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Oct 19, 2017 4:02 AM
Jun 2013
valoon said:
When the anime has an advanced screening, we discard the TV airing start date and put the advance screening date instead. After the TV airing starts, we change the start date back to the TV airing start date.

We had the same with Mahoutsukai no Yome which was changed to the TV airing date after it started airing there.
Same will be with Violet Evergarden, once the TV airing starts the date will be changed to January. Changing it now would mean all the lists of the people who watched it at the pre-screening will change and it will move the entry from their watching to their plan to watch. In order to prevent this, it is as it is right now.

Also, it's listed under summer season because the system automatically determinates in which season to display the anime based on the airing date. Once the date is changed to January, the anime will be displayed in the Winter 2018 Season.

Totally understand the logic behind that, it's just kinda frustrating when only 1000 people on here have seen this series while the other 100,000+ have to wait until it releases.
Oct 19, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
triton6783 said:

Totally understand the logic behind that, it's just kinda frustrating when only 1000 people on here have seen this series while the other 100,000+ have to wait until it releases.

Sure, but that's exactly what Myanimelist is here for: Keeping track of your seen Anime
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Oct 20, 2017 6:51 AM
Dec 2016
GG MODS trolls everywhere!
Oct 20, 2017 12:43 PM
Aug 2014
valoon said:
Changing it now would mean all the lists of the people who watched it at the pre-screening will change and it will move the entry from their watching to their plan to watch. In order to prevent this, it is as it is right now.

Have you considered updating your system to prevent this, instead of providing misleading information?

Also doesn't seem like a big issue. All those people certainly aren't "Currently Watching" this series, since a single episode watched a few months ago doesn't sound very "currently".
Oct 20, 2017 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
mrdalton said:

Have you considered updating your system to prevent this, instead of providing misleading information?

Also doesn't seem like a big issue. All those people certainly aren't "Currently Watching" this series, since a single episode watched a few months ago doesn't sound very "currently".

Updating the system is not the anime moderators job, we merely make the information as conveniently and correct as possible.

It does not only moves the list from currently watching, but also of the people that have it on On-Hold, which might be more accurate in this case then.
Oct 20, 2017 1:46 PM
Aug 2014
valoon said:
mrdalton said:

Updating the system is not the anime moderators job, we merely make the information as conveniently and correct as possible.

It does not only moves the list from currently watching, but also of the people that have it on On-Hold, which might be more accurate in this case then.

Of course I didn't mean that you make the update personally but it's a reasonable point to bring up with the devs.

Indeed On-Hold would be more than appropriate in this case but please do consider sacrificing some of the convenience for the sake of reliability. Violet Evergarden is not currently airing and labeling it as such is straight up misinformation.
Oct 22, 2017 5:04 AM

Apr 2014
What an actual fuck MAL? Why the constant change of status?
Will you make up your mind? This is getting ridiculous.
Seriously just set it 2018! It's just 2-3 months away!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 12, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
valoon said:

Honestly, I understand the logic behind this, but it's still wrong. The system that forces anime into plan to watch if it's not airing is completely out of line. For example, if I want to prepare for the next season by moving all the anime I'll be watching into my Watching category, I should be allowed to do that. That's one major problem that it causes. The other is this mass confusion when people see that it is in the Airing category when it isn't.

I'm probably preaching to the choir about this, but this is in essence a glitch with your own systems. A glitch is defined as a sudden, usually temporary, malfunction or irregularity in a system. If you guys have to constantly manage which anime had a pre-screening and adjust them later just so people don't lose their progress because it, by default, bumps things back into the Plan To Watch category if it's not airing, I'd define that as a glitch.

Also to be clear, I did read this post too:
valoon said:

MAL can be run better. This is one problem that I hope is on the "plan to fix" list.
Dec 13, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
Mods, please do not do this with the 'airing season' for things. Kthx. Just because something gets previewed (This, Grancrest War, etc) it needs to keep its 'airing season' as the actual airing season.
Ever heard of "Mafia"? Check out my spin on the game type with a version similar to "Are You a Werewolf" - Werewolves of the Dark Arts
Dec 20, 2017 1:47 PM
Apr 2016
it still hasn't changed yet... the show is weeks away

Maybe you should fix your system if it going to mess up the entry of the most anticipated show each season.
stealthsworDec 20, 2017 1:54 PM
Dec 20, 2017 1:50 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
stealthswor said:
pretty sure they gonna change it the day it start.
wouldnt be surprised -_-
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 21, 2017 1:04 AM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:
stealthswor said:
pretty sure they gonna change it the day it start.
wouldnt be surprised -_-

Yeah, that's what will happen unfortunately.
:3
Dec 23, 2017 4:07 AM

Sep 2011
They're doing it to gain more members though which is effective. That's why Mahoutsokai no Yome was the most popular anime in Fall since it was put in Summer section at first.
Dec 23, 2017 9:34 PM

Dec 2016
The biggest troll would be the hype. so many ppl planning on watching it cuz of its rank in the list and then fooled if its a bad anime after all..
Jan 5, 2018 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
ExoticNeeds said:
They're doing it to gain more members though which is effective. That's why Mahoutsokai no Yome was the most popular anime in Fall since it was put in Summer section at first.
No they're not. They're doing it to be technically accurate which isn't the best kind of accurate in this situation. They gain nothing from promoting an already well advertised show by misinforming the viewers.
Jan 6, 2018 3:43 AM

Dec 2016
Syrup- said:
ExoticNeeds said:
No they're not. They're doing it to be technically accurate which isn't the best kind of accurate in this situation. They gain nothing from promoting an already well advertised show by misinforming the viewers.

I get that, but the hype can't be ignored. Just saying...
Jan 7, 2018 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
Lucky_SLS said:
The biggest troll would be the hype. so many ppl planning on watching it cuz of its rank in the list and then fooled if its a bad anime after all..

Yeah it's pretty disturbing..
Jan 9, 2018 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
They changed it, its now: Winter 2018
Jan 9, 2018 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
They changed it so, there we go. Now its pretty much where it should be in the airing slot.
Jan 10, 2018 7:46 PM

Feb 2014
Thank you MAL moderators for doing the right thing and changing it to the right season. I was fairly critical of the original placement so I'm glad they changed it to the proper season, Winter 2018.
Jan 10, 2018 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
I dunno man, they did what they said they were gonna do. That doesn't mean their system suddenly makes sense or should be the way it is. There were many months where it was incorrectly slotted, and it's going to happen again to the next show with a far off airing date that gets prescreened years in advance. :\

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.